-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus promised that the Church would be sanctified and holy. Pastors have preached the same. So, the flock practices their Christian lives in the church, but some are disappointed when the members don't meet expectations. This can challenge one's faith and lead to a belief in evolution. There are status games, politics, and social classes at play. Although the church upholds the value of equality, there's still a small society within it. Competition can create conflicts among the members. Some may get discouraged when the world, at least, does not sugarcoat that many relationships are transactional. I'm not sure if anyone understands me here. Any thoughts?

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul said in Galatians that we are dead but live. Yet not us but Christ lives in us and the life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith OF the Son of God who gave himself for us. To further this He also said that we who have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither male nor female. Jew or gentile. Freeman or bondman we are all one in Christ. In other words there is no "I's" in Christ but there is a lot of "I's" in the church.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul said in Galatians that we are dead but live. Yet not us but Christ lives in us and the life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith OF the Son of God who gave himself for us. To further this He also said that we who have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither male nor female. Jew or gentile. Freeman or bondman we are all one in Christ. In other words there is no "I's" in Christ but there is a lot of "I's" in the church.
So this is the answer to someone who asked why the church is ugly and ready to leave? No wonder no many people want to attend...

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So this is the answer to someone who asked why the church is ugly and ready to leave? No wonder no many people want to attend...
Many are called few want to actually be there

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus promised that the Church would be sanctified and holy. Pastors have preached the same. So, the flock practices their Christian lives in the church, but some are disappointed when the members don't meet expectations. This can challenge one's faith and lead to a belief in evolution. There are status games, politics, and social classes at play. Although the church upholds the value of equality, there's still a small society within it. Competition can create conflicts among the members. Some may get discouraged when the world, at least, does not sugarcoat that many relationships are transactional. I'm not sure if anyone understands me here. Any thoughts?
"His" Church is not of this world. Santification and Holiness is within each individual independent from any and all congregations within walls. Corporate church institutions gather sinners. The Body of Christ gathers sheep and they hear His voice, the voice of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, those who are sealed with His Holy Spirit. We find some in and some out of corporate worship.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"His" Church is not of this world. Santification and Holiness is within each individual independent from any and all congregations within walls. Corporate church institutions gather sinners. The Body of Christ gathers sheep and they hear His voice, the voice of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, those who are sealed with His Holy Spirit. We find some in and some out of corporate worship.
Blessings.
this doesn't fix the corrupted church problem. Why not take review and improve? this kind of reply is where the abuse start

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many are called few want to actually be there
even restaurant improve better than this. Church leadership need to go to the ground more and find out why young people prefer to hangout elsewhere than go to the church.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
even restaurant improve better than this. Church leadership need to go to the ground more and find out why young people prefer to hangout elsewhere than go to the church.
No. Most, especially now prefer the World and the things of it. As was said there are to many I s in the church. The church isn't the church of Christ though there be people who are of Christ in it. And The Church if it was as a whole of Christ doesn't Change because it is and of Christ. The people (young people) change or they are not of Christ.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus promised that the Church would be sanctified and holy. Pastors have preached the same. So, the flock practices their Christian lives in the church, but some are disappointed when the members don't meet expectations.
What do you mean by this? Can you be specific?
This can challenge one's faith and lead to a belief in evolution.
How so?
There are status games, politics, and social classes at play. Although the church upholds the value of equality,
What value of equality does the church uphold?
there's still a small society within it. Competition can create conflicts among the members. Some may get discouraged when the world, at least, does not sugarcoat that many relationships are transactional. I'm not sure if anyone understands me here. Any thoughts?
Meaning?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this doesn't fix the corrupted church problem. Why not take review and improve? this kind of reply is where the abuse start
Can't improve something that is temporary. Better to cultivate genuine Holy Spirit filled Christians who have everlasting life. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are referring to man`s attempt to control the believers and organize them instead of the Holy Spirit bringing them together in small groups. However, despite man`s attempts the Head of His Body is building and maturing His Body unseen throughout the world. He knows who are His and they meet and encourage each other whether they go to a public religious meeting or not.

Rest assured the Lord has done and is doing a wonderful work. It is `people` that others look at, and yes, they can see the hypocrisy of man`s `system,` but can`t deny the walk of a true believer.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are referring to man`s attempt to control the believers and organize them instead of the Holy Spirit bringing them together in small groups. However, despite man`s attempts the Head of His Body is building and maturing His Body unseen throughout the world. He knows who are His and they meet and encourage each other whether they go to a public religious meeting or not.

Rest assured the Lord has done and is doing a wonderful work. It is `people` that others look at, and yes, they can see the hypocrisy of man`s `system,` but can`t deny the walk of a true believer.
let's be practical here, am I just ignore it and pretend I didn't see it? when a real issue arise, pastor always give excuse saying things like' the Lord take care of it', 'it"s satan's work', 'there's a hidden plan why God did this'

that's why the church never grow, coz even the worldly method can response better than that. like starbucks take survey from the public can see where to improve.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. Most, especially now prefer the World and the things of it. As was said there are to many I s in the church. The church isn't the church of Christ though there be people who are of Christ in it. And The Church if it was as a whole of Christ doesn't Change because it is and of Christ. The people (young people) change or they are not of Christ.
this is just a fact, but if this is the attitude for the pastoral office, the church number can just drop from 1000 to just 10. Didn't Jesus say take care of his sheep? are you going to say back to him 'I thought they're the chosen one so I just trust you'?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
let's be practical here, am I just ignore it and pretend I didn't see it? when a real issue arise, pastor always give excuse saying things like' the Lord take care of it', 'it"s satan's work', 'there's a hidden plan why God did this'

that's why the church never grow, coz even the worldly method can response better than that. like starbucks take survey from the public can see where to improve.
Can you see into every heart all over the world? Well then, I wouldn`t be too quick to measure the Lord`s great work of maturing His Body by man`s poor meeting efforts.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you see into every heart all over the world? Well then, I wouldn`t be too quick to measure the Lord`s great work of maturing His Body by man`s poor meeting efforts.
I expect your diligent spirit will ask 'how can we do better?', like better than customer service of any wordly business. Look at the attendance numbers, ask why people are leaving, what did we do wrong or missed out... Jesus ask you take care of his sheep no? He didn't ask you to be content and point out 'oh this is wheat, false believers, we're fine with it'

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I expect your diligent spirit will ask 'how can we do better?', like better than customer service of any wordly business. Look at the attendance numbers, ask why people are leaving, what did we do wrong or missed out... Jesus ask you take care of his sheep no? He didn't ask you to be content and point out 'oh this is wheat, false believers, we're fine with it'
I don`t believe that man`s religious public meetings are THE CHURCH. They are just man`s religious public meetings.

Jesus knows who are His. It is a heart matter, not who attends man`s religious public meetings.

Jesus did NOT say `Go and make religious public meetings. He said `Go make disciples...` That is personal, takes time and effort and much prayer by a person NOT an organisation.

Upvote 0