Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
Just for the record, Hervey is a gnostic, not a christian.

Is this something you do regularly...tell us who we are. Hervey said he's a christian. I was told by you I'm not a christian because I don't know if I in believe the Trinity Doctrine. Louis, you are judging people according to this Trinity Doctrine...Show me this Doctrine you judge us on. To have so much belief in this Doctrine surely you must have a copy. Please post it and I will read it.

Thank you Love and God Bless.

Upvote 0
Anyone who has -- "Christ IN" them (Galatians 3:16 - Colossians 1:27) -- are Christ-in's

Those who were baptized into his death and resurrection, and who were chosen from before the foundation of the world, are those whom God put the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, are Christians .

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Hervey
Louis and Nick

Jesus Christ is sitting on the right hand of God - Louis !

1 + 1 + 1 = 3 Nick , not 1

God is Spirit, but that does not mean that he does not have hands. Spiritual hands, but none the less -- hands !

You should see the work of his fingers !

Psalms 8:3 - "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers , the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained"

There are many other verses that God uses body parts to give us an example to follow - Head - hand - back etc.

Now why do you think God would use human body analogies ? Could it be that God created man in his own image ?

Nick, the great mystery , is that the two become one. That is because they were one at one time, until God separated the female from the male.

Are either of you married ? I ask this in order that you may know that you know ! ;)

Is not the woman a mirror image of the man ? Similar with reversals ? Is it not true that when a man and a woman come together in sexual intercourse that they become one -- because God made them that way ?

Is it not true that "one" sperm impregnates "One" ovum , and the two become one ? ? Is not this how God created and made man and woman ?

Definition of "family" - Father - Mother - Child

I am sure you trinitarians see three - right ?

The Word says that a husband and wife are one, and one plus one child equals - Two !

Why don't you trinitarians stop trying to explain something that does not exist , except within the mind of confusion ! ? Nick can't add, and Louis does not read his bible to see if God has arms and fingers, and or hands or a head .

BTW Louis -- I am a Christian ! I have the seed of Christ IN me, which is the Spirit of his Son in my heart crying Abba Father. Anything less than having Christ in you, and you are not a Christian. And I might add, that one can not become a Christian . One who has Christ IN them is a Son of God, and no Son has ever chosen his Father. The Father chooses whom he pleases to be His Sons. It is called predestination.

All others are followers of Christ, which brings them to the knowledge of God.

Followers of false teachers ,who teach false doctrines, and false pastors and false brethren, will not bring you to the knowledge of God ! :(

Love IN Christ and Christ IN - Hervey

Ehh. 1+1+1 = 3 to our finite minds, not God's.

Actually, symbolically and biblically, the right hand is the hand of action.

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Messenger
Thank you So Louisbooth was just shooting his mouth when he said I wasn't a Christian. Thanks for setting me straight!
Love and God Bless.

I agree with Louisbooth. Practically every theological heresy begins with a misconception of the nature of God. The Trinity is taught in scripture and has always been believed by Christians. It is referred to in the Apostles Creed and the Westminster Confession of Faith says the following in CHAP. II. - Of God, and of the Holy Trinity:

3. In the unity of the Godhead there be three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost: the Father is of none, neither begotten, not proceeding; the Son is eternally begotten of the Father; the Holy Ghost eternally proceeding from the Father and the Son.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
Ok so again people standing up for the Trinity Doctrine. Do me a favor and go to you church and get a copy of this doctrine you stand behind. I don't want your interpretation I want the Doctrine. Just as I read the Bible and not just listen to people tell me what it says I would like to read the Trinity Doctrine. Surely you must have read the doctrine if you believe it 100% accurate. I am a Christian. Christ is my Lord and Savior. Christ died on the cross for my sins and is the Son of God. Christ did not put as many rules on my belief in Him as man is trying to with the Trinity Doctrine. Do not judge me on a man made doctrine. Christ resides within my heart soul and being therefore I can proudly call myself a Christian.

Upvote 0

Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
1Peter4

Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who suffered in his body is done with sin. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires but rather for the will of God. For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do- living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idoltary. They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of disspation, and they heap abuse on you. But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit. The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and selfcontrolled, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitlity to one another with out grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things Godmay be praised though Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ you are blessed, for hte Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or a thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God, and if it begins with us, what willthe outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God. And If it is hard for the righteous to be saved what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?" So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

(My gift is Simplicity of Life...Find it on the Round Table)
I am a Christian. I don't need man's approval for that title. God knows I am a Christian and he has blessed me with understanding of life. Love and God Bless you all. Thank you for helping me to research what in my heart I knew. :hug:

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Messenger
Ok so again people standing up for the Trinity Doctrine. Do me a favor and go to you church and get a copy of this doctrine you stand behind. I don't want your interpretation I want the Doctrine. Just as I read the Bible and not just listen to people tell me what it says I would like to read the Trinity Doctrine. Surely you must have read the doctrine if you believe it 100% accurate. I am a Christian. Christ is my Lord and Savior. Christ died on the cross for my sins and is the Son of God. Christ did not put as many rules on my belief in Him as man is trying to with the Trinity Doctrine. Do not judge me on a man made doctrine. Christ resides within my heart soul and being therefore I can proudly call myself a Christian.

The doctrine of the Trinity is in the bible itself, you don't need a church document on it. You say that you believe that Jesus is the Son of God correct? I am sure you also believe that the Father is God correct? The Holy Spirit is also God correct? That is three distinct personages that the bible says are all God and yet the bible clearly teaches that there is but one God. That is the doctrine of the Trinity. That is NOT a "man-made doctrine" it is a word describing God's character as described by God Himself in scripture.

God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
I believe there is one God...God the Father. Jesus we do not pray to but through. The Holy Spirit guides us. They are all of God...but I don't believe they are all God. Angels I believe in and assume you do? They are of God but not God. Now I am not saying what I believe is 100% accurate but this is my belief thus far. My beliefs are always subject to change through learning and spiritual enlightening but thus far this is still how I believe. I understand where people come up with the trinity but I do not translate it the same. But I am no less Christian than someone who believes in Trinity. I Love Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit. I am begining to love everyone....that is how I know I am truely saved. Sorry if I am making too much of a fuss over the Doctrine. I pray that if it is really as important as I am told by some than it will be revailed to me. Love and God Bless.

Upvote 0

BigEd

an adopted child of God
Feb 15, 2002
connecticut
✟9,726.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Messenger what your talking about is the herasy known as arianism.

This herasy put God the Father above God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 3:16, 28:19 and Luke 3:21-22 makes it very clear there is a Trinity, no matter how much you Hervey may denign it.

John 1 makes very clear the equality of the Father and Son.

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
That is part of the reason for marriage, to show us about God. In marriage we grow close to our mate and express our love physically, yet we can only grow so close and express our love in a finite manner. How would this expression flow over into the realm of infinity? The Father knew himself so completely and perfectly that that knowledge gave forth to life. It was not finite like ours, but infinite, as only God can be. This person, begotten from infinity shares a love with the Father that is so perfect it, too, is alive, for God is Love. This is the life of the Trinity...Love. Love of Self, Love of others, only on an infinite level.

What are the two greatest commandments? Love God with all your heart, and your neighbor as yourself. This is how we are to share in the life of Christ, this is how He dwells in us. By living out the divine commandment on Earth, we will share in God's living it perfectly forever in eternity.

Blessed be God Forever!

Neal

Upvote 0

Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
Mathew 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water At that moment heaven was opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him and the voice from heaven said this is my Son whom I love with him I am well pleased.

(How do you get this is God stating that this is Him...I take this for what it says Jesus is the Son of God.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by isshinwhat
That is part of the reason for marriage, to show us about God. In marriage we grow close to our mate and express our love physically, yet we can only grow so close and express our love in a finite manner. How would this expression flow over into the realm of infinity? The Father knew himself so completely and perfectly that that knowledge gave forth to life. It was not finite like ours, but infinite, as only God can be. This person, begotten from infinity shares a love with the Father that is so perfect it, too, is alive, for God is Love. This is the life of the Trinity...Love. Love of Self, Love of others, only on an infinite level.

What are the two greatest commandments? Love God with all your heart, and your neighbor as yourself. This is how we are to share in the life of Christ, this is how He dwells in us. By living out the divine commandment on Earth, we will share in God's living it perfectly forever in eternity.

Blessed be God Forever!

Neal

That was really beautiful Neal. Honestly. I agree with the above. But sorry I still do not understand Trinity. I am really not trying to be difficult please believe me. I received Simplicity of Life and I know with all my heart and soul that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are real. I understand that God is speaking to us now more than ever... through the Holy Spirit. I just don't fully understand Trinity the way I think others do. Thank you for your beautiful words. I will try and understand.

Love and God Bless.

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0
Apologist:

Fist off, Jesus is the son of man, and secondly, Christ is the Son of God -not God !

Thirdly - The Holy Spirit is what God is. Just like I am a human being. God is Spirit and he is Holy - Holy Spirit.

Fourthly - The word "Father" is a title given to someone who has a child, or children. The Father is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Christ is the Son of the Father, and can not be the same in one. Just as I am a father also, and have two sons, and my sons are not me !!

The word "God" is a title also.

There is also a god of this world, and he is also a father, and he is also a spirit - A devil spirit.

I am also a son of God, because I have the seed of Christ IN me - Galatians 3:16

Christ is the Son of God, and I am one who has the seed of Christ IN me, so that makes me a Christian, and I am no more God, than my brother Christ is !

You can not go up against logic ! God is not the author of confusion !

L I C - Hervey

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.