The small everyday things in life which make us smile. (Please read OP)

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My sons' courtesy towards me always.

For some reason, my mind immediately went to my high school days. I apologize if I have written this before. This one year I rode the bus. On that bus was a little Japanese boy, in the 4th grade. He also happened to be a genius who took high school science classes. Even the science teacher had trouble keeping up with him, as one day I came in right after the boy had left and the teacher looked at me and said, "that boy leaves me speechless. He is so advanced, sometimes I don't understand what he is saying!" One day in the bus he was on my route and the bus stopped at his house. It was a beautiful house. He knocked, when the door opened, he bowed. Needles to say, the whole bus went nuts---"Did you see that?? He bowed--- to his mother!!" Wow!!" We'd never seen so much politeness.
When I had this one restaurant/hotel we'd get a lot of Japanese tourists. We were on the way to Yosemite. The restaurant had a bar. They would be falling down drunk, but still always trying to bow and be super polite. It was hysterical, sometimes, when they bowed, they would literal fall over!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
AAACCCHHHHH!!!!! I just went through the most miserable few hours of my life!!! We couldn't find our dog! The gates were all closed. He has shown no inclination towards jumping and the gates are about 4 1/2 feet tall. We still think somebody took him. We just went crazy. I don't think I've ever cried so much. I called the Animal shelter where we got him and animal control. And my friend. She dropped everything and came over and she is the one that found him a few blocks down near the high school. He came to her when called and she brought him home. We were so very happy. I smile every time I see him now. It felt soooo empty here without him. We think some kids a few houses down let him out. They had come into the courtyard once and stayed playing with him for a long time. My husband had tried to talk to them and ask them if they had seen him and they looked scared and ran away. My friend talked to them, they said they had not seen him, but I think they did it. If they did, I know they won't do it again.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Animals that we give opportunity to and find such make really good companions for us can indeed make us smile. It is in this way as well that there are cute animal memes and gifs that will make me smile.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My car gleaming in the sun after being washed.

Don't they look great? My husband did that the other day---looked fantastic---2 hours later it rained, not only rained, but the wind kicked up pretty bad and the leaves from the elderberry tree outside also rained down! I busted up laughing, but he was not amused.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Only 'everyday' at this time of year, but the Christmas lights indoors and outside in the town.

Yea--when we moved into this neighborhood in20005, every house had Christmas decorations and lights. A couple were extravagant. Just about everyone was older than us. Over the years, one by one, the men died---mostly cancer. There are now only about 2 houses that have lights up. We got too sick to do it ourselves anymore either. I've got boxed and boxes of decorations in the garage. Too hard to get to. And the putting away got too much also----but I sure do miss all the lights, but I miss the people more. They were friendly, and helped us out a lot when we moved in here---things kept falling apart and they all helped us to fix things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hearing Christmas carols being played in streets and public places and sometimes (only occasionally these days, unfortunately :() seeing a Nativity Scene or other reference to the Lord's birth. :)

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have discovered that I had not yet experienced all of my dogs full potential---at least as far as howling goes. I had heard him howl before, when he first arrived and my husband went out and he was expressing his separation anxiety. However, that was just an introduction. Last night I made a humongous vegetable lasagna with a white sauce (I like to freeze it). Some of the sauce had boiled over and I knew I had to clean the oven before turning it on again. Naturally, I totally forgot about it. I was roasting some vegies for tomorrow night (I'm up all night and that's when I cook ). I turned on the oven to preheat to 400----when I opened the oven I got blasted with a huge cloud of smoke and the smoke alarm went off----and so did Bear. I must say, his range of howling far surpasses my smoke alarm---truly amazing! Front and back doors are wide open to air the place out and he is calm and my husband and I can't hear a thing.

Upvote 0