Harder To Build: Noah's Ark or Tower of Babel?

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Which one was harder to build:

Noahs Ark or Tower of Babel and why?
Hmmm. Not sure it matters, but I enjoy thought-provoking questions. I would say Noah's Ark is more difficult because it required faith in the presence of world-wide rejection, and perhaps even opposition.

On the other hand, a Tower of Babel has the full support of the world. Piece of cake...

Reactions: markbrewer
Upvote 0

Cptheg3

Feb 11, 2024
Fort Lauderdale
✟1,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm. Not sure it matters, but I enjoy thought-provoking questions. I would say Noah's Ark is more difficult because it required faith in the presence of world-wide rejection, and perhaps even opposition.

On the other hand, a Tower of Babel has the full support of the world. Piece of cake...
Those are some excellent points. And I agree with that. I also think after God confused their language it probably got harder for them to build the tower of babel. Another friend of mines also said Noah's Ark was a little easy since God gave instructions on how to build it. But cant wait to see other peoples views too. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: RandyPNW
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those are some excellent points. And I agree with that. I also think after God confused their language it probably got harder for them to build the tower of babel. Another friend of mines also said Noah's Ark was a little easy since God gave instructions on how to build it. But cant wait to see other peoples views too. Thanks for the response.
I liked your response as well. Thanks. I do think that when we serve God we get some help from above. And when sinners sin, things don't go quite as smoothly as they would like. :)

Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you had to take a wild guess. Its not a right or wrong answer. Just brainstorming.
Well if I was just to guess, I’d say the ark…
Don’t ask me why, I don’t know. It just seems like it would be lol!

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which one was harder to build:

Noahs Ark or Tower of Babel and why?
At the most, Noah had 3 men to help him build the ark - which got finished.
Lots of people started to build the tower of Babel and there is no indication that they ever finished it. In fact, they probably didn't because their aim was to make a tower that reached to heaven. When the Lord confused their language, they stopped building the city.

Upvote 0

Cptheg3

Feb 11, 2024
Fort Lauderdale
✟1,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If someone decides to build a 12 story house,
and builds it by themselves (with their sons helping, of course);

is that easier or more difficult than
having a hundred fifty men with their families come together to build a very large barn ?

In the world, there is humongous support to build ungodly religion, buildings, even whole cities, after the way of the world --- tons of money available and used willy-nilly (for instance, military pursuits, missiles, planes, tanks, or automobile factories , or toy factories, or gambling devices .... )

but those monies spent on war, entertainment, sports, banks, etc etc etc
totally dwarfs all the money spent on what is good. Few care at all.
But one can also say after God confused their language without the technology or even interpretation, etc at that very moment, it was very hard to build the tower even with hundreds of people being together. But I agree with everyone that Noah's Ark was harder to build due to it being a faith based thing from the start.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cptheg3

Feb 11, 2024
Fort Lauderdale
✟1,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who then are you agreeing with ? Who said faith is "hard" ?
Having faith isnt a easy thing especially for a babe in Christ. Just take a look at all the disciples in their first couple of years walking with Christ who was in the flesh and it was still hard for them.

Im agreeing that the people who said Noah's Ark is harder to build before God confused the peoples language that wanted to build the tower of Babel. But I would say the Tower is harder because God brought confusion while Noah had clear instructions on how to build it, found grace and heard God's voice. Building something with others without understanding is way much tougher, can lead to arguments, etc which can lead to it not even being built.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Insofar as Noah’s Ark is a typological symbol of the Church, whereas the Tower of Babel typologically symbolizes human hubris, the Ark would be almost infinitely more difficult to build, except for the Holy Spirit, which ensures its success.

Upvote 0