There is A flood Story that is OLDER than both bibles

Morat

Untitled One
Jun 6, 2002
Visit site
✟12,690.00
Faith
Atheist
The Fllod is not a myth, scientific evidence or not. God could have erased all the scientific evidence if He wanted to, because He is God!

Which would make him a deceptive God, trying to trick people into disbelieving his own word, so he can send them to Hell.

Not a nice guy.

Upvote 0

Morat

Untitled One
Jun 6, 2002
Visit site
✟12,690.00
Faith
Atheist
  So you claim God used the physical world to deceive people? That he lied? Covered up evidence?

Admittedly, as I'm not a Christian, I thought the "lieing/deception" thing was someone else's job. I meant, don't you guys have an opposing 'Evil' force named, um..'Satan' or something, that's supposed to be big on the lying and decieving?

I'ld be curious to see you Biblically support a lying God.

Upvote 0

foolsparade

Jul 12, 2002
Pennsyl-tucky
✟2,584.00
Faith
Atheist
Morat: here ya go!

2 Chr. 18:22 "Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets."

Ezek 14:9 And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet

I guess he gets others to lie for him?

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
Sky, do you think that there may not be evidence for a global flood so God wouldn't need to erase it?

Of course God can't sin--simply because of the definition of sin and God. He could act immorally because morals are what humans think up and are different from sin.

--tibac

Upvote 0

FordPrefect

WWADGD
Aug 7, 2002
Visit site
✟788.00
Faith
Atheist
and here I thought that our concept of morality was one of the stronger proofs that a god existed... :) Why do I hear a whooshing sound?

So if God can lie, erase the truth and generally give us the short end of the stick, how can he possible label satan as the Father of Lies? And how can we be held accountable for any deceipt we attempt?

Upvote 0

D. Scarlatti

Jun 3, 2002
Earth
✟2,620.00
Faith
Atheist
I must say I'm very impressed at the great degree of personal knowledge expressed as to the various motivations and personality traits of "god," and opinions of what "god" would or would not do.

Y'all make "god" sound so terribly human, which isn't surprising really, for reasons I will respectfully refrain from enumerating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by FordPrefect
and here I thought that our concept of morality was one of the stronger proofs that a god existed... :) Why do I hear a whooshing sound?

So if God can lie, erase the truth and generally give us the short end of the stick, how can he possible label satan as the Father of Lies? And how can we be held accountable for any deceipt we attempt?

Because we are human, and He is GOD! God can do whatever He wants and it will be in perfect Justice and Truth, even if it is sinful for people to do.

Upvote 0

Hank

has the Right to be wrong
May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Not sure if I understand that correctly. God could do anything He wants, but then so could I . If God is say immoral’ He can not expect me to moral because then I would become the opposite of him and this may not sit well. God and I have to be somewhat compatible.
Therefore if the Bible shows contradiction of God, why does God have to be as that Bible says? I say the day God becomes unreliable is the day we are in big trouble. Thus I rather flush the Bible then use the Bible to show that God can do what ever He wants.

Upvote 0

Hank

May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally posted by Sky
The Bible is the Word of God, God's message to us.

Hank, are you a Christian?

Well, I am not too sure if the Bible actually is God's word. I have a very very hard time accepting it.

No. I may join the jewish faith, but until then I simply say that I think there is a God; or I am a theist/agnostic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank

May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally posted by Sky
The Bible is God's Word. You can't just become Jewish, you have to be born Jewish.

I wrote "I may join the Jewish faith", not changing my citizenship. Even there Israel would welcome me with open arms. Unlike Evangelists, one does not have to be 'reborn' as a Jew to accept the Jewish God. You simply follow His laws, and that is currently a hot debate with  the rabies. Still they rather do that then just to accept me as a blind follower

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"let me guess you are one of the people that believe that there BIBLE is the only thing that is real and everything it says is true, lol get real if you died tomorrow or if i did we wouldn't goto HEAVEN OR HELL. and DON't say there is cause its in the Bible, There was 1000's of gods what makes your any different nothing its just christinans don't want to think that when there family member dies that, thats the last time they will see them, I could say that the GOd or the SOn RA is real, but you wouldn't believe me cause the GOD Ra doesn't have a heaven where all the dead people that are saved goto, lol so funny that people still believe that. LIKE I SAID EARLIER IF THERE WAS NO BIBLE BUT THERE WAS A BOOK THAT SAYS THAT THE EASTER BUNNY IS REAL, BUT YOU NEVER SEEN THE EASTER BUNNY, NOR ANYONE ELSE WOULD YOU BELIEVE THE BOOK, noooooooo YOU WOULDN'T. so why should i or anyone else believe in the god in the BOOK CALLED BIBLE. btw i am not saying i believe in a god called RA i don't believe in any god."

Drom 1. you don't make any sence in your post here
2. I don't see how my views on biblical text has anything to do with this discussion in the context of your reply.
3. your reply sounds quite juvillile in the fact you start out with

"so you're one of those people" and continue on with "don't tell me.." implying without discussion nor evidience that someone my view is wrong before you even 1. know it or 2. discuss it

Shows me that you're lacking some critical thinking in this area, please stay on topic and don't just go off on a personal attack thanks.

Upvote 0

Morat

Untitled One
Jun 6, 2002
Visit site
✟12,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Morat: here ya go!

2 Chr. 18:22 "Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets."

Ezek 14:9 And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet

I guess he gets others to lie for him?

Then the Bible would be the lie (the Genesis flood), as that was written by men. The Earth, as God's direct creation, would have to be the truth.

Because we are human, and He is GOD! God can do whatever He wants and it will be in perfect Justice and Truth, even if it is sinful for people to do.

So much for objective morality. :)

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Hank
I wrote "I may join the Jewish faith", not changing my citizenship. Even there Israel would welcome me with open arms. Unlike Evangelists, one does not have to be 'reborn' as a Jew to accept the Jewish God. You simply follow His laws, and that is currently a hot debate with  the rabies. Still they rather do that then just to accept me as a blind follower

The Christian God and the Jewish God are one of the same.

Upvote 0