Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Excellent verses.

Another reason I think it will begin in Early Spring is because of Revelation 14:4

"These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb."

Notice that the 144,000 are referred to as "first fruits" which just happens to be one of the Spring Feasts, which occurs right after Passover and during Unleavened Bread. I believe that is the time the 144,000 will be sealed, just before the judgements.

UPDATE:

I have reconsidered my last post concerning the timing of events this year. I said that it seemed unlikely that the abomination of desolation would occur this year because the altar is not set up yet. But God has been known to do amazing things, things that may seem impossible to humans like us. Perhaps He will make a way.

I thought it wouldn't be this year because of the 70 weeks/years spoken of by Daniel. Those 70 weeks/years end in 2017, not 2016. However, I just remembered the verse that says "From the going forth of the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince (obviously the return of the Lord) there shall be seven weeks, threescore and two weeks." The command went forth in 1947.

1947 - 69 years - 2016

So according to the counting of days and years, there is still a chance that it is this year.

For more information, go to:

Lion and Lamb Ministries | He came first as the Lamb of God, now He comes as the Lion of Judah.

Remember, keep watching for the signs, and be prepared.

-LvB-

Yes, it makes sense for the 144,000 firstfruits to be sealed in the Spring.

The command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem is found in Nehemiah.

Daniel 9 was foretelling Christ's first coming after the 69th week.

The 70th week was halted "in the midst" with the cutting off of Jesus who was the ultimate sacrifice for sin in order to allow the believing gentiles to be grafted in. The latter half of the 70th week is about to begin. By the end of the final 42 months, Jesus will be reigning in Jerusalem and all of the things from Daniel 9:24 will be complete in Israel and in Jerusalem through Jesus and the New Covenant.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TKICBS

TKICBS
Supporter
Feb 4, 2013
Canada
Visit site
✟50,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay, Beth;

The confirmation of a new covenant is not for 3 1/2 years, it is for 7 years. It is not Jesus, he would never set up an abomination. This 7 year covenant was confirmed on Jan 1st, 2007 by Jovier Solana, the then high representative of the EU.

Jesus received his anointing when the dove settled on him bodily. The most holy place, the temple, will receive its anointing when Jesus returns to begin his 1000 year reign.

Jesus was crucified at the end of the 483 years of Daniel 24's 490 years. How could his ministry start at the beginning of the last 7 years. You have these years overlapping.

If you make ribbons with each timeline with what scripture says is in each time you can then put them on a board and shuffle them around until it all makes sense,

Jesus is not the prince in Daniel 9:26. This is the one that shall come. Until you accept this you will only find confusion when you try to make it all fit.

This is already a done deal with the covenant Solana signed so you should be able to understand this.

Jesus did not destroy the temple, the Roman soldiers did. This prince is of Rome and so is Solana because the Roman Catholic Church rules the 27 nations in the European Union.
The Jews did not destroy the temple, so this prince is not of the Jews.

Upvote 0

TKICBS

TKICBS
Supporter
Feb 4, 2013
Canada
Visit site
✟50,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
eclipsenow;

I understand what you are saying and have read the teachings of this before. However, this is not true. Please be patient with me. Read Daniel 8:13-17. Verse 17 tells us it is for the end of time. That is now or in our future. This has nothing to do with past fulfillments. They were only shadows.
Now look at Daniel 11:21 to the end of the chapter. The last person mentioned here continues from the mention of the abomination right to the end of the chapter. Then Michael stands up and judgement begins. Notice that this king of the north is killed between the city and the sea. This is where the Valley of Jehoshaphat is which is where Armageddon will be at that very time.
The valley of Megiddo is the gathering place according the Rev but according to Joel 3 God brings them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat to pleed with them there.

Upvote 0

TKICBS

TKICBS
Supporter
Feb 4, 2013
Canada
Visit site
✟50,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible2;

You said Jesus made the covenant, but then you say there will be a covenant made by the Anti Christ. This is just causing a lot of confusion. Jesus did confirm his covenant with the deciples when he rose but it was not a 7 year covenant and no-one during the next 7 years stopped the sacrifices and oblation.

There is not one scripture in the bible that says there will ever be a peace treaty. The covenant is an agreement of some kind but there is no description of what kind. In fact Eze 7:25 reads: Destruction cometh; and they shall seek peace, and there shall be none.
This whole doctrine stems from Thessalonians where it says they cry peace and saftey.
Tell me, when the armies in Luke 21 surround the city of Jerusalem and take Israel back into captivity during the true great tribulation, after this is done, what will Palistinians cry? Will they not cry peace and saftey? Then sudden destruction comes upon them. The next verse in Luke tells us of the asteroid hitting.
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

This doctrine is one of many that has blinded a great portion of the believers today. And it is one reason why they refuse to accept the covenant signed on Jan 1st, 2007.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

God cares about his creation as well as us.
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟139,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
eclipsenow;

I understand what you are saying and have read the teachings of this before. However, this is not true. Please be patient with me. Read Daniel 8:13-17. Verse 17 tells us it is for the end of time. That is now or in our future. This has nothing to do with past fulfillments. They were only shadows.
Now look at Daniel 11:21 to the end of the chapter. The last person mentioned here continues from the mention of the abomination right to the end of the chapter. Then Michael stands up and judgement begins. Notice that this king of the north is killed between the city and the sea. This is where the Valley of Jehoshaphat is which is where Armageddon will be at that very time.
The valley of Megiddo is the gathering place according the Rev but according to Joel 3 God brings them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat to pleed with them there.

Yeah, interesting points on Daniel 8 and it has prompted me to plan some time to do more study. But I've become a bit lost as to where we were up to on the whole "hollow earth" thing you talk about on your blog.

Are you going to give me some scientific evidence for this, or just your sloppy creationism and misreading of the bible?

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟139,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Okay, Beth;

The confirmation of a new covenant is not for 3 1/2 years, it is for 7 years. It is not Jesus, he would never set up an abomination. This 7 year covenant was confirmed on Jan 1st, 2007 by Jovier Solana, the then high representative of the EU.
So we're in the Last Last Days now? ;) (As opposed to just being in the Last Days for 2000 years since Acts 8). Cool. What do you expect to happen next year at the end of the 7 years?

Upvote 0

TKICBS

TKICBS
Supporter
Feb 4, 2013
Canada
Visit site
✟50,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible2;
The temple does not have to be built before the abomination is set up. When the first temple was built they did sacrifices to prepare, cleanse, the temple ground for the building of the temple. It does not have to be the Jews who build the temple. The Catholic Church and the masons have been planning to build for years. Their goal is to place the Pope in the temple to finish the body of Christ. In their twisted doctrine they think the Pope's placement is the second coming. They don't, in the upper ranks, believe in a resurrection or Jesus coming back in the body he was in when crucified.
You have a lot of your own thoughts posted here as prophecy based on this supposed peace treaty. I must warn you; that is dangerous spiritually.

You are right that the RCC is not the whole Babylon the great. There are 7 heads. However, the beast rides the harlot, it is not the harlot. When Islam has taken full control of the EU and placed its 10 kings, it will burn her in one hour and mark my words, this is the Vatican. I can't help but wonder, where is the place that was used by the Romans to feed the Christians to the lions.
The future great tribulation is for Judea, not the world. It ends before the asteroid hits and Armegeddon is after the asteroid, I believe.

Your underrstanding of the 2 horned beast leaves out to much and adds to much. If ALL of the horns in Daniel and Rev are kings, then surely you must be able to see that these are also 2 kings (nations)

The hollow earth explains far to much scripture to be false and it is a bottomless pit.

Your description of hell was goping good until you linked hell to the lake of fire as one. Hell will be cast into the lake of fire. The position of Gehena ouside Jerusalem was a picture of the lake of fire. It will be beneath us in the pit, but unless you can see the pit it will be impossible for you to accept this. You can prove the hollow earth if you want to. That one key will open many doors in prophecy.

Upvote 0

TKICBS

TKICBS
Supporter
Feb 4, 2013
Canada
Visit site
✟50,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can believe what you will about the hollow earth. I am not sure it will effect your salvation, though false teaching and false prophets are frowned on. Of course, this could apply to me if you are right, not.
Sorry about that.
The end of the 7 years has no more bearing on the end times once the abomination has been established. It ends on Dec 31st 2013. A new budget will be established by the EU and it will then have all of Turkey's money to give away as well as what they don't have now. Pun intended.
Once the abomination is set up we simply start looking at the 3 1/2 years instead of the 7 when looking at prophecy. The covenant has served its purpose.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟139,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You can believe what you will about the hollow earth. I am not sure it will effect your salvation, though false teaching and false prophets are frowned on. Of course, this could apply to me if you are right, not.
Sorry about that.
The end of the 7 years has no more bearing on the end times once the abomination has been established. It ends on Dec 31st 2013. A new budget will be established by the EU and it will then have all of Turkey's money to give away as well as what they don't have now. Pun intended.
Once the abomination is set up we simply start looking at the 3 1/2 years instead of the 7 when looking at prophecy. The covenant has served its purpose.

Yeah, but why do I even need to know this? When is any persecution going to start, or anything at all that I might need to DO something about? Why would I bother to look into this futurist stuff when God has it all in control anyway?

Upvote 0

TKICBS

TKICBS
Supporter
Feb 4, 2013
Canada
Visit site
✟50,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because God said to through Peter: 2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Should I go on?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay, Beth;

Jesus received his anointing when the dove settled on him bodily. The most holy place, the temple, will receive its anointing when Jesus returns to begin his 1000 year reign.

3 1/2 of the 7 years that Jesus confirms the New Covenant with many of Israel passed with his 3 1/2 year ministry. The other half is described in Revelation 12. Israel accepted the New Covenant IN PART, just as Romans 11 describes. When He comes, they will again accept it. There is a 2000 year gap in the final week to allow the gentiles to be grafted in, just like Paul said:

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Jesus was crucified at the end of the 483 years of Daniel 24's 490 years. How could his ministry start at the beginning of the last 7 years. You have these years overlapping.

If you make ribbons with each timeline with what scripture says is in each time you can then put them on a board and shuffle them around until it all makes sense,
Jesus was here for the 70th week. He was cut off in the middle of it. He confirmed the New Covenant during his 3 1/2 year ministry and he will confirm the New Covenant during the final 3 1/2 years.

Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Jesus is not the prince in Daniel 9:26. This is the one that shall come. Until you accept this you will only find confusion when you try to make it all fit.

This is already a done deal with the covenant Solana signed so you should be able to understand this.
Jesus is "the prince" in Daniel 9 because the angel said so:

Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Jesus did not destroy the temple, the Roman soldiers did. This prince is of Rome and so is Solana because the Roman Catholic Church rules the 27 nations in the European Union.
The Jews did not destroy the temple, so this prince is not of the Jews.
Jesus sent the Roman armies to destroy the temple and desolate Israel, because HE said so:

Matt 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

Isaiah 47:5 Sit thou silent, and get thee into darkness, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called, The lady of kingdoms.
6 I was wroth with my people, I have polluted mine inheritance, and given them into thine hand: thou didst shew them no mercy; upon the ancient hast thou very heavily laid thy yoke.

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Upvote 0

TKICBS

TKICBS
Supporter
Feb 4, 2013
Canada
Visit site
✟50,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
History proves Jesus was crusified at the end of the 483rd year on the exact date. The math has been proved. Please rethink your prophecy. The word said he was cut off at the end of the 483 years. Daniel 9:26

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off,
but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Why should we not accept that?

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
History proves Jesus was crusified at the end of the 483rd year on the exact date. The math has been proved. Please rethink your prophecy. The word said he was cut off at the end of the 483 years. Daniel 9:26

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off,
but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Why should we not accept that?

Daniel 9 says Jesus both came and was cut off after 69 weeks. It says "he" confirms the covenant with many for one seven - the final week of years.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Upvote 0

TKICBS

TKICBS
Supporter
Feb 4, 2013
Canada
Visit site
✟50,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, it says the prince of the people who destroyed the temple makes the covenant. The 7 year covenant was made on Jan 1st, 2007. All you have to do is look at it and you will see this.

What you are saying is confusing.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

For your understanding to be true Jesus would have to have stopped the sacrifice and oblation within at the most 10 years. This was not the case. You can't move the last 3 1/2 years to our time without without exiting the 7 years. So the 7 year covenant would not be a 7 year covenant, it would be around a 2000 year covenant.

The prince of the people who destroyed the temple cannot be Jesus. It just makes no sense. God is not the God of confusion.

If it is a prince of the people (literally the Roman soldiers) then it makes perfect sense and a covenant was confirmed for 7 years by a prince of Rome on Jan 1st, 2007. And all of the players are lining up in perfect order for the prophecies of the last 3 1/2 years to begin this spring. Ther are only 2 months remaining and we will know for certain if the IPNI is the right 7 year covenant. Hang in there.

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, it says the prince of the people who destroyed the temple makes the covenant. The 7 year covenant was made on Jan 1st, 2007. All you have to do is look at it and you will see this.

What you are saying is confusing.

For your understanding to be true Jesus would have to have stopped the sacrifice and oblation within at the most 10 years. This was not the case. You can't move the last 3 1/2 years to our time without without exiting the 7 years. So the 7 year covenant would not be a 7 year covenant, it would be around a 2000 year covenant.

The prince of the people who destroyed the temple cannot be Jesus. It just makes no sense. God is not the God of confusion.

If it is a prince of the people (literally the Roman soldiers) then it makes perfect sense and a covenant was confirmed for 7 years by a prince of Rome on Jan 1st, 2007. And all of the players are lining up in perfect order for the prophecies of the last 3 1/2 years to begin this spring. Ther are only 2 months remaining and we will know for certain if the IPNI is the right 7 year covenant. Hang in there.

Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice. When he died, no more sacrifices were needed for those who believe. When he was cut off in the middle of the final week, he was the final sacrifice.

It doesn't say "7 year covenant". There is no "7-year covenant". It says THE covenant is confirmed by Jesus with many for one seven.

Yes, God desolated Israel because he said so. God sent the Roman armies to desolate Israel.

Matt 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

Isaiah 47:5 Sit thou silent, and get thee into darkness, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called, The lady of kingdoms.
6 I was wroth with my people, I have polluted mine inheritance, and given them into thine hand: thou didst shew them no mercy; upon the ancient hast thou very heavily laid thy yoke.

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bible2

Ludwig van Beethoven said in post 258:

According to Daniel's Timeline, the Altar will be shut down 30 days before the Abomination is set up. This is due to the fact that the bible gives 3 different day counts.

1260 or 42 months - The beast will reign for this long, and the two witnesses speak for this long as well

1290 days - This is the length of the tribulation

1335 days - This is the blessed day, according to the Lord's words "Blessed is he who waits, and comes to One Thousand Three Hundred Thirty-Five days."

Regarding "1290 days" & "1335 days", a reference to Daniel 12:11-12, that passage (and Rev. 16:15) could mean that exactly 1,335 literal days after the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) is set up in the holy place of a third Jewish temple (Mt. 24:15, Dan. 11:31), Jesus' second coming will occur, and blessed are those believers who wait and remain obedient until that day. If the literal 1,260 days of the Antichrist's worldwide reign (Rev. 13:5-8, 12:6) will begin when the abomination of desolation is set up, and if the seven vials of God's wrath will begin on the day after the 1,260 days of the Antichrist's worldwide reign (Rev. 11:15,19, 15:5-16:1), and if the first six vials will be poured out over thirty days, then the sixth vial could be poured out on the 1,290th day after the abomination of desolation is set up (Dan. 12:11).

It's on this 1,290th day that the blessing of Dan. 12:12/Rev. 16:15 could be given, after the sixth vial has been poured out (Rev. 16:12), encouraging those in the church who will still be alive on the earth at that time to keep holding on just 45 more days until Jesus' second coming occurs on the 1,335th day. The 45 days could be taken up by the gathering together of the armies of the world to Armageddon (Rev. 16:14,16) (Har Megiddo: Mount Megiddo in northern Israel) and then their moving south to pillage Jerusalem, right before Jesus' second coming occurs and they're defeated (Zech. 14:2-21, Rev. 19:19-21).

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟139,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Regarding "1290 days" & "1335 days", a reference to Daniel 12:11-12, that passage (and Rev. 16:15) could mean that exactly 1,335 literal days

Do you have any proof that it's literal? See, we're dealing with visionary language here and apocalyptic symbolism. 'Literal' is the wrong word. 'Literary' is the word you should be investigating to even have a clue what these passages are about. It's all about literary forms: Jewish number symbolism and biblical narrative. Seven. Seven is a big deal. So is half of seven, the 3.5 or times, times, times and a half. So is seven times seven, the year of Jubilee. So is the Year of Jubilee multiplied by the emphatic number ten, which gives us not so much a literal number of years, but a theological value: the SUPER JUBILEE of 10 times 7 times 7. Get it?
Check more out here. You have to be able to read not just the words themselves, but what they meant to the original audience to really understand stuff. It's basic hermeneutics.
Jewish symbolism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, in this particular instance we again have rough fractions of things spilling out into further meaning. It looks specific, like an actual literal numerical statement, until you do the math that is! And a bit of work in other chapters of Daniel.

Daniel 12 also uses this figure twice. Verse 7 says that from Daniel's age until the end will be: “It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.” Did you get that? Daniel, the same man who has been told about the 490 years, has just had all of that number symbolism replaced with the 3.5 years. It's not contradiction, but a further unpacking: the whole of history from the Anointed One being cut off (in Daniel 9) until the resurrection at the end is seen in the 3.5 years. In other words, the 3.5 years is figurative.

But later Daniel switches to more specific numbers in verse 11, where he says: " “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days." Once again we see a reference to Antiochus Epiphanes who desecrated the temple, set up a statue to Zeus, and sacrificed a pig and humans. Antiochus Epiphanes called himself "The Illustrious God". He totally usurped the whole temple system for a literal period of time in history. So here Daniel is switching from the ambiguous metaphor of times, times and half a times meaning till the end, to a specific figure doing a specific thing in a specific 1290 days. What's going on? It seems to me that Daniel is drawing parallel comparisons. If God's people can survive Antiochus Epiphanes and be just that little bit more patient (1335 days, another month and a half on the end of the 3.5 years), then surely God's people will survive *all* such tyrants until the end of time. God's kingdom will not be defeated!

What is the 3.5 years?
It's the over time after the game has already been won, when we try to score a few extra points anyway. It's a period of the Lord's favour, when TODAY is the day of salvation. It's the Last Days since Acts 2 and counting. It's today. It's the whole 2000 years of Church history.

In other words, if we know how to read Revelation as John's highly symbolic sermon to his generation and all generations afterwards, the 3.5 years makes sense as the era we've been in for 2000 years. John is not writing a timetable of the future: he's writing a sermon *to* and *about* ALL generations of Christians in the '3.5 years'. John is not writing a specific prescription of some future events that only a few specific Christians at the end of time will understand! No! How alien to his purposes spelt out in Chapter 1 where he wants all to hear his message and take it to heart and obey it!

Instead of specific prescriptions it's generic descriptions. It's a sermon, with generic examples of things that can challenge God's people, and how we are to respond. It's to you and about you as much as it was to Johns' generation and about John's generation.

As Dr Kim Riddlebarger says:

"In the ninth chapter of Daniel's prophecy, not only was Daniel talking about the Messiah and not an Antichrist (based upon the glorious things that are to be accomplished by the Messiah before end of the 70 weeks–see Daniel 9:24), but in the Book of Revelation, John actually tells us what happens during the last 3 ½ years of Daniel’s 70th week! It is a time of tribulation for the people of God."

"In Revelation 12:14, John speaks of a “time, and times, and half a time.” The same time reference also appears in Revelation 11:1-2 and 13:5-6 (forty-two months). Obviously, this is figurative language depicting the fulfillment of that eschatological time of tribulation predicted by Daniel and left open-ended in Daniel's prophecy of the seventy weeks. Kline argues that this is the period of time of the church in the wilderness (“The Covenant of the Seventy Weeks,” 469). Likewise, Beale holds that these references are based upon the eschatological period of tribulation foretold by Daniel not only in Daniel 9:27, but throughout his entire prophecy (Beale, The Book of Revelation, 565)."
http://tinyurl.com/74o5aua

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟139,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Seriously, you should burn those books and read your bible in english. 42 months, a time times and half a time, and 1260 days are all the same. They are literal. So are 1290, 1335 and 2300.
Are you a student of philosophy by chance?

"Yeah, cause the bible was written in English and Jews had an American Constitution and modern democracy and watched Seinfeld and used numbers just like we do, as they tucked their good-old-boy rifles to bed. Hey Billy Bob? Yeah, that's right my boy, they were just like us in every respect. So you can take all your 'books' and 'learning' about how Jewish culture might have been different to us modern folk, and just throw them on the fi-yer."
(Spits a great wad of chewed tobacco on the floor).
"Yeah, they did that too".

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

TKICBS said in post 278:

42 months, a time times and half a time, and 1260 days are all the same. They are literal.

That's right.

The still-unfulfilled 1,260-day time period in the prophecies of Rev. 12:6,14, 11:3,2, 13:5, Dan. 7:25, 12:7 will be 1,260 literal days, just as, for example, the 3 days in the fulfilled prophecies of Lk. 9:22, 18:33 were 3 literal days.

Upvote 0