United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From MPDI Journal, a study questioning the current policy of vaccination.

https://res.mdpi.com/d_attachment/vaccines/vaccines-09-00693/article_deploy/vaccines-09-00693-v2.pdf

Conclusions:

The present assessment raises the question whether it would be necessary to rethink policies and use COVID-19 vaccines more sparingly and with some discretion only in those that are willing to accept the risk because they feel more at risk from the true infection than the mock infection. Perhaps it might be necessary to dampen the enthusiasm by sober facts? In our view, the EMA and national authorities should instigate a safety review into the safety database of COVID-19 vaccines and governments should carefully consider their policies in light of these data. Ideally, independent scientists should carry out thorough case reviews of the very severe cases, so that there can be evidence-based recommendations on who is likely to benefit from a SARS-CoV2 vaccination and who is in danger of suffering from side effects. Currently, our estimates show that we have to accept four fatal and 16 serious side effects per 100,000 vaccinations in order to save the lives of 2–11 individuals per 100,000 vaccinations, placing risks and benefits on the same order of magnitude.

"Placing risks and benefits on the same order of magnitude."

Interested in thoughts pro and con.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The actual death rate for getting Covid (delta and the other variants) per 100,000 is several hundred.

You'll want to correct the false number "2-11" you said, since it's about 100 times lower than the real number.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The other articles surrounding this issue, and the lack of composition talent of the person who wrote the article indicates, it's probably another conspiracy theory generated by foreign governments to try and get us sick.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the AdverseDrug Reactions (ADR) database of the European Medicines Agency and of the Dutch NationalRegister (lareb.nl) is anything like our own VAERS database, then it is worse than useless to determine actual adverse effects caused by, well, anything. It is only a starting place to gauge possible correlated side effects.

• Informative
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I decided that I was at far greater risk from the virus, than I was from the vaccine.

I think no matter what problems result from getting the vaccine, they will pale in comparison to the problems that result from getting the virus.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If the AdverseDrug Reactions (ADR) database of the European Medicines Agency and of the Dutch NationalRegister (lareb.nl) is anything like our own VAERS database, then it is worse than useless to determine actual adverse effects caused by, well, anything. It is only a starting place to gauge possible correlated side effects.

Here's a quote from the paper about using data from a Dutch database of vaccine reactions as a proxy for the whole of Europe:

Apart from this, our data tallied well with the data from the U.S. CDC vaccine adverse reporting system [12], which indirectly validates our decision.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your source, MDPI, has some credibility issues:

MDPI's business practices have resulted in significant growth but have attracted criticism, with controversies related to the quality of its peer reviews and accusations of subordination of academic functions to business interests.[10][11][12][13] The publisher's business model is based on establishing entirely open access broad-discipline journals, with fast processing times from submission to publication and article processing charges paid by the author.[3] MDPI was included on Jeffrey Beall's list of predatory open access publishing companies in 2014[12][14] but was removed in 2015 following a successful appeal

In August 2018, 10 senior editors (including the editor-in-chief) of the journal Nutrients resigned, alleging that MDPI forced the replacement of the editor-in-chief because of his high editorial standards and for resisting pressure to "accept manuscripts of mediocre quality and importance."

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't have problems with this vaccine, and maybe the vaccine is really safe, I have problems with how much they are trying to force the vaccine on people.

In my birth country, Slovakia, the politicians and all the celebrities say that vaccines are freedom, If you want to be free, take the vaccine. They are already talking about giving benefits to people who take the vaccine. One holiday agency will charge the vaccinated less money if they travel. Also, my cousin works as a teacher, and the teachers were told that in order for them to continue their job, they have to take the vaccine. Btw my cousin is 26 and she couldn't move out of the bed for 2 days.

I currently live in England and over a week ago, they announced compulsory vaccines for care workers. Take the jab or you are fired. People are forced to take a vaccine, that is still only in trial until 2023, is allowed for emergency use only, and vaccines companies nor the government are responsible for side effects. This is fascism.

Not to mention all the countries over the world, that offer you money, food etc. for taking the jab. Vaccine gives you freedom...doesn't that remind you of 'arbeit macht frei'?

Who gives the freedom, God, or government, scientist, vaccines? I never ever seen this about a vaccine. Who is so deceiving that tells people if they are vaccinated, they will have freedom? Sounds a lot like the devil to me

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I currently live in England and over a week ago, they announced compulsory vaccines for care workers. Take the jab or you are fired. People are forced to take a vaccine, that is still only in trial until 2023, is allowed for emergency use only, and vaccines companies nor the government are responsible for side effects. This is fascism.
It is, of course, not facism.

According to wikipedia, facism = a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy,

How does requiring health care workers to take a vaccine facism, exactly?

Is expecting students to get more than 50% on their exams or they can't get into university facism? Why not?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If the beast were an herbavore, the leaves would be money. Covid disrupts the food supply for these nation beasts, so getting people into a place where they can make impulse buys in a carefree fashion is a priority for them.

Since "the beast" of scripture is fueled by the red dragon, the resemblance to the devil is not unexpected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not to mention all the countries over the world, that offer you money, food etc. for taking the jab. Vaccine gives you freedom...doesn't that remind you of 'arbeit macht frei'?
No, it doesn"t.

The language in your post is representative of an oft-repeated pattern. The anti-vaxxer, with no actual science to defend their position, resorts to appeals to motherhood and apple pie and draws absurdly forced and, frankly, ridiculous comparisons such as this one.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The language in your post is representative of an oft-repeated pattern. The anti-vaxxer, with no actual science to defend their position, resorts to appeals to motherhood and apple pie and draws absurdly forced and, frankly, ridiculous comparisons such as this one.

Would to God we had more motherhood and apple pie!

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is, of course, not facism.

According to wikipedia, facism = a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy,

How does requiring health care workers to take a vaccine facism, exactly?

Is expecting students to get more than 50% on their exams or they can't get into university facism? Why not?

Because exams don't have side effects life the vaccine does. You cannot force people to have the vaccine. For young people it might well be more dangerous to take this vaccine than covid.

Under the COE (council of Europe) resolution 2361 7.3
ensure that citizens are informed that the vaccination is not mandatory and that no one is under political, social or other pressure to be vaccinated if they do not wish to do so;
ensure that no one is discriminated against for not having been vaccinated, due to possible health risks or not wanting to be vaccinated;
https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29004/html

Besides, the side effects as not as rare as media says they are.
There have been over 200,000 reports of side effects of Astra Zeneca in Britain alone. And we are not even 6 months in. Yes, many side effects are small, but I'll pick up the big ones.

Blood disorders: 6645
Ear disorders: 8250 of which 3306 reported tinnitus and 292 deafness
Eye disorders: 12181 of which 236 report blindness
Cardiac failure: 58
Blood disorder: 6645
Cardiac disorders: 7879
Maternal exposure during breast feeding: 1133

It has 116 pages, this is just a small sample
This is reported by the British government
https://assets.publishing.service.g...VID-19_vaccine_AstraZeneca_analysis_print.pdf

So please tell me why a young person should be forced into taking a vaccine to a virus when it barely affects the young people. I understand the old and vulnerable, but the young and healthy who have an immune system don't need to take it if the side effects look too big for them. Besides, once you had the covid, you build anti bodies that last years, so why force people to take the vaccine.

Oh and study the Nuremberg code. Remember when Hitler started, many people thought he was great, he was building roads and infrastructure, how did that turn up?

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, it doesn"t.

I am not an anti-vaxxer, I had many vaccines my self. Just because I don't want this one, doesn't mean I am against the vaccines. I just replied to your other post with facts and numbers.

And about that they offer you stuff for the vaccine. An easy google search would provide you with the answer that this is indeed the case
Do incentives of cash or gifts for covid-19 vaccines work?

There is so much more that this. In my birth country, if you take the vaccine, you are entered into a prize lottery. I never seen this before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟160,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
From MPDI Journal, a study questioning the current policy of vaccination.

https://res.mdpi.com/d_attachment/vaccines/vaccines-09-00693/article_deploy/vaccines-09-00693-v2.pdf

Conclusions:

The present assessment raises the question whether it would be necessary to rethink policies and use COVID-19 vaccines more sparingly and with some discretion only in those that are willing to accept the risk because they feel more at risk from the true infection than the mock infection. Perhaps it might be necessary to dampen the enthusiasm by sober facts? In our view, the EMA and national authorities should instigate a safety review into the safety database of COVID-19 vaccines and governments should carefully consider their policies in light of these data. Ideally, independent scientists should carry out thorough case reviews of the very severe cases, so that there can be evidence-based recommendations on who is likely to benefit from a SARS-CoV2 vaccination and who is in danger of suffering from side effects. Currently, our estimates show that we have to accept four fatal and 16 serious side effects per 100,000 vaccinations in order to save the lives of 2–11 individuals per 100,000 vaccinations, placing risks and benefits on the same order of magnitude.

"Placing risks and benefits on the same order of magnitude."

Interested in thoughts pro and con.
Their NNTV (numbers needed to vaccinate) are pure fiction, based on a particularly clueless letter to the editor of the BMJ (from December, I believe) which they cite. If they haven't figured out the problem with those calculations in the following months it reflects very badly on them. I don't think anyone other than antivaxxers will take this paper seriously.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is so much more that this. In my birth country, if you take the vaccine, you are entered into a prize lottery. I never seen this before.
So what? What ethical principle is violated here? What is wrong with motivating people to do the right thing?

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So what? What ethical principle is violated here? What is wrong with motivating people to do the right thing?

If it's the right thing. Wouldn't surprise me if the elites know what damage the vaccine will do, then this is completely wrong.

Nevertheless, pray to God, dwell on it make your decision.

But if we are forcing people to take the vaccine, it's fascism. And no good spirit is behind it, but the spirit of deceit.

Upvote 0