THE SABBATH IS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT - WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IT IS ABOLISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My mistake. One New Testament or New Covenant passage.
My gift is not history.

I was assuming you already understood my basis:

2 Corinthians 3:1-18
Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you, or from you? You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God.

You asked for scripture. You were given it. Now you say you only want it from the NEW TESTAMENT when God's WORD says ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness *2 TIMOTHY 3:16. What do you think CORINTHIANS 3 is talking about?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm good. Have no worries. I leave the company of people who leave the topic and get personal. I can take it but I hate
to cause people to be banned. You take care!

Not getting personal at all. Just telling the truth. CONTEXT is important in understanding the scriptures in both the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures. If I would say anything differently I would not be telling the truth and not be doing my duty of LOVE to you as my brother or my duty of LOVE to God in helping you.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not getting personal at all. Just telling the truth. CONTEXT is important in understanding the scriptures in both the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures. If I would say anything differently I would not be telling the truth and not be doing my duty of LOVE to you as my brother or my duty of LOVE to God in helping you.
The New Testament Quotes the old over 600 times with no mention of context
and most every time, ignoring the context. That's why the context claim is false.

Heb. 2:6, 4:4
Matt. 21:13
Rom. 3:10-12
Rom. 3:13
Rom. 3:14
Rom. 3:15-17
Rom. 3:18

Old Testament Passages Referred to or Quoted in the New Testament

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The New Testament Quotes the old over 600 times with no mention of context
and most every time, ignoring the context. That's why the context claim is false.

List of 300 Old Testament quotes in New Testament

Context is always considered in the application NEW TESTAMENT scriptures telling us the meaning of the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures. Together the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures make up the WORD of GOD. All your link is saying is what I said to you earlier and that is that everything we have from the NEW TESTAMENT comes from the OLD TESTAMENT. It does not say you can take scripture out of context and make up your own interpretation of what you think the scriptures are talking about. That would be a false teaching.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You asked for scripture. You were given it. Now you say you only want it from the NEW TESTAMENT when God's WORD says ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness *2 TIMOTHY 3:16. What do you think CORINTHIANS 3 is talking about?
Why do you want to base Christianity on the OT?

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Garbage. How many commandments in God's 10 commandments; 9; 10 or 613 *EXODUS 34:28; DEUTERONOMY 4:13; DEUTERONOMY 10:4? Gods LAW (10 Commandments) has the same role it always has and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.
Obedience to the law isn't called fruit anywhere in Scripture. We have a new and different covenant you refuse to participate in. Why don't you just disregard the complete NT?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well that has no truth in it. In the days of JESUS and the APOSTLES their bible was the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures. Everything we have in the NEW TESTAMENT scriptures comes from the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures.
I don't think so. Take the "but I say... statements of Jesus for example.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Context is always considered in the application NEW TESTAMENT scriptures telling us the meaning of the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures. Together the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures make up the WORD of GOD. All your link is saying is what I said to you earlier and that is that everything we have from the NEW TESTAMENT comes from the OLD TESTAMENT. It does not say you can take scripture out of context and make up your own interpretation of what you think the scriptures are talking about. That would be a false teaching.
Tha't what you do with 1 Jn 3:4. Here you declare that as false teaching to which I agree.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
None of the laws of Moses have been repealed.

Most of the Sunday Christians don’t know their Bible, because God told his people that if someone tells you to not obey his commands, to not listen to them.

I know... it says the ministration of death in letters carved in stone was abolished. Only one thing carved in stone - the 10 commandments.

There is no commandment that moves the Sabbath or changes it to another day.

.. only have 1 verse from the Apostle Paul that was taken out of context to push your false and lawless doctrine.

Every law and commandment in writing has been set aside as insufficient for our salvation.

Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you, or from you? You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written
not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God,
not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God

Gal 2
20 I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God. For if righteousness comes through the Law, Christ died for nothing.”

Hebrews 8:6
Now, however, Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is better and is founded on better promises.

Hebrews 8:8
But God found fault with the people and said: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

Hebrews 8:13
By speaking of a new covenant, He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come!

Hebrews 1:11
They will perish, but You remain; they will all wear out like a garment.

Hebrews 7:22
Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 12:24
to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Loving God and loving your neighbor as yourself is from the LAW, brother.

But it is the law written on our hearts under the new covenant. It is not a command spelled out in ink or stone for others to use to judge us.

An example of bad manners I have seen in some threads: "YOU are not loving enough!" unless one is a judgmental preacher like I am.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
We can still keep the Sabbath Holy and still keep the Lords day Holy too! Sunday, the day Our Lord rose from the dead. A day all Christians celebrate which was not around in OT days obviously. Jesus brought with Him the New Covenant.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. No... so if you are going to say that the four things are all that is expected than you have legalized homosexuality. We know that can't be the case, so.

Don't judge scripture based on your personal morality, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal In All 50 States
Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

1 Peter 2:13-17
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Titus 3:1
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,

1 Timothy 2:1-2
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

Deuteronomy 16:18-20
“You shall appoint judges and officers in all your towns that the Lord your God is giving you, according to your tribes, and they shall judge the people with righteous judgment. You shall not pervert justice. You shall not show partiality, and you shall not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and subverts the cause of the righteous. Justice, and only justice, you shall follow, that you may live and inherit the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Proverbs 21:1
The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Sure. It highly recommends stripping off the old context. That's what teaching is.

Example:
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

The quote is entirely taken out of context and applied to something else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But it does not bring one closer to salvation. It brings death, which was it's purpose. For if righteousness comes through the Law,Christ died for nothing.

God's people were saved the same way as they were in the OLD as they were in the NEW and that is by FAITH *HEBREWS 11; only the process was different (sin offerings).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sure. It highly recommends stripping off the old context. That's what teaching is.

Example:
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

The quote is entirely taken out of context and pretty much randomly applied to something else.

Here: Two OT quotes pulled out of context, and stuck together into a lesson:

3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[a]

4 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. 6 David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

7 “Blessed are those
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”

No one complaining about context here.

None of this is taken out of CONTEXT. They are complete statements of what happened in the OLD TESTAMENT written in the NEW. As shown earlier everything written in the NEW TESTAMENT scriptures comes from the OLD TESTAMENT. You cannot take scriptures out of CONTEXT and seek to apply an interpretation to is except when it is a complete stand alone thought or startement. The NEW TESTAMENT builds on the OLD TESTAMENT it does not make things up out of CONTEXT in isolation to the OLD TESTAMENT CONTEXT that it is referring to.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Every law and commandment in writing has been set aside as insufficient for our salvation.

Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you, or from you? You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written
not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God,
not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God

Gal 2
20 I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God. For if righteousness comes through the Law, Christ died for nothing.”

Hebrews 8:6
Now, however, Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is better and is founded on better promises.

Hebrews 8:8
But God found fault with the people and said: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

Hebrews 8:13
By speaking of a new covenant, He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come!

Hebrews 1:11
They will perish, but You remain; they will all wear out like a garment.

Hebrews 7:22
Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 12:24
to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

You are confused brother. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you? FAITH does not abolish God's LAW (10 commandments) it establishes God's LAW *ROMANS 3:31; ROMANS 13:8-10; 1 JOHN 3:6-10; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; REVELATION 14:12.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We can still keep the Sabbath Holy and still keep the Lords day Holy too! Sunday, the day Our Lord rose from the dead. A day all Christians celebrate which was not around in OT days obviously. Jesus brought with Him the New Covenant.

Not really the LORD'S DAY is the SABBATH day. God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to UNKNOWINGLY break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day. Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now, <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.