✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense, look again: "It's Acceleration", they call it gravity

No, they don't call acceleration gravity, those are two different things.

And, for each planet, local gravitational acceleration at the surface is:

Acceleration = G x (planetary mass) / (planetary radius)^2

As has been pointed out multiple times to you already, this is a direct consequence of:

Gravitational force = G x mass1 x mass2 / (distance between centres)^2

and:

Acceleration of object = (force on object) / (mass of object)

where masses are in kg, distances in metres, and:

G = 0.0000000000667408

Perhaps you should learn some physics before commenting further.

1. If you were to drop a rock (let's call it a meteor) the size of the moon on earth, 'what would the rate of acceleration be?

Exactly as given by those last three formulae.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As of yet, neither NASA, or ANY Cosmologist has proven that gravity is a force, .. not One. And that Brian Cox/NASA experiment proved that this force called gravity does not exist.

YOU can prove that gravity is a force ... by holding an anvil (or reasonable facsimile) out from you, keeping the anvil from descending to the ground.

You can FEEL the FORCE of gravity PULLING the anvil to the ground ... AND YOU must exert a FORCE yourself to hold the anvil up.

Only FORCES counter FORCES ... and you are absolutely exerting a FORCE ... so what you are opposing must ALSO be a FORCE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Bingo.

Translation: The Moon is really big.

.. and This, .. my fellow Flat Earthers is the proof for gravity. If they can't find it in the Bowling ball/Feather drop in a vacuum chamber, they will find it on the moon, because "it's really big".

* The moon is "really big" with a gravity force of exactly 'g'. If you add two g-forces together, the acceleration is 'g', that's how accurate Glober's are on gravity.

* light is a constant/standing still/stationary for all observers, that's why it travels Exactly at, "c". If "c" doesn't work, then big "C" definitely will, .. Or, it travels 'exactly something like' 300,000 km/s as all observers see it standing still, or dormant. It's also very important to know the exact speed of light, which has been measured in a vacuum observing the orbit of black dots around pagan gods like Jupiter that they call moons. 66 of them, and Olaus Roemer tracked one for weeks as he was going through his bills. That's why he called this black speck IO. Disney then made a movie named "Snow White and the seven dwarfs", .. where the little fellas sang Olaus song every morning on their way to work: "IO, IO, so off to work I Go!"

Also, I don't just claim, it's been shown. Objects weigh less as they go closer to the equator, too, and I even posted a video showing that in this very topic, I believe - it was ignored, of course. Just like the video Thinker posted in #424. As will every piece of evidence that definitely shows the world isn't flat and that gravity is an actual thing.

No such thing has ever been shown, other than tricks like:

yet still claim the bowling balls gravity-force (which is like 100 times the mass of that little lead ball) is insignificant compared to the globes to notice any g-force in it. Yet here when they're trying to fool people to believe gravity, .. it does have a pulling force. Lol.

Or showing the absolute proof of the Coriolis effect;

Look how "to the side" this NASA cosmologist hurriedly pours the water on the South, .. and people still believe we are spinning on a globe!?
Cheap tricks, done dirt cheap, or like that AC DC song:

fits NASA and their Globalist Conspiracy to a T: "Dirty deeds done dirt cheap" a few bucks here for a painting, a few dollars there for a quick CGI-cartoon, and the deed/deception is done.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
.. and This, .. my fellow Flat Earthers is the proof for gravity.
I never said it was proof.
No such thing has ever been shown, other than tricks like:
How is it a trick? We've been through this before - merely claiming something is fake doesn't mean you get to automatically dismiss it. You have to show how it's faked. Otherwise, you're just using 'It's Fake' as a way to dismiss any evidence you don't like, which makes it rather pointless to discuss anything with you.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
All this cypher'n is bugging my eyes out.

And, in the end, we still don't know what causes it. Also, the FE model needs it to keep us from floating away.. while the globe needs it to hold the water onto a ball, as well as our atmosphere.. and to hold people all over the globe... with their feet solidly on the ground..

It is by no means a proof or disproof of either.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Also, the FE model needs it to keep us from floating away.. while the globe needs it to hold the water onto a ball, as well as our atmosphere..

That reminds me of something - how does the atmosphere work in the 'flat earth model'? Why is there less air the higher you go up? Also, shouldn't there be a vacuum on a flat earth, too? Obviously, there's a point at which there's no air before you get to the dome. That's a vacuum.That's why balloons pop when they get too high. What keeps the atmosphere from getting sucked into it?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
That reminds me of something - how does the atmosphere work in the 'flat earth model'? Why is there less air the higher you go up? Also, shouldn't there be a vacuum on a flat earth, too? Obviously, there's a point at which there's no air before you get to the dome. That's a vacuum.That's why balloons pop when they get too high. What keeps the atmosphere from getting sucked into it?

Magic??

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
YOU can prove that gravity is a force ... by holding an anvil (or reasonable facsimile) out from you, keeping the anvil from descending to the ground.

You can FEEL the FORCE of gravity PULLING the anvil to the ground ... AND YOU must exert a FORCE yourself to hold the anvil up.

Only FORCES counter FORCES ... and you are absolutely exerting a FORCE ... so what you are opposing must ALSO be a FORCE.

Again you just PROVED that this force called Gravity does NOT EXIST! Look:

Yes brother, it takes "force" to keep, or lift something away from its buoyancy rest. Now come on, use your engineering knowledge here, and hold two anvils out with your hands:
In one hand a 10 lb. anvil (bowling ball)
In the other hand a 0.0025 lb. anvil. (feather)

Now ask yourself: Is your globes 'gravity' exerting this 'downward force' on the two anvils?

Now let's do this; lets build two rockets exactly the same size and with the same lift force, or thrust enough to lift the 10lb. anvil off the ground, .. which would be what, .. oh about 44.50 Newtons of thrust (4.45 Newtons lifts 1 lb.)

Now let's put both anvils into the space capsules of each rocket, fasten their seatbelts, then countdown from: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Blast Off!

Which rocket would speed up faster, the one with the 0.0025 lb. feather-anvil, or the one with the 10 lb. bowling ball anvil?

Come on my Jesus buddy, you're an engineer, so which rocket would take off faster?

"Huston, you have a problem!"

See my friend, THAT'S Force. The feather anvil would definitely take off faster, much faster and you know it! But because THERE IS NO FORCE on anything falling down, because as we seen in the Brian Cox/NASA Bowling ball and feather drop experiment, they all "fall at the same rate". Thus this imaginary magical gravity does not exist, neither in the earth, or in any other mass.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes brother, it takes "force" to keep, or lift something away from its buoyancy rest. Now come on, use your engineering knowledge here, and hold two anvils out with your hands:

One more time ... it's not buoyancy.

Gravity works exactly the same in a vacuum ... where there is no medium to facilitate buoyancy.

See my friend, THAT'S Force. The feather anvil would definitely take off faster, much faster and you know it! But because THERE IS NO FORCE on anything falling down, because as we seen in the Brian Cox/NASA Bowling ball and feather drop experiment, they all "fall at the same rate". Thus this imaginary magical gravity does not exist, neither in the earth, or in any other mass.

I would intuit that the rocket with the lighter load would rise faster.

But then again, I would also intuit that heavier objects would fall faster than lighter objects.

But that's not what we observe in a vacuum ... AND that's not how the math works out.

You use a lot of intuition in your arguments.

But what I intuit has to take a backseat to what we actually observe. That's the methodology of Science. We put our intuitions to the test. Sometimes our intuitions are confirmed ... and sometimes not.

And the fact that I must exert a force to keep a weight from dropping to the ground confirms that there is an opposing force pulling objects of mass to the ground. We call the source of that force gravity.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
THERE IS NO FORCE on anything falling down, because as we seen in the Brian Cox/NASA Bowling ball and feather drop experiment, they all "fall at the same rate". Thus this imaginary magical gravity does not exist, neither in the earth, or in any other mass.

That really makes no sense at all.

Once again, F = G m1 m2 / d^2 and a = F / m2 implies that acceleration, in the absence of an atmosphere, is independent of the mass of the falling object.

Huston, you have a problem!

Did you mean Houston, perhaps?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The rocket with the lighter payload will accelerate faster because it has a smaller mass and hence less inertia --- Newton's first and second laws of motion.

And also because the net upwards force on the rocket is thrust minus (gravitational force + drag force).

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
And also because the net upwards force on the rocket is thrust minus (gravitational force + drag force).

I get extremely frustrated with people who do not even understand what it is they are attacking. They have just enough understanding of physics to thoroughly confuse themselves and completely baffle others who are equally ignorant.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get extremely frustrated with people who do not even understand what it is they are attacking. They have just enough understanding of physics to thoroughly confuse themselves and completely baffle others who are equally ignorant.

Agreed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
One more time ... it's not buoyancy.

Gravity works exactly the same in a vacuum ... where there is no medium to facilitate buoyancy.

Gravity only works in your imaginary space, keeping the pagan gods like Venus, Jupiter, Mars in orbit around Helios.

I would intuit that the rocket with the lighter load would rise faster.

But then again, I would also intuit that heavier objects would fall faster than lighter objects.

But that's not what we observe in a vacuum ... AND that's not how the math works out.

You use a lot of intuition in your arguments.

Yes, IF there was a "force" pulling them down, the heavier objects WOULD move faster, but as you can see, there is no "force" on mass when dropped from a height. We been through this a million times.

What we have is Gods order, His laws, "Not The Laws of the Jungle" as to how things are made, and where they should be. Physical heavier objects belong on the earth, and lighter towards Heaven. Take them out of their place, and they fall back to where they belong, unless there is something keeping it from getting there.

Earth "down", .. Heaven "up", these are ordained by God, Not by German Sci-Fientists at NASA and CERN.
The math works on many other con-games too; like "we're missing 5 trillion dollars!"
NASA.gov "No we're not, look at the numbers again!", it's all to benefit the rich Rulers of this world.

But what I intuit has to take a backseat to what we actually observe. That's the methodology of Science. We put our intuitions to the test. Sometimes our intuitions are confirmed ... and sometimes not.

When I first seen the Brian Cox/NASA experiment on gravity, my 'intuition' told me something is very wrong if NASA expected them to fall at the same rate! How in the world does this prove gravity?: "How can a feather and a bowling ball fall to the ground at the same rate if the force of gravity is pulling on them?"
Now I gave you the absolute proof that there is No force, aka G-force in mass, and it's because of MATH.
To check your multiplication, you divide! To check your addition, you subtract, etc. To check for force going down, you create force going up, and one "scientific" experiment should verify the other!

And as you can see, there is no "force" going down. Nothing is "pulling" the mass, but are free falling at the exact same rate. Even something like the feather will fall the same way and rate as a 16,000 lb. elephant, because?
Because there is nothing pulling on them.
Thank you,

PS.. now don't let everyone "like" at the same time.

And the fact that I must exert a force to keep a weight from dropping to the ground confirms that there is an opposing force pulling objects of mass to the ground. We call the source of that force gravity.

No, YOU call it gravity to keep the universe that you're prophets created alive. I call it "weight", and "falling", just as NASA does. "Things fall to earth at 9.807 m/s^2" Only to keep our Creator God out of the picture, they call this "gravity".
And as you can see in the opposite direction that different weights, or different sizes of mass need different amount of force to lift it. The "same amount of force" that can lift a feather will not lift a bowling ball, or an elephant. Thus this magical force you call gravity, does not exists in mass, and if you wish to call falling gravity, hey, go for it. Just don't teach it to our children who live on Gods Flat Earth!

This ends my debate on this subject in this O.P.
I won't even bother to respond to your Glober buddies, who are patting your back, silently saying: "It's OK 'A Thinker', don't let what Arius says discourage you from dreaming of space, and space exploration, and looking at CGI pictures of planets, and enjoying the cool experiments the Astronauts are doing in the vacuum of space; like them back flips and squirting water at each other, .. we're still behind you! Just keep denying as you have. And yeah, use the 'numbers-con, they all hate them numbers because it's what holds our BB-Universe together, right? And make sure you stick with C for light-seed, and G for gravity, they can't debunk that.
Remember Thinker, the speed of C is C, and the force of G is G, .. no matter what the FE's do, they can't touch that."

Have fun remaining constant guys, .. but me, I got to move.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth. .. and NOT the Christian Priest George Lemaitre.

But before God created the Heaven and the earth and everything and everyone in them, God created His son Word. So since Infinite and Eternal God has no beginning nor end, Gods son IS both the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and Omega as we read here in:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

So as you can see both in science, and in Gods Word that it was God through His son Word who created the Heaven and the earth, and later created the stars, the sun and the moon and put them in the second heaven, .. and Not George Lemaitre.
God also created man in His image, Adam in Gods image, and Eve in his son Word's image,
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

.. and Not Darwin, who made man after the image of animals, specifically apes.
Also, all things are held together by Gods Word, who became flesh and was named Jesus the Christ, .. and not held together by this none-existent, magical gravity.

A Warning - to those who would make God out to be an animal, an ape which is what this Evolution story makes Him out to be, and for those who take away Gods creation, and through deception and false doctrines create their own universe from nothing!

Revelations 22:18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just don't teach it to our children who live on Gods Flat Earth!

Belief in a Flat Earth has nothing to do with belief in God. There are believers and non-believers on both sides of the question.

Flat-earth belief is nothing more than a latter-day self-delusion ...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Belief in a Flat Earth has nothing to do with belief in God. There are believers and non-believers on both sides of the question.

James 19:19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

Flat-earth belief is nothing more than a latter-day self-delusion ...

I think you mean 7th Day Adventists, the Latter Day people believe Joseph Smith is populating the planet Kolob. For such delusion they need both globe planets, and gravity.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

James 19:19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

There are followers and servants of Christ ... on both sides of the issue.

There are, actually, many more Christ followers who believe in a globe earth ... than there are who believe in a flat earth, though, ultimately, that matters little.

One's beliefs about the nature of the physical world, ... have little to do with one's commitment to Christ. Similar to how a paucity of knowledge about aerospace machining ... does not deter one from enjoying the luxury of air travel. We are blessed in that way.

The main things ... are the main things, after all.

And love for God ... and for one's fellowman, through faith in Jesus ... are the main things for the called of God.

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
There are followers and servants of Christ ... on both sides of the issue.

The question here is, are they really true followers of Christ, .. or do they, on both sides; Glober's and Flat Earthers fall into Christ's response on the Last Day: "Verily I say unto you, I have never known you, so get away from me, ..!" ??

The best Flat Earther that I have heard out there by far is Eric Dubay, who was asked on a Radio show as to why does it matter to us if the world was flat, or a Globe?
He said: "Because the Globe does not require a Creator God, but the FE does, and is Biblical." .. and he is into Hinduism, crossdressing, and other cult activities pretty seriously.

There are, actually, many more Christ followers who believe in a globe earth ... than there are who believe in a flat earth, though, ultimately, that matters little.

Very true, for Christians it matters little one way, or the other, .. but shouldn't that tell us something?
And remember that it was a Christian Priest, .. a real Christian, not someone protesting Christianity was the one who came up with the Big-Bang story;
It is a story of how this imaginary universe with all the pagan gods like Jupiter, Saturn, Helios and Venus was squeezed down to a quantum speck (by gravity I assume), and as it kept getting squeezed, it got denser and hotter, something like 3.5432 gazillion degrees F, until it couldn't take the pressure anymore and exploded with a Big Bang! Then, just as it reached an infinite size, magical gravity that can get its strength when it's the weakest, grabbed a hold of this expanding universe, and slowed it down.
Matter of fact, the Cosmologists, scientists, engineers and technology experts suggest that in just a few more billion years their universe will start to contract, and this catastrophe will cause the next Big-Crunch, killing God again because there will be no human animals, aka human apes left to worship this God who created them in his image.

This is actually explained in more detail in the book : The Neverending Story From award-winning German author Michael Ende. The Neverending Story is a classic tale about the "nothing", or Big Crunch that the wolf servant will help bring about the "nothing" again, that same 'nothing' that this Globe Earth, and the other planets popped out of!

One's beliefs about the nature of the physical world, ... have little to do with one's commitment to Christ. Similar to how a paucity of knowledge about aerospace machining ... does not deter one from enjoying the luxury of air travel. We are blessed in that way.

I don't think anyone would like to be removed from their creation, like Henry Ford from his Ford Motor company!?
I mean what would the Bible (Gods Word) be without Genesis 1- and John 1- and all the other writings in there, how would it be with "gravity" as the Creator?
It Matters because from what I read of Gods Word, we cannot serve two Creators!

The main things ... are the main things, after all.

Yes, and our "main thing" should be seeking the One True Creator of Heaven and earth, since Satan has created many-gods for us to choose from like Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Helios and as the famous cosmologist Carl Sagan said: "Millions and billions" of others like them.

And love for God ... and for one's fellowman, through faith in Jesus ... are the main things for the called of God.

As I asked Eric Dubay after I joined his FE Forum; "which God/Creator are we talking about?"
It sure wasn't the Creator God I suggested because he banned me from his Forum.

As you can see; narrow is the path for true Flat Earthers, and few that find it. I have found "the Way, the Truth and the Life" who is the co-creator of both Heaven and earth, and as the Lord shown it to you, through me, that it's Not Gravity.

God bless us all with wisdom that comes from above, not the wisdom that comes from the world, and those who love the Globe-world.

1 John 2:14 I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one. 15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not from the Father but from the world.…

The Big-banged expanding universe full of globes named after pagan gods is Not from the Father, I pray you see that my fellow Aerospace friend!

Upvote 0