THE SABBATH IS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT - WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IT IS ABOLISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok good let's clarify what your saying before proceeding. Do you believe God's 10 commandment are ABOLISHED? YES/NO? What are you saying?
The question should be reworded, is the LAW abolished?

The ten words are included in the law. It would be an error to ask whether the ten words are abolished.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What has been abolished is righteousness of obeying the law/ten commandments, what is written in nine of the ten commandments is not abolished, those laws are written in the mind and placed on the heart of the believer. The spiritual intent of the other commandment is upheld in born again believers seven days a week including satrurday. Please learn now. When Paul states we die to the law, he means we die to a righteousness of obeying the law. He was not confused, neither is anyone who quotes those verses and understands that is what he meant

Well golly gee was that what I just posted? You BELIEVE God's LAW is Abolished right? No one has ever said here we get rightoeusness from the law have they? Obedience to the law however is the fruit of Faith and that includes all ten of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timothy416

Dec 31, 2018
Inverness
✟10,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well golly gee was that what I just post? You BELIEVE God's LAW is Abolished right?
As a legally enforceable law that can condemn the truly born again believer, in that sense it is abolished. But what is written in nine of the ten commandments have been transferred from tablets of stone to tablets of human hearts. In that sense they are not abolished I explained about the other commandment. I guess you believe the Christian is still under righteousness of obeying the law, I do not

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As a legally enforceable law that can condemn the truly born again believer, in that sense it is abolished. But what is written in nine of the ten commandments have been transferred from tablets of stone to tablets of human hearts. In that sense they are not abolished I explained about the other commandment. I guess you believe the Christian is still under righteousness of obeying the law, I do not

Well to be honest I do not know what you believe after that post and not sure if you do either. Here is why. If you are a BORN AGAIN believer you will not be practicing SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *1 JOHN 3:9; JAMES 2:10-11. How many commandments are there in the 10 commandments, 9, 10 or 613 *EXODUS 34:28; DEUTERONOMY 4:13 DEUTERONOMY 10:4?
What did JESUS means when he said; ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS (LOVE to GOD and LOVE to MAN) HANG ALL THE LAW and the prophets?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 2Cor3:3

Indeed this is a reference to the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12 for God's ISRAEL who are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

Upvote 0

Timothy416

Dec 31, 2018
Inverness
✟10,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well to be honest I do not know what you believe after that post and not sure if you do either. Here is why. If you are a BORN AGAIN believer you will not be practicing SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *1 JOHN 3:9; JAMES 2:10-11. How many commandments are there in the 10 commandments, 9, 10 or 613 *EXODUS 34:28; DEUTERONOMY 4:13 DEUTERONOMY 10:4?
What did JESUS means when he said; ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS (LOVE to GOD and LOVE to MAN) HANG ALL THE LAW and the prophets?
Well you have already broken the ten commandments today haven't you, when stating I previously wrote the ten commandments had been abolished. So sadly you still practice sin.

You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 2Cor3:3

The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 ‘This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds
.’

17 Then he adds:

‘Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.

Heb10:15-17

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well you have already broken the ten commandments today haven't you, when stating I previously wrote the ten commandments had been abolished. So sadly you still practice sin.

The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 ‘This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds
.’

17 Then he adds:

‘Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.

Heb10:15-17

No I haven't broken God's commandments. You stated in your own words they are ABOLISHED. This is what your posted.

Timothy416 said: What has been abolished is righteousness of obeying the law/ten commandments, what is written in nine of the ten commandments is not abolished, those laws are written in the mind and placed on the heart of the believer. The spiritual intent of the other commandment is upheld in born again believers seven days a week including satrurday. Please learn now. When Paul states we die to the law, he means we die to a righteousness of obeying the law. He was not confused, neither is anyone who quotes those verses and understands that is what he meant

They are your words above. Am I reading them correctly? JAMES says that if we break one we stand before God guilty of breaking all of them *JAMES 2:10-11. You are really ignoring all the posts in the scriptures shared with you and are not responding to them why?

Then the scriptures were posted that show if we are a BORN AGAIN believer we will not be practicing SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *1 JOHN 3:9; JAMES 2:10-11. How many commandments are there in the 10 commandments, 9, 10 or 613 *EXODUS 34:28; DEUTERONOMY 4:13 DEUTERONOMY 10:4?

So are you stating that 9 Commandmetns are not abolished but God's 4th Commandment is Abolished? Is this your claim?

Upvote 0

Timothy416

Dec 31, 2018
Inverness
✟10,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No I havn't broken God's commandments. You stated in your own words they are ABOLISHED. This is what your posted.

They are your words. JAMES says that if we break one we stand before God guilty of breaking all of them *JAMES 2:10-11. You are really ignoring all the posts in the scriptures shared with you and are not responding to them why?
I said the legally enforceable law to condemn, of which the ten commandments were part has been abolished, what is written in those commandments is transferred to tablets of human hearts.
James2:10&11

Here is where you are guilty of watering down(somehow) God's law from the pristine level it is set at. As I have many times told you, you can break the tenth commandment in thought, without anyone but God knowing you have done so. Therefore to sin in thought, is to break the entire applicable law written on the heart. Do you truly believe you have broken the entire law if you sin in your mind? I do not think so. So what does that tell us? (iam putting it politely) You are as guilty as everyone else of being guilty of breaking the entire law according to James2:10

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I said the legally enforceable law to condemn, of which the ten commandments were part has been abolished, what is written in those commandments is transferred to tablets of human hearts. James2:10&11

Please forgive me if I ask for clarification as your post is confusing. Are you saying that if we KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN we will not receive the wages of SIN which is death *ROMANS 6:23; REVELATION 22:12? THE NEW COVENANT promise is indeed God's LAW being written on the heart. Does that mean in your view we no longer break God's LAW or we continue to break God's LAW?

Here is where you are guilty of watering down(somehow) God's law from the pristine level it is set at. As I have many times told you, you can break the tenth commandment in thought, without anyone but God knowing you have done so. Therefore to sin in thought, is to break the entire applicable law written on the heart. Do you truly believe you have broken the entire law if you sin in your mind? I do not think so. So what does that tell us? (iam putting it politely) You are as guilty as everyone else of being guilty of breaking the entire law according to James2:10

I have not watered down God's LAW at all. In fact I have posted that the role of JESUS was to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART. BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28. JESUS magnified the LAW to the INSIDE OUT. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

Here is an old thread made ages ago on the topic click me. Have a read of all the posts on the first page. If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in it we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. ALL those who KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. All those who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timothy416

Dec 31, 2018
Inverness
✟10,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please forgive me if I ask for clarification as your post is confusing. Are you saying that if we KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN we will not receive the wages of SIN which is death *ROMANS 6:23; REVELATION 22:12? THE NEW COVENANT promise is indeed God's LAW being written on the heart. Does that mean in your view we no longer break God's LAW or we continue to break God's LAW?

I have not watered down God's LAW at all. In fact I have posted that the role of JESUS was to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART. BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28. JESUS magnified the LAW to the INSIDE OUT. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

Here is an old thread made ages ago on the topic click me. Have a read of all the posts on the first page. If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in it we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. ALL those who KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. All those who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Hope this helps.
The problem with the Pharisees was, they had no love for God, in fact, Jesus said they did not even know his father. They loved the praise of men, more than seeking praise from the one true God. So they broke the first and greatest commandment, they ignored it. Then they demanded of the people what they did not demand of themselves and crushed them by doing so(Matt23(2&3) So they showed no love to their brothers and sisters did they. They broke the two greatest commandments on which the entire law hung.

From my own personal life I cannot contemplate unrepentant sin, how about you? If I err, or due to my imperfections, my conscience is seered, for the law is in my heart. And I feel so bad at letting God down, don't you? The only way I get my peace back is when I come before my Father and tell him I am sorry for how I acted. And as surely as night follows day I will do that, for I love God and I know he loves me. So if you want to talk about unrepentant sin, I guess I am the wrong person to talk to about it. Speaking personally, I cannot imagine any born again believer choosing to live in unrepentant sin, but that's just my view from my own experience

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Timothy416

Dec 31, 2018
Inverness
✟10,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hope this helps.
Can I ask you? You love your wife and she loves you, right? Yet just because you love each other, you don’t always act perfectly toward each other do you, marriages are not like that. Sometimes you may say something to your wife that upsets her, you may have had a bad day and snapped at her, we all do that at times don’t we. Well when you do upset your wife, can you go along happily without telling her you are sorry for how you acted? My guess is you cannot. As surely as night follow day you will tell her you are sorry for upsetting her, then you get your peace back and don’t feel bad anymore. Now between the time you upset your wife and say sorry for upsetting her, does she throw you out of the house and only let you back in when you apologise? My guess is not. Why not? Because she loves you. Why do you tell her you are sorry for how you acted? Because you love her and feel bad about it. Its instinctive to apologise isn’t it. Kinda the same with God if we love him I would say, for we know he loves us

Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Back to the OP...

Can anyone please show me where in all the bible does is say (SOLA SCRIPTURA; Scripture only please)...

1. That God's 4th commandments 7th day Sabbath has been abolished?

2. That Jesus is a Sabbath?

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

4. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

5. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

6. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

7. That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

8. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

11. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

12. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

13. That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

15. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

16. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

20. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

21. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

22. Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

23. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

24. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

25. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

26. Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

27. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

If not who should we BELIEVE and FOLLOW, God or man *ROMANS 3:4?

God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why repeat yourself when you know the answer is that God's 4th commandment is about sin for not remembering God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH and working on this day? Where does it say in God's 4th commandment that we are to gather on the Sabbath? The NEW TESTAMENT scriptures do not delete the OLD TESTAMENT. Everything from the NEW TESTAMENT comes from the OLD TESTAMENT. Together these are the WORD of GOD that we are to live by *MATTHEW 4:4.

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Hope this helps.

I asked a simple question.

If you can not answer my question, then so be it.

Can anyone provide any New Testament scriptures where Jesus or His Apostles, command the Church to gather on the Sabbath for worship?

A commandment comes from a command.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 4:9 SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Hope this helps.

No it certainly doesn’t help your theory.

There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. Hebrews 4:9

This verse shows there is a future rest for the people of God.

Nice try.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I asked a simple question.
If you can not answer my question, then so be it. Can anyone provide any New Testament scriptures where Jesus or His Apostles, command the Church to gather on the Sabbath for worship? A commandment comes from a command. JLB

We have already had this discussion many times and in different forums. You provide your own words over God's WORD so your argument is with God not me. Your simple question was answered with simple scriptures. You can choose to believe and follow God's WORD or not.

Your question in your own words, (emphasis red mine) was...
To anyone in this thread - Can anyone provide any New Testament scriptures where Jesus or His Apostles, command the Church to gather on the Sabbath for worship? A commandment comes from a command. JLB

Your question was answered in an earlier post which said...

Why repeat yourself when you know the answer is that God's 4th commandment is about sin for not remembering God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH and working on this day?

Where does it say in God's 4th commandment that we are to gather on the Sabbath? The NEW TESTAMENT scriptures do not delete the OLD TESTAMENT. Everything from the NEW TESTAMENT comes from the OLD TESTAMENT. Together these are the WORD of GOD that we are to live by *MATTHEW 4:4.

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No it certainly doesn’t help your theory.
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. Hebrews 4:9 This verse shows there is a future rest for the people of God. Nice try. JLB

Not really. I simply quoted God's WORD. You disagreed with God's WORD so your argument is with God not me.

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH. (Aramaic Bible in Plain English).

NOTE: In HEBREWS 4:9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

It is the words from your theory however is at fault. WE can enter God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH rest today be BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD as it is discussed in HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Dec 26, 2018
Appalachian Hills
✟10,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did not read all 40+ pages but am going to jump in here. I have wonderee over the sabbath (and other things) for years and here is some thoughts that have occurred to me in just yhe last five minutes. I was going to start my own thread but it would have been similiar to the OP.

Does it say or prophecy anywhere in the old testament that wjen the messiah cones that the sabbath would end? Please provide scriptures if available.

Jesus did say that he came not to destory the law but fulfill it. So unless the sabbath going away was something that was suppose ro occur with the messiah then I don't see why anyine would think it would go away. Remember the true messiah would not try not to lead anyone away from the law or prophecy of the OT. He would simply fullfill it. That's what Jesus said and done. At least that's how I understand it. Look forward to any comments.

Edit: sorry for all the mistakes but this website has a weird lag when typing on my phone.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did not read all 40+ pages but am going to jump in here. I have wonderee over the sabbath (and other things) for years and here is some thoughts that have occurred to me in just yhe last five minutes. I was going to start my own thread but it would have been similiar to the OP.

Does it say or prophecy anywhere in the old testament that wjen the messiah cones that the sabbath would end? Please provide scriptures if available.

Jesus did say that he came not to destory the law but fulfill it. So unless the sabbath going away was something that was suppose ro occur with the messiah then I don't see why anyine would think it would go away. Remember the true messiah would not try not to lead anyone away from the law or prophecy of the OT. He would simply fullfill it. That's what Jesus said and done. At least that's how I understand it. Look forward to any comments.

Edit: sorry for all the mistakes but this website has a weird lag when typing on my phone.

Hi GD, nice to meet you here brother and BIG welcome here :)

Great post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. I am going to post this here as I just finished writing this in another thread stragely enough but it comments on your post nicely....

Is God's 4th Commandment of the 10 commandments important? ABSOLUTELY it is! God's 4th commandment SEVENTH DAY SABBATH is one of God's 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:30; ROMANS 7:7; If we KNOWINGLY break God's 4th commandment just like anyone of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN (breaking God's LAW) *JAMES 2:10-11.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?

WHY DO WE KEEP SUNDAY? CONFESSIONS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

God has his people in EVERY CHURCH living up to all the knowledge that God has given them and in times when people do not KNOW any better God does not hold us accountable to sin ; *JAMES 4:17 until we receive a KNOWLEDGE of the truth through God's WORD *ACTS 17:30-31.

God knows that many people have been deceived into worshipping God on the wrong day of the week but is calling us all out from following man made traditions and back to worshiping him in Spirit and in truth according to his WORD *JOHN 10:16; JOHN 4:23-24.

JESUS says if we KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the Commandments of God then we are not following God. *MATTHEW 15:3-9. SUNDAY worship is a teaching and tradition of men that has led many to break the commandments of God.

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment that gives us a knowledge of what sin if broken is ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep SUNDAY as a Holy day. JESUS is our example and both JESUS all the prophets and APOSTLES kept ALL God's 10 commandments inculding God's 4th Commandment according to God's WORD. PAUL kept God's 4th Commandment with both JEWS and GENTILES. If we break God's 4th Commandment just like any of the other commandments we commit sin.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

Who should we BELIEVE and FOLLOW, GOD or man *ACTS 5:29; ROMANS 3:4. I KNOW who I BELIEVE and FOLLOW how about you? Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the Word).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God's Sheep hear his Voice (the Word).
Not if you mean written word - Yahweh is Spirit, and teaches us in spirit, as written (described) in the Epistles. Then, gradually, our minds learn words to express the spirituals the Father grants us in spirit - we may often have spiritual revelation we cannot put into words , such as while praying (as written in Scripture also - I think something like "groanings" without words).
So "Spirit to spirit" , we follow Jesus, learn from Him, and abide in Him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.