Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Resurrection of Jesus IS BODILY otherwise its not a Resurrection by definition.
But you are claiming that the majority of Christians do not believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Which seems to be based on them not agreeing with your definition of a spiritual body in the afterlife. Which is a highly debatable subject. And frankly, who really understands it?

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But you are claiming that the majority of Christians do not believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Which seems to be based on them not agreeing with your definition of a spiritual body in the afterlife. Which is a highly debatable subject. And frankly, who really understands it?
Its not debatable unless a person denies the truth and facts from Scripture. The same is true with the Deity of Christ being " debatable" . It is true and a fact even though people deny it. Have you looked at polls within Christianity ?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its not debatable unless a person denies the truth and facts from Scripture. The same is true with the Deity of Christ being " debatable" . It is true and a fact even though people deny it. Have you looked at polls within Christianity ?
You still maintain that the majority of Christians do not believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ? That's ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You still maintain that the majority of Christians do not believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ? That's ridiculous.
Bodily Resurrection/Ascension which means a literal Physical human body with flesh and bones, real feet and hands with the wounds/scars from His crucifixion now in heaven. Do you believe that ? yes or no

Luke 24:39
See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bodily Resurrection/Ascension which means a literal Physical human body with flesh and bones, real feet and hands with the wounds/scars from His crucifixion now in heaven. Do you believe that ? yes or no

Luke 24:39
See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”

hope this helps !!!
As I said, this is a debatable issue. The actually nature of our resurrected bodies.
What do you make of this? It indicates that we will be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53
Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I said, this is a debatable issue. The actually nature of our resurrected bodies.
What do you make of this? It indicates that we will be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53
Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.
Just like Jesus Resurrected body which is flesh and bones, imperishable, immortal and incorruptible.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just like Jesus Resurrected body which is flesh and bones, imperishable, immortal and incorruptible.
That is NOT flesh and blood then. It is something MORE. Yet you condemn the majority of Christianity over this debatable point.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is NOT flesh and blood then. It is something MORE. Yet you condemn the majority of Christianity over this debatable point.
The fact is the SAME body Jesus died was RESURRECTED from the grave and there were plenty of eyewitness who saw Him, touched Him and confirmed He was raised Bodily( His same body) that was imperishable, immortal and incorruptible.

You are trying to avoid this obvious truth and deflect.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
read the polls here, don't take my word for it - fact check

The Resurrection of Jesus

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact is the SAME body Jesus died was RESURRECTED from the grave and there were plenty of eyewitness who saw Him, touched Him and confirmed He was raised Bodily( His same body) that was imperishable, immortal and incorruptible.

You are trying to avoid this obvious truth and deflect.
You are claiming that Jesus body was imperishable, immortal and incorruptible before he was crucified. Do you have proof? You said "same body", I say, not same body.

And on this DEBATABLE basis you claim MOST of Christianity DOES NOT believe in the resurrection. Seriously?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
read the polls here, don't take my word for it - fact check

The Resurrection of Jesus
Are you claiming the poll isn't biased?
Anyone knows that the majority of Christians do in fact believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The creed is common among nearly ALL Christian churches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are claiming that Jesus body was imperishable, immortal and incorruptible before he was crucified. Do you have proof? You said "same body", I say, not same body.

And on this DEBATABLE basis you claim MOST of Christianity DOES NOT believe in the resurrection. Seriously?
Try reading what I actually have said in this tread as the TOPIC is His RESURRECTED BODY of FLESH and BONES. That has not changed for a second.

How you came up with that is beyond me. The body that was in the grave was RESURRECTED immortal, incorruptible and imperishable.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you c,aiming the poll isn't biased?
Anyone knows that the majority of Christians do in fact believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The creed is common among nearly ALL Christian churches.
just because someone claims something doesn't mean its true. Those polls parallel my experience online and in person.

next.............

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You need to get out more.
I've been an active member and leader in 4 churches in the past 45 years, on elder boards and teach home bible studies and one on one discipleship with men since 1980. Plus I've visited numerous other churches and denominations over the decades and debated all the various cults that knock on your door. So like I said the poll matched reality.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been an active member and leader in 4 churches in the past 45 years, on elder boards and teach home bible studies and one on one discipleship with men since 1980. Plus I've visited numerous other churches and denominations over the decades and debated all the various cults that knock on your door. So like I said the poll matched reality.

hope this helps !!!
Why do you bother when the majority doesn't even believe in the resurrection according to you and your poll? Why teach the Bible to the lost? - lol

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do you bother when the majority doesn't even believe in the resurrection according to you and your poll? Why teach the Bible to the lost? - lol
You can't tell the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the tares, false teachers from genuine teachers until you know what they believe. That only happens by interacting with people on a personal level. We are called to preach and teach the gospel, thats not an option but a command.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't tell the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the tares, false teachers from genuine teachers until you know what they believe. That only happens by interacting with people on a personal level. We are called to preach and teach the gospel, thats not an option but a command.

hope this helps !!!
And you have concluded that the majority doesn't even believe in the resurrection?
Sounds like you are a goat herder.

Upvote 0