The Unsilenced Majority: Conservatives 'punch back' against cancel culture, corporate 'wokeism'

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Something that he did...on the job.

Again, the post wasn't about his job or how he did it, it was about how some of a particular political ideology reacted to something he did before work.

That's a rather significant distinction. If every time I went to the movie theater, the projectionist came down in front of the audience and said...

Another case of a post making up an unrelated example rather than talking about what actually happened. One wonder why such tactics are needed.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Again, the post wasn't about his job or how he did it, it was about how some of a particular political ideology reacted to something he did before work.

He did it at work...in uniform...

As for political ideology....the Olympics committee thinks that political demonstrations ruin the point of sports bringing together all people of all backgrounds...and they've banned BLM clothing.

Olympics bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ apparel, could punish athletes for social protests | WGN-TV

I'm curious what political ideology you think is behind this.

Another case of a post making up an unrelated example rather than talking about what actually happened. One wonder why such tactics are needed.

It's an analogy. You have a right to demonstrate and protest....but not on the job.

• Agree
Reactions: Toynbee
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He did it at work...in uniform...

That's great and all, but again, the post wasn't about his job or how he did it, it was about how some of a particular political ideology reacted to something he did before work.

As for political ideology....the Olympics committee thinks that political demonstrations ruin the point of sports bringing together all people of all backgrounds...and they've banned BLM clothing.

I can always tell I've made a good point when a reply has to change the subject less than 10 words into that post. But hey, whatever it takes to get to alt-right talking points, I guess.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The post being replied to doesn't talk about why Kaepernick isn't currently playing but instead addresses the behavior of people trying to get him fired for something he said or did. This post doesn't seem to have any actual facts to counter that reality, and instead tries unsuccessfully to change the subject away from that uncomfortable fact.
The post you are talking about did not have any facts to establish that it was credible, so countering facts that do not exist seems unnecessary at best.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's great and all, but again, the post wasn't about his job or how he did it, it was about how some of a particular political ideology reacted to something he did before work.

What ideology?

I can always tell I've made a good point when a reply has to change the subject less than 10 words into that post. But hey, whatever it takes to get to alt-right talking points, I guess.

The Olympics is "alt-right"?

• Haha
Reactions: Toynbee
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump expressed his opinion but he did not start an economic boycott.

He encouraged an economic boycott -- the only way to say he didn't start one would be to admit he failed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In this case, the leader of the GOP.

That's a person, not an ideology.

I can get you some definitions if you want.

Not sure how anyone could believably get that from what I wrote.

Well they too have decided against political protests during the Olympics, so they must be of the same ideology you're dancing around.

Upvote 0

CreeXPL

Light the Way
May 9, 2021
New York
✟16,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How many of these "Cancel Culture" resisters are on record as having tried to cancel the results of the 2020 election?

There have been efforts to investigate the many inconsistencies that occurred with the election process, but not a "cancelling" of the results. The fact that there has been such intense resistance to the investigations has raised some red flags though.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There have been efforts to investigate the many inconsistencies that occurred with the election process, but not a "cancelling" of the results.

After January 6, certainly not a successful cancelation.

The fact that there has been such intense resistance to the investigations has raised some red flags though.

Indeed -- the GOP is dead set against any investigation... wonder what they're hiding?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's a person, not an ideology. I can get you some definitions if you want.
TIL that there's never political ideology expressed in statements from the leader of the 2nd most popular political party in the US. It is amazing what one can find on the internet.

Well they too have decided against political protests during the Olympics, so they must be of the same ideology you're dancing around.
I have no idea why you'd conclude that from what I read, and I'm pretty sure it would just make me sad to if the reasoning behind it was explained.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Indeed -- the GOP is dead set against any investigation... wonder what they're hiding?

Do we really need to waste money on the investigation of a tour group when inflation is destroying the economy under Biden?

• Haha
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Do we really need to waste money on the investigation of a tour group when inflation is destroying the economy under Biden?

Just tell them it's another Benghazi investigation. They'll sign the papers (and probably vote for an execution) without bothering to read them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Just tell them it's another Benghazi investigation. They'll sign the papers (and probably vote for an execution) without bothering to read them.

Oooh, that's right, might even get 3 or 4 investigations out of it.

Upvote 0

PreppedNsaved

May 23, 2021
Wisconsin
✟8,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think he was referring to the investigations meant to look into whether or not their was election fraud (one being the recounting of ballots). The Democrats have resisted allowing things like this. If they would at least stand back and allow such investigations, it would be a show of transparency.

Upvote 0