THE SABBATH IS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT - WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IT IS ABOLISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
HEBREWS 4 is talking about the Gospel rest of BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD; v29 Learn of me; v30 my burden (doing) is light. This agrees with Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. HEBREWS 4:9 is in reference to God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST which is the CONTEXT shown in HEBREWS 4:1-5. HEBREWS 4 therefore with context added is saying that no one enter God's Sabbath rest if they do not BELIEVE God's WORD or follow it.
Observing the 7th day sabbath requires no faith.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Observing the 7th day sabbath requires no faith.

Of course it does. God says it, if we BELIEVE God's WORD then we do what God says the same as God says we should not lie. If we BELIEVE GOD we will not lie.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course it does. God says it, if we BELIEVE God's WORD then we do what God says the same as God says we should not lie. If we BELIEVE GOD we will not lie.
No it doesn't because Israel kept the 7th day sabbath as easily shown in the NT, yet they didn't believe.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is only c&p to your repitation. As I said earlier, ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear.
That's because you're running on empty and refuse to discuss any passage I post.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No it doesn't because Israel kept the 7th day sabbath as easily shown in the NT, yet they didn't believe.
If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-17.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope, what I mean is ONLY God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it *ROMANS 3:4
So resort to calling me a liar when you who claims to love God's Word refuse to address the entirety of my quote from Gal 5.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Do you believe and do all of God's Word?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe and do all of God's Word?

Yes I do however, this statement needs to be considered in the CONTEXT of what it means to be GROWING in GRACE and KNOWLEDGE by BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD which will change as we CONTINUE in God's WORD *JOHN 8:31-36.

When we are BABES in CHRIST we only KNOW the milk of God's WORD *1 PETER 2:2. As we GROW in grace we learn more of God's WORD then God expects us to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his Word as he reveals it to us *HEBREWS 5:12-14; 1 CORINTHIANS 3:2; ACTS 17:30. God only holds us accountable to the things we KNOW not the things that we do not KNOW *ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17. If God reveals to us his Word and we turn away from God's WORD at this point we are not longer following GOD's WORD.

Growing in Grace and learning more through God's WtORD is a work of a lifetime. Here are some the same thoughts expressed thoughts expressed from the scriptures below...

GROWING IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD’S WORD

The Holy Spirit as we continue in God's WORD will help us to have a closer walk with Jesus as we learn of him through his WORD God expects us to change our lives and to live up to all the light he reveals to us through his Word.

2 PETER 3:17-18 [17]
[17], You therefore, beloved, seeing you know these things before, beware lest you also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.
[18], But grow in grace, and in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2 PETER 1:1-8
[1], Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ:
[2], Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, AND OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,
[3], According as his divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the KNOWLEDGE of him that has called us to glory and virtue:
[4], Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
[5], And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue KNOWLEDGE;
[6], And to KNOWLEDGE temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
[7], And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
[8], For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord Jesus Christ.

now in times of IGNORANCE when we do not know any better as we are babes and children growing in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, God does not hold us accountable to things we do not know and to things he has not revealed to us or has not taught us.

ACTS 17:30
[30], And the times of this ignorance God winked at [does not hold us accountable]; BUT NOW [WHEN A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH HAS COME] commands all men every where to repent.

When God reveals to us a KNOWLEDGE of the truth, then he expects us to change [REPENT] and to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. At this time God has revealed to us a new KNOWLEDGE to help us to have a closer walk with him.

At EVERY POINT in the Christian life, as we grow in grace and in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, we have a decision to make. Do I NOW BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD? Or do I not BELIEVE God's WORD and not change our lives?

If we choose NOT to BELIEVE AND FOLLOW God's WORD or simply BELIEVE but DO NOT FOLLOW God's WORD because we LOVE SIN more then having a closer walk with Jesus until we REPENT and BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD we become "UNBELIEVERS" No unbeliever has part in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN because they have fallen from Grace.

JAMES 4:17 [17] Therefore to him that KNOWS to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin.

If we reject God's WORD when Jesus is calling us to GROW in GRACE and in the KNOWLEDGE of his WORD it is the same as rejecting Jesus.

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,[27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

It is only as we CONTINUE in God's WORD gainig a KNOWLEDGE to Follow Jesus that we continue to be his disciples.

JOHN 8:31 [31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD, then are you my disciples indeed [this means CONTINUE TO GROW in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, BY BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING God's WORD]; [32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

If we fail to CONTINUE in his WORD BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING God's WORD then at that point we no longer are his Children. Many Christians will be lost come judgment day because when God revlealed more of his WORD to them to help them to have a closer walk with Jesus they choose their SINS over the WORD of God.

JOHN 3:19 [19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) God's 4th commandments is not a Shadow law. It is one of the 10 Commandments that give us a KNOWLEDGE of sin. If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I do however, this statement needs to be considered in the CONTEXT of what it means to be GROWING in GRACE and KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD.

When we are BABES in CHRIST we only KNOW the milk of God's WORD *1 PETER 2:2. As we GROW in grace we learn more of God's WORD then God expects us to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his Word as he reveals it to us *HEBREWS 5:12-14; 1 CORINTHIANS 3:2; ACTS 17:30. God only holds us accountable to the things we KNOW not the things that we do not KNOW *ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17. If God reveals to us his Word and we turn away from God's WORD at this point we are not longer following GOD's WORD.

Growing in Grace and learning more through God's WtORD is a work of a lifetime. Here are some the same thoughts expressed thoughts expressed from the scriptures below...

GROWING IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD’S WORD

The Holy Spirit as we continue in God's WORD will help us to have a closer walk with Jesus as we learn of him through his WORD God expects us to change our lives and to live up to all the light he reveals to us through his Word.

2 PETER 3:17-18 [17]
[17], You therefore, beloved, seeing you know these things before, beware lest you also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.
[18], But grow in grace, and in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2 PETER 1:1-8
[1], Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ:
[2], Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, AND OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,
[3], According as his divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the KNOWLEDGE of him that has called us to glory and virtue:
[4], Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
[5], And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue KNOWLEDGE;
[6], And to KNOWLEDGE temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
[7], And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
[8], For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord Jesus Christ.

now in times of IGNORANCE when we do not know any better as we are babes and children growing in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, God does not hold us accountable to things we do not know and to things he has not revealed to us or has not taught us.

ACTS 17:30
[30], And the times of this ignorance God winked at [does not hold us accountable]; BUT NOW [WHEN A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH HAS COME] commands all men every where to repent.

When God reveals to us a KNOWLEDGE of the truth, then he expects us to change [REPENT] and to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. At this time God has revealed to us a new KNOWLEDGE to help us to have a closer walk with him.

At EVERY POINT in the Christian life, as we grow in grace and in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, we have a decision to make. Do I NOW BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD? Or do I not BELIEVE God's WORD and not change our lives?

If we choose NOT to BELIEVE AND FOLLOW God's WORD or simply BELIEVE but DO NOT FOLLOW God's WORD because we LOVE SIN more then having a closer walk with Jesus until we REPENT and BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD we become "UNBELIEVERS" No unbeliever has part in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN because they have fallen from Grace.

JAMES 4:17 [17] Therefore to him that KNOWS to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin.

If we reject God's WORD when Jesus is calling us to GROW in GRACE and in the KNOWLEDGE of his WORD it is the same as rejecting Jesus.

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,[27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

It is only as we CONTINUE in God's WORD gainig a KNOWLEDGE to Follow Jesus that we continue to be his disciples.

JOHN 8:31 [31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD, then are you my disciples indeed [this means CONTINUE TO GROW in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, BY BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING God's WORD]; [32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

If we fail to CONTINUE in his WORD BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING God's WORD then at that point we no longer are his Children. Many Christians will be lost come judgment day because when God revlealed more of his WORD to them to help them to have a closer walk with Jesus they choose their SINS over the WORD of God.

JOHN 3:19 [19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) God's 4th commandments is not a Shadow law. It is one of the 10 Commandments that give us a KNOWLEDGE of sin. If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Do you kill your unmarried daughter if she is found not to be a virgin?

Do you circumcise your boys on their eighth day to be a Christian?

Do you kill your children if they are found in a lie?

Do you participate in killing anyone that does not keep the Sabbath, or any of the other Commandments?

Do you walk to church? Did you make your bed when you got up? Turn on any lights? Do you travel far to church that requires buying gas? Do you eat pre-prepared cold sandwiches and do not use your stove? Do you do the dishes after lunch?

• Winner
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you kill your unmarried daughter if she is found not to be a virgin?

Do you circumcise your boys on their eighth day to be a Christian?

Do you kill your children if they are found in a lie?

Do you participate in killing anyone that does not keep the Sabbath, or any of the other Commandments?

Do you walk to church? Did you make your bed when you got up? Turn on any lights? Do you travel far to church that requires buying gas? Do you eat pre-prepared cold sandwiches and do not use your stove? Do you do the dishes after lunch?

What do you think the post just sent to you and all the scriptures provided there is saying which answers your first question?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What do you think the post just sent to you and all the scriptures provided there is saying which answers your first question?

What? Are you claiming ignorance to God's Word?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What? Are you claiming ignorance to God's Word?

I am growing in God's Grace which is a work of a lifetime as I learn God's WORD are you? What do you think the post just sent to you on Growing in God's Grace and all the scriptures provided there is saying which answers your first question?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am growing in God's Grace which is a work of a lifetime as I learn God's WORD are you? What do you think the post just sent to you and all the scriptures provided there is saying which answers your first question?

What do you consider to be God's grace? Overlooking a law?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What do you consider to be God's grace? Overlooking a law?

I am happy to discuss this question, but I did ask you a question and have been answering yours. Did you wish to answer the question I asked you? If you do not wish to answer the question it is ok just let me know.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.