[MOVED] The Season of Opportunity for the Nations soon fulfilled?

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Romans 11:25. For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
thread moved.png

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Romans 11:
4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.
5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to
the election of grace.
Is there a similar number of elect remnant in Israel today?
Is that relevant?

• Informative
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans 11:
4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.
5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to
the election of grace.
Is there a similar number of elect remnant in Israel today?

As of the beginning of 2019, there were about 175,000 Israeli Christians.
So no, not a similar number at all.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Matthew 23:34-36. Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. (i.e. The people that He is addressing)

And then He continues:
Matthew 23:37-39. O Jerusalem, that kills the prophets, and stones them which are sent unto you. How often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you,
You shall not see me henceforth, till you shall say, Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.

This generation suffered the destruction of the Temple, in a time of desolation, and tribulation.
Matthew 24:34. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

The preparation of the Gospel of Peace that the Body of Christ are to preach to Jerusalem
was laid out in the prophet Isaiah:

Isaiah 40:1, 2. Comfort, yes, comfort My people! Says your God.
Speak comfort to Jerusalem, and cry out to her, that her warfare is ended.
That her iniquity is pardoned; for she has received from the Lord’s hand
double for all her sins.

Two temples, two judgments, two destructions during a time of desolation and tribulation. Would you expect the Jerusalem of our generation to endure a time of tribulation that Yeshua clearly ordained for THAT generation?
Prophecy Fulfilled.

Matthew 24:29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
Is it because of the words "immediately after" that there seems to be a belief that Israel must suffer tribulation yet again before the judgment? For example, I have heard taught that "the Church" will be raptured, as if what has been grafted into the olive tree will be ungrafted and separated, so that God can once again "deal with Israel".

[G2112] eutheos-translated 'immediately' means level, a direct path, and can imply a direct sequence, with or without a time element.

So let's hear what the Lord is saying: "All the blood...upon this generation”, which completes God's judgment upon Israel and Jerusalem. There is no further judgment from that point, until the judgments on the entire world in Revelation.

2 Peter 3:15. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you.

With all the tribulations and persecutions of the Jews for 2000 years, often on the excuse that “they killed Jesus” none can be attributed to God’s judgment. This blood is on the hands of man. So if Jerusalem and Israel were held accountable for all the blood of the righteous, who will be held accountable for all of the suffering and blood of Israel (Jews and Gentiles) since?

Romans 11:30-32. For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you, they also may obtain mercy. For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

So God's intentions were for Israel to obtain mercy and comfort at the hands of the world that Jesus died for, "the sins of the entire world", because "God so loved the world". This is a term of the covenant that we have entered. Where the world has failed, they will have the same accountability that Israel was held to for not keeping covenant with God, and the murder of His prophets.

Yet we have a doctrine, that the Jews are needed to return to Israel, rebuild a Temple, restore sacrifices, to have another abomination and time of tribulation, so that judgment can come "immediately" after this time of tribulation.
This just to fit a wrong interpretation of the "Olivet discourse", which must be supported by prophecies that were already fulfilled when the second Temple was destroyed, and Israel paying double for all their sins. Even many of the Jews themselves have bought into it. And no wonder, they have accepted the "suffering servant" role, but Yeshua already took that title from them, and they should stop listening to the traditions of men, especially Gentiles, and hear this word of Truth.

The Gospel from the church, Jew and Gentile, to every Jew is intended to be comfort...

Isaiah 40. “Comfort, yes, comfort My people!” Says your God.
Speak comfort to Jerusalem, and cry out to her, that her warfare is ended.
That her iniquity is pardoned; for she has received from the Lord’s hand,
double for all her sins.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 24:29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
Is it because of the words "immediately after" that there seems to be a belief that Israel must suffer tribulation yet again before the judgment?
The words "immediately after the tribulation of those days" are an indication of when on the 7 year 70th week timeline when the events of the sixth seal take place. And the world sees the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. Down at the bottom of my chart - Matthew 24:29 annotated.

The tribulation of those days applies to all upon the earth at that time.

upload_2020-6-3_22-25-49.jpeg

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for sharing that. The link did not open for me, so just to clarify if you don't mind, by Israeli Christians you are referring to those living in Israel, not worldwide?
Yes. Living in Israel.
Actual Israeli Citizens.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The words "immediately after the tribulation of those days" are an indication of when on the 7 year 70th week timeline when the events of the sixth seal take place.

If Soon, Shortly, at hand, about to take place, in a very little while, and no more delay = 2000+ years to God, then How long is "immediately" to Him?

100 years?
50?
150?
25?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums