Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The other day while waiting in the van for my wife to get done shopping I spotted a fella smoking a billiard style pipe. I asked politely if he knew where and when the local pipe club held their meetings and created a new friend in the process. They meet once a month and just missed Augusts meeting so I'll visit with them in September and get back to this thread about it.

Gord, what style of pipe do you like?

The cob is perfect for a quick smoke and the Royalton that twain sent me inspires me to pick up a bulldog.

Upvote 0

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,716.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nice find with the pipe club. I will have to look into one here.

I have 2 pipes now that I smoke out of. The MM corncob and a few weeks ago I bought a Medico Conqueror. Its a smaller pipe but smokes real nice. I smoke them about 50/50. The Medico seems to smoke smoother but the corncob is a great smoke too.

medico-conqueror1y.jpg
<---- similar to my Medico Conqueror.

Upvote 0
C

crimsonleaf

I'm intrigued to find this post here, and it brought a smile to my face.

I belong to a couple of pipe forums. One of them is tampandpuff dot com, where I'm a moderator, and which has a clear majority of Christians on it, but includes some... er... robust language, and of more interest perhaps is christianpipesmokers dot net, which I've just joined.

Forgive the cack-handed way I've presented these, but I have fewer than 50 posts and can't post links.

Pipe smoking has much to recommend it, particularly for those amateur philosophers amongst us who like to sit and ponder. For those who may object on health grounds, rest assured that a pipe smoker doesn't inhale the smoke, just enjoys the taste and smell of well over 4,000 different available blends. It's reported that pipe smokers live longer than non-smokers -- perhaps we just couldn't be bothered to die...

Puff in peace gentlemen (and ladies?).

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,357.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've read that pipe smokers live 3 years longer? It's interesting to note how smoking stats are gathered, if a person dies of a heart attack, stroke, etc. and they were smokers, the doctor can give "smoking" as the cause of death. No link needs to be given, let alone proven...

I'm not some nut who denies the link between carcinogens and cancer, but I think we need to take another look at how the information is gathered so we can make better decisions concerning the hobby of pipe or cigar smoking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

bbbbbbb

Like it or not, lip cancer is not a pretty sight nor are any of the other cancers which result from the usage of tobacco products. My grandfather, a cigarette-smoking Presbyterian died at the age of 65 as a result of his smoking. I was one year old at the time and have been saddened that I was never able to get to know him.

Folks, wake up! Tobacco kills!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,357.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Repeat number 3!

I'm sorry for your loss bx7. I've never had to deal with a death in the family from cancer, it's not in our genes, we tend to suffer from bad tickers.

Originally Posted by bbbbbbb
Folks, wake up! Tobacco kills!
Yes, it does. So do plane crashes, car accidents, etc. Genetics are also considered a factor in how long we live but we should not focus on our death (Gen. 27.2) or how God has ordained it to happen (Heb. 9.27).

Upvote 0