HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think everyone is aware that at some point in time, God is going to bring back the ten lost tribes. Zechariah, Hosea, the Psalms and many places talk of God returning these ten tribes that have been lost for 2700 years.

I say that Hosea explains that God was to send them into the nations where they would be gentiles.

Did that come true?

It obviously did come true because we now call them the ten lost tribes being that they are lost.

There are two schools of thought of this.

1. That God knows who those people are by blood{after 2700 years of being gentiles} and that God is suddenly going to reclaim them.

2. That Paul explains in Romans 9 that gentiles are spiritually grafted through the promise of return for these ten lost tribes{who are now gentiles}

Will God bring them back because they have the blood of the Ten tribes?

Hosea says that God would make a complete end to them and that if one of them even became pregnant, that he would kill the child of the womb.

I'm not understanding how somebody can believe that God is going to bring the ten tribes back by blood now that they have become gentiles.

Can anyone explain this reasoning to me?

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Ewwww... too many rabbit trails into where are those lost tribes gone? and are they going to return.... And then why does everyone want to be a lost tribe member? until push comes to shove and the thread ends up closed.
It's important that gentiles are considered to be Israel because there is only Israel, if you are not Israel then you do not share in the promises of Israel.

Paul does explain how gentiles are grafted through the lost ten tribes to become Israel.

Every person who is a Jew is a Jew and part of Israel, and so this isn't replacement talk, it is merely a way for gentiles to be added into the promises of Israel.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles? 25 As he says in Hosea:
“I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people;
and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one,”

26 and,
“In the very place where it was said to them,
‘You are not my people,’
there they will be called ‘children of the living God.’”

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
From the very beginning when Abel took Cain into the field and explained to him, Cain got mad and killed Abel because of the envy.

This two son theme runs till this day when God would make one single man out of two brothers.

A man had two sons, but one of his sons went off and became like the gentiles and began to herd swine. He became dead to who he was and his only hope is that he could return just as a servant.

So the lost son came home and the Man was so happy to see the lost son that he gave him a party, he put a ring upon his finger.

But the son who had stayed home became angry.

Doesn't Cain have the same blood as Able?
Doesn't Ishmael have the same blood as Isaac from the father Abraham?
Doesn't Esau have the same blood as Jacob?

Why does God hate Esau and love Jacob?

God has two sons, one is a gentile and one is a Jew.

God has two kingdoms which he calls sons.

Ephraim and Judah.

Didn't Ephraim throw off the Torah?
Didn't Ephraim take on all the ways of the gentiles thus becoming gentiles?
Didn't The prophets foretell their fall and being lost in the nations where they would become gentiles?

This two kingdoms struggled side by side as two sons struggle together.
This struggle is ancient and it always repeats itself in the hopes that one day the two brothers would become one under one king.

Isaiah 11:13

Ephraim's jealousy will vanish, and Judah's enemies will be cut off; Ephraim will not be jealous of Judah, nor Judah hostile toward Ephraim.

He will raise a banner for the nations
and gather the exiles of Israel;
he will assemble the scattered people of Judah
from the four quarters of the earth.
13 Ephraim’s jealousy will vanish,
and Judah’s enemies[d] will be destroyed;
Ephraim will not be jealous of Judah,
nor Judah hostile toward Ephraim.
14 They will swoop down on the slopes of Philistia to the west;
together they will plunder the people to the east.
They will subdue Edom and Moab,
and the Ammonites will be subject to them.
15 The Lord will dry up
the gulf of the Egyptian sea;
with a scorching wind he will sweep his hand
over the Euphrates River.
He will break it up into seven streams
so that anyone can cross over in sandals.
16 There will be a highway for the remnant of his people
that is left from Assyria,
as there was for Israel
when they came up from Egypt.

Suddenly millions and millions of Ephraim are found.

I wonder where they are hiding?

When will the two brothers become one?

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If a gentile is not of Ephraim and he is not of Judah then there would be no reason for the gentile to believe in Christ.

The covenants are not for the gentile, and every place you read of ,'' The New covenant..'' or,'' The New heart,''

This would not apply to the gentile, it only applies to Ephraim and Judah alone.

Reactions: BukiRob
Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles? 25 As he says in Hosea:
“I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people;
and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one,”

26 and,
“In the very place where it was said to them,
‘You are not my people,’
there they will be called ‘children of the living God.’”

That is eisegesis - as I have said before. You are making scripture to read what you want it to say.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That is eisegesis - as I have said before. You are making scripture to read what you want it to say.
What do you think it says?

Who is it about?

You do know its about the promise of Ephraim's return don't you?

I'm just trying to figure out where we differ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yep, always ends that way. Always thankful when it does end thus.

I talk about this subject from time to time but its not that I have a need to be accepted.

I try and prove that sons of the living God are called the sons because they have faith in him and are his sons.

It would be nice for a Jewish believer to see me as his brother but its not needed for myself.

What if I am right?

That gentiles can actually be called,'' The sons of the living God?''

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Avodat

Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
What do you think it says?

Who is it about?

You do know its about the promise of Ephraim's return don't you?

I'm just trying to figure out where we differ.

I explained when you quoted lots of texts on your previous posts about this.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Well, Yeshua said this:

New International Version (©2011)
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

Sooooooo............ ?
Jesus was not accepted.

But that is not what was asked.

I asked why Paul is quoting Hosea about Ephraim's promise.

This quote and promise has nothing to do with Jews.

It looks very clear to me that Paul is explaining how gentiles come into the covenant.

You don't believe that he says this.

I would just like to know what you think of it.

Paul then begins talking about the adoption of gentiles and when their time will be over for adoption, and then,'' All Israel will be saved.''

Meaning all the gentiles and all the Jews together as one.

But who is Paul speaking of in quoting Hosea,'' Not my people become my people''

And

'' Those who were not my people become the sons of the living God.''

If its not speaking of gentiles{not my people} then who is he speaking of?

Upvote 0
A

aniello

I talk about this subject from time to time but its not that I have a need to be accepted.

I try and prove that sons of the living God are called the sons because they have faith in him and are his sons.

It would be nice for a Jewish believer to see me as his brother but its not needed for myself.

What if I am right?

That gentiles can actually be called,'' The sons of the living God?''

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Regarding the underlined, I have no problem within the intended context. I am(father's family) a half-savage, Custer killing, Jesuit eating, hubcap stealing, Howi Wacipi(Ghost Dance), formerly peyote chomping(ah, the intense focus and the ability to "see"), Oglala-Hunkpapa moon-howling, nits breed lice, savage Sioux(Lakota) on a roll(not the kind one butters). Big deal! That my Mom was a Jewess was also beyond my control. So how am I better because by genetic fluke I happen to be, rabbinically a Jew? Truth is, I'm not. I'm mere dust. I need the same Yeshua you and everyone else does.

To my contemporaries, with some I am not quite white enough, to some on The Rosebud and Pine Ridge I am not red enough, to others since I am a Jew that believes Yeshua is the Messiah I'm not Christian enough and at the 2 traditional Shuls I attend I am not quite Jewish enough but I have been given to understand that I am "tolerated" because they hope I will do T'shuva and drop this "Yeshu business". But I do pay the annual membership contribution and do a bit of pro bono services for them and we get along rather amiably may I say. Big deal. And so, that's fine, at least there's consistency there. So, surrounded by everyone, always alone, save for Yeshua.

I have visited several cemeteries over the years and after everyone else has gone home I have asked the residents "Who stands best approved by our Holy G-d?" No audible answer. Only G-d knows. Me, I am hardol(mustard seed, almost nothing).

Women are still women, men are still men, Jews in the flesh are still Jews in the flesh and Oyate Lakota are still "Sioux" and dying like flies from addictionism.

Who's best? Nobody. We're dust.

amba.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think everyone is aware that at some point in time, God is going to bring back the ten lost tribes. Zechariah, Hosea, the Psalms and many places talk of God returning these ten tribes that have been lost for 2700 years.

I saw an episode of Sid Roth that implies that a major exodus will perhaps begin even from the USA????!!!!!

The idea is put forward around the 19 minute mark in this film:

David Herzog 2013 - Sid Roth - It's Supernatural

Guest: David Herzog
July 30 - August 5, 2012

When David Herzog shares how to enter God's Glory Zone miracles, signs and wonders are plentiful--instant weight loss, bald heads grow hair, the sick are healed, people are transported into the heavenly realm! David wants to help you enter into the Glory Zone where anything is possible!

if this prophecy turns out to be true.......then the implications are that the God of Abraham is EXTREMELY serious about getting the lost tribes of Israel back to the land of Israel????!!!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I say that Hosea explains that God was to send them into the nations where they would be gentiles.

Did that come true?

It obviously did come true because we now call them the ten lost tribes being that they are lost.

There are two schools of thought of this.

1. That God knows who those people are by blood{after 2700 years of being gentiles} and that God is suddenly going to reclaim them.

2. That Paul explains in Romans 9 that gentiles are spiritually grafted through the promise of return for these ten lost tribes{who are now gentiles}

Will God bring them back because they have the blood of the Ten tribes?

Hosea says that God would make a complete end to them and that if one of them even became pregnant, that he would kill the child of the womb.

I'm not understanding how somebody can believe that God is going to bring the ten tribes back by blood now that they have become gentiles.

Can anyone explain this reasoning to me?

I personally am of the opinion that the writings of Yair Davidiy as well as of Moshiach.com are a significant part of God beginning to inspire Orthodox and Chassidic Jews to reach out to the lost tribes of Israel.

The webpage linking part of the people and part of the Shinto religion of Japan to the lost tribes of Israel is fascinating???!!!

The Mystery of the Ten Lost Tribes
The Ten Lost Tribes: Japan

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ewwww... too many rabbit trails into where are those lost tribes gone? and are they going to return.... And then why does everyone want to be a lost tribe member? until push comes to shove and the thread ends up closed.

This verse is kind of interesting!!!!

Amos 9:9 "For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as [corn] is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth."

Upvote 0

Avodat

Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I personally am of the opinion that the writings of Yair Davidiy as well as of Moshiach.com are a significant part of God beginning to inspire Orthodox and Chassidic Jews to reach out to the lost tribes of Israel.

The webpage linking part of the people and part of the Shinto religion of Japan to the lost tribes of Israel is fascinating???!!!

The Mystery of the Ten Lost Tribes
The Ten Lost Tribes: Japan

Those of us who have been around a few years (well, many actually), will recall lots of prophecies along these lines, using similar scriptures as we see on these threads, often making the same exegetical errors. Every 5 or 8 years it is rolled out when someone gets the idea that they might be a part of the one of these 'lost' tribes and stories abound on the internet of tenuous connections, which usually turn out to be unproven family myths. As the spread of computers grows, more people are taken in to the stories. It usually fades away after a few years and then re-appears a handful of years later. Sorry, but it really is old hat.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Gozreht

Jun 25, 2011
USA
Visit site
✟1,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When David Herzog shares how to enter God's Glory Zone miracles, signs and wonders are plentiful--instant weight loss, bald heads grow hair, the sick are healed, people are transported into the heavenly realm! David wants to help you enter into the Glory Zone where anything is possible!

Is it okay if I interject? Not related to David but who knows...

Being a gentile with ancient Jewish roots I never did understand the concept of being the "lost 10 tribes". I know that it is about how the exile to Babylon somehow and supposedly not all the tribes came home to Judah/Israel after the exile. But scripture I have read doesn't really support that in my eyes. I may have to go read it again. But to me they all returned in a way. So to be "lost" is not what the Jesus was talking about when he said he came to seek the lost sheep of Israel. I have alwasy thought it was referring to those who were not accepting who the Messiah really is or refused Christ. I thought it was the same thing for both type of children that the term lost meant those who are not saved/accepted salvation.

And the idea of them returning was prophetic for the end times. After the appointed time Jewish people from all over the world would return to Israel such as in 1947/48 witrh the re-creation of the state.

I do not like thinking that gentiles are Ephraim becuase that is where this crap of British Israelism comes in and that racist tone.

Just my two cents. Hope I didn't cross any boundaries.

If I am wrong could someone teach me more, even private messages if you do not want to say it out loud for fear of hwo it could go.

Thanks.

Upvote 0