The Unsilenced Majority: Conservatives 'punch back' against cancel culture, corporate 'wokeism'

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Insofar as that is true, it would be best not to cooperate with stealing and redefining a word in this way. Rather, conservatives could coin their own word, or simply state their position in plain English.

It wasn't really stealing. The reason why currently the word "woke" is associated with that kind of hypocrisy is that the hypocrites often described themselves as woke, so the meaning just kind of shifted. Also, it's not just conservatives using the word "woke" about these hypocritical views.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As I said: Colin Kaepernick got fired because he was not the best person for the job, just that simple. Those who want to make something else out of it are just trying to support a race related narrative.
The post being replied to doesn't talk about why Kaepernick isn't currently playing but instead addresses the behavior of people trying to get him fired for something he said or did. This post doesn't seem to have any actual facts to counter that reality, and instead tries unsuccessfully to change the subject away from that uncomfortable fact.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
From the article:

IOW, they’re going to use hypocrisy to soak gullible people for donations.

That’s about what I would’ve expected from a group like this.

The whole premise implies that conservatives have, until now, been silent on the subject of cancel culture - which is an absurd notion. Nobody is unsilencing themselves.

When one looks back at the things that Conservatives have tried -- and failed -- to Cancel, I wish them all the luck they've had for decades.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As I said: Colin Kaepernick got fired because he was not the best person for the job, just that simple. Those who want to make something else out of it are just trying to support a race related narrative.

You're saying his kneeling had nothing to do with it?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sure -- tell us he didn't get cancelled by conservatives because of his kneeling.
OK he got cut because he is not as good at the job as he thinks that he is, problem is he can not accept that fact so he is making a claim that it was about his race. Pro football is a money sport, you do not cut people who are providing your success but you do cut people who over rate themselves and become a major ego case.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
OK he got cut because he is not as good at the job as he thinks that he is, problem is he can not accept that fact so he is making a claim that it was about his race. Pro football is a money sport, you do not cut people who are providing your success but you do cut people who over rate themselves and become a major ego case.

Since when was the former president of the United States such a football fan?

It can't be good for your eyes to watch the NFL by gaslight.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Wait.... so the solution to cancel culture is... even more cancel culture?

The idea is that the reason why corporations so easily capitulate to SJW activists is because it is easy and painless. The idea here is to make it costly and painful.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The idea is that the reason why corporations so easily capitulate to SJW activists is because it is easy and painless. The idea here is to make it costly and painful.

By cancelling them. The Right's plan is to use the left's own tactics (which they have complained about for years) to make things painful for others (seriously, there must be a better way to pass the time) and, if history is any indication, fail hilariously at doing so.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to listen to my heavy metal music that I bought at Target while eating my freedom french fries while waiting for my transgender mixed-race friend to come over for a session of Dungeons & Dragons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
By cancelling them. The Right's plan is to use the left's own tactics (which they have complained about for years) to make things painful for others (seriously, there must be a better way to pass the time) and, if history is any indication, fail hilariously at doing so.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to listen to my heavy metal music that I bought at Target while eating my freedom french fries while waiting for my transgender mixed-race friend to come over for a session of Dungeons & Dragons.

You should take a break now and then for some Disney movies.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

You listen to metal?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since when was the former president of the United States such a football fan?

It can't be good for your eyes to watch the NFL by gaslight.
you need to stop with the snipes, it reflects poorly on you.

• Agree
Reactions: Toynbee
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
you need to stop with the snipes, it reflects poorly on you.

I call it like I see it. And when an argument doesn't fit the facts, I'm not going to pretend it does.

As I said, gaslight will ruin your eyes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The post being replied to doesn't talk about why Kaepernick isn't currently playing but instead addresses the behavior of people trying to get him fired for something he said or did.

Something that he did...on the job.

That's a rather significant distinction. If every time I went to the movie theater, the projectionist came down in front of the audience and said...

"I'd like to speak with you about Jesus and my wife's church before the movie."

I daresay I'd probably register a complaint with the manager after a couple of these incidents. It's not that the projectionist isn't entitled to his beliefs or speaking about them....but he really should be doing it in his time, not mine.

• Agree
Reactions: RestoreTheJoy
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Something that he did...on the job.

That's a rather significant distinction. If every time I went to the movie theater, the projectionist came down in front of the audience and said...

"I'd like to speak with you about Jesus and my wife's church before the movie."

I daresay I'd probably register a complaint with the manager after a couple of these incidents. It's not that the projectionist isn't entitled to his beliefs or speaking about them....but he really should be doing it in his time, not mine.

That's a legitimate line of reasoning, but unfortunately, the "unsilenced majority" has already moved beneath beyond that one and are now claiming that he was fired for simply being a mediocre football player.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's a legitimate line of reasoning, but unfortunately, the "unsilenced majority" has already moved beneath beyond that one and are now claiming that he was fired for simply being a mediocre football player.

Well fortunately for me, I don't form opinions by popular consensus.

Reactions: Toynbee
Upvote 0