The small everyday things in life which make us smile. (Please read OP)

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Finding things in places they don't belong and being the only one who could have put them there! It's getting quite fun - you don't know what's going to turn up where! :D (No disasters yet :eek: - I'm very careful on serious things.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our little dogs, Hank and Lucy, are about 8 years old and have spent nearly all their lives together. They get into disagreements from time to time that are funny. Lucy was laying on a throw in Hank's favorite spot tonight, so he tried to pull the throw out from under her. She growled at him but did eventually move.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our little dogs, Hank and Lucy, are about 8 years old and have spent nearly all their lives together. They get into disagreements from time to time that are funny. Lucy was laying on a throw in Hank's favorite spot tonight, so he tried to pull the throw out from under her. She growled at him but did eventually move.

Reading about Hank and Lucy. :)

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
After my beloved Sparky died (in March)--we didn't want any more dogs---too much pain when they go. Buddie had gone the year before. Over the past several months, we got to missing fur something fierce. we changed our minds and started looking for another dog. We wanted a couch potato, not too much energy for we have none. Something no bigger than around 35-40 lbs nor smaller than around 20 lbs. Spayed or neutered, of course. And not too much fur as that is too much work. And a good watch dog. OK---we hit the shelter, and we found several for they post their pictures in the website and we would choose one and then go down there and they would be gone, or something was wrong. We were getting discouraged. I had told my husband he would know it when he saw the right one, he would look in their eyes, and they would look into yours and that would be it---he didn't believe me.
We went to the shelter one more time, again, nothing. He was leaving when he spotted this dog, the dog spotted him and guess what happened----We got a dog. And did he meet the requirements??---Well---He's neutered. And he is 9 years old--so that should be next to geriatric and low energy---Wrong --so wrong.
He has more fur than our 2 last dogs combined--and he weighs in at 55 lbs. And has more energy than they both had. He is a Siberian Husky. Ain't love grand.
He has settled right in. Seems to have picked up on the fact I can not do too much. I throw the ball, or his teddy and he chases it. Every morning. And if I don't, he whines and howls. However, all of a sudden he will stop and I noticed it was just as I was about to give up as my heart is beating too fast and my back is killing me. He will just sit, or go inside. And I have to be standing up to play, he will not play with me when I am in the wheel chair. The rest of the time he is content to be pretty much a couch potato and he does love to be petted. As for being a watch dog----Siberians are worthless as watchdogs--they are too friendly and just love everyone! Oh, well---we're on our own as far as guarding our home. He has not barked once. And he only eats boiled chicken with a little Purina dry food for seniors--not too much mind you, or he leaves it. No other brand, thank you very much.
My doctor is very pleased as he makes me more active. He may not have been what we wanted or were looking for--but he is what we need. We're crazy about him.
I tried and tried, but can not post his picture---he is typical Siberian Husky, black and white with those startling light blue eyes.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Having an indoor toilet and that it flushes too. so many people world wide do not know of this luxury

Came face to face with this 3 times over the past 12 years----our main sewer line clogged up---first time it took them 5 days to get here to fix it! Ugh!!!! Second time just one day. Last Sunday, it happened again---one day. One day is more than enough to be without one. Apparently India is one of those countries with very few toilets,. In fact, I just read where one woman was given a divorce over the fact her husband refused to provide her with a toilet and she was forced to go out in the open. Mercy!!
Since we got our new dog, we discovered we now need to keep the toilet lid down. He likes to drink out of it. I do not like to sit down on a wet toilet seat. My St Bernard used to do that. So we had to keep the lid down. If they are tall enough to look down into it, they seem to like doing this---yuck.

Upvote 0