Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well, I made the account for the purpose of posting to this thread, but I am told that I cannot pm you because I haven't posted 15 posts :(

Maybe you can pm me your email and we can go from there?

Thanks,
One of those rules you have to work with......

Upvote 0

mrasell

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
✟8,172.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have seen many books or computer programs that contain errors. And the ones in the prophecy seminars have errors also. Now that I have quite a bit of notes, material and images from collecting through the years, I want to share them with others and eventually compile them into a book or a computer program.

I'm going to go through my notes and try to make two studies a week. There is enough material and if the Lord willing, we will have on-going studies until Jesus comes back.

Please give your thoughts, inputs and corrections to make it lively. This is one study that Satan doesn't want us to learn.

Be back shortly...

You might be interested in my book, "Exploring the Heavenly Sanctuary".
The sanctuary doctrine is based on Leviticus, Daniel, Hebrews and Revelation. All four books are important in understanding this doctrine.

Upvote 0

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I made this animation of the sanctuary with Google SketchUp. The dimensions are truth to what's given in the bible. This should give a very good visualization of the sanctuary in the wilderness. I'm still missing some details ornaments of the candlesticks and missing the cherubims and the Shekinah. These requires professional animation skills which I don't have. If i figure out how to do them or come across someone else's work I can borrow, I'll complete the details.

http://vid1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag2/daweil/z32/sanctuary1_zpsursbsubn.mp4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is a blessing OntheDL, thankyou. I am going to copy all of this off.

God Bless you
Jim Larmore

I can put all the 40 studies + all the pictures, animation + 1 week crash-course study in a zip file for people to download if there is interest.

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Revelation 14
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

The scene of 144000 in Revelation 14 is depicted in the Israelites' encampment in the wilderness: Christ stood on the throne, with Him the 4 seraphims, the 24 elders and the 144000.

In the Sanctuary, the throne of God stood in the center. The order of priests: the 24 sons of Aaron served in front of the throne daily. The 4 standards/flags were erected on the 4 sides in front of the camps.

The 4 flags with 4 living creatures symbolize Christ's characters:
Lion: Christ the king
Ox: Christ the servant
Man: Christ the man
Eagle: Christ the divine

Lion symbolizes the majestic side of Christ, the king of kings, the Lord of lords...
Ox symbolizes the servitude, the toiling, patient characters of Christ.
Man symbolizes Christ's human nature. 'Behold the man.' Pilate declared.
Eagle symbolized the divine nature of Christ that's far above all else.

The Four reveal what the four gospels convey:
Matthew: Christ the king
Mark: Christ the servant
Luke: Christ the man
John: Christ the divine

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
First the Holy Convocation were not call feast. This is a pagan word. The four creatures were not symbolic of THE MESSIAH but they are cherubim made just like Satan. They are the highest rank of the angels. Ezekiel gives you exactly what John saw, he describe who they are. These angels have the privilege to carry the Throne of YAHWEH and that it!

Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward. As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies. And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went. As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning. Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces. The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel. When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went. As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four. And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as THE VOICE of THE ALMIGHTY, THE VOICE of Speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings. And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a Throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon THE LIKENESS of the Throne was THE LIKENESS as the appearance of a man above upon it. As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the APPEARANCE of the LIKENESS of THE GLORY of YAHWEH. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard A VOICE of ONE that Spake. Eze 1:5-18, 24, 26, 28

The Sanctuary in Heaven is the Court room and THE ALMIGHTY presides in THE MOST HOLY PLACE. It is not just a room but a place and we cannot even imagine the beauty of this place. Moses sanctuary was just a pattern of the real. Blood is never used in the real one. If we truly understood the Holy Convocation and not with the earthly offerings, we know that these days are still binding. We were giving the opportunity to understand on Oct 25,1844 that true meaning for the Day of Atonement was the beginning of the Investigated Judgment. We are to keep these days, they are not sabbaths but days pointing to salvation and what will take place in the last days. These Holy days YAHWEH said are HIS and they were given in creation Gen 1:14. The word feast is pagan because Satan had all men to have set time but they over indulge in food and sexual appetite on their unholy days.

We have the Sanctuary message but we have toss it aside and do not understand because we do not understand the Holy Convocation, the new moons and the solemn occasion!

Blessings!

Upvote 0

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I haven't made an update the Sanctuary Study thread in awhile. I made a final review Q&A with my recent study group. I'll post the answers at a later time. I really enjoyed this and I hope you will enjoy and find blessings in it.

Happy Sabbath!

Final Review

1. Give Hebrew/biblical meaning of these numbers:
1:
2:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
40:
70:
2. Look at the organization of Israel, list the leading tribe on each side, its ensign, its corresponding gospel book in the New Testament and its depiction.
North

West East

South

3. What is the purpose of the sanctuary built on earth?
Hint: Psalm 29:9, Exodus 25:8, Psalm 77:13

4. Look at the layout of the sanctuary (see attached image), where is justification represented, where is sanctification represented, where is glorification represented?

5. Where was the first place of worship ever recorded in the bible?

6. Why there was a dirt ramp on the south side of the altar Ex 20:26?

7. There were brass plates like fish scales affixed to the side of the altar. What were they representative of? Num 16.

8. The amber from the altar were taken out side of the camp to die out at the end of the day? What did this represent? 4T p121

9. The Solomon’s temple was built on the exact spot where Abraham tried to sacrifice Isaac. What does this signify?

10.What do the following materials mean in biblical sign language? Wood, brass, gold, silver.

11. What do the following colors represented? White, blue, red, purple?

12. What does the Hebrew word ‘accept’ mean with respect to the sanctuary service?

13. The laver was a container of water and was made of looking glass of women? What dual ministries does that tell us?

14. The laver had a ‘foot’ resting on the desert floor. What does this show us?

15. Why was the laver placed off the center axis slightly towards to the south?

16. What type of sin the sacrificial system has no provision for?

17. Why was the daily service never to be interrupted, even on the weekly Sabbath or the annual Sabbaths?

18. How did the little horn power interrupt the daily (tamid) service?

19. How does the sanctuary, the veil in particular depict Christ’s human nature as sinful?

20. The veil had a continuous gold thread woven into it. What does it represent?

21. The shewbread had frankincense sprinkled onto it. What does it represent?

22. Why does the bread represent the Word of God?

23. Where is Christ’s throne presented in the holy place?

24. Why did Jesus say ‘you must eat his flesh and drink his blood’?

25. What does incense represent? And why was the altar of incense placed in a diamond shape rather than a square shape?

26. The cross laid the foundation for all worship. In what ways are the table of shewbread, the altar of incense, the menorah, and the ark connected to the altar of sacrifice?

27. What was the menorah made of and what does it represent?

28. Why didn’t the bible give dimension for the menorah?

29. The menorah had 70 almond tree ornaments? What does that represent?

30. 2 Peter 3:12 says we should hasten the return of Christ. With the menorah, the golden almond tree in mind how can Christians hasten his advent?

31. Why did God smite Uzzah when he put his hand on the ark?

32. How do we know the Decalogue was inscribed on sapphire stones?

33. What does the manna represent? John 6:58, Neh 9:20

34. Why does Haggai 2:9 say the glory of the latter house (the Herodian temple) would be greater than the former (the Solomon’s temple)?

35. Who was one of the covering cherubims that fell?

36. Who temporarily replaced the fallen covering cherub? Who will be the permanent replacement ultimately?

37. Which law was nailed to the cross? How were the laws stored differently in the Most Holy place depicted the difference between the moral law and the ceremonial law?

38. Concerning the law in Galatians 3: the schoolmaster whom the Christians are no longer under…is it the ceremonial law or the moral law of the ten commandments?

39. When was Christ’s inauguration as our high priest? What signal did the disciple receive of this?

40. Who were the 24 elders as typified in the dedication service ?

41. The high priest had urim and thummim on his shoulders. What do they represent with regard to the alpha and omega?

42. What did Caiaphas do that should have condemned himself to death while condemning Jesus? Lev 10:6; Ex 39:23

43. What gospel song do the 12 gem stones on the high priest’s breast plate sing?

44. Why was God pleased with Abel’s offerings but not with Cain’s offerings?

45. On what 3 Hebrew calendar events did God require holy convocation?

46. Does the weekly Sabbath point to the rest in Jesus and rest to be received from the final redemption?

47. Which 3 annual feasts require pilgrimage?

48. What events did Passover look back to and looked forward to?

49. Why were unleavened bread Lev 23:6-8 and unfermented wine Lev 2:11 required for Passover?

50. What does the Feast of First Fruit represent?

51. What events did the Day of Pentecost look back to and looked forward to?

52. On which day of the biblical calendar is the temple filled with smoke, Rev 15:8?

53. Which day is the only day of mandatory fasting in the Hebrew calendar year?

54. In what regalia was the high priest wearing while entering into the Most Holy place on the Day of Atonement?

55. The golden censer was taken into the MHP on the Day of Atonement. How did Jesus fulfill it?

56. The blood of the bullock was sprinkled onto the mercy seat on the Day of Atonement. How did Jesus fulfill this act?

57. The Lord’s goat was sacrifice on the Day of Atonement. But why no sin was confessed over it?

58. Why did the scapegoat have the sins confessed over it but was not sacrificed?

59. True or false: the atonement finished at the cross? And why?

60. The penitents confessed their sins to the lamb, then the blood of the lamb was carried into the holy place and sprinkled onto the veil. On the day of Atonement, what did this act teach us?

61. After the sins were confessed to the scapegoat, the sanctuary was declared clean. What does this represent?(choose correct answer)
a. How God deals with the sin problem.
b. The confessed sins are bared by Satan.
c. The saints are vindicated.
d. God is ultimately vindicated since God was on trial in the great controversy with Satan.
e. All of the above​

62. Why did Dan 12:1 say Michael shall stand up? And why did Stephen see Jesus standing?

63. Which book was sealed then unsealed in the time of the end, Rev 10?

64. Dan 12:4 people shall run to and fro and knowledge shall be increased. What context is this talking about?

65. Why did the 1260 year prophecy, 1290 year prophecy, 1335 year prophecy and 2300 year prophecy all end before or on the year 1844?

66. Who is the angel seen by John in Rev 10 and why did he declare ‘there should be time no longer’ in Rev 10:6?

67. What event did Rev 10:9,10 ‘sweet in the mouth, bitter in the belly’ foretell?

68. What is the Great Commission God given to the remnant of the Millerites? Rev 10:11, Rev 11:1.

69. What do the open door and the shut door mentioned to the Philadelphians in Rev 3:7,8, represent?
1. Shut door:
2. Open door:
a.
b.
c.​

70. What did the Feast of Tabernacle look back to and what does it look forward to? What does the week of the Feast of Tabernacle represent?

71. On the 8th day of the Feast of Tabernacle, the field was plowed. What did this represent?

72. What took place on the sabbatic year?
a. all debts are cancelled,
b. slaves are freed,
c. the fields are unattended to allow it to rest,
d. all of the above​

73. What ceremony took place for the slaves who wished to remain with the master?

74. What events took place on the year of Jubilee?

75. Why did it require faith in God for the Hebrews to observe the Sabbatic years and the year of Jubilee?

76. What was a part of reason the Jews were taken into Babylonian captivity?

77. What do the Sabbatic years and the year of Jubilee foreshadow?

Attachments

• sanctuary.jpg
    sanctuary.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The sanctuary doctrine is unique to Adventism and is critical to understand the whole bible. Much of the bible was written in sanctuary language. For example when Jesus said 'this cup is the new testament of my blood which is shed for many', it is 'impossible' to fully understand it without knowing it's application in the sanctuary services.

The sanctuary was a vivid illustration of God's plan of salvation. Understanding the sanctuary will give us the knowledge to discern truth from error. Unfortunately it has been under enemy's attack and it is no longer clearly taught in our schools. And our ministers don't even know it.

I've had the privillage to have been exposed to the studies of some of the foremost experts on this subject. I have made some images and notes on the study. I want to start a thread/discussion in the traditional section to share them with all of us. And get feedbacks, corrections, inputs... eventually get them into a more comprehansive study...all for the goal that we are ready for the second coming of Jesus.
Excellent post...

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Here is an awesome verse which I forget when sharing truth about obedience and the law.
Psalms:77:13: "Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?"
Pretty much everything we need to know about God we can find in the sanctuary.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Here is a provocative question for those who have studied the sanctuary...what does the sanctuary say on the subject of 'trinity'? :wave:

Interesting thought I never even considered.

I think of the altar of burnt offering as Jesus and the mercy seat as God. I know all the furniture represents Jesus, these are just the obvious ones.

Upvote 0

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting thought I never even considered.

I think of the altar of burnt offering as Jesus and the mercy seat as God. I know all the furniture represents Jesus, these are just the obvious ones.

Right, the Father is figured in the MHP above the mercy seat. The Son is figured at the altar of sacrifice, at the laver (for cleansing), at the table (as the bread of presence), at the altar of incense (as his merit) and at the menorah (as the light)...

What about the spirit? How is it presented as deity in the sanctuary?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here is a provocative question for those who have studied the sanctuary...what does the sanctuary say on the subject of 'trinity'? :wave:
It fits my view of the Godhead... the Father (Mercy seat), the Son (High Priest), the shewbread (Inspired Word), the Mennorah (the Holy Spirit), the laver (Baptism), the alter (repentance and surrender).

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Right, the Father is figured in the MHP above the mercy seat. The Son is figured at the altar of sacrifice, at the laver (for cleansing), at the table (as the bread of presence), at the altar of incense (as his merit) and at the menorah (as the light)...

What about the spirit? How is it presented as deity in the sanctuary?

Always fire. I would say, and I just skimmed some SOP that the lamp which is filled with never ending oil, always burning.

Upvote 0