Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Patently false. You saying it contradicts itself does not make it so.
LOL, I am not saying it, it is right there in black and white! You just won't admit it because it proves you wromg...

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL, YOU asked for them, I provided them and now nothing is good enough LOL...whatever
Are you serious? You listed some names NOT what they said but merely claimed they disagreed with me. That is meaningless. The minimum is Title, author, date, page, chapter.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Are you serious? You listed some names NOT what they said but merely claimed they disagreed with me. That is meaningless. The minimum is Title, author, date, page, chapter.
Yes I am serious! Can't you read? You said there were no Jewish scholars with PhDs...Nehemiah is both. He has a multitude of papers and videos on youtube. I gave you Rabbis and gave you the references and what one said! Go check the sources out yourself! Some are only in Hebrew...

Dr Nehemiah Gordon is one ("Ten Rabbis speak out regarding The Name")....and Rabbi Menachem Tziyoni (14th century commentary on Exodus 3:15 in Hebrew TB Kiddushin 71a)...there, you asked for one and I gave you 2! Both disagree with you...also Rabbi Eliyahu of Vilna (Vilna Gaon) says: "The vowels of The Name are hidden...its vowels are the secret of the Tetragrammaton"

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I am serious! Can't you read? You said there were no Jewish scholars with PhDs...Nehemiah is both. He has a multitude of papers and videos on youtube. I gave you Rabbis and gave you the references and what one said! Go check the sources out yourself! Some are only in Hebrew...

Dr Nehemiah Gordon is one ("Ten Rabbis speak out regarding The Name")....and Rabbi Menachem Tziyoni (14th century commentary on Exodus 3:15 in Hebrew TB Kiddushin 71a)...there, you asked for one and I gave you 2! Both disagree with you...also Rabbi Eliyahu of Vilna (Vilna Gaon) says: "The vowels of The Name are hidden...its vowels are the secret of the Tetragrammaton"
No I did NOT say "there were no Jewish scholars with PhDs." Try actually reading my posts. Where can I read more about, e.g. " Rabbi Eliyahu of Vilna (Vilna Gaon) says: "The vowels of The Name are hidden...its vowels are the secret of the Tetragrammaton?"

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No I did NOT say "there were no Jewish scholars with PhDs."
You said: "If you insist on pursuing this, quote me something published by accredited scholars with some letters after their names. e.g. PhD, ThD, etc." So I posted one. Here is another: The Name of God Hidden and Revealed by Dr. A.L. Garza, PhD

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You said: "If you insist on pursuing this, quote me something published by accredited scholars with some letters after their names. e.g. PhD, ThD, etc." So I posted one.
But you have not quoted anything which refutes anything I posted.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The name that was revealed and known for the longest time, which Yahweh said was to be remembered always, for all generations, was in the form we recognize with the pronunciation as 'Yahweh', though I don't claim it is a significant problem when others pronounce it, or spell it, differently, as we all are remembering Yahweh's name as we should, while others don't.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes I have LOL!
The opinions of 2-3 scholars does not refute anything. If 1-2 gave some historical evidence that might.
But YOU said that is what you wanted and now you discount them LOL! Here, read this... The Name of God Y.eH.oW.aH Which is pronounced as it is Written I_Eh_oU_Ah. Simplified edition
Really? From your link
"Fritz Poppenberg a German filmaker made a DVD from the simplified version of the book."
scroll down to the paper...

This thread has me wondering if more are interested in knowing the correct pronunciton - spelling of YHVH - than knowing His Son?

For whatever reason these posts (and others) remind me of the following. We were waiting for the STOP light to go GREEN. My Christian passenger (he had a boldness) asked the driver in the car next to us (his window was also rolled down) ... " Do you know Jesus? "

The driver immediately answered: "I've never met him" with a humble tone ... was not flipant or scarcastic. No sooner did he answer when the light turned GREEN, but a seed was planted. Sometimes a RED warning sign can quickly go GREEN when our thoughts are about Him.

"And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:2-4)​

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread has me wondering if more are interested in knowing the correct pronunciton - spelling of YHVH - than knowing His Son?

For whatever reason these posts (and others) remind me of the following. We were waiting for the STOP light to go GREEN. My Christian passenger (he had a boldness) asked the driver in the car next to us (his window was also rolled down) ... " Do you know Jesus? "

The driver immediately answered: "I've never met him" with a humble tone ... was not flipant or scarcastic. No sooner did he answer when the light turned GREEN, but a seed was planted. Sometimes a RED warning sign can quickly go GREEN when our thoughts are about Him.

"And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:2-4)​

I do know Jesus, and became a believer long before knowing there was the biblical basis to remember God's name, and learning eventually how to be sure what it is, and I don't make any big deal over whether any say Jesus or they say Yeshua. The most important thing I see to the faith, along with really coming to Jesus Christ, is growing and coming to godliness with separating from sins which Yahweh helps us with.

Upvote 0