Theological Questions for Day-Age Creationists

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
We’ve exchanged post before, you force things into the Bible books that aren’t there in order to try to fix the errors. What you call discernment is actually a creative imagination.

Then WHY haven't you been able to refute me Scripturally? Is it because what I post is also true scientifically and historically? Of course it is. Religion/belief is not a good opponent when compared to God's Truth. Is it?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Then WHY haven't you been able to refute me Scripturally? Is it because what I post is also true scientifically and historically? Of course it is. Religion/belief is not a good opponent when compared to God's Truth. Is it?
When people on this forum provide scripture to you, they get back wild, unscriptural conjecture and speculation. You have an ark appearing out of a vortex as your aviator, who can take that seriously????

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
OMEGA2xx:

Consider the Rome, the hidden giant, put into the Bible what they desired to.
Andy Centek

They did not put it in. They tied to interpret what was in their and they also added what is not in the Bible.

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Its God that is infallible not the men of the church.

Exactly. No man has perfect theology.

I have confidence in the Father as Jesus did. Jesus picked true parts of the scripture and left the rest.

There is no such thing as "church fathers," I assume you are referring to those the Catholic church refers to. They added to the Bible, which man is not allowed to do, and they have a lot of non-Biblical doctrines. Which parts of did Jesus leave? You really don't understand Bile translation.

One can research the errors in the Bible as well as the dates the books were actually written or rewritten.

All of those list are written by non-Christians, who can't understand the Bible(I Cor 2:14). Give me your favorite 2 or 3 and I will try to explain why they are not contradictions.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
When people on this forum provide scripture to you, they get back wild, unscriptural conjecture and speculation. You have an ark appearing out of a vortex as your aviator, who can take that seriously????

I agree that God's Truth is shocking to those who have been studying the ancient beliefs/theology of Hebrews. See if you can explain the following:

1. The first firmament which God called Heaven was made the 2nd Day. Gen 1:8
2. Lord God also made other Heavens on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4

Can you tell us how many firmaments/Heavens were made by the 3rd Day?
Since Adam's firmament/Heaven was totally destroyed in the flood, ll Peter 3:6 where did the Ark go? Aren't you glad God made at least 3 Heavens? God Bless you

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I agree that God's Truth is shocking to those who have been studying the ancient beliefs/theology of Hebrews. See if you can explain the following:

Since Adam's firmament/Heaven was totally destroyed in the flood, ll Peter 3:6 where did the Ark go? Aren't you glad God made at least 3 Heavens? God Bless you
The Genesis creation story was an invention of the Israelite priest class for consumption by the child like minds of the average Bronze Age sheep hearder. They cobbled together preveous works and accounts to create the mess that we have today. It’s a false account of how the earth came into being along with the sun, moon stars and trillions of other planets and galaxies.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. No man has perfect theology.

There is no such thing as "church fathers," I assume you are referring to those the Catholic church refers to. They added to the Bible, which man is not allowed to do, and they have a lot of non-Biblical doctrines. Which parts of did Jesus leave? You really don't understand Bile translation.

All of those list are written by non-Christians, who can't understand the Bible(I Cor 2:14). Give me your favorite 2 or 3 and I will try to explain why they are not contradictions.
I didn’t mention church fathers, you are imagining things. You could start another thread about the Biblical errors, this thread is about the early creation claims.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The Genesis creation story was an invention of the Israelite priest class for consumption by the child like minds of the average Bronze Age sheep hearder. They cobbled together preveous works and accounts to create the mess that we have today. It’s a false account of how the earth came into being along with the sun, moon stars and trillions of other planets and galaxies.

Provably FALSE scientifically and I doubt your ability to hold on to that position. Want to try?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Provably FALSE scientifically and I doubt your ability to hold on to that position. Want to try?
The creators of the creation story didn't know anything about science. The earth is over 4 billion years old. Life evolved from primitive life forms.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The creators of the creation story didn't know anything about science. The earth is over 4 billion years old. Life evolved from primitive life forms.

False Scripturally since God the Holy Spirit is the Author of ALL Scripture. The present Earth is some 4.53 Billion years old. Adam, the common ancestor of all Humans was made before the beginning of our Cosmos 13.8 Billion years ago. Your facts are totally wrong unless you can convince us that you know more than God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
False Scripturally since God the Holy Spirit is the Author of ALL Scripture. The present Earth is some 4.53 Billion years old. Adam, the common ancestor of all Humans was made before the beginning of our Cosmos 13.8 Billion years ago. Your facts are totally wrong unless you can convince us that you know more than God.
That’s not Biblical which is the problem discussing the scriptures with you. You just pretend like the Bible says things that is doesn’t say in order to avoid what it does say that is wrong. A person who is that dishonest is a waste if everyone’s time.

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
I didn’t mention church fathers, you are imagining things. You could start another thread about the Biblical errors, this thread is about the early creation claims.

You used the term "in the fathers." I thought it referred to those the Catholic church calls "church fathers.

"Biblical errors" has been discussed many time, one more will not change minds.

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed

Chapter 2 of Genesis is basically an account, giving some of the details of what happened in chapter 1. Notice 2:4 says when they were created.

Yes I am very Happy God created at least 3 heavens.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Chapter 2 of Genesis is basically an account, giving some of the details of what happened in chapter 1. Notice 2:4 says when they were created.

Yes I am very Happy God created at least 3 heavens.

Actually, from Gen 1:1 to Gen 2:3, we find the complete HISTORY of God's creation, including future events which take place AFTER Jesus returns. Gen 1:28-Gen 2:3 is prophecy. From Gen 2:4 to the end of Revelation, DETAILS are added to the 7 Days/Ages of God's Creation.

Gen 2:4-7 shows that BEFORE the plants, herbs and rain of Day 3, Jesus made Adam of the dust of the ground. Gen 1:27 shows the eternal creation of Adam and Eve by God the Trinity. It happened AFTER Cain killed Abel. Gen 5:1-2 Genesis chapter 1 is the entire History of God's 6 Days/Ages and the first 3 verses of Genesis 2 tell us of a Day with NO end. It's Eternity and God's 7th Day. God Bless you

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Actually, from Gen 1:1 to Gen 2:3, we find the complete HISTORY of God's creation, including future events which take place AFTER Jesus returns. Gen 1:28-Gen 2:3 is prophecy. From Gen 2:4 to the end of Revelation, DETAILS are added to the 7 Days/Ages of God's Creation.

Gen 2:4-7 shows that BEFORE the plants, herbs and rain of Day 3, Jesus made Adam of the dust of the ground. Gen 1:27 shows the eternal creation of Adam and Eve by God the Trinity. It happened AFTER Cain killed Abel. Gen 5:1-2 Genesis chapter 1 is the entire History of God's 6 Days/Ages and the first 3 verses of Genesis 2 tell us of a Day with NO end. It's Eternity and God's 7th Day. God Bless you

I agree with most of what you say and like the way you think. Most people miss that it is not recorded that the Sabbath did not have evening and a morning. The literal Sabbath did have an evening and a morning, but the spiritual Sabbath does not.

Notice that the 6th day ends in the morning, when there is light. I heaven their will be no darkness, no night(Rev 22:5). Indeed the Sabbath speaks of eternity--There remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God(Heb 4:9)

Let me give you something to chew on about when God made Adam.

Gen 1:26 --Let us make man in our image and likeness.
Gen 1:27 - God created man in His own image. Likeness is omitted. "Image" refers to mans invisible attributes--intellect, love, compassion, soul, etc. attributes of God.

Mans visible attributes, arms, legs etc is what God formed, not created, from the dust. I believe image and likeness was both given to Adam on the same day but at different times an of different elements.

I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing ,,but I appeciate yours also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Let me give you something to chew on about when God made Adam.

Gen 1:26 --Let us make man in our image and likeness.
Gen 1:27 - God created man in His own image. Likeness is omitted. "Image" refers to mans invisible attributes--intellect, love, compassion, soul, etc. attributes of God.

Mans visible attributes, arms, legs etc is what God formed, not created, from the dust. I believe image and likeness was both given to Adam on the same day but at different times an of different elements.

Amen, and..

Gen 1:26 refers to the Trinity (us and our) the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Gen 1:27 refers to God's Image, which is Christ. Col 1:15 IOW, God the Trinity "created" Adam/mankind in Christ Spiritually. In fact, He's STILL creating Adam/mankind in Christ, today. To be created in God's Image is to be made alive forevermore, in Christ Spiritually. Amen?

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Amen, and..

Gen 1:26 refers to the Trinity (us and our) the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Agreed.

Gen 1:27 refers to God's Image, which is Christ. Col 1:15 IOW, God the Trinity "created" Adam/mankind in Christ Spiritually. In fact, He's STILL creating Adam/mankind in Christ, today. To be created in God's Image is to be made alive forevermore, in Christ Spiritually. Amen?

God's image is not Christ. God and Christ are the same person. Image refers to God's and our invisible attributes--intellect--logic--compassion--love--etc. Likeness refers to out visible attributes--arms, legs etc.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Agreed.

God's image is not Christ. God and Christ are the same person. Image refers to God's and our invisible attributes--intellect--logic--compassion--love--etc. Likeness refers to out visible attributes--arms, legs etc.

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son: Col 1:14 In Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

When you see Jesus, you've seen the Father Jhn 14:7 If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.

Jesus is the physical incarnation of the invisible Spirit of God:

Col 2:9 For in Him dwelleth ALL the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Jesus is Lord. God is One.

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son: Col 1:14 In Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

When you see Jesus, you've seen the Father Jhn 14:7 If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.

Jesus is the physical incarnation of the invisible Spirit of God:

Col 2:9 For in Him dwelleth ALL the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Jesus is Lord. God is One.

Jesus is teh incarnation of Christ.

Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm currently ambiguous on how the interpretation of Gen. 1 ought to be interpreted. My church leans more towards young earth creationism, but I am having trouble believing certain aspects of it as I also do with Old Earth Creationism.
I'm looking for theological answers not so much scientific ones. This isn't hostile at all, I just want to understand you guys better.
I just wanted to ask some of my most heavy questions:

1. I understand with the day age theory, each "day" supposedly represents an age, and that the word "yom" has multiple meanings. My trouble comes when it says "there was evening and there was the morning: the first day/day one." It seems like the author is defining the word yom as some sort of daylight cycle. How would a day age theorist handle this?

2. Death before sin, and probably disease before sin. How can it be that misery could have existed before Adam and Eve sinned?

3. What do you believe about the Flood? Do you believe it was a universal Flood? Or do you believe it was a local Flood, and how can you justify it Scriptural?

Yom is Yom - a day. I think the day-age theory is just a way of getting out of it. For me, at the moment, Genesis is a framework of creation. The days are a way of structuring the sequence of creation. I suppose that is a way of getting out of it as well.
The six days says that mankind was created on the sixth day. I do not, at the moment believe in a universal flood - the thread on the marsupials is too strong an argument against that.
The flood must have been localized - extensive, but some life survived - that goes against the text, but I cannot resolve it otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0