• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

There is hope for all of you

Newsgurl

Always here to help
Apr 8, 2017
United States
✟23,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Let me share my story of dealing with mental health issues, self harm and suicide. I started self harming when I was 13 and I didn’t know this would become a 14 year addiction. Anytime I felt down I would self harm it didn’t matter what I used I just needed to get the pain out of me. I strayed away from God for years until I was put in a mental hospital 4 different times over my years growing up and the thing I just noticed I was missing in life was God. I can’t have complete control of my life and make whatever decisions I wanted to I needed someone to guide me and help me out through my troubled times. I am now 27 and have found God again and I’m letting him take control of my life b/c nobody can do it alone. I may not be totally cured from mental health but I’ve got my best friend by my side to help me through the tough times. God.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Let me share my story of dealing with mental health issues, self harm and suicide. I started self harming when I was 13 and I didn’t know this would become a 14 year addiction. Anytime I felt down I would self harm it didn’t matter what I used I just needed to get the pain out of me. I strayed away from God for years until I was put in a mental hospital 4 different times over my years growing up and the thing I just noticed I was missing in life was God. I can’t have complete control of my life and make whatever decisions I wanted to I needed someone to guide me and help me out through my troubled times. I am now 27 and have found God again and I’m letting him take control of my life b/c nobody can do it alone. I may not be totally cured from mental health but I’ve got my best friend by my side to help me through the tough times. God.
Bless your heart. Thank you so much for sharing that and may God bless you Newsgirl. I am sure you will help many people facing that same issue :] God bless you my Sister :]

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Amen.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Soooo true He’s our best friend. Be bless Newsgurl.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Beautiful testimony! :) God bless you. Thank you for sharing this.

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I want to share this story with others in my community as well. I know a lot of ppl that r facing addictions and mental health issues in my area and I think my story could help them
I hope it will be an inspiration to them. Go girl.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums