Asherz

Jul 8, 2004
✟9,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
warghaha said:
The issue here is when you're in public. 100 man with 100 characters. Are you sure those men in New Guinea didn't have a wild fantasy at least, sometimes? This Hijab thing does not to prevent rape only. There's much wider scope.

So how is the burden of responsibility divided when a woman is raped?

Upvote 0

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Hetrosexual men are always going to have an interest in women. They are just less "intoxicated" by the mystery when there isn't a mystery in the first place.

Like the Sisters said many years ago where I worked. "The first thing they tell us is ignore the men showing you attention. It doesn't mean anything about you, it is just that they are more curious about what's under a habit than women in standard dress".

Upvote 0

warghaha

Oct 5, 2005
✟905.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
kit said:
Hetrosexual men are always going to have an interest in women. They are just less "intoxicated" by the mystery when there isn't a mystery in the first place.

Like the Sisters said many years ago where I worked. "The first thing they tell us is ignore the men showing you attention. It doesn't mean anything about you, it is just that they are more curious about what's under a habit than women in standard dress".
Then when all women listen to the sister, they should wear nothing so that men won't get too curious. I don't think this will work. Man still will be man.

Upvote 0

Asherz

Jul 8, 2004
✟9,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
warghaha said:
I'm sorry, I can't quite get what you meant.
Do you mean the responsiblity of the criminal or the society or the victim's relative or something else?

You implied that the hijab helps prevent rape, so if a women is raped....

In your opinion who is responsible for causing the rape. Is the male at fault? the female? or do they share responsibility? if so, how is that divided? 50/50? or some other combination?

Upvote 0

warghaha

Oct 5, 2005
✟905.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Asherz said:

In your opinion who is responsible for causing the rape. Is the male at fault? the female? or do they share responsibility? if so, how is that divided? 50/50? or some other combination?
Oh! That:D.

I think I'd state it clearly. It does not to prevent rape only(because this thing had been emphasied too much in this thread). It just the small potion of it.

Anyway, we're not looking who definitely wrong or who definitely don't here. Sometimes, it's 100% the man's fault. Sometimes they share the responsiblity. I mean, the daring clothes can invite such crime.

When we talk about rape, from the Islamic perspevtive, it covers sexual harrasment, verbally or phisically. Most of the time, phisical harassment, we can easily put 80% of the responsiblity to the man. But when it's verbally, the way a woman dress is one of the major factor here.

Salaam.

Upvote 0

Asherz

Jul 8, 2004
✟9,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Asherz said:

Well I need to get some sleep. So no matter how you answer, for those who believe that rape is the woman's fault or that she is partially at fault...

The research shows that rape is rarely about uncontrolled lust, but about violence to and power over women. The rape is about the man and his ego. For more see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape#Male_rapist_profiles

As a side note, if you want to base rape prevention solely on clothing, skin tight pants are a woman's best bet. They allow the least amount of access. ;)

Upvote 0

warghaha

Oct 5, 2005
✟905.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Asherz said:
Well I need to get some sleep. So no matter how you answer, for those who believe that rape is the woman's fault or that she is partially at fault...

The research shows that rape is rarely about uncontrolled lust, but about violence to and power over women. The rape is about the man and his ego.
Well, if we take one part of Islamic view on rape, which we concentrate only on sexual abuse and disregard the sexual harassment, then yeah. It's the reason for the most cases. But don't forget the female rapist too;).

From your own source: under the topic of victim blaming.

Under cases of alleged date rape, however, the situation is different. Because the question at hand is whether or not the incident was consensual, or whether the alleged victim encouraged the accused or gave implied consent, becomes the critical consideration. As such, arguments about the victim's conduct are an accepted element of an affirmative defense.

And Acquaintance ("date") rape is the most cases of rape:
The vast majority of rapes are committed by people who already know the victim.

So if we can take your source, then for certain cases, the victims sometimes provoke the rape case.

As a side note, if you want to base rape prevention solely on clothing, skin tight pants are a woman's best bet. They allow the least amount of access. ;)
Lol:D.

Have a nice sleep:wave:
Salaam.

Upvote 0

ammuslim

Mar 9, 2005
China/Philippines
Visit site
✟499.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Bismillah:

i just wonder why we can find in the Bible some verses like this:

Genesis 24:65 for she had said unto her servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master; therefore she took a veil and covered herself.

and you go to the " cornerstone topical concordance" of the KING JAMES VERSION OF THE BIBLE you read on the subject "women" ( Generally wore a veil in the presence of the opposite sex Gen 24"65)

Salam
ammuslim

Upvote 0

Fares

Feb 7, 2006
✟9,042.00
Faith
Catholic
Dont twist the words of the Bible please.

Jourdan.jpeg

maria.jpg

You see this ? This is the veil in the Bible.
A simple head scarf they put on the head and not the hijab.
Plus no place, as far as I remember, God orders women to wear a veil.
What you have is a story.
So nice try their, you are on a christian forums, lies on christianity will not pass unnoticed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.