Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can take the bible and show where killing is justified. Maybe if it was morally consistent and had a morally consistent god to go along with it...
The kind of god you're describing is incapable of killing anyone.

Just like Robby the Robot on The Forbidden Planet, he would automatically refuse to kill even a fly, while evil runs rampant.

images

Upvote 0

NNSV

Feb 5, 2011
✟15,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The bible says a lot of things. it really depends what vers you use. I can take the bible and show where killing is justified. Maybe if it was morally consistent and had a morally consistent god to go along with it...

or maybe if history didn't already tell a very different story then the one your trying to describe, you might have an argument. Christians pick and choose from the bible and never take what it says wholesale. After all its not fully compatible with the morality of today. If someone followed everything in the bible they would be labeled as a monster.

why are you not? he calls us his children right? so it would only be fair to treat him as any parent. I wasn't aware the definition of god was hypocrite.
Because unlike Christians (although most Christians actually don't follow the moral codes of the bible like myself) i follow a moral code that can actually be used to determine right from wrong. If god told you to rape little girls and kill them (like he did in the old testament) would you do it?

I know the reason given in the bible

actually it does. specifically what part is a logical fallacy and which one. Otherwise i will simply conclude you don't know what your talking about.

Oh God save me from your followers.

You still sound sophomoric.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You still sound sophomoric.
And you sound like someone who would turn his own morality inside out if you thought it was a command from god. Just like those crusaders and witch hunters because they thought it was a command from god.

i make this judgment based off what you have said

You twist it to apply it to God, when you are really on dangerous territory. Look up the definition of God: does it say God is human? So, why are you applying GOD to the same standard as a MAN? A god is perfect in power, so if the Most High God says to kill a bunch of people, how can you as a man question it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CaliforniaSun

Feb 24, 2011
✟2,613.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Pssst -- when he has nothing to say, he shows it by flaming -- ;)
Don't get upset by truth, AV. I'm just stating facts.
After all, you aren't telling me it's been atheists shoving their beliefs down everyone's throats, including Muslims? Nah... They had it in for you, guys. Everyone else just paid the consequences.

Upvote 0

NNSV

Feb 5, 2011
✟15,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And you sound like someone who would turn his own morality inside out if you thought it was a command from god. Just like those crusaders and witch hunters because they thought it was a command from god.

i make this judgeship based off what you have said

You wish. You really wish I was like that so it can justify you rejecting even the concept of god. Like I said before, you don't even know why God told the Israelites to kill the Amorites because all you can see is "God is telling me to kill someone..." So, I know you will never understand. Ever.

You think your own moral code is perfect, or at least better than mine. That's fine I could care less. You say that it allows you to know right from wrong. You are kidding yourself into thinking you are your own deity, and perfect in knowledge of good and evil. You need faith-believers to be invalidated so that you can validate your own thoughts against spirituality. Otherwise, why would you care about something you don't believe in? Like I said before, you sound like you are trying to use sarcasm and smugness to cover up your existential crisis.

I don't believe in Islam, but I am not going on a crusade against Muslims, even after 9/11. Your hate for faith is blinding you so much. All you are doing is crying about something you don't believe in, which makes you look desperate for attention or validation. You may not even realize it, which make it sort of comical and sad at the same time. It is too bad; if you didn't come off as ignorant a very intelligent conversation could have happened. Some of the same questions about spirituality you have I had before I became a believer. But, alas you choose to be like a cliche unbeliever that blindly attacks faith no matter what.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Otherwise, why would you care about something you don't believe in?
This argument shows itself when one has no more ground to stand on. (namely yourself)

Perhaps realizing that belief is held by people and people have casual influence, then you would realize it is important to care about something one doesn't personalty believe when others do.

For example, i care when people say they shouldn't question a request from god when that request is killing others. For when those who speak for god call for blood there are very real consequences regardless of gods existence.

another more mild example is that religion is hurting Americas stance in the world because science is not properly being funded. this will have a very real effect in the future.

So yes i care what people think even if i don't believe it myself.

Upvote 0

TravisD

Happy Child
Nov 3, 2009
Korea
✟11,733.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Muslim boys are raised to be Muslims until they are 16 years old, they are then asked if they would like to remain Muslims, what do you think 99.99999999% of them say?

It makes sense to believe that we were created.

Why would the idea that you were created even cross your mind? but it didn't did it? someone else put the idea into your head.

We were born... so we may ask ourselves... "Mom and Dad created me, but who created them?" When the alternative is random happenstance, Creation is an easy choice for me.

What faith is needed to be an Atheist? faith in what? faith that there's nothing there to have faith in?

Faith as in "having a firm belief in something without proof". Proving God does not exist is impossible.

So there is no need to ask because you would definitely say you were not being even slightly delusional?

Delusional because I believe in a Creator and I believe the Bible? Does my faith make me appear delusional to you? I guess I can see where it might seem that way.

Don't you think that your being ever so slightly delusional in believing the unbelievable? do you ever truly think about what it is that you believe or are you just going through the motions? you believe everything is here for your benifit, OK.
100-120 years max, you don't want much then.

No.. actually... I think about my beliefs constantly. I question them, sometimes I validate them, sometimes I question them more. It may seem unbelievable to you, but it's the complete opposite for me.

I want a lot! I want eternal life. I want what God gave to me. The ultimate sacrifice of his son, Jesus Christ. I humbly accept that gift for my eternal salvation. That's far more than I will ever deserve.

So you believe that the God your parents told you about will give you that? Why? why should there even be a God?

Yes, because of my faith and belief in what the Bible says.
God gives us purpose, a reason to exist and a reason for morals.

we both know why you are so desperate to believe that there is a God so I don't need to say anything other than if it makes you happy go with it.

It makes me very happy and I'm running with it:)

I wonder if I will get a reprimand for asking you so many question?

I hope not because then I might get a reprimand for answering them all:)

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
We were born... so we may ask ourselves... "Mom and Dad created me, but who created them?" When the alternative is random happenstance, Creation is an easy choice for me.
evolution isn't random.

Faith as in "having a firm belief in something without proof". Proving God does not exist is impossible.
Yes but we can rule out specific gods through various means.

I want a lot! I want eternal life. I want what God gave to me. The ultimate sacrifice of his son, Jesus Christ. I humbly accept that gift for my eternal salvation. That's far more than I will ever deserve.
so do i. imortality would rock. But there is too much that i find contrived about the whole story. It has too many holes and is not well thought out. I find popular culture handles christian mythos much better
God gives us purpose, a reason to exist and a reason for morals.
putting the decision if something is right or wrong in the hands of an arguable nonexistent being is dangerous. There are too many Christians who would go on a murder rampage if they thought god asked them to do it. Morality is something that CAN be understood but not if you put it in the hands of others to dictate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wensdee

Jan 24, 2011
✟595.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It makes sense to believe that we were created.
I think you live in a dream world but that's OK because it's your life and you must live it as you see fit, it's your choice, you can change it anytime you like, or can you?
Then that must also apply to the FSM and to everything and anything our imaginations can ever imagine, who knows there might even be an invisible rinklypinklywoofwoof standing right next to me? well there's no proof that there isn't is there? I would rather not go down that road or send my kids there, not making me religious is one thing I will always thank my parents for.

Upvote 0

Nostromo

Brian Blessed can take a hike
Nov 19, 2009
Yorkshire
✟17,838.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm pretty sure there are recent threads discussing this, including why atheism isn't a position of faith.
This might seem a bit too obvious, but what's wrong with "their Mom and Dad"?

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't get upset by truth, AV. I'm just stating facts.
After all, you aren't telling me it's been atheists shoving their beliefs down everyone's throats, including Muslims? Nah... They had it in for you, guys. Everyone else just paid the consequences.

Atheists are continually trying to "shove their beliefs down everyone's throats" in every arena of life. After all this is CHRISTIAN forums is it not and YOU are HERE. WE are NOT in an ATHEISTS forum now are we? No, the ATHEISTS are HERE in CHRISTIAN forums trying to SHOVE DOWN OUR THROATS THEIR AGENDA AND THEIR DOGMA. And all one has to do is look at the the ONSLAUGHT of ATHEISTS beliefs online trying to SHOVE DOWN EVERYONE'S THROATS THEIR AGENDA AND THEIR DOGMA. I don't think if you included ALL of history there would be as much SHOVING DOWN THROATS from ALL of Christianity as there has been from the assault of the atheists in this generation. So get back in your corner we are NOT receiving your punches here. Look in the mirror. It has been ungodly men pulling the punches all down through history under one name or another and it is the religion of atheism that is now rearing it's head. Same devil behind it as was with those who flew the planes into the tower... just another name tag.

Upvote 0

wensdee

Jan 24, 2011
✟595.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It has been ungodly men pulling the punches all down through history under one name or another and it is the religion of atheism that is now rearing it's head. Same devil behind it as was with those who flew the planes into the tower... just another name tag.
You are so so right, if you've seen one religion you've seen them all, all touting pretty near the same message, believe in mine and you will have this, this and this and as a bonus you will get this.

All this for just a few dollars, who could ask for more? please make cheques payable to this name if you don't have cash, your God needs your money, it's a case of pray for us and pay for us, you know it makes sense because our God loves you, praise the lord, [John that lady over there wants to put money in your box] God bless you lovely lady your reward awaits you in heaven, [when the box is full John go out the side door Dan will have the engine running] please be generous because you know the more you give the greater will be your reward in heaven, God bless you all.

The Atheist religion is a little different [trust them to be different] there are no rewards, all they can look forward to is certain death so who in their right mind would choose to be an Atheist?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nostromo

Brian Blessed can take a hike
Nov 19, 2009
Yorkshire
✟17,838.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Atheists are continually trying to "shove their beliefs down everyone's throats" in every arena of life. After all this is CHRISTIAN forums is it not and YOU are HERE. WE are NOT in an ATHEISTS forum now are we? No, the ATHEISTS are HERE in CHRISTIAN forums trying to SHOVE DOWN OUR THROATS THEIR AGENDA AND THEIR DOGMA.
It's a forum for discussions about Christianity. Isn't this the Creation & Evolution subforum where supporters of Evolution discuss things with supporters of Creation? Doesn't it say at the top somewhere that "This forum is open to non-believers"?

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's a forum for discussions about Christianity. Isn't this the Creation & Evolution subforum where supporters of Evolution discuss things with supporters of Creation? Doesn't it say at the top somewhere that "This forum is open to non-believers"?
Yes but we are heathens and the scum of the earth and we eat kittens for breakfast ;)^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,132.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0