NW England
✟1,048,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i'm curious to know what do people in the U.K. do for fun??? do they like to watch T.V.? play sports??? go to the pubs alot?? do they read books??? do they visit the art places in the U.K. in London???

Hi, :wave:

We do all sorts of things over here; it depends what you enjoy - much the same as any other country.
London has many famous landmarks and tourist places: Trafalgar square, with its art galleries and Nelson's column; the West end has many theatres and Covent Garden, then there is the Tower of London, Madame Tussard's and Planetarium, Westminster Abbey, St Paul's cathedral, Hyde Park, Regents park and other gardens - as well as markets, museums, churches, libraries and a boat trip on the Thames itself.
There are great shopping centres in Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham - and probably every city.
Chester, where I live, has historic walls, museums, a Roman amphitheatre and a great zoo, which features in a tv series. In the Wirral, you can go under, or over, the Mersey river to Liverpool, where there are 2 great cathedrals.
Blackpool, Brighton, Margate, Skegness, Dover, Eastbourne, Bournemouth and many other places have beaches. There are historic caves at Wookey Hole and Chislehurst (probably other places too, but they are the only ones I have been to.) There are many amusement parks; Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Legoland, Drayton manor, Windsor safari park, Longleat safari park; zoos in London, Chester, Whipsnade, Colchester, Dublin.

I've focused mainly on England, but Scotland Ireland and Wales all have beautiful places to visit and places of interest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
strong in him, thank you for telling me about your wonderful country the U.K. what a great place London must be :)

I like it :). I was born there, so I may be biased.
But it is expensive.

Reactions: shortangel
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi shortangel,

All kinds really.
I prefer plain tea, sometimes called breakfast tea. I don't really mind who produces it - PG Tips, or whoever, as long as it's plain. I don't want anyone messing with my cuppa - lol.

But there are a number of other types. Fruit teas are popular, there's also green tea, black tea (not just tea without milk), peppermint tea, earl grey and others.

Upvote 0

shortangel

Oct 12, 2005
Oregon
✟19,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
thank you so much for your repsones, i'm sorry i haven't been around to krep this thread going, i like breakfast tea too & my mom likes earl grey here in America, could anyone tell me if people are allowed tours of buckingham palace where the Queen lives? are they allowed to give tours, this is a question for future referance if i ever visit the U.K.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thank you so much for your repsones, i'm sorry i haven't been around to krep this thread going, i like breakfast tea too & my mom likes earl grey here in America, could anyone tell me if people are allowed tours of buckingham palace where the Queen lives? are they allowed to give tours, this is a question for future referance if i ever visit the U.K.

I think they were - before lockdown.
Buckingham Palace opened to the public some years ago, if I remember correctly; though it would probably change if the Queen was in residence or there was a special occasion.
There is probably a website that could tell you a lot more - even prices and opening times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟214,831.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Details for visiting Buckingham Place:
Royal Residences: Buckingham Palace
Only some rooms are open to the public, and it's not planned to open now until the Autumn.
I've only seen the outside. Her Majesty has never invited me in. Not yet.

Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟214,831.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The Queen (Her Majesty, abbreviated HM) also provides full board accommodation. But I suspect not to the same standards as Buckingham Palace (I've not experienced either). You can apply via the Courts. Exercising Americans' rights to carry a gun (not recognised in the UK) will help gain entry.:grin::smiley:

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thank you for your responses :) God bless you all

God bless you. :)

By the way, in case you're wondering about that last post, "at her majesty's pleasure" is a term to describe those who are in prison, or sent to prison. So the phrase in the above post, "carrying a gun will help you gain entry" = "if you carry a gun you may do time at her majesty's pleasure" = "you may be sent to prison for carrying a gun".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Scann

Oct 10, 2019
south east asia
✟17,164.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have something to ask. Do the English(Londoners in particular) citizens with right wing beliefs and those with left wing beliefs get along very well with each other as compared to Americans? I don't mean those with extreme right or left beliefs.
I only went for a holiday there once so I don't know what their attitude is regarding political beliefs.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have something to ask. Do the English(Londoners in particular) citizens with right wing beliefs and those with left wing beliefs get along very well with each other as compared to Americans? I don't mean those with extreme right or left beliefs.
I only went for a holiday there once so I don't know what their attitude is regarding political beliefs.

Hi,

As someone else said, generally, I don't think most people know the political views of others - people make friends before asking about their political beliefs, and maybe not even then.

We have a number of political parties over here; Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrats (I think they still exist), the Green party, Independent parties and others. Then there are parties in Scotland, Wales and NI as well.

Upvote 0