Life is Christ
Nov 18, 2004
Visit site
✟23,414.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Was, is and always will be Saturday. Regardless of what anyone else says. I go to church on Saturday because the church is true to the Holy Word. How has it come that many of our christian churches proclaim Sunday as the day of Sabbath? It is false and does not match with what the bible says. We have one man to thank for the changing of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, and he had no God given right to. In the early parts of the fourth century Constantine issued a decree, declaring Sunday a festival all over the Roman Empire. ever since, this has stuck in the minds of millions as the day we should worship on. Saturday is the true day because that is the day God finished his work on creating the universe, which was Saturday, the seventh day.

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Believer-in-Christ said:
Was, is and always will be Saturday. Regardless of what anyone else says. I go to church on Saturday because the church is true to the Holy Word. How has it come that many of our christian churches proclaim Sunday as the day of Sabbath? It is false and does not match with what the bible says. We have one man to thank for the changing of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, and he had no God given right to. In the early parts of the fourth century Constantine issued a decree, declaring Sunday a festival all over the Roman Empire. ever since, this has stuck in the minds of millions as the day we should worship on. Saturday is the true day because that is the day God finished his work on creating the universe, which was Saturday, the seventh day.
Hi there!

:wave:

Well, let's go hang the apostles who celebrated both the sabbath and the resurrection of Christ.... then let's hang all the early church fathers that followed their tradition, moving the day of worship to the first day of the week.

~serapha~

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Believer-in-Christ said:
Saturday is the true day because that is the day God finished his work on creating the universe, which was Saturday, the seventh day.
How do you know our calendar is correct? Perhaps Sunday is really Saturday, if you could count all the way back to the day on which God is said to have finished creation.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
First of all, that's fine if you feel that you should worship on Saturday but the Bible tells us not to "esteem one day over another". This is what Paul called a "disputable matter". It's a non-essential that Christians of good conscience have the liberty to disagree over so I don't think you serve yourself or the Gospel well by condemning those who disagree.

Second, and much more important, neither Sunday nor Saturday are the Sabbath for the Christian. Now that Christ has come, He is our Sabbath.

Hebrews 4:10-11 speaks to this.

Upvote 0

OccamsLaser

Veteran
Aug 3, 2004
✟16,989.00
Faith
Atheist
Serapha said:
Well, let's go hang the apostles who celebrated both the sabbath and the resurrection of Christ.... then let's hang all the early church fathers that followed their tradition, moving the day of worship to the first day of the week.
Too late. They're already dead.

Reactions: Blessed2003
Upvote 0

OccamsLaser

Veteran
Aug 3, 2004
✟16,989.00
Faith
Atheist
12volt_man said:
First of all, that's fine if you feel that you should worship on Saturday but the Bible tells us not to "esteem one day over another". This is what Paul called a "disputable matter".
The Bible also tells you to "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God."
It's a non-essential that Christians of good conscience have the liberty to disagree over so I don't think you serve yourself or the Gospel well by condemning those who disagree.
Which other among the Ten Commandments are also "non-essential," open to negotiation and disagreement?

Reactions: MbiaJc
Upvote 0

Patiently waiting

Nov 17, 2003
Southeast
Visit site
✟15,481.00
Faith
Christian
I don't often agree with Occamslaser, but I do on this one.

I believe the evidence is overwhelming that Saturday is the true Sabbath. Isn't it funny how in the bible God says to, "Remember the Sabbath"? I think He told us to remember because he knew we'd change it.

Reactions: MbiaJc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blessed2003

Duck, duck, duck, GOOSE..
Jan 20, 2004
✟1,452.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
OccamsLaser said:
Too late. They're already dead.
Forgive me, this could not be passed up....^_^
The look of the words and the lack of emotions applied (ie. smilies) just placed a picture in my mind of the two of you sitting there, face to face, and OccamsLaser seriously taking S's hand, and giving her the bad news, lol.
Sorry, I could not resist. :D
Bye~
:wave:

Upvote 0

kissybug27

Oct 27, 2004
Tennessee
✟510.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok being that I'm pentecostal I figure you can guess what day I go to church on. Yes it is Sunday. Now I'm not saying that Sunday is the right or wrong day but I am saying that before you tell someone thier wrong you need to research what you are saying. Not to long ago I got to thinking about our calendar. Who created it, how many times it has changed and what not. I can't remember the site or all the stuff that was on it but I can tell you a little about what it said. Our calendar has changed many times, adding days, taking away days, even adding hours here and there, now personally I believe that this could mess up the day we are suppose to worship on. For all we know it's Wednesday. And just to let you know alot of the changes made were by Jewish people. You really should look it up sometime, if I can find it I will show you but I have already looked today and don't feel like going any further right now.

I feel that there are alot of things that we christians argue about that just aren't all that important to our salvation, like what to call God and what color was Jesus and how we are suppose to dress to go to church and what day do we go to church on. What is important is our relationship with Christ. Without that it really doesn't matter when you go to church.

Question ....do you celebrate Christmas....Christ's birthday....well we don't know when He was born but we still set a side to celebrate.

I don't think it matters what you wear to church atleast your there. I don't think it matters what day you worship on cause atleast your worshipping....God hears us the other 6 days too. It doesn't matter what you call God as long as you call Him. And who cares what color He is cause He doesn't see colors why should we.

Back on the subject.....do you ever work on Saturday........I do...I'm a mom....it's a 24/7 job. Most people have to work weekends or not eat. I once had a guy tell me it's a sin to work on the sabbath. I asked him what about doctors and police fireman ...our military.....he said they should do it for free on the Sabbath ....I just laugh.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OccamsLaser

Veteran
Aug 3, 2004
✟16,989.00
Faith
Atheist
Blessed2003 said:
Forgive me, this could not be passed up....^_^
The look of the words and the lack of emotions applied (ie. smilies) just placed a picture in my mind of the two of you sitting there, face to face, and OccamsLaser seriously taking S's hand, and giving her the bad news, lol.
Sorry, I could not resist. :D
"We would have been here earlier, ma'am, but your husband wasn't dead yet." (Leslie Nielson, as Lt. Frank Drebin, in "Police Squad!" TV show)

Reactions: WaZoO
Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
OccamsLaser said:
The Bible also tells you to "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God."

Yes, it does but this doesn't show that Saturday is the required day of worship for Christians, nor does it negate the fact that the Sabbath was merely a shadow of Christ.

Which other among the Ten Commandments are also "non-essential," open to negotiation and disagreement?

Only two of them touch on doctrine, "honor the Sabbath" and "thou shalt have no other gods".

Of the two, the Sabbath is a non-essential but other gods is an essential doctrine, obviously.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Patiently waiting said:
I don't often agree with Occamslaser, but I do on this one.

I believe the evidence is overwhelming that Saturday is the true Sabbath. Isn't it funny how in the bible God says to, "Remember the Sabbath"? I think He told us to remember because he knew we'd change it.

We didn't change it. Christ changed it.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,536.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I understand this subject is an in house argument that Christians engage in, but as a lover of God of a path that is not Christian, divisions caused by the arguments over the true Sabbath has always struck me as totally petty. Yet, this subject has caused deep divisions with in the Christian church. Other than ego focused stuff, I just don't get why it's such a big deal where people will come away angry at others over it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.