Theological Questions for Day-Age Creationists

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I'm currently ambiguous on how the interpretation of Gen. 1 ought to be interpreted. My church leans more towards young earth creationism, but I am having trouble believing certain aspects of it as I also do with Old Earth Creationism.
I'm looking for theological answers not so much scientific ones. This isn't hostile at all, I just want to understand you guys better.
I just wanted to ask some of my most heavy questions:

1. I understand with the day age theory, each "day" supposedly represents an age, and that the word "yom" has multiple meanings. My trouble comes when it says "there was evening and there was the morning: the first day/day one." It seems like the author is defining the word yom as some sort of daylight cycle. How would a day age theorist handle this?

Each of God's Days/Ages is some 4.5 billion years, in man's time. First there was evening and then morning. Gen 1:5 This is true for 6 of God's Days, but NOT true for the 7th Day, which has NO evening and NO morning. ONLY one thing fits this description and it's ETERNITY. We live today on the 6th Creative Day since God is STILL creating Adam (Heb-mankind) in His Image, which is Spiritually, in Christ. Gen 1:27 The prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 happens AFTER Jesus returns. God has but Seven Days and the seventh lasts forever.

*** 2. Death before sin, and probably disease before sin. How can it be that misery could have existed before Adam and Eve sinned?

Darkness/Death was upon everything God created or brought into the physical world APART from Himself. Heaven, Earth, and Water were contaminated with death from the beginning. Gen 1:2 The only way to live forever is to become a part of God, Spiritually. This is because ONLY God is immortal. 1Ti 1:17

*** 3. What do you believe about the Flood? Do you believe it was a universal Flood? Or do you believe it was a local Flood, and how can you justify it Scripturally?

Noah's flood happened some 11k years ago when Adam's firmament sank in Lake Van, Turkey, upon the mountains of Ararat. As the solid firmament sank, it released the 450 ft Ark into our world. History agrees. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE

The flood totally destroyed Adam's small Earth which was surrounded by water. When the windows on high were opened the firmament sank and its STILL in the bottom of the Lake. It's evidence of life from BEFORE the big bang of our cosmos. Amen?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Noah's flood happened some 11k years ago when Adam's firmament sank in Lake Van, Turkey, upon the mountains of Ararat. As the solid firmament sank, it released the 450 ft Ark into our world. History agrees

We cannot re-create past events except in our imagination.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
We really don't know much about past events.
We can't re-create them and watch again.

No, but we can read and believe what God told us in Genesis. He tells us that He made Adam on the 3rd Day, before the plants, herbs and rain. Gen 2:4-7 He also tells us that God the Trinity created A&E in His Image, which is Spiritually in Christ, on the present 6th Day. Gen 1:27 and Gen 5:1-2 Amen?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
We cannot re-create past events except in our imagination.

Sure we can. All that's necessary is for someone to find Adam's solid metallic firmament in the bottom of Lake Van, Turkey. It's worth much more than it's weight in Gold and it's miles in diameter. I can hardly wait to walk inside an object which was made BEFORE the big bang of our Cosmos. Amen?

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I still think it's important to consider that the earth and the universe could be billions of years old while life was created 6,000 to 8,000 years ago.

Not if the bones are within those million year old rocks.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not if the bones are within those million year old rocks.
Just because the minerals that fossilized these remnants are very old, doesn't mean the creature lived millions of years ago

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just because the minerals that fossilized these remnants are very old, doesn't mean the creature lived millions of years ago

If the bone is encased within these million year old rocks, then the bones are of the age of said rocks.

Just as chocolate chips put inside a cookie are at least as old as the cookie. Otherwise they would have nothing to rest inside.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

For example,

http://nmnh.typepad.com/.a/6a01156e4c2c3d970c01a3fcf999e3970b-400wi
6a01156e4c2c3d970c01a3fcf999e3970b-400wi

Seen above is a plant encased within a rock. The plant is on the right, its print on the left. Inside a rock that has been split in half.

The plant is as old as the rock. If the plant were younger, it wouldnt be inside the rock as plants would not grow inside a rock in that way (it cannot get sunlight or water inside a tight shale like that). Plus the plant has been smashed by the gravitational weight of deposited sediment overtop of it. It would not be smashed inside if it came after the formation of the rock.

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Each of God's Days/Ages is some 4.5 billion years, in man's time. First there was evening and then morning. Gen 1:5 This is true for 6 of God's Days, but NOT true for the 7th Day, which has NO evening and NO morning. ONLY one thing fits this description and it's ETERNITY. We live today on the 6th Creative Day since God is STILL creating Adam (Heb-mankind) in His Image, which is Spiritually, in Christ. Gen 1:27 The prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 happens AFTER Jesus returns. God has but Seven Days and the seventh lasts forever.

That's a good catch. Most Christian miss that. A day with not evening and morning speaks of eternity. This is the Sabbath mentioned in Heb 4:9 when our rest will be perfect. Keep in mind that in heaven there will be no night and the 6th day ends in in the morning, when there is light.

*** 2. Death before sin, and probably disease before sin. How can it be that misery could have existed before Adam and Eve sinned?

There is no death or misery mentioned before the fall.

Darkness/Death was upon everything God created or brought into the physical world APART from Himself. Heaven, Earth, and Water were contaminated with death from the beginning. Gen 1:2 The only way to live forever is to become a part of God, Spiritually. This is because ONLY God is immortal. 1Ti 1:17
http://www.blbclassic.org/Bible.cfm?b=1Ti&c=1&t=KJV#17

The darkness of Gen 1:2 is not death, it is ignorance of the Good news(2 Cor 4:6).

*** 3. What do you believe about the Flood? Do you believe it was a universal Flood? Or do you believe it was a local Flood, and how can you justify it Scripturally?

Unless it can be scientifically proven it did not happen, believe what God says.

Noah's flood happened some 11k years ago when Adam's firmament sank in Lake Van, Turkey, upon the mountains of Ararat. As the solid firmament sank, it released the 450 ft Ark into our world. History agrees. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE

The flood totally destroyed Adam's small Earth which was surrounded by water. When the windows on high were opened the firmament sank and its STILL in the bottom of the Lake. It's evidence of life from BEFORE the big bang of our cosmos. Amen?

WE don't know when the flood happened and it is not important. What is importanrt is that God's word says it did happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
That's a good catch. Most Christian miss that. A day with not evening and morning speaks of eternity. This is the Sabbath mentioned in Heb 4:9 when our rest will be perfect. Keep in mind that in heaven there will be no night and the 6th day ends in in the morning, when there is light.

Amen. The first 34 verses of Genesis tell the complete HISTORY of God's Creation including events which are future to today.

The darkness of Gen 1:2 is not death, it is ignorance of the Good news(2 Cor 4:6).

The darkness of Gen 1:2 is before Jesus came into the physical world to defeat it. Jesus is the Light of the first Day. His Gospel will not take place for Billions of years.

WE don't know when the flood happened and it is not important. What is importanrt is that God's word says it did happen.

Amen IF you wish to live by blind faith BUT If you are interested in showing that Genesis one AGREES in every way with every discovery of Science and History, like me, the time for blind faith is over since we live today in the last days of this Earth Dan 12:4 when "increased knowledge" will prove that only God could have possibly authored Scripture. Amen?

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Amen. The first 34 verses of Genesis tell the complete HISTORY of God's Creation including events which are future to today.

The darkness of Gen 1:2 is before Jesus came into the physical world to defeat it. Jesus is the Light of the first Day. His Gospel will not take place for Billions of years.
Although disagree with that , I like the way you think. Since God is Light and He is eternal, IMO the universe has never had physical darkness. Darkness and Light is the most common metaphors in the Bible. Darkness usually symbolizes ignorance. Light symbolizes many thing including knowledge and or understanding., most of the time it refers to spiritual knowledge.

Amen IF you wish to live by blind faith BUT If you are interested in showing that Genesis one AGREES in every way with every discovery of Science and History, like me, the time for blind faith is over since we live today in the last days of this Earth Dan 12:4 when "increased knowledge" will prove that only God could have possibly authored Scripture. Amen?

The doctrines of my denomination(PCA)starts with sola scriptura

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
The doctrines of my denomination(PCA)starts with sola scriptura

I have a friend who is a physicist and a deacon in the PCA USA Church. I also have an old enemy who is the husband of a PCA USA Pastor of a Church in Chicago AND a Theistic Evolutionist.

There is not such denomination as the PCA USA. It is the PCUSA. They are ultra liberal. In fact the PCA broke away for them and formed the PCA. No pastor would be ordained in the PCA if the taught evolution was a fact

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
There is not such denomination as the PCA USA. It is the PCUSA. They are ultra liberal. In fact the PCA broke away for them and formed the PCA. No pastor would be ordained in the PCA if the taught evolution was a fact

Thanks for the information. It explains why the husband of the Pastor in Chicago is a Theistic Evol and one of the nastiest foul mouthed old varmits ever to post online. He also claims to be an Elder in the group. The deacon is a nice guy but also liberal. We get along very well but don't agree about Scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

omega2xx

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks for the information. It explains why the husband of the Pastor in Chicago is a Theistic Evol and one of the nastiest foul mouthed old varmits ever to post online. He also claims to be an Elder in the group. The deacon is a nice guy but also liberal. We get along very well but don't agree about Scripture.

Glad it helped. Glad you get along with the deacon. Glad you don't agree with his theology. 3 glads is good start for any day.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2. Death before sin, and probably disease before sin. How can it be that misery could have existed before Adam and Eve sinned?

Adam was given the Breath of life. No death until after life.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. I understand with the day age theory, each "day" supposedly represents an age, and that the word "yom" has multiple meanings. My trouble comes when it says "there was evening and there was the morning: the first day/day one." It seems like the author is defining the word yom as some sort of daylight cycle. How would a day age theorist handle this?

The Creation account likey was for The Garden....where we were removed from.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What do "evening" and "morning" mean without a sun?

2. Death before sin, and probably disease before sin.

There is no Biblical reason to exclude animal death before Adam.

Upvote 0