Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I'm not really interested here in getting involved in Calvinistic type of discussion. I do that in other threads and on other sites. This area is about Word of Faith and would like to leave it at that.
Do you mean to say the Word of faith movement to which I belong, doesn't accept God's word which speaks about His eternal plan & purpose?

Note: I've never read anything about who Calvin is or any of his propositions.

May I know why you see God's eternal plan & purpose as calvinism rather than God's holy Writ?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Do you mean to say the Word of faith movement to which I belong, doesn't accept God's word which speaks about His eternal plan & purpose?

Note: I've never read anything about who Calvin is or any of his propositions.
Not accepting that even in the slightest. I've seen your posts in the Calvinistic thread and you tried that claim there that you're ignorant of Calvinsitic claims. And yet you also have a Tulip as your avatar. Sorry I wasn't born yesterday and if you don't know what that colloquial expression means you can look it up.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Not accepting that even in the slightest. I've seen your posts in the Calvinistic thread and you tried that claim there that you're ignorant of Calvinsitic claims. And yet you also have a Tulip as your avatar. Sorry I wasn't born yesterday and if you don't know what that colloquial expression means you can look it up.
Are you sure it's a tulip and not a red rose? Do you need to attend a course in botany?

Secondly, is God's faithfulness which is His promises will be certainly fulfilled, mean His promises were made in an unchanging eternity rather than in time in which change happens?

Are we worshipping an eternal God or One who exists only in time?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Are you sure it's a tulip and not a red rose? Do you need to attend a course in botany?

Secondly, is God's faithfulness which is His promises will be certainly fulfilled, mean His promises were made in an unchanging eternity rather than in time in which change happens?

Are we worshipping an eternal God or One who exists only in time?

OK you got me on the botany! You didn't however on the more important point that you're seeking to force Calvinsitic thinking into this forum and thread.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
OK you got me on the botany! You didn't however on the more important point that you're seeking to force Calvinsitic thinking into this forum and thread.

Hey Bobber... I am Word of Faith... and your probably right about the Calvinist thing but there is some fellowshipping along the way. He does have some truth, it's just a little hard to find sometimes. We are keeping and eye on him. We can still be friends, right? Sometimes we just agree to disagree with each other and get along.

Welcome to the forum...

Harry

Word of Faith.gif

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Are you finding it difficult to believe God's faithfulness extends back to His eternal plan & purpose and not exists only in time?

Are you seeing with faith or seeing something called calvinism in flowers & posts, of which I'm ignorant?

If God's promises were simply made in time, won't it render God's faithfulness meaningless because time involves change?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Hey Bobber... I am Word of Faith... and your probably right about the Calvinist thing but there is some fellowshipping along the way. He does have some truth, it's just a little hard to find sometimes. We are keeping and eye on him. We can still be friends, right? Sometimes we just agree to disagree with each other and get along.

Welcome to the forum...

Harry

He does have some truth, it's just a little hard to find sometimes
Does it appear as "some truth" & not whole truth only because it's just a little hard to find sometimes?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Are you finding it difficult to believe God's faithfulness.....

Nope I have no problem believing in God's faithfulness but thanks for your not considering that people may just have a different understanding of what God's faithfulness means.

Now a question for you. Or maybe I should say "questions"?

How long are you going to play the Socrates method of communication that makes EVERYTHING a question????

Do you find it a wonderful way to control and force a conversation to go your way trying to put everyone be on the defense ???

Will we EVER see you just make a clear, straight statement????????

Socrates method is fine....overdone it's most bothersome.

So....will I get back from you another question? Nice to see if you'll just say what you mean instead of playing games.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Welcome to the forum...

Harry

Hi....yeah I'd like to believe we all could and I am friends with Calvinists. It's just that I've talked to some in forums more in line with that theme and in other web sites and I was hoping coming here I'd see discussions of what the forum is about.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Because they had not heard Kenneth Copeland's preaching! :)

Prosperity theology was unknown in the early church of the First Century.

Not only like the post, but it's awesome! Who says that we can't have a little fun?

Word of Faith.gif

• Agree
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Not only like the post, but it's awesome! Who says that we can't have a little fun?

I believe in seed faith, but the harvest comes from the particular type of seed sown. If I sow seeds of kindness and gentleness, then I will reap a harvest of kindness and gentleness from others. If I sow a seed of helping a neighbour, then I will reap assistance from neighbours when I need it. In the same way, when the Holy Spirit asks me to give a financial donation, then when I need financial help, then it will come to me. That is in accordance with the Scripture that says that we reap what we sow.

I am a Presbyterian. That means that I have to keep a careful watch on my wallet to ensure that the moth doesn't fly out! :)

But in a conference, the Holy Spirit asked me to contribute my lunch money to the offering. It was only $10, but it was my lunch money, and so I gave, but wondered how I was going to have any lunch. I would probably have to get all spiritual and fast!

What happened was that I was offered two lunches. When I got to work I found that my salary had increased $12,000 per year, and a month later, as a speaker in another conference, my share of the love offering for speakers was around $300! So, I sowed $10, and reaped pressed down and running over!

But I don't believe a preacher manipulating people into giving to his ministry and his personal wealth by promising prosperity through it. The principle that Jesus taught was that we give generously for sure, but not to expect any kind of repayment. Actually it is more blessed to give to someone who can never pay us back. But if God decides to reward us by allowing us to reap what we sowed, then that is from His sovereign will, rather than God being a pokey machine in which we put in our dollars and expecting a jackpot later on! The trouble with prosperity preachers who manipulate good people out of their money with the promise of prosperity, they are the only ones who receive the jackpot!! Just like the guys at the top of the pyramid of pyramid marketing, while the ones down at the bottom get nothing for their investment.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Nope I have no problem believing in God's faithfulness but thanks for your not considering that people may just have a different understanding of what God's faithfulness means.

Now a question for you. Or maybe I should say "questions"?

How long are you going to play the Socrates method of communication that makes EVERYTHING a question????

Do you find it a wonderful way to control and force a conversation to go your way trying to put everyone be on the defense ???

Will we EVER see you just make a clear, straight statement????????

Socrates method is fine....overdone it's most bothersome.

So....will I get back from you another question? Nice to see if you'll just say what you mean instead of playing games.
Nope I have no problem believing in God's faithfulness

You refer to His faithfulness backed up by an unchanging eternal plan & purpose or one that is not backed up by an unchanging eternal plan?

Socrates method of communication that makes EVERYTHING a question????

Do questions help the questioner to grow in faith? Do we have to see Socrates or faith in questions?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
When questions are overdone you don't think it can't be counter productive instead of telling people straight what you mean???
Do you want the questioner to grow in faith or to tell others about faith?

How are questions counter productive when the questioner grows in faith?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I believe in seed faith, but the harvest comes from the particular type of seed sown. If I sow seeds of kindness and gentleness, then I will reap a harvest of kindness and gentleness from others. If I sow a seed of helping a neighbour, then I will reap assistance from neighbours when I need it. In the same way, when the Holy Spirit asks me to give a financial donation, then when I need financial help, then it will come to me. That is in accordance with the Scripture that says that we reap what we sow.

I am a Presbyterian. That means that I have to keep a careful watch on my wallet to ensure that the moth doesn't fly out! :)

But in a conference, the Holy Spirit asked me to contribute my lunch money to the offering. It was only $10, but it was my lunch money, and so I gave, but wondered how I was going to have any lunch. I would probably have to get all spiritual and fast!

What happened was that I was offered two lunches. When I got to work I found that my salary had increased $12,000 per year, and a month later, as a speaker in another conference, my share of the love offering for speakers was around $300! So, I sowed $10, and reaped pressed down and running over!

But I don't believe a preacher manipulating people into giving to his ministry and his personal wealth by promising prosperity through it. The principle that Jesus taught was that we give generously for sure, but not to expect any kind of repayment. Actually it is more blessed to give to someone who can never pay us back. But if God decides to reward us by allowing us to reap what we sowed, then that is from His sovereign will, rather than God being a pokey machine in which we put in our dollars and expecting a jackpot later on! The trouble with prosperity preachers who manipulate good people out of their money with the promise of prosperity, they are the only ones who receive the jackpot!! Just like the guys at the top of the pyramid of pyramid marketing, while the ones down at the bottom get nothing for their investment.

promise of prosperity

Hasn't God promised prosperity because of Christ's death & resurrection?

Aren't preachers blessed with jets & mansions by God based upon Christ's death & resurrection (faithfulness) & not because of the preacher's faithfulness?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Nice

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Do you want the questioner to grow in faith or to tell others about faith?

Is that really what you're wanting for me to help you to do? And shouldn't the questioner make a direct statement about what they believe about anything?

How are questions counter productive when the questioner grows in faith?

Oh is that what any of us have a possibility to do with you?? Aren't we right in assessing you've already made up your mind about EVERYTHING???

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hasn't God promised prosperity because of Christ's death & resurrection?

Aren't preachers blessed with jets & mansions by God based upon Christ's death & resurrection (faithfulness) & not because of the preacher's faithfulness?
Where in the New Testament does it say that God promises automatic material prosperity for every believer? Also, where in the book of Acts does it show any examples of the Apostles using the money given through their ministry for their own increase in wealth? Paul gathered money from the Gentle believers, but it was for the support of the believers in Jerusalem who were suffering financial loss because of their faith and a famine that was happening at the time.

Upvote 0