Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But I was wondering where were you when Trump was calling media “ enemy of the people” ?

Trump lost - he is out of office - time to get over it - he doesn't have to be part of every thread.

This thread is about the current Whitehouse and how they are interacting with Facebook.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everyone seems to mindlessly accept sites like sn*pes and the like as gospel truth because they present themselves as such, yet no one seems interesting in checking out their origins and credibility. Self made and self justifying.

Often, I find Snopes to be accurate in their fact-checking. What I care about is the ability to corroborate the information presented. Data. Figures. Numbers. Multiple sources. If you can provide that, your origins aren't that important to me. Credibility is, and that speaks to the quality of the data and evidence provided. Sometimes Snopes and other fact-checkers have good quality of evidence. Other times? Not so much.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes Snopes and other fact-checkers have good quality of evidence. Other times? Not so much.
Right which makes them as fallible as the rest of us. But no one questions their agenda. They the people just assume and want to believe like any good little consumer in what they are bring sold.

Upvote 0

Paradox.79

Jun 27, 2021
Indianapolis
✟10,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ignorance is telling truth but not the agenda.
I do not understand your comment, ignorance is telling the truth. Okay the truth is Vaccines help...there is unquestionable proof of this...is it 100%...no nothing is, but diseases that crippled the world hundreds in some cases thousands of year are now near extinct. Climate change is real its a part of nature, the problem is mankind is speeding it up. At the speed its going and the ice is melting the coasts of every country and the city on that coast is gonna have serious problems. The ocean water is going to raise several feet that might not sound like alot but any island nation is in serious danger. New York, Miami, L.A. just to name a few. What ignorance is is sticking your head in the sand, its listening to conspiracy theorist who can not prove there claims over educated people cause you do not want to look at the problem and ways to solve it or you do not want to do what's necessary. I really do not care I will be dead.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What ignorance is is sticking your head in the sand, its listening to conspiracy theorist who can not prove there claims over educated people cause you do not want to look at the problem and ways to solve it or you do not want to do what's necessary.

What do you do when various "educated people" disagree? The pandemic is a prime example. The Great Barrington Declaration is representative of over 50,000 doctors, epidemiologists, scientists, nurses, and healthcare providers that disagreed with the lockdown and masking narrative. No one could credibly argue that these people were not "educated" or experts in their field, yet they were marginalized and censored at every turn because what they were saying did not fit the approved narrative. So do we allow the government to determine which of these "educated" people is correct, or should we, as we always have in the past, allow dissenting and heterodox positions to be heard?

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Trump lost - he is out of office - time to get over it - he doesn't have to be part of every thread.

This thread is about the current Whitehouse and how they are interacting with Facebook.

It’s not about Trump, it is about you and other Trump support. I am glad you think Government should not be dictating “Public opinion” or muzzle Free Press because “Free media” is vital for our democracy. Yet, you voted and supported Trump while he was stomping and attacking Free media and calling media “ enemy of the people”.

You created another thread about BLM supporting brutal dictator in Cuba. I am glad you see the light that supporting brutal dictator is wrong, but you had no issue supporting Trump when he was exchanging “ love letter” with N.K. Dictator .

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. Last year, the Surgeon General tweeted "Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!". That is, until they did a 180 and decided masks were amazing! So if you posted that masks were necessary back when the Surgeon General decided that no one needed them, that would be "disinformation". But then, wait! Masks are good, declareth the government, so now you may discuss without interference. Just like the lab-leak theory. We must censor this discussion! It is a conspiracy theory! Do not speak its name! Until, whoops! Lab-leak may be the most plausible explantion for this virus after all. Our bad. Discuss away! And you're OK with this?

Baloney. Facebook's fact checking is nothing more than a kangaroo court. This is an excellent article that explained exactly what happened when Facebook decided to "fact-check" the opinion of Dr. Marty Makary, MD, MPH, a Johns Hopkins professor;

Facebook: A worthy judge of Medical Info? | Medpage Today

I'm not now, and never have been, a Trump supporter. But it's telling (and concerning) that you're more interested in political alliances than you are in government overreach.

Let me see if I understand your post .. US Surgeon General can’t do fact checking because government overreach. I agree with that . “Facebook's fact checking is nothing more than a kangaroo court.” , I do agree with that comment too.

But as I said I find it very shocking today many who voted for Trump thinks WH and government should not bully / muzzle media while last 5 years they were completely silent.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s not about Trump, it is about you and other Trump support. I am glad you think Government should not be dictating “Public opinion” or muzzle Free Press because “Free media” is vital for our democracy. Yet, you voted and supported Trump while he was stomping and attacking Free media and calling media “ enemy of the people”.

You created another thread about BLM supporting brutal dictator in Cuba. I am glad you see the light that supporting brutal dictator is wrong, but you had no issue supporting Trump when he was exchanging “ love letter” with N.K. Dictator .

Sorry you find other opinions (mine in particular) so disturbing and abhorrent. Perhaps if you focused on what we are talking about instead of me personally we could have a more productive exchange of ideas.

If you are not able to see the difference between a President attempting to open lines of communications with a brutal dictator and an organization supporting a brutal dictator, I don't think we can have an exchange of ideas without you stressing out.

• Winner
Reactions: ZagZig
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But as I said I find it very shocking today many who voted for Trump thinks WH and government should not bully / muzzle media while last 5 years they were completely silent.

Why do you keep saying this? I am not a Trump supporter.

This whataboutism is counterproductive to the discussion at hand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry you find other opinions (mine in particular) so disturbing and abhorrent. Perhaps if you focused on what we are talking about instead of me personally we could have a more productive exchange of ideas.

If you are not able to see the difference between a President attempting to open lines of communications with a brutal dictator and an organization supporting a brutal dictator, I don't think we can have an exchange of ideas without you stressing out.

You are right, we can’t have productive exchange of idea when I clearly know that you apply different standard for different people. You find it dangerous when Biden administration attack FB, but you have no problem when Trump call media “ enemy of the people”

You apply different standard again when it comes to brutal dictator. You are ok with Trump go around the world mingling with Brutal dictator, but BLM , oh the sky is falling.

As you can see I don’t think you are sincere with your concern so we can’t have “productive exchange of idea”.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
did you vote for Trump?
What an inappropriate question. Who someone votes for is their own private decision and none of anyone else's business.

But I'll answer anyway and tell you, no, I have never voted for Trump at any level. Duh. That's what "I'm not a Trump supporter" means.

What does that have to do with Government using social media as a tool of propaganda?

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What an inappropriate question. Who someone votes for is their own private decision and none of anyone else's business.

But I'll answer anyway and tell you, no, I have never voted for Trump at any level. Duh. That's what "I'm not a Trump supporter" means.

What does that have to do with Government using social media as a tool of propaganda?

In a political forum asking “ who you voted” is not inappropriate. If I go to office and ask my co-working who he voted, that would be inappropriate.

Thanks for answering your question. I am 100% with you .. Biden administration, Trump administration should not attack media. We need free media . if any government (regardless which party in power) attack media , as a citizen we should fight back.

The reason I keep saying “ trump supporter” because I don’t take them seriously. Past 5 years they cheered when Trump attacked media, now suddenly they care about free media? I don’t buy that at all.

By the way FB is not a media. FB like to say they are “media” and enjoy all the advantage of “media” but when it comes to “follow the media policy and rules” , they hide behind “ we are platform give people to speak their mind, but we are not media”

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In a political forum asking “ who you voted” is not inappropriate. If I go to office and ask my co-working who he voted, that would be inappropriate.
Asking anyone who they voted for is inappropriate at any time in any place. In this political forum, I identify as an independent. In my state, I am a registered independent.

The reason I keep saying “ trump supporter” because I don’t take them seriously. Past 5 years they cheered when Trump attacked media, now suddenly they care about free media? I don’t buy that at all.

I suppose that's your prerogative, but I find that silly. Hypocrisy abounds on both sides of the political aisle. Nothing new or odd about that.

By the way FB is not a media. FB like to say they are “media” and enjoy all the advantage of “media” but when it comes to “follow the media policy and rules” , they hide behind “ we are platform give people to speak their mind, but we are not media”

FB is "media". While people like to downplay the significance of social media, it's clear that FB, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, and others are indeed media platforms where people consume information.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
People talk of free media but FB for example is not free. it is privately owned, not open source, and has it's own political connections. Sometimes those political connections clash as they did between Mr T and FB, but now they are in harmony with US government as both Biden and FB are mutual extensions of the Build Back Better movement of the WEF.

Upvote 0

Woollybear

Jul 8, 2021
Midwest
✟19,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the most amazing and shocking thing about this thread is just how many people actually support the idea of the government intervening and working with social media to censor whatever the government deems "disinformation".
Just everyone else is giving out "what they find most shocking" I will too. So here goes:

What I find most shocking is that Christians are in support of spreading untruths. And also seem to be in support of not wanting untruths spreading to be stop. Even though such untruths are putting people's lives at risk. That is just what I think.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What I find most shocking is that Christians are in support of spreading untruths. And also seem to be in support of not wanting untruths spreading to be stop. Even though such untruths are putting people's lives at risk. That is just what I think.
Consider what has changed since masks were worn and public venues were shut down without complaint a hundred years ago, or that there was no fuss made over the validity and mass vaccination program of the original polio vaccine. Something has destroyed any trust people once had in reality and common sense..

Upvote 0

Woollybear

Jul 8, 2021
Midwest
✟19,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am going to change tactics here. Hasn't this always been the case? I mean you really could not post on FB that you were going to cause harm to another person, say a political leader without having secrets service agents showing up at your door. These are not private conversations people are having with each other on FB. These are things that people are posting publicly for all the world to see. So really there is no need for spying. They are freely showing what they are saying to the whole world.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
These are not private conversations people are having with each other on FB. These are things that people are posting publicly for all the world to see. So really there is no need for spying. They are freely showing what they are saying to the whole world.
And yet some get seriously offended at those who read without requesting friending first, accusing others of spying without permission. Do they not see they advertise their lives on a global billboard?

Upvote 0