THE SABBATH IS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT - WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IT IS ABOLISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your dose of condemnation is duly noted. It has nothing to do with the topic of discussion.

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of GOD. JESUS says those who follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of GOD are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. There is only condemnation in God's WORD if we do not follow it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I've exposed your straw man and burned him.

Yea which was what? If your making claims please provide proof like what is done with your posts. If you cannot your simply making false accusations you cannot prove so bearing false witness. I will leave that between you and God. I have already forgiven you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No I attempted to discuss the contents. The truth is you simply don't like what I said. Check your words above and say you're not subbing words or saying words of different meaning are the same.

Not at all. You are provided God's WORD and it disagrees with you. You choose to ignore God's WORD and provide your own. These are God's WORD not mine brother so your argument is with God not me. I good example here is the post you are quoting from that you simply ignored and did not respond to which was...

One scripture defines the next.

PSALMS 119:142-143 says that God's RIGHTOUESNESS is EVERLASTING and the very next verse posted DEFINES GOD'S RIGHTOUESNESS as the 10 COMMANDMENTS *PSALMS 119:172 which is EVERLASTING.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's WORD does indeed teach that JESUS is the God of creation. Not only in JOHN 1:1-4; 14. Let's look at the scriptures you left out of your previous post. Although we are getting side tracked a little it is ok because JESUS is the God of creation where he created the SABBATH for mankind that he is the LORD of and commands us to REMEMBER and KEEP HOLY as a celebration of creation and the creator *MARK 2:27-28. Let's look at the scriptures.
No Jn 1 doesn't say Jesus is the Creator. I used to think that until I read Revelation. The Lamb and Lion of Judah, Jesus Christ the Righteous doesn't sit on the throne in Revelation 4. Jesus receives the Book from Him, Who sits on the throne. You can't get around that and prove by your post you don't believe Revelation. This also makes and idiot out of John. It's no small wonder why the lost say Christians are fools.

Now you say we're getting a little side tracted. I disagree because the issue is foundational to your position even of the title of the thread.

Mk 2:27-28 makes no claim Jesus is the Creator of the sabbath. Nor does make the claim Christians or anyone else is required to keep the sabbath which you don't any way. So your point is mute on all counts.
JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD AND THE GOD OF CREATION

JOHN 1:1-4; 10; 14
[1], In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD.
[2], The same was in the beginning with God.
[3], ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANYTHING MADE THAT WAS MADE.
[4], In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

[10], He was in the world, and THE WORLD WAS MADE BY HIM, and the world knew him not.
[14], And THE WORD BECAME FLESH [JESUS], and dwelled among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
All things were made by Who? God. Yes Jesus was present at and during creation noted by "...Let us make man in our image..." in Gen 1:26. Who is speaking in Gen 1:28? Isn't it the same Entity Who took Israel to wife and divorced her? That isn't Jesus' wife because the Bride of Jesus is the Church which is clearly not Israel, physical or spiritual. Do you see where this could really go?

I also could talk about verse 2 you quote above. Who was with God? Since verse 2 is speaking about God the Father because the Word was with God verse 3 is still about God the Father and not Who was with Him. That lines up perfectly with Rev 4:11.
HEBREWS 11:3 [3], Through faith we understand THAT THE WORLDS WERE FRAMED BY THE WORD OF GOD, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Yes God spoke the universe into being. The word used here is "rhēma" not "logos." So what you're really doing is locating similar English phrases with a concordance and saying they're the same. When I consider that you're arguing because of unbelief based on deception.
COLOSSIANS 1:14-20
[14], In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
[15], Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
[16], FOR BY HIM WERE ALL THINGS CREATED THAT ARE IN HEAVEN AND EARTH, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
[17], And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
[18], And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
[19], For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell;
[20], And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things to himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Here again you pit the Bible against itself. Yes I understand your light reading of the above passage. You refuse to admit Rev 4 and 5 are true and indeed written by a very confused author John. I don't believe you believe the Scripture are really inspired. Neither would an unregenerate person. They would rightly dismiss you as an idiot and reject Jesus.
HEBREWS 1:2-3
[2], Has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, BY WHOM HE MADE THE WORLDS;
[3], Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
Here you're arguing agency not the responsible Entity. I already admitted Jesus was present and participated in creation with Gen 1:28. That however doesn't negate Rev 4:11-5:7.
HEBREWS 1:8-12
[8], BUT TO THE SON HE SAYS, YOUR THRONE. O' GOD IS FOREVER AND EVER: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom.
[9], You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.
[10], AND YOU LORD IN THE BEGINNING HAVE LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS.
Can't be the same throne if God sits on the throne. Is God the Father some where else or surrendering His throne? You're not reading verse 13 - "But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?"
1 CORINTHIANS 8:6 [6], But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; AND ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST BY WHOM ARE ALL THINGS AND WE BY HIM.
This isn't a reference to creation.
HEBREWS 3:1-4
[1], Why, holy brothers, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
[2], Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
[3], For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as HE WHO HAS BUILT THE HOUSE HAS MORE HONOR THEN THE HOUSE.
[4], For every house is built by some man; BUT HE THAT BUILT ALL THINGS IS GOD.
So you've got a problem by thinking this contradicts Rev 4:11-5:7.
EPHESIANS 3:9 [9], And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world has been hid in God, WHO CREATED ALL THINGS BY JESUS CHRIST.
Who did what? I read God (the Father) created all things thru the agency of Jesus Christ. What you're saying here is similar to factory workers being the creators of something the company gets credit for. If it weren't for the company the factory workers would not be doing anything. So in that case who is the creator of the manufactured product?
Some in the last days will not BELIEVE JESUS is the WORD of GOD and the Creator of HEAVEN and EARTH...
I noticed what you said here. Did you? or are you just being sloppy?
2 PETER 3:5-7
[5], For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
[6], Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
[7], But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved to fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
For sure.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
INDEED the creator of HEAVEN and earth is JESUS whos throne is with God as shown through God's WORD.

HEBERWS 1:8
BUT TO THE SON HE SAYS, YOUR THRONE O' GOD IS FOREVER AND EVER: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom
So evidently God the Father surrenders His throne by your intent here. I disagree.
REVELATION 3:21 To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, EVEN AS I OVERCAME AND AM SET DOWN WITH MY FATHER IN HIS THRONE.
But not on His throne.
HEBREWS 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER when he had by himself purged our sins, SAT DOWN ON THE RIGHT HAND OF THE MAJESTY ON HIGH:
If Jesus sits down on the right hand of the Majesty on High, He can't be sitting on that throne.
HEBREWS 10:12
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, SAT DOWN ON THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.
Ditto

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm just looks like a bit of creative writing your side brother to argue against the scriptures provided earlier that you did not address. God's WORD says that GOD'S WORD is FOREVER *ISAIAH 40:8; LUKE 21:33 God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) were directly the Spoken WORD of GOD *EXODUS 20:8-11 which GOD's WORD says are FOREVER. Your response to God's WORD is "NO the are not" Who should we believe you or God's WORD? I know who I believe *ROMANS 3:4

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.
It looks very much like unbelief on your part to defend error.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
JESUS says on these two commandments of LOVE (love to GOD and love to man) HANG ALL THE LAW and the prophets *MATTHEW 22:36-40. Scripture is not the problem here brother it is simply your interpretation of the scripture you provide which has been already shown through the scriptures to be taken out of CONTEXT to suit your belief. Sorry brother but your claims of JEREMIAH is simply a false one and your teachings contradict God's WORD. God's WORD does not contradict itself. If you find your understanding of the scriptures contradicting the scriptures this should be a WARNING to you that you have an incorrect understanding of God's WORD that can lead you away from GOD. Only sent as a help in love brother.

Hope this helps.
We're not discussing what the law hangs on. Your intent is that it means we keep the law, well part of the law whether we like it or not. That simply isn't true based on the Gospel of John in 13:34.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

or

Jn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

reinforced by

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not at all. JEREMIAH 31:31-34 is in harmony with the scriptures provided you already. In fact it has been provided with you with many NEW COVENANT references in HEBREWS 8:10-12. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) are the work and writing of GOD alone *EXODUS 32:26. This connect with *ECCLESIASTES 3:14, I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOES, IT SHALL BE FOREVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him.
A tad bit defensive aren't you? Your references to Exodus and Ecclesiastes above have nothing to do with the topic of discussion. Your Hebrews reference is only a partial of your Jeremiah reference. So your just plain invalid in your argument.
While the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 was written by MOSES *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26 that pointed to JESUS and GOD'S plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT are fulfilled in Christ. No more SHADOW LAWS from the MOSAIC BOOK of the LAW *EXODUS 24:7; DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26. The NEW COVENANT brings an and to all the SHADOW laws for SIN offerings and burnt offerings that pointed to JESUS as well as the ceremonial Sanctuary laws from the levitical Priesthood that all point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation under the NEW COVENANT.
All of which have nothing to do with the New Covenant. The law served its purpose and no longer has any authority over New Covenant believers.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

And

LK 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

You press into the law, while I and others press into the kingdom of God.
God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) however has the same role in the NEW COVENANT that they always had and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.
Not for a dead man that has been raised to newness of life in Jesus Christ the Righteous. Rom 6:4
If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to? You mix up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 with God's ETERNAL LAW that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. If you do not understand what the OLD COVENANT was how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to?
I mix nothing while you mix the law with grace. You can't mix water and oil. They don't bind to each other. Yes they can be mixed together, but each maintains it identity. Much the same as the tares and wheat.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I said sadly in reference to your posts. All your posts have been addressed section by section and scripture by scripture showing the context you leave out of your interpretation of the scriptures. Sadly you ignore these posts and all the scriptures in them that disagree with you.
No you responded to reading my references with "Sadly, I did." That means to me you read my referenced Scripture references to your chagrin.

Where did you post about Jn 15:10 or Gal 3:19 to specify just a couple? I don't recall your ever addressing them. Like you say of me you talk about something else.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not at all. The NEW COVENANT is not the same as the old Covenant. No more animal sacricfices, sin offerings, ceremonial laws and Levitical Priesthood from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) have the same role they always had in the NEW COVENANT and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS *ROMANS 3:30; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSLAMS 119:172.
Then specifically address Jer 31:32.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep hard to see things when we do not want to especially if it disagrees with what you believe.
Agreed
The NEW COVENANT is not the same as the old Covenant. No more animal sacricfices, sin offerings, ceremonial laws and Levitical Priesthood from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) have the same role they always had in the NEW COVENANT and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS *ROMANS 3:30; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSLAMS 119:172.
Your claim is the NC is at least partially the same as the OC. That simply isn't true. Moses calls the OC referenced in Jer 31:32 as the covenant written on stone tablets. It's not a reference to the fleshing out of them. Deut 4:13.
JEREMIAH 31:34 is in harmony with the scriptures provided you already. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) are the work and writing of GOD alone *EXODUS 32:26. This connect with *ECCLESIASTES 3:14, I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOES, IT SHALL BE FOREVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him.
No because your above references have nothing to do with the law.
While the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 was written by MOSES *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26 that pointed to JESUS and GOD'S plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT are fulfilled in Christ. No more SHADOW LAWS from the MOSAIC BOOK of the LAW *EXODUS 24:7; DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26. The NEW COVENANT brings an and to all the SHADOW laws for SIN offerings and burnt offerings that pointed to JESUS as well as the ceremonial Sanctuary laws from the levitical Priesthood that all point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation under the NEW COVENANT.
What ever happened to jots and titles of the law you claim can't pass until all be fulfilled? Both Paul and James says it's all the law or nothing. If you claim Jesus as your priest you void the law or make Jesus a sinner just like us needing redemption from sin.
God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) however has the same role in the NEW COVENANT that they always had and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.
No as I've already said and backed with Scripture. The law can't condemn the new man - Rom 8.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother it is not me that does not want to discuss the scriptures in the posts provided to you. I am happy to do so. Sadly you ignore my posts and the scriptures provided in them that disagree with you and do not discuss them.
I've ignored nothing posted by you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I've ignored nothing posted by you.

Well that has no truth in it. Quoting the posts and scriptures in them without addressing the content in the posts or the scriptures in them that disagree with you does not make God's WORD disappear. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
AgreedYour claim is the NC is at least partially the same as the OC. That simply isn't true. Moses calls the OC referenced in Jer 31:32 as the covenant written on stone tablets. It's not a reference to the fleshing out of them. Deut 4:13.No because your above references have nothing to do with the law.What ever happened to jots and titles of the law you claim can't pass until all be fulfilled? Both Paul and James says it's all the law or nothing. If you claim Jesus as your priest you void the law or make Jesus a sinner just like us needing redemption from sin.No as I've already said and backed with Scripture. The law can't condemn the new man - Rom 8.

Sadly none of your your claims in this post have any truth in it and is not what I have posted to you at all and you have not addressed the post and the scriptures in them that disagree with you. Your pitting your own words agains God's WORD brother while ignoring the the scriptures only sent in LOVE that disagree with you. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it dissappear.

As posted earlier the NEW COVENANT is not the same as the old Covenant. No more animal sacricfices, sin offerings, ceremonial laws and Levitical Priesthood from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) have the same role they always had in the NEW COVENANT and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS *ROMANS 3:30; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSLAMS 119:172.

JEREMIAH 31:34 is in harmony with the scriptures provided you already. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) are the work and writing of GOD alone *EXODUS 32:26. This connect with *ECCLESIASTES 3:14, I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOES, IT SHALL BE FOREVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then specifically address Jer 31:32.

Read the post you are responding to. The NEW COVENANT is not the same as the old Covenant. No more animal sacricfices, sin offerings, ceremonial laws and Levitical Priesthood from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) have the same role they always had in the NEW COVENANT and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS *ROMANS 3:30; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSLAMS 119:172.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It looks very much like unbelief on your part to defend error.

You have been provided God's WORD. You provide your own words that disagree with God's. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. Your argument is with God not me.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A tad bit defensive aren't you? Your references to Exodus and Ecclesiastes above have nothing to do with the topic of discussion. Your Hebrews reference is only a partial of your Jeremiah reference. So your just plain invalid in your argument.

Your not responding to what you are quoting from.

JEREMIAH 31:31-34 is in harmony with the scriptures provided to you already. In fact this scripture has been provided to you with many NEW COVENANT references in HEBREWS 8:10-12. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) is the work and writing of GOD alone *EXODUS 32:16. This connect with *ECCLESIASTES 3:14, that says I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOES, IT SHALL BE FOREVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments are both the SPOKEN WORD of GOD and the WORK of GOD alone that God's WORD says is FOREVER...

EXODUS 31:18 And he gave to Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him on mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, WRITTEN WITH THE FINGER OF GOD.

EXODUS 20:1-17 And GOD SPOKE ALL THESE WORDS SAYING.......

EXODUS 32:16, And THE TABLES WERE THE WORK OF GOD AND THE WRITING WAS THE WRITING OF GOD GRAVEN ON THE TABLES.

Whatever God does is FOREVER. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) are the WORK AND WRITING OF GOD ALONE *EXODUS 32:26 as well as the SPOKEN WORD OF GOD which is FOREVER...

Work (writing on stone) of God *EXODUS 31:18....

ECCLESIASTES 3:14, I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOES, IT SHALL BE FOREVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him.

Spoken by God *EXODUS 20:1-17

ISAIAH 40:8, The grass wither, the flower fades: BUT THE WORD OF OUR GOD SHALL STAND FOREVER.

LUKE 21:33, Heaven and earth shall pass away: but MY WORDS SHALL NOT PASS AWAY

1 PETER 1:23...having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through THE WORD OF GOD WHICH LIVES AND ABIDES FOREVER ...

God's LAW (10 commandments) are both the SPOKEN WORD of GOD and the WORK of GOD which God's WORD says are FOREVER.

MATTHEW 5:18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle [a tiny mark in the original spelling of a word] will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." Matthew 5:18

LUKE 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All of which have nothing to do with the New Covenant. The law served its purpose and no longer has any authority over New Covenant believers. Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT was how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to? You mix up your SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT with God's ETERANAL LAWS (10 commandments) of the NEW COVENANT that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

The SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 were written by MOSES *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26 under God's direction point to JESUS and GOD'S plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT are fulfilled in Christ. No more SHADOW LAWS from the MOSAIC BOOK of the LAW *EXODUS 24:7; DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26.

The NEW COVENANT brings an and to all the SHADOW laws for SIN offerings and burnt offerings that pointed to JESUS as well as the ceremonial Sanctuary laws from the levitical Priesthood that all point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation under the NEW COVENANT. We now have a better Mediator -CHRSIT.

Only sent in LOVE brother as a help.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No you responded to reading my references with "Sadly, I did." That means to me you read my referenced Scripture references to your chagrin.

Where did you post about Jn 15:10 or Gal 3:19 to specify just a couple? I don't recall your ever addressing them. Like you say of me you talk about something else.

Your not reading what you are quoting from. I said sadly in reference to your posts. All your posts have been addressed section by section and scripture by scripture showing the context you leave out of your interpretation of the scriptures. Sadly you ignore these posts and all the scriptures in them that disagree with you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I mix nothing while you mix the law with grace. You can't mix water and oil. They don't bind to each other. Yes they can be mixed together, but each maintains it identity. Much the same as the tares and wheat.

Brother, if you have no KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is how can you have GRACE?

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?
WHAT PART DOES GOD'S LAW HAVE IN GRACE?
CAN WE HAVE GOD'S GRACE IN THE NC WITHOUT GOD'S LAW? (Scripture please)

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.