The small everyday things in life which make us smile. (Please read OP)

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Having an indoor toilet and that it flushes too. so many people world wide do not know of this luxury
Yes, and showers and running water in the home - which we can drink without boiling first.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I've had a life sized stuffed orange tabby kitty for about 30 years. I decided to give it to our new dog, Bear. He went ape over it. Shaking it and chasing it when I throw it. Then I noticed he was laying down with it. I thought it was just coincidence at first. But he always sits in front of the sliding door and he wasn't the other night--he was with the cat in another part of the back yard. Then I put it back in his usual spot, and there he laid. He doesn't pick it up and bring it into the house though. But if he lays down outside, it is next to his kitty. I didn't expect this as he also has a small little teddy bear he likes to chase when I throw it. Sweet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone have any ideas for the mental stimulation of a dog? Siberians need physical and mental, we can provide a little only of the physical, but have no idea of what to do for the mental, don't want a bored out of his mind, psychotic dog on my hands.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks so much!! There are times when I can just feel his boredom.

there is some really cool stuff in there....I mean really easy stuff!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
there is some really cool stuff in there....I mean really easy stuff!

I don't know why, we just got him and he is 9 years old so he is set in some ways. He is the only dog I ever met that will not eat peanut butter, carrots, denta stix--he also will not play tug. He shakes, tosses, chews his kitty, but no tug--- with anything. Poor thing is not normal!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't know why, we just got him and he is 9 years old so he is set in some ways. He is the only dog I ever met that will not eat peanut butter, carrots, denta stix--he also will not play tug. He shakes, tosses, chews his kitty, but no tug--- with anything. Poor thing is not normal!!
Oh, they don't have a 'sad' rating I could click for that post mmksparbud :(. Perhaps he is happy playing with his toy, and getting your affection. I hope some of the ideas Hope has given you work for him. :oldthumbsup:

A thing which makes me smile - a good ole cup of tea! I know I've mentioned it before but you'll have to excuse me - I'm British and it's our national pastime, along with playing cricket (not personally) and complaining about the weather! lol! :D

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oh, they don't have a 'sad' rating I could click for that post mmksparbud :(. Perhaps he is happy playing with his toy, and getting your affection. I hope some of the ideas Hope has given you work for him. :oldthumbsup:

A thing which makes me smile - a good ole cup of tea! I know I've mentioned it before but you'll have to excuse me - I'm British and it's our national pastime, along with playing cricket (not personally) and complaining about the weather! lol! :D

Make that herbal for me--caffeine gets my heart pumping too fast.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Watching old television shows that I remember watching while growing up.
'Dad's Army' still makes me chuckle! 'Don't panic Mr Mannering!'

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Make that herbal for me--caffeine gets my heart pumping too fast.
I avoid caffeine too :) drinking decaf for both tea and coffee.
'Dad's Army' still makes me chuckle! 'Don't panic Mr Mannering!'
That was the corporal wasn't it? Clive Dunn's character if I remember correctly. :)

On a similar theme - another small thing: black and white films.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I avoid caffeine too :) drinking decaf for both tea and coffee.

That was the corporal wasn't it? Clive Dunn's character if I remember correctly. :)

On a similar theme - another small thing: black and white films.

Casa Blanca---gold in black and white.

Upvote 0

KevinC1129

Simul justus et peccator
Jan 24, 2016
North Texas
✟490,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We've had our new dog now for over a month. It took him a while to settle in. I believe he finally feels at home. For the first time he fell asleep next to me while I was watching TV and on the computer and he made those adorable doggie sleep noises. They're dreaming and make funny noises and move their paws like they're running (chasing some cat probably!) He had finally relaxed enough to go into a real deep sleep.
The one thing he had not done was play tug. Never met a dog who didn't play tug. Then yesterday he made up for it---we were tossing his kitty around and all of a sudden he got this glint in his eye and I went "OH-Oh!" and started shuffling over to kitty as quick as I could. Sure enough, he put both paws down on kitty and tore into his tummy and just ripped it up! I grabbed it, as I got to sew the thing together and need to have something of it left. He grabbed on for dear life and would not let go--it took every little ounce of strength I had to finally get it from him, it was nearly ripped in half. I took it to kitty surgery and sewed up--took me over an hour. He is not exactly anatomically correct anymore nor nearly as big and fluffy, but there he was----FRANKENKITTY!!
I tossed him back outside and the back yard looked like it had snowed---kitty stuffing everywhere. Gathered it up as best I could and found a big piece of kitty I am saving for next time. All I can say is---God help any real cat that should wander into this yard! He had an absolute ball. He was exhausted, Today he has not played at all---spent the day happily napping,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm so glad that he's leant to play tug, mmksparbud. :)

A think which makes me smile - having a day when you feel you've achieved a few things, and crossed them off your 'to do' list. :)

Upvote 0