Theological Questions for Day-Age Creationists

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Holy men wrote the scriptures, they were intended for spiritual instruction not accurate history.

The only thing "holy" about men is if the Holy Spirit is inside them. God, the Holy Spirit "moves" them to write the words He authored. 2Pe 1:21 The only people who can understand are Christians in the last days before Jesus returns. Dan 12:4

• Agree
Reactions: omega2xx
Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Turlthhugger:

I post this in response to Omega2xx. I think this will be a big help to you when you read it and think on it a little.

Andy Centek

Omega2xx :

You ask me if I can explain to a cave man what day and evening is. Cave man, I will try.

Gen_1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

This statement in Genesis 1:5 hold the key to those who dig deep into the Bible scriptures. You cannot get answers by simply read A VERSE and assuming your answer is correct.

I now begin to explain what I meant.

Gen_1:5 And God called the light Day

Joh_8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them saying
I am the light of the world
He that follows Me shall not walk in darkness
But shall have the light of lif

John 9:4-5 I must work the works of Him that sent Me
While it is day
The night comes when no man can work (spiritually)

As long as I am in the world
I am the light of the world

John 12:44-50 Jesus cried and said
He that believes on Me
Believes not on Me
But on Him that sent Me

And he that sees Me
Sees Him that sent Me

I am come a light into the world
That whosoever believes on Me should not abide in darkness

And if any man hear my words
And believe not
I judge Him not
For I came not to judge the world
But to save the world

He that rejects Me
And receives not My words
Has One that judges him

The word that I have spoken
The same shall judge him in the last day

For I have not spoken of Myself
But the Father which sent Me
He gave Me a commandment
What I should say and what I should speak

And I know that His commandment is life everlasting
Whatsoever I speak therefore
Even as the Father said unto Me so I speak

Rom_13:12 The night is far spent
The day is at hand
Let us therefore cast off the works of darkness
And let us put on the armor of light

1Co_4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come
Who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness
And will make manifest the counsels of the hearts
And then shall every man have praise of God

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not
Least the light of the glorious gospel of Christ
Who is the image of God should shine unto them

2Co_4:6 For God
Who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Eph_5:8 For you were sometimes darkness, but now are you light in the Lord walk as children of light

The big problem comes from people always desiring to read the Bible scriptures like an ordinary book. Scriptures do not read that way as a rule. Often times one must focus on the subject and the search that subject; such as I did above.

Gen 1:3-4 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

I hope this helps you our of your cave into His glorious light of knowledge. Also any others that may read this.

I give thanks to My Lord and My God for His Holy Spirit's guidance.

Andy Centek
Id d not ask you to explain anything. Everything you just posted I have known for many years. Thanks for trying, maybe it will help some who need help.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The only thing "holy" about men is if the Holy Spirit is inside them. God, the Holy Spirit "moves" them to write the words He authored. 2Pe 1:21 The only people who can understand are Christians in the last days before Jesus returns. Dan 12:4
The doctrine of the inspiration of the scripture by Holy men via the Holy Spirit is false prophesy. I realize that the Bible books are human, plagued with errors, contradictions and misrepresentations of the doings of God. We should have expected as much. Such a discovery is validating of faith in the Father and not man.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm currently ambiguous on how the interpretation of Gen. 1 ought to be interpreted. My church leans more towards young earth creationism, but I am having trouble believing certain aspects of it as I also do with Old Earth Creationism.
I'm looking for theological answers not so much scientific ones. This isn't hostile at all, I just want to understand you guys better.
I just wanted to ask some of my most heavy questions:

1. I understand with the day age theory, each "day" supposedly represents an age, and that the word "yom" has multiple meanings. My trouble comes when it says "there was evening and there was the morning: the first day/day one." It seems like the author is defining the word yom as some sort of daylight cycle. How would a day age theorist handle this?

2. Death before sin, and probably disease before sin. How can it be that misery could have existed before Adam and Eve sinned?

3. What do you believe about the Flood? Do you believe it was a universal Flood? Or do you believe it was a local Flood, and how can you justify it Scripturally?

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Blessings TurleHuger:

Your problem with Genesis 1:1 is a good one that requires VERY DEEP STUDY to see the answer. I am currently working on a book that will cover Genesis from Verse 1 to the flood.

What you have to do to understand Genesis 1:1 is to be aware of figures of speech used in the Bible scriptures. E.W. Bullinger has a VERY large volume on them. I will present here enough to get you on the right track.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created = Elohim, The Creator created.

The heaven and the earth

It does not say Earth, the proper noun, it is earth, a land, an area on the Earth, a particular area, etc. If you do not have the Esword Electronic Bible, I highly suggest to get it free on the inter-net. However, I donated some money for the brothers extensive work writing the software. That way you can bring up the Strong's concordance and many other tools to help you.

Returning to verse 1:1. There is no beginning or end with God, so by rewriting the verse one can get a different view as follows: At the start of this creating, Elohim created the heavens and the land. Again, heavens is a figure of speech. Taking a look at the following verse will really help you to understand this better.

John_8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John_9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

John_12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on me should not abide in darkness.

It is very clearly seen that the light is a spiritual light and not the Sun as is often taught. Why would the Sun be of any importance to the spiritual creation of Genesis? Yes, Genesis is about the spiritual creation, not the physical things. It contains enormous amounts of figures of speech.

Consider the clue that is given when Jesus said this: Have you not read that in the beginning God made them male and female? This shows that the writing were for the Ones who were to become Israel, the Hebrews. In the seed line given in Jesus as being the son of Adam; thus, the son of Man. I do not desire to enter into the deep things here. I will only give you clues as to how to read the scriptures in English.

Hence: At the start of this creating, Elohim created the heavens and the land. Have you read about the seed line of the Moses being as the stars?

Rewriting verse 1 we have the following: At the onset of creating this creation, Elohim created the heavens and the land. Remember the kingdom of heaven? God said; Let there be light and there was light. Here is the One who is to become Jesus Christ given as a figure of speech.

Joh_8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Joh_9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

John_12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on Me should not abide in darkness.

Mat_4:16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

Mat_6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you be darkness, how great is that darkness!

To completely understand all of the firs 6 chapters of Genesis is a MAJOR WORK!

I hope this gets you started on the correct path and not the normal path of darkness in the woods.

Andy Centek

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/theological-questions-for-day-age-creationists.8002924/:L

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm currently ambiguous on how the interpretation of Gen. 1 ought to be interpreted. My church leans more towards young earth creationism, but I am having trouble believing certain aspects of it as I also do with Old Earth Creationism.
I'm looking for theological answers not so much scientific ones. This isn't hostile at all, I just want to understand you guys better.

1. I understand with the day age theory, each "day" supposedly represents an age, and that the word "yom" has multiple meanings. My trouble comes when it says "there was evening and there was the morning: the first day/day one." It seems like the author is defining the word yom as some sort of daylight cycle. How would a day age theorist handle this?

2. Death before sin, and probably disease before sin. How can it be that misery could have existed before Adam and Eve sinned?

3. What do you believe about the Flood? Do you believe it was a universal Flood? Or do you believe it was a local Flood, and how can you justify it Scripturally?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The doctrine of the inspiration of the scripture by Holy men via the Holy Spirit is false prophesy.

Since when? In order to find agreement with you, one must ignore this verse:

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit moved the men from inside them. Give us your definition of "moved". I promise not to laugh.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Since when? In order to find agreement with you, one must ignore this verse:

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit moved the men from inside them. Give us your definition of "moved". I promise not to laugh.
It is because faith in the unseen, Infinite God is difficult for finite man, he is tempted to make fetishes and idols out of what he can see. Holy men establish their controlling authority over others by claiming that what their ancestors wrote was directly from God. Evolved religion served a purpose, it makes way for revealed religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Nothing toached by human hands is perfect. The Israelites converted secular history into a miraculous fiction when they wrote, or rewrote the Old Testament while in Babylon.

Talk is cheap. Where is your evidence?

No man is responsible for even 1 word in the Bible---All Scripture is inspired by God.

• Agree
Reactions: Aman777
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

No man is responsible for even 1 word in the Bible---All Scripture is inspired by God.
Your reply is evidence enough to validate what I said. The Bible can be a kind of Golden Calf. The doctrine of the infallibility of scripture and the men who wrote them is a false teaching. It keeps religion from growing.

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Your reply is evidence enough to validate what I said. The Bible can be a kind of Golden Calf. The doctrine of the infallibility of scripture and the men who wrote them is a false teaching. It keeps religion from growing.

Talk is cheap, where is your evidence?

You have your theology backwards. Infallibility is what keeps Christianity growing. It is what give us confidence in our relationship to God.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Talk is cheap, where is your evidence?

You have your theology backwards. Infallibility is what keeps Christianity growing. It is what give us confidence in our relationship to God.
Its God that is infallible not the men of the church. I have confidence in the Father as Jesus did. Jesus picked true parts of the scripture and left the rest.

One can research the errors in the Bible as well as the dates the books were actually written or rewritten.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

OMEGA2xx:

Consider the Rome, the hidden giant, put into the Bible what they desired to.
Andy Centek

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

3. What do you believe about the Flood? Do you believe it was a universal Flood? Or do you believe it was a local Flood, and how can you justify it Scripturally?[/QU

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its God that is infallible not the men of the church. I have confidence in the Father as Jesus did. Jesus picked true parts of the scripture and left the rest.

One can research the errors in the Bible as well as the dates the books were actually written or rewritten.
TURTLE Hugger:

You had ask me what I think the meaning of -The Spirit moved - meant in Genesis 1. It means that God's power, The Spirit of God, acted upon what God desired to come to be.
The Spirit stills acts today.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
It is because faith in the unseen, Infinite God is difficult for finite man, he is tempted to make fetishes and idols out of what he can see. Holy men establish their controlling authority over others by claiming that what their ancestors wrote was directly from God. Evolved religion served a purpose, it makes way for revealed religion.

Only to modernists who cannot understand Scripture. IF you could understand God's Holy Word, you would see that it agrees with Science and History in every way. Those who have not been born Spiritually see Scripture as "foolishness".

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Agree
Reactions: omega2xx
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Only to modernists who cannot understand Scripture. IF you could understand God's Holy Word, you would see that it agrees with Science and History in every way. Those who have not been born Spiritually see Scripture as "foolishness".

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
I was spirit born 33 years ago. I can see the spiritual truths and human errors. I don’t worship the Bible as an idol.

We’ve exchanged post before, you force things into the Bible books that aren’t there in order to try to fix the errors. What you call discernment is actually a creative imagination.

Upvote 0