Washington
✟220,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I spent money and many hours finding my evidence, and I am not just going to hand it all over to you. You would not appreciate it anyway. If you want it earn it.
Money well wasted.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of those who are unable to marry on earth. Those who choose to remain single are disobedient.
There are people who have good reason to remain single and I am sure God will take those reasons in to consideration.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There are people who have good reason to remain single and I am sure God will take those reasons in to consideration.

God never demanded marriage in order to be in His presence!! He has nothing to consider!!Your prophets made that demand.

“Marriage is the grandest, most glorious, and most exalting principle connected with the gospel. It is that which the Lord holds in reserve for those who become his sons and daughters; all others are servants only, even if they gain salvation. They do not become members of the household of our Father and our God, if they refuse to receive the celestial covenant of marriage."
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, comp. Bruce R. McConkie, Vol. 2, p. 59, Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1954–56

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
God never demanded marriage in order to be in His presence!! He has nothing to consider!!Your prophets made that demand.

“Marriage is the grandest, most glorious, and most exalting principle connected with the gospel. It is that which the Lord holds in reserve for those who become his sons and daughters; all others are servants only, even if they gain salvation. They do not become members of the household of our Father and our God, if they refuse to receive the celestial covenant of marriage."
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, comp. Bruce R. McConkie, Vol. 2, p. 59, Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1954–56
God will not force anyone to be where He is.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
D&C 132
4 For behold, I reveal unto you a new and an everlasting covenant; and if ye abide not that covenant, then are ye damned; for no one can reject this covenant and be permitted to enter into my glory.

How you define damned makes no difference. They disobeyed your god and have to
accept the punishment.

“If properly received, this covenant becomes the means of the greatest happiness. The greatest honor in this life, and in the life to come-honor, dominion, and power in perfect love-are the blessings which come out of it. These blessings of eternal glory are held in reserve for those who are willing to abide in this and all other covenants of the gospel. Others shall not be so blessed.

“Marriage is the grandest, most glorious, and most exalting principle connected with the gospel. It is that which the Lord holds in reserve for those who become his sons and daughters; all others are servants only, even if they gain salvation. They do not become members of the household of our Father and our God, if they refuse to receive the celestial covenant of marriage.

"The Lord has informed us through his servants the prophets, that all things are governed by law. His house is a house of order, because all things within are obedient to law. He will not accept at the hand of man, an offering, vow, or contract, which is not entered into in accordance with the laws which govern in his kingdom and which he, the Lord, has established. Man-made obligations and agreements, in which the Lord does not enter, and which were not made by him, or by his word, which is his law, shall come to an end when men are dead."
If you choose not to be married you will not be able to do all the glorious things a married couple will be able to do in the highest level of the Celestial kingdom. The Celestial kingdom is divided into 3 levels. Single people can inhabit the 2 lower levels, but not the highest level.

Even in the Celestial kingdom, if you are not in the highest level (those who took upon them the everlasting covenant of marriage) your progress will be damned, and you will not be able to move forward from you chosen station. Not so in the highest level. You will have the opportunity to progress eternally.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, they are just not wise.

So you believe that disobedience is no longer a sin; you believe it is only an unwise decision? That is not what your church teaches.

LDS Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual Enrichment G, copyright 1981, p. 395.gif

LDS Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual, copyright 1981, Enrichment G, p. 395

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

So people have good reasons to disobey God? According to Mormonism, did Adam have a good reason to disobey God? How could he, without a knowledge of good and evil, know whether he should obey or disobey? Mormons say that God wanted him to disobey. Why would God want someone to disobey?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Why did Joseph Smith lie and lie and lie about what God said? mmksparbud didn't lie; she told the truth and you chose to attack her character.
Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Do you believe that mmksparbud is a prophetess of God? Does she know what God said and did not say? Even Joseph Smith did not tell God what He did not say. No one knows what God did not say. Has anyone been with God long enough to tell anyone what He did not say? I called her bluff because it was a bluff.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So people have good reasons to disobey God? According to Mormonism, did Adam have a good reason to disobey God? How could he, without a knowledge of good and evil, know whether he should obey or disobey? Mormons say that God wanted him to disobey. Why would God want someone to disobey?
As you well know we believe that people will have the opportunity to be married in the next life. Do you believe it is disobedience if a person can't obey? What if a person is forced into a situation where they can't obey? God knows our heart, our mind, and our situation. He knows who does His will and who doesn't. He knows who is working on being perfect and who isn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As you well know we believe that people will have the opportunity to be married in the next life. Do you believe it is disobedience if a person can't obey? What if a person is forced into a situation where they can't obey? God knows our heart, our mind, and our situation. He knows who does His will and who doesn't. He knows who is working on being perfect and who isn't.

Strawman.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you choose not to be married you will not be able to do all the glorious things a married couple will be able to do in the highest level of the Celestial kingdom.
What are all these "glorious things" that cannot be done at a different level by married people?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Strawman.
So you need an example? well there are countries where the male population outnumbers the female population such as China, and countries where the female population outnumbers the male population such as Curacao. They can't all get married. What about children forced to be munks:

Kids forced to become Buddhist monks

They are not the only situations either, there are many others. Your tactics are not helping your case.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,228,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
291351_bea506bf77911a43e319cd6831f5c666.png

This thread has undergone a clean do to multiple posts violating the following sitewide rule: Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So you need an example? well there are countries where the male population outnumbers the female population such as China, and countries where the female population outnumbers the male population such as Curacao. They can't all get married. What about children forced to be munks:

Kids forced to become Buddhist monks

They are not the only situations either, there are many others. Your tactics are not helping your case.

There is no example. You are the one making excuses. The fact of the matter is that this wasn't about people who are unable to marry. It is about choosing to obey or choosing not to obey. Buddhist monks are off-topic.

1 Nephi 3
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

8 And it came to pass that when my father had heard these words he was exceedingly glad, for he knew that I had been blessed of the Lord.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
There is no example. You are the one making excuses. The fact of the matter is that this wasn't about people who are unable to marry. It is about choosing to obey or choosing not to obey. Buddhist monks are off-topic.

1 Nephi 3
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

8 And it came to pass that when my father had heard these words he was exceedingly glad, for he knew that I had been blessed of the Lord.
And as I have already stated, God has prepared a way for everyone to to accomplish the thing which He commanded them. That includes those who die in infancy. Just like He prepared a way for us to be forgiven by proxy for our sins through the blood atonement of His Son Jesus Christ. So is the proxt work being done for those who did not have the opportunity to do it for themselves in this life. Sadly there will probably still be people who will disobey when given the opportunity to be with God.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
And as I have already stated, God has prepared a way for everyone to to accomplish the thing which He commanded them. That includes those who die in infancy. Just like He prepared a way for us to be forgiven by proxy for our sins through the blood atonement of His Son Jesus Christ. So is the proxt work being done for those who did not have the opportunity to do it for themselves in this life. Sadly there will probably still be people who will disobey when given the opportunity to be with God.

Hmmm---again---LDS believe in by proxy for marriage, and by proxy for our sins through the blood of Jesus---but you refuse to believe that the baptism of Jesus, who had no sin to repent of and needed no baptism, can not be applied to those who were unable to be baptized---a very strange inconsistency there. His baptism certainly can be applied by proxy for those who could not.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm---again---LDS believe in by proxy for marriage, and by proxy for our sins through the blood of Jesus---but you refuse to believe that the baptism of Jesus, who had no sin to repent of and needed no baptism, can not be applied to those who were unable to be baptized---a very strange inconsistency there. His baptism certainly can be applied by proxy for those who could not.
The Bible states there is indeed a way that proxy baptisms are done:

(New Testament | Hebrews 6:1 - 3)

1 THEREFORE leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:29)

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

We know that there is a resurrection and that people are baptized by proxy for the dead.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Bible states there is indeed a way that proxy baptisms are done:

(New Testament | Hebrews 6:1 - 3)

1 THEREFORE leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:29)

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

We know that there is a resurrection and that people are baptized by proxy for the dead.

Still cling to that do you---even though it's ben shown over and over to you that it is not saying what you think it says. |
Again. Jesus is the proxy---for our sins and for baptisms that could not happen., Your ritual is just that, an unneeded ritual. Jesus has already provided for those that could not be baptized.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Still cling to that do you---even though it's ben shown over and over to you that it is not saying what you think it says. |
Again. Jesus is the proxy---for our sins and for baptisms that could not happen., Your ritual is just that, an unneeded ritual. Jesus has already provided for those that could not be baptized.
Yes Jesus did provide a way for proxy baptism giving us the opportunity to do that for the dead.

Upvote 0