Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
They do the same sort of stuff you do !

They just live in a different country - though like you,they are rather limited in their ability to be out with other folk at present , thanks to this darn pandemic.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People here in England are very much like people over in America or Australia or in Europe.
They work, have families, play or watch sport, go out for drinks, meals to the cinema, theatre etc at least when not restricted by self isolation.
Use Google and see what is on in London, Edinburgh or Cardiff or any town.
Or use wiki and see what it says about towns and what is there.

Or get a travel brochure for holidays in The UK that will give ideas of what is available.

One advantage of dreaming about coming here is most of what you say is understandable here.
American English hasn't drifted that far away from our English.

Reactions: shortangel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟215,835.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
People here in England are very much like people over in America or Australia or in Europe.
They work, have families, play or watch sport, go out for drinks, meals to the cinema, theatre etc at least when not restricted by self isolation.
Use Google and see what is on in London, Edinburgh or Cardiff or any town.
Or use wiki and see what it says about towns and what is there.

Or get a travel brochure for holidays in The UK that will give ideas of what is available.

One advantage of dreaming about coming here is most of what you say is understandable here.
American English hasn't drifted that far away from our English.
I'm sure you realise, but to avoid any complaints from the Scots or Welsh, neither Edinburgh nor Cardiff are in England :)
Don't dream about coming - come! And our languages are very similar. Although you would also be fine in any Northern European country, and be OK elsewhere. Even in London you will be fine with English.
While the UK may seem small compared to America - many US states are larger than the UK - you don't have to travel very far for the countryside to change significantly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rugged Cross

Jun 18, 2020
Orkney Islands
✟13,678.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
Depends on where you live, I live in Orkney (moved here 30 year ago) and it's a fairly quiet community. Depending on who you are and your age we do much the same as most areas. we have a small football league, a good rugby team, night club etc. But mostly geared up for the tourist season.

I myself, now in my latter years enjoy computer games, playing guitar, knitting and history (great place for all of these activities). There are nice churches and a cathedral, so plenty of places to worship.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Being a Canadian I have travelled in the USA quite a bit. I have been in England twice and the remarkable thing is that I felt far more comfortable there than I ever felt in the USA. England felt completely safe even though some of the accents baffled me. In the USA I always felt a strange sense of threat even though so many of its people were so warm and hospitable.

Upvote 0