Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Here is my birth story AND a photo of our sweet little guy.

It was a Tuesday morning. I had actually had a really good night's sleep. I was feeling bright and chipper and so was my 2 year old. She ate well for me that morning, we relaxed and enjoyed the day, I got a few loads of laundry in, and we both even got a pleasant nap in. When I woke up I remember thinking, 'I feel so rested, I could go into labor this evening and I wouldn't mind' but as evening carried on I figured it probably wasn't going to happen anyways. Fast forward to about 9:30 p.m. I was still feeling rested so I figured I'd continue catching up on more sleep so I told DH that I was going to bed. Around 11:30, hubby decided to go to bed and I was half-asleep while he was getting ready for bed. I felt a weird popping sensation inside and instantly the bed was flooded, yep at about 11:50ish my water broke. I exclaimed as quietly as possible (DD was asleep) "B-, it happened!" and thus began our adventure of labor and delivery.

My water didn't break with our firstborn so I did not really know what to expect other than what I'd researched online. I figured maybe it would be quite a while before contractions began and I was nervous that they'd have to give me pitocin to get labor started. I had planned as natural a birth as possible. I took my time getting ready, even down to the details of straightening my hair, then we woke up DD to take her over to my parents house. By the time we left the house a half hour later I had already had about 4-5 contractions. By the time we got to my parents house, my contractions were about 8 minutes apart already. And by the time we got halfway to the hospital, I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes! Needless to say, my husband started to hurry and I mean speed! He put the four-ways on and went 85mph in a 55mph zone and guess what? We definitely got pulled over. The policeman immediately assumed labor when he saw me and I was so nervous he'd detain us too long. But with a smile, he just said "go a bit slower so mama makes it to the hospital' and let us go. By the time we got downtown, things were pretty intense and I was starting to feel pinching pains 'down there'. When they checked me at triage, I was already 7-8cm dilated. Obviously by this time, there's no way I was getting any pain intervention (although I hadn't planned it anyways). My OB wasnt on call that night, so they called in another doctor. I was pretty much ready to push by time she got there, in fact I think the nurses delayed me as much as they could so that she could arrive. With about 3 pushing sessions, our little man arrived.

Nethanyiel was born at 2:22 am, 8 pounds even and 19.5inches long. His apgar scores were 9, 10 and he was just beautiful. He has peach fuzz like his daddy when he was a newborn. He reminds me a lot of his big sister, but there's obvious differences too (other than the fact he's almost 2 pounds bigger than she was when she was born). His chin dimple is nowhere near as pronounced as his father's and big sister's. His hair is lighter than DD's. But they both have the same round 'heart-shaped' face and both children are beautiful! I'm so pleased and thankful to YHWH for the family He has given to me and I pray for wisdom, patience, and lots of love as we start the newest segment of our journey.

Attachments

• DSCF5200.jpg
    DSCF5200.jpg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 91

cactusrose

Sep 18, 2012
✟889.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great on a perfect delivery despite the pain.Don't let anyone tell you though because it was fast it did'n't hurt.How bad it hurt is our story that we get to tell even if it wasn't that much its our right as a mother passage..All told yes rejoice in a healthy baby and no complications with mother.HURRAY to Nethanyiel! Welcome!:groupray:

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

By JRSUT
I'm so pleased and thankful to YHWH for the family He has given to me and I pray for wisdom, patience, and lots of love as we start the newest segment of our journey

Somehow I think that Nethanyiel and his sister have a very bright future. Seems like Nethanyeil and his sister has a grateful and wise mother that knows where her blessings and her source for her tools to raise her children come from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums