THE SABBATH IS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT - WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IT IS ABOLISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed.

However, the Son of Man said that He didn't come to change or abolish the Law of His Father; rather, He came to fulfill it. He fulfilled it by verifying every prophecy of Him since Genesis 3:15.

But, where did the Most High God ever differentiate between people who follow His Law, and Israel (the people). Where does the Word of God differentiate between the two? He said His mother, and brother is whoever follows the will of the Father.

What is the will of the Father if not 1) love, and 2) obedience (because of love for Him)? You can't expect to be a
holy, son of God by ignoring His Laws.

"Holy" means "set apart"; He doesn't have a set apart, and another set apart people. He has one group of set apart people that follow one set of Law.
I read the whole Bible. So should you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No the famous 10 aren't the words of Jesus.

Really? Who is the God of creation? You did not respond to the post you are quoting from again which was in reference to God's WORD being eternal comparing ISAIAH 40:8 with LUKE 21:33 showing that God's WORD is EVERLASTING and that God's LAW (10 commandments) are the SPOKEN WORD of God *EXODUS 20:1-17 therefore God's LAW = EVERLASTING.

This is the same as God's LAW (10 Commandments) being the written word of God written with God's own finger being the WORK of GOD alone * EXODUS 32:16 where it written in ECCLESIASTES 3:14 I know that, whatever God does, it shall be FOREVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him.

Whichever way you want to alook at it God's LAW (10 Commandments) is the SPOKEN WORD of GOD and it is also the written WORD of GOD and is soley the WORK of GOD alone that ISAIAH, LUKE and ECCLESIASTES say are FOREVER (ETERNAL). Therefore God's LAW (10 commandments) accoding to God's WORD are ETERNAL.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The law isn't the Gospel.

Who said it was? Read the post you are responding to. The Gospel was preached to our fathers in the SHADOW LAWS from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7; HEBREWS 4:3. The difference is that the SHADOW laws pointed FORWARD to the coming MESSIAH and CHRIST while we in turn look BACK to the JESUS who is the true lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world *JOHN 1:29 that the SHADOW laws pointed to *HEBREWS 7; HEBREWS 8; HEBREWS 9; HEBREWS 10; HEBREWS 11.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No I'm not. You convey annihilation to me through your post. The passages I referenced all say abolished. 2 Tim 1:10 is very clear. This isn't annihilation.

I don't argue against Jer 31:31. Your idea is God renews the covenant made with Israel. That isn't what Jer 31:31 says.

You still refuse to deal with 31:32.

Your arguing against JEREMIAH and God's WORD brother. It disagrees with you. Only sent in love as a help to you. Your claims above about a renewed covenant is a false one sadly enough.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you want to respond about my presentation of Jer 31:31-33 being error discuss that passage.

This was already addressed in post # 1272 linked. Your response was to simply ignore it.

Re-post..

This scripture is in harmony with the scriptures provided you already. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) are the work and writing of GOD alone *EXODUS 32:26. This connect with *ECCLESIASTES 3:14, I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOES, IT SHALL BE FOREVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him.

While the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 was written by MOSES *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26 that pointed to JESUS and GOD'S plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT are fulfilled in Christ. No more SHADOW LAWS from the MOSAIC BOOK of the LAW *EXODUS 24:7; DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26. The NEW COVENANT brings an and to all the SHADOW laws for SIN offerings and burnt offerings that pointed to JESUS as well as the ceremonial Sanctuary laws from the levitical Priesthood that all point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation under the NEW COVENANT.

God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) however has the same role in the NEW COVENANT that they always had and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You're so empty you can't respond to what I said. All you can do is c&p. I don't think you even understand your c&p.

Nope. Not at all simply reposting the scriptures and post from God's WORD that you did not address and simply ignored. You can ignore them if you like and you do not wish to discuss them if you do not wish to, just say so. These are only re-posted as your simply repeating yourself without addressing the posts and the scriptures that disagree with you. If you do not wish to discuss them you do not have to just say so.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you care to notice my comment was after 119:172. My comment was not after 119:142-143.

Indeed your pulling the context out of the quotes you are commenting on. Perhaps that is why you are having trouble understanding the scriptures provided. As posted earlier that is why the scriptures were posted together in that order. One scripture defines the next.

PSALMS 119:142-143 says that God's RIGHTOUESNESS is EVERLASTING and the very next verse posted DEFINES GOD'S RIGHTOUESNESS as the 10 COMMANDMENTS *PSALMS 119:172 which is EVERLASTING.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I addressed every one of your Scriptures in that response. They're totally off topic and being twisted to fit your paradigm. Personally I see no reason to address passages that far off topic. Now it would help if you quote a passage and make a comment about it. Otherwise you're making statements with Scripture making no real sense. I had a one way exchange with you about Rom 7:6 in which your response to what I posted was a c&p of your post I responded to. Essentially you tried very hard to dismiss the verse.

Nope. No you didn't you simply ignored the posts and the scriptures provided to you and sent only as a help in love to you or started making claims no one was making (strawman) and arguments no one is talking about and provided your own words over God's WORD.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The way I see life is you're requiring agreement with your ill conceived and deceived ideas only. You're trying to treat a discussion forum like a blog or more like a web site all by itself. You repeat stuff so often you basically try to start the thread all over. When you've been responded to address that, not re-post what you already posted. Your threads are more like spam than anything else.

In this post I quote above you say I don't use Scripture or respond to yours. I'm known to actually say "no because..." enough you should take my responses as reasons why there's disagreement. Like all cults you have a different meaning to/insert words that aren't there. I know this and it's why I say things like you're gloating when you post Rev 22:14. It also is an effort to spread fear of not having salvation trying to force the ignorant into your amended law keeping. I'm sorry if you see this as a personal attack.

I also have a strong distaste for rabbit trails.

Not at all brother. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. You have only been provided God's WORD and questions for discussion sadly that disagree with you. It seems you do not wish to have a discussion. Trying to use your own words over God's WORD does not make God's WORD disappear. The only things that have been repeated here are the scriptures you have not addressed and refuse to discuss that show the context you leave out of the interpretation of the scriptures that you simply repeat with your own words in place of God's WORD. Even in this very post you try and make claims against the post you are quoting from.

All your posts has been addressed section by section and scriopture by scripture showing the CONTEXT you leave out of your interpretation and how your interpretation of the scripture disagree with scripture. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says those who follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandment of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Funny thing though in the days of JESUS and the APOSTLES they also were considered a cult and of the devil because they also shared God's WORD. JESUS warned all those who follow him the same would happnen to them.

Only God's WORD is true brother and we should believe and follow it. *ROMANS 3:4. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear. We will all stand before God's WORD come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48. Sadly at this time it will be too late *MATTHEW 7:12-23. We only have now as we do not know what tommorrow brings. Tick tock....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I responded to what was presented to me. I pointed out what your verses said. I don't remember responding specifically to PS 119:142-143. You didn't comment on them if I remember correctly. You merely referenced them. I commented on what you provided commentary drawing my attention. What Ps 119:142-143 say is found in 119:160. So I think my comments on 119:160 are adequate. Neither say the law (famous 10) is everlasting.

This is another good example of not responding to ther post and the scriptures provided. Take a look at what you wrote above and compare it to what you are quoting from below...

The scripture provided to you in sequence for PSALMS 119:172 also included PSALMS 119:142-143 and were posted together for a reason; (re-post)

PSALMS 119:142-143 Your RIGHTOUESNESS is an EVERLASTING RIGHTEOUSNESS, and Your law is truth. Trouble and anguish have overtaken me, yet Your commandments are my delights.

If you look at the next scripture in your post response you should understand why this post was written (as well as the other 8 supporting scriptures) showing why God's LAW is ETERNAL. The very next scripture you left out DEFINES God's RIGHTEOUSNESS while the first scripture shows that God's RIGHTOUESNESS is EVERLASTING.

PSALMS 119:172 My tongue shall speak of your word for ALL YOUR COMMANDMENTS ARE RIGHTEOUSNESS

These are God's WORD brother not mine and only 2 of the 9 scriptures provided showing that God's LAW (10 commandments) are ETERNAL. This is also scripture defining the meaning of the scriptures. It is not my definition or interpretation of the scriptures. God's RIGHTEOUSNESS is EVERLASTING = GOD'S COMMANDMENTS ARE EVERLASTING (ETERNAL).

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The righteousness that come from the law is obedience to it. IOW that righteous is the result of one's behavior and is called self righteousness. The righteousness God requires only comes by His declaration. See Rom 4 about Abraham and King David. One was without the law (famous 10) and one was with under the law. Both sinned and were declared righteous. IOW their righteousness didn't come by obedience to the law.

Yes Jn 3 is what being born again is all about. Your problem is you think were born to the same thing. You hang your hat on the physical body's performance. You don't fully accept the substitutionary of Jesus. I do. That is my only hope and why the law leads one to Jesus.

Your rendition of Jn 14:15 is if you love me keep the covenant given in the desert. Jn 15:10 won't allow for this idea. What you do is twist the Scripture into something it clearly doesn't say. You found a similar statement made by the Father claiming it's made by Jesus in the OT. Just can't be considering Jn 1:17 and Gal 3:19.

So your job is to prove what I said including Scripture is wrong. To do so you'll have to prove you believe all the Scripture, including mine. Remember I've presented to you by quote and reference even from the Book of the Law passages you obviously don't believe.

Here you simply make claims and statements about the post that the post is not making or even talking about (strawman). If no one has said or believe what your posting here why pretend they are? How about you address the content in the post. This is another good example of what was discussed with you earlier about ignoring the post and quote you are referring to to talk about something the post is not even saying. Look at what you have said here and what you are responding to below..

Re-post of your false claims about rightouesness coming by the law.

Of course it doesn't no one ever said it does. Only you have made the claims about rightousness coming from the law. As posted earlier through God's WORD, RIGHTESOUSNESS comes from LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW and the very expression of what LOVE is *ROMANS 13:8-10. He that does not LOVE does not KNOW GOD for GOD IS LOVE * 1 JOHN 4:8. All those who are BORN AGAIN have a NEW HEART TO LOVE and FOLLOW GOD *1 JOHN 4:7. This is the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Those who are BORN AGAIN do not practice SIN (breaking God's Commandments) *1 JOHN 3:4-9. This is why JOHN finishes on this subject by saying; For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous *1 JOHN 5:3 and is why JESUS says IF you LOVE me KEEP my commandments *JOHN 14:15. UNLESS we are BORN AGAIN under the NEW COVENANT to LOVE we will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *JOHN 3:3-7. We need to be changed from the INSIDE OUT.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You didn't include what Scripture I ignored. You provide no context. Basically you just make an unsupported claim. You can provide the necessary details if you want another response to something. I'm not going back guessing what you're talking about.

Not really it was shown in earlier posts to you. This is a good example you provide however on your unsupported claims and using your own words in place of God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You seriously need to think about your approach. I personally don't want to get in a mod war.

We should not point people to the teachings of men over the Word of God. For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen. Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils but His Word is promises to deliver us and it is here we must find safety. We ought to obey God rather than man. God is love and he that dwells in love dwells in God. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow him who calls us in LOVE to LOVE another.

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the Word) and follow him.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I could care less what your chosen NIV says. I already explained why.No. Please read my response to those passages.No you're arguing NIV text which is wrong. I already covered the why with you.No. And you can't push error down my throat calling it truth. Your presentation failed.Look I'm getting tired of your religious misinformation. I can't believe you haven't attracted the attention of the Mods.You're right the translation doesn't matter as long as it agrees with you. Hope you understand this tongue-in-cheek statement. Repeating something doesn't establish it as truth. I understand Hitler believed and employed this tactic. He didn't win either.No again to this repeated false witness statement.Real slick. You're hoping I didn't notice your change of words.

Hmm this post is simply more of your words without addressing the post and scriptures in them that disagree with you. Your only repeating yourself again which does not make God's WORD disappear. Pehaps it's best we agree to disagree. I will leave this between you and God brother. You are free to believe as you wish as we all answer only to God come judgment day. I only wish you God's blessings and hope to see you in God's kingdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I read the whole Bible. So should you.

This isn't an answer to any of the questions I posed.

Since you read the entire bible, where does the Most High God ever say any of His laws are null and void? Where does the Word of God Himself say this? They are the authority on Law, so show me where The Most High God, or the Word of God ever say the Law has been made inert for anyone who wants to be His people.

Let's save the sophomoric retorts, and get to the real spiritual point.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really? Who is the God of creation?
Let's deal with this first.

You believe and promote Jesus is the creator with John 1. The same John says very clearly the Creator is He Who sits on the throne in

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The whole chapter centers on Who is on the throne. Verse 11 clearly says the One Who is on the throne is the creator.

Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

The Lion of Judah is Jesus and He doesn't sit on the throne. In fact Jesus is seated at the right hand of Who sits on the throne.

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Now who is making statements not backed by Scripture? And notice I didn't run away form your idea. I refuted it with Scripture.
You did not respond to the post you are quoting from again which was in reference to God's WORD being eternal comparing ISAIAH 40:8 with LUKE 21:33 showing that God's WORD is EVERLASTING and that God's LAW (10 commandments) are the SPOKEN WORD of God *EXODUS 20:1-17 therefore God's LAW = EVERLASTING.
I did respond to what you posted. I said you can't unring a bell. Anything that's spoken is forever no matter who spoke. Written words can be erased, thus annihilated. Your comparison and verse has nothing to do with the law. Neither do God's judgments you argue are the law. Judgments are based on fact or law. A judgement isn't codified law. Now least you say I didn't respond to your verse from Isaiah, let me say there's not a single word in the whole chapter about any law. Therefore your reference is out of context and it's limited meaning.
This is the same as God's LAW (10 Commandments) being the written word of God written with God's own finger being the WORK of GOD alone * EXODUS 32:16 where it written in ECCLESIASTES 3:14 I know that, whatever God does, it shall be FOREVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him.
No, it's not the same law written on the heart. I illustrate this with Gen 26:5 you're fond of and the statement of Moses in Deut 5:3. Look them up. I supported the truth with unedited Scripture by reference. I also provided no commentary. You can't say that's my words against Scripture.

But then you make Jeremiah a liar with your idea from Ecc 3:14. You have a very funny contradictory Bible.
Whichever way you want to alook at it God's LAW (10 Commandments) is the SPOKEN WORD of GOD and it is also the written WORD of GOD and is soley the WORK of GOD alone that ISAIAH, LUKE and ECCLESIASTES say are FOREVER (ETERNAL). Therefore God's LAW (10 commandments) accoding to God's WORD are ETERNAL.

Hope this helps.
So you make Jeremiah a false prophet. My position isn't the law is annihilated. My position backed by Jer 31:31-33 is the law would be set aside. The Gospels back that up with LK 16:16 and Jn 1:17 which you don't accept and try to dismiss by trying to use even consecutive verses against themselves.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who said it was? Read the post you are responding to. The Gospel was preached to our fathers in the SHADOW LAWS from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7; HEBREWS 4:3. The difference is that the SHADOW laws pointed FORWARD to the coming MESSIAH and CHRIST while we in turn look BACK to the JESUS who is the true lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world *JOHN 1:29 that the SHADOW laws pointed to *HEBREWS 7; HEBREWS 8; HEBREWS 9; HEBREWS 10; HEBREWS 11.

Hope this helps.
And what was that Gospel? What we call Gospels violently disagree with the law.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your arguing against JEREMIAH and God's WORD brother. It disagrees with you. Only sent in love as a help to you. Your claims above about a renewed covenant is a false one sadly enough.
No I'm not arguing against Jeremiah. You refuse to believe verse 32.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.