Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Are you unable to answer the question or is this another one that you don't want to answer? Try again.

Do you believe that single people have obeyed every law, commandment, and ordinance of God? Marriage for time and eternity is a commandment.
I suspect you did not understand the answer. Marriage for time and eternity can still be obeyed/performed a thousand years or more after a person has died. It need not happen during our lifetime.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I suspect you did not understand the answer. Marriage for time and eternity can still be obeyed/performed a thousand years or more after a person has died. It need not happen during our lifetime.

That is not the point. You said there are single people in your god's presence. Sinners are not in his presence. The only ones in the "Church of the Firstborn" have already been married for time and eternity.

COMPLETE OBEDIENCE BRINGS ETERNAL LIFE.
But to be exalted one must keep the whole law.
This is the great love he shows forth for his children: notwithstanding they sin and close their eyes against the truth, yet his arm is stretched out still, and he will feel after them and bring them back if they will keep his commandments; and if not, he will do for them just the best he can. Is going to bless them with all it is possible to give, and all shall be saved*; all others will receive a place somewhere and it will be glorious unto them, but to receive the exaltation of the righteous, in other words eternal life, the commandments of the Lord must be kept in all things.
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, p.6

*resurrected

D&C 82
7 And now, verily I say unto you, I, the Lord, will not lay any sin to your charge; go your ways and sin no more; but unto that soul who sinneth shall the former sins return, saith the Lord your God.

PoGP, Abraham 4
27 So the Gods went down to organize man in their own image, in the image of the Gods to form they him, male and female to form they them.

28 And the Gods said: We will bless them. And the Gods said: We will cause them to be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and to have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

CONCERNING THE FALL (According to Joseph Smith):

Moses 5
10 And in that day Adam blessed God and was filled, and began to prophesy concerning all the families of the earth, saying: Blessed be the name of God, for because of my transgression my eyes are opened, and in this life I shall have joy, and again in the flesh I shall see God.

11 And Eve, his wife, heard all these things and was glad, saying: Were it not for our transgression we never should have had seed, and never should have known good and evil, and the joy of our redemption, and the eternal life which God giveth unto all the obedient.

There are NO single people who have eternal life. There are NO sinners allowed in your god's presence because he can't tolerate sin.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
In the temple we do proxy baptisms for the dead. We also do proxy sealings for the dead. Most of the ordinances we do in the temple are for the dead. That being said, due to the COVID 19 outbreak, only live ordinances are being performed in the temple at this time.

This does not answer my question. You said the weddings do not have to take place in this life!! Now---how can they happen in the next life where there are no marriages!! Please do not sidestep anymore, just answer the question and if you do wish to answer it, than say so!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

There are no single people in your god's presence. Thousands or millions or billions of years has NOTHING to do with it!

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that single people have obeyed every law, commandment, and ordinance of God? Marriage for time and eternity is a commandment.

D&C 132
17 For these angels did not abide my law; therefore, they cannot be enlarged, but remain separately and singly, without exaltation, in their saved condition, to all eternity; and from henceforth are not gods, but are angels of God forever and ever.

Ama 45
16 And he said: Thus saith the Lord God—Cursed shall be the land, yea, this land, unto every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, unto destruction, which do wickedly, when they are fully ripe; and as I have said so shall it be; for this is the cursing and the blessing of God upon the land, for the Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance.

Doctrine and Civenants 1
31 For I the Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance.
Marriage is a commandment if you wish to reach the highest level of the Celestial kingdom.

Many in the church will decide to remain single for eternity, but will be exalted in their sphere in the lower levels of the Celestial kingdom.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This does not answer my question. You said the weddings do not have to take place in this life!! Now---how can they happen in the next life where there are no marriages!! Please do not sidestep anymore, just answer the question and if you do wish to answer it, than say so!
The scripture does not say there will be no marriages. The scriptures says that there will be no more marrying after the resurrection. So if you want to be married, do it before the final resurrection. Then you will go into the eternal life married.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The scripture does not say there will be no marriages. The scriptures says that there will be no more marrying after the resurrection. So if you want to be married, do it before the final resurrection. Then you will go into the eternal life married.

The statement that was made is this:

Marriage for time and eternity does not need to be completed during this life.

Now, I've asked and asked---how will they be married in the next life? There is no marrying in the next life, which will be after the resurrection---that is the next life. So again, how is this supposed to happen?? Please quite trying to act like you don't understand the question, you very much do understand. Now, if you have no answer, please say so. So have painted yourself into a corner. You've sidestepped enough!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Marriage is a commandment if you wish to reach the highest level of the Celestial kingdom.

Many in the church will decide to remain single for eternity, but will be exalted in their sphere in the lower levels of the Celestial kingdom.

You are using the word exalted with a definition entirely different than the standard Mormon definition. You can obfuscate all you want. I encourage people who have questions to private message me and look at the links I provide.

Exaltation is eternal life, the kind of life God lives. He lives in great glory. He is perfect. He possesses all knowledge and all wisdom. He is the Father of spirit children. He is a creator. We can become like our Heavenly Father. This is exaltation.

If we prove faithful to the Lord, we will live in the highest degree of the celestial kingdom of heaven. We will become exalted, to live with our Heavenly Father in eternal families. Exaltation is the greatest gift that Heavenly Father can give His children (see D&C 14:7).
Chapter 47: Exaltation

LDS Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual Enrichment G, p. 395.gif

LDS Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual, Enrichment G, c. 1981, p. 395

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That is not the point. You said there are single people in your god's presence. Sinners are not in his presence. The only ones in the "Church of the Firstborn" have already been married for time and eternity.

But to be exalted one must keep the whole law. This is the great love he shows forth for his children: notwithstanding they sin and close their eyes against the truth, yet his arm is stretched out still, and he will feel after them and bring them back if they will keep his commandments; and if not, he will do for them just the best he can. Is going to bless them with all it is possible to give, and all shall be saved*; all others will receive a place somewhere and it will be glorious unto them, but to receive the exaltation of the righteous, in other words eternal life, the commandments of the Lord must be kept in all things.

*resurrected

D&C 82
7 And now, verily I say unto you, I, the Lord, will not lay any sin to your charge; go your ways and sin no more; but unto that soul who sinneth shall the former sins return, saith the Lord your God.

PoGP, Abraham 4
27 So the Gods went down to organize man in their own image, in the image of the Gods to form they him, male and female to form they them.

28 And the Gods said: We will bless them. And the Gods said: We will cause them to be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and to have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Moses 5
10 And in that day Adam blessed God and was filled, and began to prophesy concerning all the families of the earth, saying: Blessed be the name of God, for because of my transgression my eyes are opened, and in this life I shall have joy, and again in the flesh I shall see God.

11 And Eve, his wife, heard all these things and was glad, saying: Were it not for our transgression we never should have had seed, and never should have known good and evil, and the joy of our redemption, and the eternal life which God giveth unto all the obedient.

There are NO single people who have eternal life. There are NO sinners allowed in your god's presence because he can't tolerate sin.
I did not say "there are single people in God's presence." Only people married for time and eternity can go to the celestial kingdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,386.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 11:11)

11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

I think even you know this is a bad use of the text. Paul is not referring to the marriage relationships between men and women here but instead how we are generally related to one another.

12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

Of course this doesn't do away with what Paul says in the exact same Epistle in recommending that it is good not to marry. An unthinkable piece of advice if Paul were truly thinking like a Mormon. My conclusion is thus that even if we presume Mormonism were true, that particular revelation about the essential quality of marriage was not given until Joseph Smith, along with Mormon Polygamy and Polyamory. The Apostles didn't teach such doctrines of marriage.

I'm wondering if you have any response to my previous post. A verse isolated from it's context is really no answer.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The statement that was made is this:

Now, I've asked and asked---how will they be married in the next life? There is no marrying in the next life, which will be after the resurrection---that is the next life. So again, how is this supposed to happen?? Please quite trying to act like you don't understand the question, you very much do understand. Now, if you have no answer, please say so. So have painted yourself into a corner. You've sidestepped enough!

I will start this answer out by stating your belief. If I am not wrong, you believe that when a person dies, they sleep until the resurrection, not giving them an opportunity to get married in the next life before the resurrection takes place.

We believe that when a person dies, their spirit lives on in the world of spirits. There they have perfect knowledge of their earth life and will live a life similar until the resurrection takes place.

It is in this world of spirits that a person can be married and through a proxy marriage ceremony in the temple can be married for time and all eternity.

Then comes the resurrection. Those that were married in the Lord while they were upon the earth or in the spirit world, will remain married in the highest kingdom of heaven.

Does that answer your question?[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I will start this answer out by stating your belief. If I am not wrong, you believe that when a person dies, they sleep until the resurrection, not giving them an opportunity to get married in the next life before the resurrection takes place.

We believe that when a person dies, their spirit lives on in the world of spirits. There they have perfect knowledge of their earth life and will live a life similar until the resurrection takes place.

It is in this world of spirits that a person can be married and through a proxy marriage ceremony in the temple can be married for time and all eternity.

Then comes the resurrection. Those that were married in the Lord while they were upon the earth or in the spirit world, will remain married in the highest kingdom of heaven.

Does that answer your question?
[/QUOTE]

If you go directly to heaven -- why the need for a resurrection? Like God can't give you another body? Esp. for those that died by fire, eaten by fish or other animal? I know yu will have most of Christianity whoi believes as you do.

Ecc_9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Job 14:10-12 "But man dies and lies prostrate Man expires, and where is he? "As water evaporates from the sea, And a river becomes parched and dried up, So man lies down and does not rise. Until the heavens are no longer, He will not awake nor be aroused out of his sleep.

Job 14:13-15
"Oh that You would hide me in Sheol, That You would conceal me until Your wrath returns to You, That You would set a limit for me and remember me! "If a man dies, will he live again? All the days of my struggle I will wait Until my change comes. "You will call, and I will answer You; You will long for the work of Your hands.

There are many mor5e---but that's OK---this thread is not about the state of the dead---I did forget your believe. Of course, the bible says no such thing, but then you only believe what JS---the sinless man---has to say.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I think even you know this is a bad use of the text. Paul is not referring to the marriage relationships between men and women here but instead how we are generally related to one another.

12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

Of course this doesn't do away with what Paul says in the exact same Epistle in recommending that it is good not to marry. An unthinkable piece of advice if Paul were truly thinking like a Mormon. My conclusion is thus that even if we presume Mormonism were true, that particular revelation about the essential quality of marriage was not given until Joseph Smith, along with Mormon Polygamy and Polyamory. The Apostles didn't teach such doctrines of marriage.

I'm wondering if you have any response to my previous post. A verse isolated from it's context is really no answer.
I believe that that verse does mean a lot in our doctrine. We know that Adam and Eve were married. We also know what God said about men with more than one wife:

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 21:15 - 21)

15 ¶ If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
16 Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:
17 But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.
18 ¶ If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

We also know that God gave David wives:

(Old Testament | 2 Samuel 12:8)

8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

Paul said it is better if missionaries are not married, not that marriage is altogether better.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,386.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe that that verse does mean a lot in our doctrine. We know that Adam and Eve were married. We also know what God said about men with more than one wife:

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 21:15 - 21)

15 ¶ If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
16 Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:
17 But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.
18 ¶ If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

We also know that God gave David wives:

(Old Testament | 2 Samuel 12:8)

8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

Paul said it is better if missionaries are not married, not that marriage is altogether better.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. Are you saying that these verses justify Polygamy? Since you consider it immoral to have multiple partners and to marry someone else' spouse I'll assume the second. Yes, God has given people spouses. Yet to some he has given none and even to those people whom he gave spouses he did not give them the Mormon rite of marriage (not even the Apostles had it as far as we can tell). We cannot infer from this a universal standard or mandate. The only thing we conclude is that it is a norm, a good norm but it isn't necessary.

Also, if you're contending that 1 Cor 7 is about Paul's advice to missionaries, I would like you to establish that.. His advice is to the community in general and he nowhere says something along the lines of "Now you missionaries, I say it is good to be unmarried when you are on mission." All we know about is a crisis within the community and Paul recommends not marrying. Is it a crisis that there were missionaries? In fact within the whole discussion Paul is having he says it's perfectly acceptable to marry, they do not sin, only that in being married their devotion to God is lessened because of their devotion to their wives:

1 Cor 7: An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. 33 But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife.

Paul goes beyond the crisis to give general advice about marriage. He is clearly arguing that if we marry our interests are divided. This is necessarily true since you cannot be devoted fully and wholly to God but must pay attention to your spouse regardless if you're a man or a woman. Paul clearly prefers and recommends celibacy but doesn't begrudge anyone who does marry because he understands human nature and clearly wants Christian families to exist and be fruitful (as he says elsewhere, the woman will be saved in childbearing).

So I'm confused how you can walk away interpreting Paul as suggesting that marriage is necessary. When he says it explicitly, it's better to be unmarried, as he seems to have been at the time. In fact, it's interesting that Paul says he has no command from the Lord concerning Virgins. It would have been the perfect place to expound a Mormon theology of marriage and stop the Christian emphasis on celibacy from the beginning. Instead all Paul succeeds in doing is giving justification to Christians to remain virgins and then later form monastic communities.

I would think as a Mormon it wouldn't be too controversial to maintain that the doctrine of marriage wasn't revealed until Joseph Smith. God's law and revelations are subject to change after all as Mormon history demonstrates. Couldn't Mormons, infer from Paul and Jesus' likely celibacy that it is a legitimate path to God and the highest exaltation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. Are you saying that these verses justify Polygamy? Since you consider it immoral to have multiple partners and to marry someone else' spouse I'll assume the second. Yes, God has given people spouses. Yet to some he has given none and even to those people whom he gave spouses he did not give them the Mormon rite of marriage (not even the Apostles had it as far as we can tell). We cannot infer from this a universal standard or mandate. The only thing we conclude is that it is a norm, a good norm but it isn't necessary.

Also, if you're contending that 1 Cor 7 is about Paul's advice to missionaries, I would like you to establish that.. His advice is to the community in general and he nowhere says something along the lines of "Now you missionaries, I say it is good to be unmarried when you are on mission." All we know about is a crisis within the community and Paul recommends not marrying. Is it a crisis that there were missionaries? In fact within the whole discussion Paul is having he says it's perfectly acceptable to marry, they do not sin, only that in being married their devotion to God is lessened because of their devotion to their wives:

1 Cor 7: An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. 33 But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife.

Paul goes beyond the crisis to give general advice about marriage. He is clearly arguing that if we marry our interests are divided. This is necessarily true since you cannot be devoted fully and wholly to God but must pay attention to your spouse regardless if you're a man or a woman. Paul clearly prefers and recommends celibacy but doesn't begrudge anyone who does marry because he understands human nature and clearly wants Christian families to exist and be fruitful (as he says elsewhere, the woman will be saved in childbearing).

So I'm confused how you can walk away interpreting Paul as suggesting that marriage is necessary. When he says it explicitly, it's better to be unmarried, as he seems to have been at the time. In fact, it's interesting that Paul says he has no command from the Lord concerning Virgins. It would have been the perfect place to expound a Mormon theology of marriage and stop the Christian emphasis on celibacy from the beginning. Instead all Paul succeeds in doing is giving justification to Christians to remain virgins and then later form monastic communities.

I would think as a Mormon it wouldn't be too controversial to maintain that the doctrine of marriage wasn't revealed until Joseph Smith. God's law and revelations are subject to change after all as Mormon history demonstrates. Couldn't Mormons, infer from Paul and Jesus' likely celibacy that it is a legitimate path to God and the highest exaltation?
You said: "Are you saying that these verses justify Polygamy?"

They absolutely justify polygamy. God does allow polygamy and most likely will again:

(Old Testament | Isaiah 4:1 - 2)

1 AND in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
2 In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

You said: "So I'm confused how you can walk away interpreting Paul as suggesting that marriage is necessary. When he says it explicitly, it's better to be unmarried, as he seems to have been at the time."

Did you forget that God gave us this commandment:

(Old Testament | Genesis 1:28)

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

That being said there are many people who never marry during their lifetime.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,386.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You said: "Are you saying that these verses justify Polygamy?"

They absolutely justify polygamy. God does allow polygamy and most likely will again:

(Old Testament | Isaiah 4:1 - 2)

1 AND in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
2 In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

You said: "So I'm confused how you can walk away interpreting Paul as suggesting that marriage is necessary. When he says it explicitly, it's better to be unmarried, as he seems to have been at the time."

Did you forget that God gave us this commandment:

(Old Testament | Genesis 1:28)

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

That being said there are many people who never marry during their lifetime.

With regard to Polygamy. Mormons don't practice polygamy and their members, on pain of excommunication (as I understand it), from marrying multiple partners. Obviously Polygamy at this moment is an immoral action, unjustifiable and contrary to God's law. At least per Mormonism today.

As regards Genesis, how is this a general commandment? As in, everyone has to do it or get punished for not listening to God? Why would then Paul recommend that it is good not to marry? Why does he seem to think that our interests are divided between our spouse and God?

I'm not sure we're really having a conversation at this point. You just keep repeating the same points as if it vindicates and answers what I've said. Is there any point continuing if you're not going address at least some of my concerns directly? Earlier I mentioned there seems to be a quadrilateral division of required love within Mormonism. That is, to achieve the highest salvation five entities are required to love each other equally. Heavenly Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, the Husband and the wife.

If the love of the wife is missing the man cannot achieve the highest exaltation. You also haven't addressed my Idea of the possibility that Jesus being celibate means he could have attained the highest exaltation in that state. Can you at least admit, until your Mormon leadership clarifies, that it is possible for the celibate and unmarried to attain the highest exaltation?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

But to be exalted one must keep the whole law. This is the great love he shows forth for his children: notwithstanding they sin and close their eyes against the truth, yet his arm is stretched out still, and he will feel after them and bring them back if they will keep his commandments; and if not, he will do for them just the best he can. Is going to bless them with all it is possible to give, and all shall be saved*; all others will receive a place somewhere and it will be glorious unto them, but to receive the exaltation of the righteous, in other words eternal life, the commandments of the Lord must be kept in all things.

*resurrected

D&C 82

PoGP, Abraham 4

Moses 5

You are mistaken about what is a sin. If a person chooses to remain single, that is his or her choice. I will keep them from the highest level of the Celestial kingdom, but not from being exalted. You continue to make this mistake. So now that you know, just stop it.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If you go directly to heaven -- why the need for a resurrection? Like God can't give you another body? Esp. for those that died by fire, eaten by fish or other animal? I know yu will have most of Christianity whoi believes as you do.

Ecc_9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Job 14:10-12 "But man dies and lies prostrate Man expires, and where is he? "As water evaporates from the sea, And a river becomes parched and dried up, So man lies down and does not rise. Until the heavens are no longer, He will not awake nor be aroused out of his sleep.

Job 14:13-15
"Oh that You would hide me in Sheol, That You would conceal me until Your wrath returns to You, That You would set a limit for me and remember me! "If a man dies, will he live again? All the days of my struggle I will wait Until my change comes. "You will call, and I will answer You; You will long for the work of Your hands.

There are many mor5e---but that's OK---this thread is not about the state of the dead---I did forget your believe. Of course, the bible says no such thing, but then you only believe what JS---the sinless man---has to say.
The spirit world is not heaven.

You think the resurrection is unnecessary? Funny Christian belief?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
With regard to Polygamy. Mormons don't practice polygamy and their members, on pain of excommunication (as I understand it), from marrying multiple partners. Obviously Polygamy at this moment is an immoral action, unjustifiable and contrary to God's law. At least per Mormonism today.

As regards Genesis, how is this a general commandment? As in, everyone has to do it or get punished for not listening to God? Why would then Paul recommend that it is good not to marry? Why does he seem to think that our interests are divided between our spouse and God?

I'm not sure we're really having a conversation at this point. You just keep repeating the same points as if it vindicates and answers what I've said. Is there any point continuing if you're not going address at least some of my concerns directly? Earlier I mentioned there seems to be a quadrilateral division of required love within Mormonism. That is, to achieve the highest salvation five entities are required to love each other equally. Heavenly Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, the Husband and the wife.

If the love of the wife is missing the man cannot achieve the highest exaltation. You also haven't addressed my Idea of the possibility that Jesus being celibate means he could have attained the highest exaltation in that state. Can you at least admit, until your Mormon leadership clarifies, that it is possible for the celibate and unmarried to attain the highest exaltation?
At this moment the Lord does not want us to practice plural marriage and so we don't.

Paul understands the full scope of what this life consists of. He does understand the concept of marriage and his choice was to be single. It was a very trying time and life was hard and bitter. Paul obviously thought it was better at that time to be single. Many of his congregation would be able to be married in the spirit world and for all eternity.

In order to be exalted to the highest level a man and a woman needed to be married. We believe that there is a triangular relationship with man and woman on the lower two points and God on the higher point. That brings God into the marriage and help the man and the woman in their journey.

We believe that Jesus will be married. The details have not been given to anyone yet on that event.

If you remain celebate, you can not be exalted to the highest level.

Upvote 0