Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The Revelation is the "Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to declare to His servants (plural) things which must shortly come to pass, and it was addressed to the seven churches (plural), i.e to all the saints . And He signified it by sending His angel to His servant John (only John).

The only individual saint whom God revealed anything to about anything written in the book of Revelation was John, and through him, to all the saints.

So whatever you say is your interpretation of what is written (by John) - Jesus does not and will not reveal anything to anyone individually about the Revelation that He has already revealed to John individually, because His Revelation is to all His servants (plural) in all the churches (plural) (seven is a complete number).

So God did not show you personally anything about anything in the book of Revelation, and whenever what you say finds one or two, or many people in disagreement with what you say, then it means you could be wrong, because it's the way you are interpreting what has already been revealed to someone else (John) and to all Christ's servants via that someone else.

The Holy Spirit is our help, but He helps all equally, and we are all equally capable of getting our minds and understanding befuddled by our own imaginations. If what you say is not true then the Holy Spirit did not give you that understanding and God has not "shown it to you" - it was your own imagination,

I disagree with what you are saying and what you have based it on, and so do many others. What you are saying about the seven years is your interpretation of what God gave to Jesus to give to all His saints and revealed it to one individual - John - but what you have said regarding the seven years is not true. So God did not show you what you think - it was your imagination, IMO.

If someone does not say why he believes something to be the case by supporting what he is saying with scripture, but instead claims that "God showed him" that what he is saying is the case, then that is already a red flag for me.

I'm not saying that to be argumentative or seek an argument (I really don't want to, and won't get into argumentativeness) - I'm just being honest with someone who, after telling me that "God showed him" something, asked me in an argumentative tone whether he should believe me, or God about "what God showed him".

The written word is what counts. Does the written word produce the belief expressed by you regarding the seven years?

I believe it does not. You believe it does. Therefore we know that we disagree - so we don't need to ask one another in an argumentative tone whether we should believe the other person, or God. I do not believe you are believing God, but your own imagination, but I'd rather you believe your own imagination than me - because I only would want anyone to believe scripture, and if someone disagrees with me about something, it means that their interpretation of scripture is different to mine.
Simple reading of Daniel 9, plus simple arithmetic: John shows us 5 different ways that the last half of the week is 3.5 years. (A study of the OT shows us that the prophets used a 360 day year.) Daniel also said that the week would be divided by an event that would stop the daily sacrifices. It is impossible to divide anything but 7 years to end up with two each of 3 1/2 years. Yes, the written word is the basis of an entire week. By the way, Daniel also wrote of the 3 1/2 years as the last half of the week.

Anyway, it fits. The week begins at the 7th seal and with the first trumpet. The 7th trumpet marks the midpoint. The first half of the week then, takes place during the trumpet judgments.

Did you not read where Jesus said, "upon this rock I will build my church." This "rock" he was referring to is revelation knowledge. It was revealed to Peter who Jesus was. Since then God has used revelation knowledge to keep the church on tract. Without a doubt, Martin Luther had revelation knowledge in his life. Why then do you find it difficult to believe someone today and receive revelation knowledge?

Just so you know, Jesus continually reveals new things are the written Word, whether written by John, or Peter, or Paul.

When was the first seal opened? Most of the church pulls the first seal out of its 32 AD context. John saw Jesus enter the throne room where He had not been seen before (in chapter 4 and 5) - send the Holy Spirit down, and take the book and begin opening the seals. If we leave the first seal in its context, it was opened as soon as Jesus ascended.

It is OK if we disagree now. We WON'T the moment we have our resurrection bodies! Then the church will once again be in one accord.

DOES God reveal to everyone alike? He is no respecter of persons, but He does respect faith. Does everyone pray in the spirit, in tongues? That is a revelation gift. If people don't speak in tongues, they miss out on much. Paul walked in more revelation knowledge than any other writer of the NT. And Paul spoke on tongues more then them all. When God pushed me into studying Revelation, I agreed, and read the book over and over, probable hundreds of times over three years, praying much in the spirit, determined not to try and understand anything with my own reasoning. I was only depositing it into my spirit. I said to God at the beginning, I would know NOTHING about Revelation unless He taught me. I did not try to use human reasoning. I waited on Him to tell me HIS intentions. He has honored my faith.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 3:10: "Because you have kept the word of My patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation which will come upon all the world, to try those who dwell upon the earth."

The hour of temptation is going to come upon all the world to try them that dwell upon the earth (Revelation 3:7-13), when the harlot, Babylon the Great will be destroyed in one hour (Revelation 18:10, 17, 19) by ten kings who will be reigning for one hour with the beast (Revelation 17:12-13), who will be given authority to continue for 42 months (Revelation 13:5), while he makes war against the saints and overcomes them (Revelation 13:7).

The hour of trial is not two hours (42 months + 42 months), but one hour (42 months).
So is "one hour" sixty minutes on our clocks, or is it symbolic of a short period of time? I suspect the first six bowls will be poured out in one symbolic hour - a short period of time. This is only a guess. However, the bowls are only a very small part of the entire seven years. It is also called the time of Jacob's trouble, because he had to work an extra 7 years for the woman he loved.

I suspect the ten kings throw in with the Beast at the battle of Armageddon. The 42 months of authority is only the last HALF of the week. From chapter 11, 12, and 13, we read of five countdowns from the midpoint of the week, counting down to the end of the week. With this in mind, what then are chapters 8, 9, and 10 about? They are about the FIRST HALF of the week.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I know not everyone believes the same thing with regard to when Daniel's 70th week would occur. The Messiah was cut off after the 69th week, not during the 69th week, according to the text and the Hebrew word achar in verse 26. But we don't agree so we won't bother to argue about it, because that would be pointless.
You are wise!

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. That is pretty obvious isn't it?

But you will never convince futurists because they have been indoctrinated.
David, there are two sides to every coin. Perhaps it is the preterists that have been indoctrinated!
Did you ever read Pseudo Ephraim? He wrote of the pre-trib rapture around 500 to 700 AD. I have not read it in a while, but perhaps there is a hint of dispensations in his writing.

Upvote 0

Tigger Boy

Jun 12, 2023
Chapin, SC
✟19,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Lamad, please share with me the prophecy which reveals the timing of Rev. 4&5 as the time of Christ ascension? I'm not aware there is any.

Too, will you explain how you conclude the book with the seven seals was created in the courtroom of heaven, and more clearly what important information it contains, and the reason the Father sealed it up?

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Lamad, please share with me the prophecy which reveals the timing of Rev. 4&5 as the time of Christ ascension? I'm not aware there is any.

Too, will you explain how you conclude the book with the seven seals was created in the courtroom of heaven, and more clearly what important information it contains, and the reason the Father sealed it up?
One day I began to meditate on chapters 4 & 5. Finally, after a week or two, I got stuck on John weeping much, and I could not get away from that. I began to bug God about that, asking Him why we needed to know why John wept, and why it was “much.” Finally God spoke and said,

“It shows timing.”

Again I spent days reading and meditating and praying in the Spirit, and I could not find timing anywhere, so continued to bug Him about it. Finally, perhaps two more weeks, and He said,

“It also shows the movement of time.”

Again I studied, read, meditated, prayed in the spirit, and again I could not find any “movement” of time!

I kept bugging God about this, telling Him I could not find timing or the movement of time anywhere. Finally, God had great mercy on my slowness, and spoke to me:

“Son, I will ask you three questions about this passage of scripture. Until you can answer these questions correctly, you will never understand this vision.

1. “Why did John not immediately see Me at the right hand of the Father in chapter four? I ascended back into heaven years before John saw this vision. There are over a dozen verses showing that I went to be at the right hand of the Father. Stephen SAW me there. Why then did John not immediately see Me at the right hand of the Father?”

As before, when He spoke, I was “in the spirit” and could not answer by thinking of an answer and speaking. However, my spirit man answered, “I cannot answer that question.”

Again He spoke.

2. “John watched a search to find one worthy to open the seals—a search that ended in failure—and that is the reason John wept much: no man was found worthy. However, if you read ahead, you find that I was found worthy to break the seals. Why then was I not found in that first search?”

Again my spirit man answered, “Lord, I cannot answer that.” Then He asked me the third question:

3. “If you notice in chapter 4, the Holy Spirit was still in the throne room. I told the disciples that as soon as I ascended, I would send Him down. Why was the Holy Spirit still in the throne room in chapter 4?”

Again my spirit man said that he could not answer this question. The Lord did not say more at that time. I studied diligently on that vision of the throne room, trying to answer His questions. I could not see any timing. I could not see the movement of time. I could not figure out why Jesus was not at the right hand of the Father. I could not figure out why “no man was found.” I could not figure out why the Holy Spirit was still there. I spent weeks looking and asking God for help.

Finally after three or four more weeks of study, I heard His voice again. He said,

“Go and study chapter 12.”

When I turned to chapter 12, He spoke and gave me a synopsis of that chapter.

“This chapter was Me introducing John to the dragon, and in particular, what the dragon would be doing during the last half of the week; but I also chose to show John what the dragon did when I was born. The first five verses were a ‘history lesson’ for John. Count how many times the dragon is mentioned, including pronouns.”

I counted 32 times. I could see that chapter 12 was certainly about the dragon! I sat meditating on “history lesson” for a minute or two, and then He said,

“Now you can go back and study chapters 4 & 5 again.”

I would guess this interlude on chapter 12 was less than one hour. At first, I could not understand why He sent me there. But now I know: it was to get “history lesson” into my thinking. You see, the first five verses of chapter 12 was Jesus showing John what the dragon did to attempt to destroy Him when He was born. These events were before John was born, so was certainly a “history lesson” for him.

I turned back to begin meditating again on chapters 4 & 5, but discovered that it was different than before. In one instant of time, I could answer all three of His questions. To this day I am not sure that was a “download” of revelation knowledge or if just having “history lesson” in my mind made the difference.

I immediately knew that this was a vision of the past, or another “history lesson” for John: he was seeing into the throne room of the past, before Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus was not seen at the right hand of the Father, because He was still on earth.

“No man was found” worthy to break the seals, because Jesus had not yet risen from the dead to become the redeemer worthy to break the seals. And the Holy Spirit was still in the throne room, because Jesus had not yet ascended to send Him down.

Then, in chapter 5, we see the movement of time; another search was started as soon as the first one ended in failure. But in this subsequent search, someone was found. Time was moving, and at this time, Jesus had risen from the dead, and was immediately found worthy.

In this vision, John got to see the very moment Jesus ascended into the throne room, after telling Mary not to hold onto Him for He had not yet ascended. Then we see, the moment Jesus arrived in the throne room, that the Holy Spirit was sent down. This then—Jesus ascension—sets the context and timing of the first seal. One cannot find 2000 years between these verses.

For years pre-tribbers have tried to force a rapture upon Revelation 4:1. It is my guess, if we took 100 5th graders that had never been to a church and had them read this verse and tell us what they thought it means, none would come up with a catching away of the church. They would all say that this was John being caught up to heaven, for the purpose of being taught things to come. It is truly sloppy exegesis to imagine this is the rapture, and has opened to door wide for massive criticism, and rightly so. This was never intended by the Author, the Holy Spirit, to be the rapture.

Next, it has long been the thought of pre-trib theory that the 70th week would begin with the first seal. Again, it is very sloppy exegesis, and again, not the intent of the Author, the Holy Spirit. The truth is, the vision of the throne room is the context for the seals, and must be understood before the timing of the seals will ever be known.

Many people ignore this vision of the throne room and claim the first seal to be the antichrist, when there is not one word about him to portray evil. And when they are 2000 years off. John used the color white 17 times in Revelation, and the other 16 all to portray righteousness - yet some can believe that in this one instance, white must mean something else. John and the Holy Spirit were thinking of the church set out with the gospel, but today many imagine the Antichrist.

If we study the vision of the throne room, chapters 4 through 5, and not just skim over it, some things become evident. First, why was Jesus not immediately seen at the right hand of the Father? We have a dozen verses telling us that is where He should be. Yet, He was not seen. Next, John watched a search for one worthy to break the seals, and saw that search end in failure— which is why John wept much. This vision was seen around 95 AD. But what was the time portrayed in the vision? Was it past, present, or future? (A vision can be any of these.) We must determine why this first search ended in failure.

Next, we see in Chapter 4 that the Holy Spirit is there in the throne room, when Jesus said that as soon as He ascended He would send Him down. So we have another conundrum. I must emphasize again, unless we understand these things, we can never understand the timing of the seals, for this is the context of the first seal.

If we get into Chapter 5, we can begin to find the answers. Another search was begun as soon as the one John watched ended with failure. But in this next search, finally, someone was found. What had changed? Time was the only thing that changed. John wept much. This does not mean a little. Time passed. Then, suddenly, John saw a new entity in the throne room - one who was not there a moment before. And the next event: the Holy Spirit is immediately sent down to earth.

The only conclusion I can come to with these clues is that the passing of time made a difference. First Jesus was not in the throne room, and then He suddenly appeared. First no man was found, and then Jesus was found. First the Holy Spirit was in the room, and then He was sent down. What is the answer?

When John first looked into the throne room, it was the throne room of the past to John, looking back in time to a time just before Jesus rose from the dead. He was not at the right hand of the Father, because He left that exalted state to become a man—and He had not yet returned to the Father. From eternities past to eternities future, there has been only one tiny portion of time where the second member of the Godhood was not at the right hand of the Father—and that was the short 32 years He was on the earth.

No man was found because at this moment in time, Jesus had not yet risen from the dead, to be found as the redeemer of man. The Holy Spirit was there simply because Jesus had not yet ascended to send Him down.

John wept...not a little but nuch...and during that time of John weeping, Jesus rose from the dead. He was immediately found worthy to take the book and open the seals. Then, after Jesus told Mary not to hold onto Him, He ascended to the Father, and the Holy Spirit was immediately send down to the church.

So after all that, what time was it? It was around 32 AD when Jesus ascended to the throne. What was the first thing Jesus did? He took the book from the Father's hand and began immediately to break seals. Therefore, there can only be one conclusion: the first seals were broken about 32 AD.

The first seal was a white horse and rider. White was to represent righteousness. What was the one entity on earth in 32 AD that was righteous? Of course, the infant church was righteous. This first seal was and is to represent the church sent out with the gospel to make disciples of all nations. He rides alone. He conquers and overcomes. Today there is no country anywhere where the Gospel has not been at some time or other. And today, thanks to the internet, the gospel is everywhere the internet is.

Next we have the Red horse and rider, the black horse and rider and the pale horse and rider. These three ride together. John wrote, “And power was given unto them...”—these three— “to kill with the sword:” the red horse; to kill “with hunger:” the black horse; and to kill “with death:” the pale horse. They are to represent the feeble attempts of the devil to stop the advance of the gospel.

God limited their theater of operation to one fourth of the earth. I am convinced, Satan was sure he could keep the church bottled up in that one fourth and prove God to be a liar. This one fourth would certainly be centered over Jerusalem, so would probably take in all of Europe and Africa. Well, it is obvious he failed. The gospel of our Lord is everywhere—in every nation under the sun—yet there are many that still need to be reached.

Finally we come to the 5th seal, the first seal with a hint of a long wait. Because many have misunderstood the timing, they have supposed these to be 70th-week martyrs. No, they are church-age martyrs, and Stephen was one of the first. If we understand what God said to them, we have a hint to the timing of the rapture.

Stop for a moment and think: if these were 70th week martyrs, they would have no reason to ask how long, for they would know they had only 7 years or less to wait. But consider Stephen: he did not know how long the church age would be...and he has waited nearly 2000 years.

They were told they must wait until the very last martyr was killed in the same manner they were killed— as church-age martyrs. (John could not have been speaking of how each one died, for they were all different: the one common thing—they were all killed as church age martyrs.)

What would make the very last church age martyr? Of course, the end of the church age would cause the end of church age martyrs; anyone martyred after this would be classified as a 70th week martyr. What will end the church age? Of course, the pre-trib rapture of the church will end the church age.

So what is the very next event in John's book? Of course the 6th seal comes after the 5th seal. We are right now between the 5th and 6th seal, waiting on the rapture that will end the church age. What is the final sentence at the 6th seal? "The day of His wrath has come." Remember, we have no appointment with His wrath. He comes to delivers us from His wrath.

The book is, without much doubt, Adam's lease document to Earth. I am quite sure that Satan demanded some of the seals on it, as was his right as god of this world. He usurped Adam's lease. Why do I say this? Because at the 7th trumpet some major event must take place for the kingdoms of the world to be taken from the devil and giving to Jesus. I surmise that at that moment in time, Adam's lease has expired. I believe it is a legal document because God always does things legally.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status