United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden administration ‘flagging problematic posts for Facebook,’ Psaki says

The Biden administration is playing an active role in flagging Facebook posts it considers to be “problematic” or “disinformation,” according to White House press secretary Jen Psaki.

During a Thursday press conference, Psaki said White House senior staff were engaging with “social media platforms” to combat the spread of “misinformation specifically on the pandemic.”
IMHO - that is a key element in developing an authoritarian regime - When the executive branch is actively interjecting itself in private corporations that disseminate information to more than 1 billion people worldwide, it is time to not tap the brakes, but slam them to the floor.

The Executive branch of the Government has no role in determining what it "consider to be problematic" this is a gross overreach and power grab.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“In terms of actions we are taking or that we’re working to take, I should say, from the federal government, we’ve increased disinformation research and tracking within the surgeon general’s office. We're flagging problematic posts for Facebook that spread disinformation," she said.
Who gave the government administrative powers over the platform?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
“In terms of actions we are taking or that we’re working to take, I should say, from the federal government, we’ve increased disinformation research and tracking within the surgeon general’s office. We're flagging problematic posts for Facebook that spread disinformation," she said.

The government. Who else? Special interest groups? Anti-government organizations that believe that spreading hate speech and bigotry is desirable?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The government. Who else? Special interest groups? Anti-government organizations that believe that spreading hate speech and bigotry is desirable?

Not the government, specifically the Whitehouse has administrative control on Facebook.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Not the government, specifically the Whitehouse has administrative control on Facebook.
The only people this is a win for is those that desire totalitarianism. It does not matter where you stand on the vax debate, This announcement is going to ensure even more distrust. It helps nothing to promote the vaccination. Therefore it is simply an in your face power grab. Folks it has begun....Those who believe the vax saves lives, can rest assured this will put those that disagree with you in even more danger of Covid. Those who fear the vax as experimental are going to be even more suspicious of the vax.

Upvote 0

Woollybear

Jul 8, 2021
Midwest
✟19,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

From my understanding of this. Is that the Surgeon General is making recommendation to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to address vaccine and coronavirus misinformation. It seems it is up to Facebook, Twitter ect ect to put these things into place. So the government nor is the Whitehouse taking control over over Facebook post.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Biden administration is playing an active role in flagging Facebook posts it
Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who dug into the servers of facebo*k in it's origins. Of course there will be influence on a platform designed to collect information and also act as a propaganda tool for Corporatism.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From my understanding of this. Is that the Surgeon General is making recommendation to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to address vaccine and coronavirus misinformation. It seems it is up to Facebook, Twitter ect ect to put these things into place. So the government nor is the Whitehouse taking control over over Facebook post.

We're flagging problematic posts for Facebook

Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who dug into the servers of facebo*k in it's origins. Of course there will be influence on a platform designed to collect information and also act as a propaganda tool for Corporatism.

Why did you feel the need to use an alternative spelling for Facebook?

Upvote 0

Woollybear

Jul 8, 2021
Midwest
✟19,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heck I have flagged post for Facebook before. Stuff that I think that Facebooks needs to take a look at. That did not give me the power to take over Facebook.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah, censorship in cooperation with the whitehouse. Totalitarianism

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Heck I have flagged post for Facebook before. Stuff that I think that Facebooks needs to take a look at. That did not give me the power to take over Facebook.
It is collusion to censor open and in your face. You like it I guess.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Thanks for the sane answer. It's much better than the constant flow of misinformation from those who are misinformed.

Upvote 0

Woollybear

Jul 8, 2021
Midwest
✟19,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am new to this forum. But I am sure that they also do censorship on here as well if something gets posted that goes against the Terms of service rules.

Please note that I did not say I liked or disliked this. I am only pointing out what I think I all means.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, censorship in cooperation with the whitehouse. Totalitarianism

Seriously?? How would you suggest controlling misinformation? Do you think that Facebook, Twitter, etc, should be a place to disseminate whatever lies people can come up with?

If somebody said that the COVID-19 vaccines are actually a tool of Satan to control all Christians should that be posted as truth?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Why did you feel the need to use an alternative spelling for Facebook?
There's an effort in this country to suppress speech that might not put the political left in the best light.
Why make it easy for those people to locate posts and get you suspended?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Seriously?? How would you suggest controlling misinformation? Do you think that Facebook, Twitter, etc, should be a place to disseminate whatever lies people can come up with?

If somebody said that the COVID-19 vaccines are actually a tool of Satan to control all Christians should that be posted as truth?
Who is to judge as to what is misinformation? For example, what if someone said that election audits might find problems? You could say, no, this election was the safest and most secure in American history, so this person is pushing misinformation.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Freedom of speech is important. If we don't have that, then we cant trust anything we hear. You think the federal government should only be believed, and what only they say is truth? Not me, nor a great many people believe that.

Upvote 0