Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Since Jesus ascended, there have been around 300 predictions as to the day of His return. Unless I missed something, not one has come true. I have no expectation that anyone on this forum has greater insight than their predecessors in last day speculations.

Reactions: Jipsah

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's right. I couldn't tell you when Jesus will return if my life depended upon it. Fortunately, my salvation doesn't depend on knowing "when," so I'm good on that front. ;)

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

Well Jesus' return is in two parts. The first part is unknown and very sudden, but the second part of Jesus' second coming will be known by the signs in the dome (sky).

Matthew 24 covers this.

First part of the second coming
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

The second part of second coming
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since Jesus ascended, there have been around 300 predictions as to the day of His return. Unless I missed something, not one has come true. I have no expectation that anyone on this forum has greater insight than their predecessors in last day speculations.
Jesus said by His Holy Spirit -

`But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this day should overtake you as a thief.` (1 Thess. 5: 4)

`...but exhorting one another and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.` (Heb. 10: 25)

So, we will not be taken unawares, but see the Day coming. That `Day` is the day of the Lord, which is a period of time and also a specific day. The prophet Joel say that the northern army will come over Israel`s mountains at the beginning of the Day of the Lord. (Joel 2: 1 & 20)

And then the prophet Ezekiel tells us that at that time Israel will be at peace. (Ez. 38: 11)

So, I am waiting for Israel to finish this war in Gaza, then looking to see the Russian Federation and Iran etc come down to the Golan Heights, where God will deal with them. The Body of Christ will be gone just before that.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus said by His Holy Spirit -

`But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this day should overtake you as a thief.` (1 Thess. 5: 4)

`...but exhorting one another and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.` (Heb. 10: 25)

So, we will not be taken unawares, but see the Day coming. That `Day` is the day of the Lord, which is a period of time and also a specific day. The prophet Joel say that the northern army will come over Israel`s mountains at the beginning of the Day of the Lord. (Joel 2: 1 & 20)

And then the prophet Ezekiel tells us that at that time Israel will be at peace. (Ez. 38: 11)

So, I am waiting for Israel to finish this war in Gaza, then looking to see the Russian Federation and Iran etc come down to the Golan Heights, where God will deal with them. The Body of Christ will be gone just before that.
The Thessalonians saw the day approaching 2,000 years ago. Every generation of believers believes that it is the last. One day, of course, that will be true. We always need to be ready.

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We cannot predict the times and the seasons, but only speculate based on the time that we live in and looking at the basic outline given by the Prophet Daniel. Jesus himself warned his disciples not to look towards "Kingdom Now" movements that claimed they were somehow bringing in the Kingdom of God. These are false Christs and false prophets.

I'm not specifically referring to the Kingdom Now movement within the Charismatic movement, but to movements who make this audacious claim that they actually are bringing in God's Kingdom. If the shoe fits, wear it.

So Jesus said that he would come not as an earthly movement claiming Kingdom realization, but rather, as the Son of Man from heaven to destroy the Antichrist. We have enough antichrists in our own time to deal with. Our call is to deal with today, and let tomorrow be dealt with when it comes.

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Those Christians alive when the Prophecy of 2 Thessalonians 2:4 takes place, will know that exactly 1260 days later; Jesus will Return.
Revelation and all the Bible Prophesies will unfold as described, with the time periods as given. Why not?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All time related prophecies have happened. Nobody knows the exact date Christ will return. What we can see is that His return is near by the condition of the earth and humanity worsening .... escalating.

The Return of the Son of Man
(Mark 13:24–27; Luke 21:25–28)

26So if they tell you, ‘There He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days:

‘The sun will be darkened,

and the moon will not give its light;

the stars will fall from the sky,

and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.’

30At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

We are told to be prepared for it to happen at any time ... to be in a state of readiness.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We are told to be prepared for it to happen at any time ... to be in a state of readiness.
You miss out rather a lot of Revelation and the hundreds of other Bible prophesies, that graphically describe the end time events, leading up to the glorious Return.
What we should be prepared for and aware of; is the soon to happen Sixth Seal worldwide disaster. We must stand firm in our faith and trust the Lord for our protection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Thessalonians saw the day approaching 2,000 years ago. Every generation of believers believes that it is the last. One day, of course, that will be true. We always need to be ready.
However, what about -

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You miss out rather a lot of Revelation and the hundreds of other Bible prophesies, that graphically describe the end time events, leading up to the glorious Return.
What we should be prepared for and aware of; is the soon to happen Sixth Seal worldwide disaster. We must stand firm in our faith and trust the Lord for our protection.
Yeah ... that will be the great tribulation ... we are to be prepared ... not missing out on the prophesies here.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yeah ... that will be the great tribulation ... we are to be prepared ... not missing out on the prophesies here.
The Great Tribulation of the Seven Trumpets and the Seven Bowls, ending when Jesus Returns; Rev 16:16-17, will happen during the final 42 months, the time of world Satanic control. Rev 13:5-8

But the Sixth Seal Day of the Lords fiery wrath, will come several years before the GT. It will change the world and set the scene for all the rest of the end time Prophesies to take place. It is what Jesus warned about, as coming like a thief: sudden and unexpected.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You only watch for his return so you don't get caught up in all things that will shortly precede his actual return: harvests (nuclear wars) and the fake Jesus (false prophet.) That's Matthew 25 stuff.

If you sit around and fail to avoid the harvests (nuclear wars), then you get tossed into hell, according to the parable of the talents. Turns out that the symptoms of hell look a lot like the symptoms of a fatal dose of radiation: Gnashing of teeth due to the extreme pain, weeping, thirst. Except death comes in 3 days to 3 weeks depending on radiation exposure.

Where would the insight come from? What about current events?

If Russia and China nuke America and friends as they are threatening, that would take out about one-quarter of the world's population. Sounds like the 4th seal of Revelation.

What is the chance of that?

Once you hit around 70 years of stability then the wheels begin to fall off the cart. Big things become possible, like big wars. That's because everybody is sleeping, and they know a big war is impossible.

We can use logic to figure out that a big war (nuclear war) between Israel and its neighbors could start WW3. And the Bible tells us that this is exactly what happens: Isaiah 17 (3rd seal), and the subsequent retaliation in Isaiah 18 (4th seal).

What is the chance of Isaiah 17? It's close. Israel and Hezbollah (Lebanon) are on the verge of a big war right now. Good chance it happens in 2024. That would likely mean termination for America and Australia would come in 2025.

Always remember, deny, deny, deny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Where would the insight come from? What about current events?
The removal of 2.6 billion redeemed souls would do the same thing. They would be physically dead and gone, and forgotten by those left on the earth, like those of the last 500 years. They certainly won't be hanging out on earth, as they will be shining like the stars and would not fit in very well with those suffering on the earth in sin and death.

Why do people not understand that the glorified church will shine like the sun in brilliance? We don't exist as dead and decaying flesh, once we leave the earth. Between the 4th and 5th Seal that would be 4 billion people. Or only 2 billion, if the 4th Seal is talking about the church leaving the earth as a corporate group.

Maybe there are only a million redeemed on the earth? You would be correct that the other 2 billion just physically die and go to sheol. Perhaps the church will all be physically dead, and no one alive and remain? But the 5th Seal is when Paul states the church is taken away. Because the putting on of the robe of white only happens one time in all of the 6,000 years of recorded history. The 5th Seal is corruption putting on incorruption, and mortal putting on immortality. That can only happen one time, not over and over again several times over a long or short span of time.

Reactions: Matt5
Upvote 0