✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once again, this proves my point.
You were using your own doctrinal hair-slitting to claim that these Christian do not believe in the resurrection. Basing your claim on the state of Jesus resurrection body. Which is a highly debatable subject, and does not discount a person's belief in the resurrection. You are also assuming that Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians. Not sure you can make a blanket claim like that.

Saint Steven said:
Then how did you arrive at the conclusion that most Christians don't believe in the resurrection?
Its not debatable at all and some came out of their false doctrine denying the resurrection to believing in the bodily Resurrection and became real believers. There were some amazing testimonies.

So much for your hair splitting theory...............

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You were using your own doctrinal hair-slitting to claim that these Christian do not believe in the resurrection. Basing your claim on the state of Jesus resurrection body. Which is a highly debatable subject, and does not discount a person's belief in the resurrection. You are also assuming that Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians. Not sure you can make a blanket claim like that.

Saint Steven said:
Then how did you arrive at the conclusion that most Christians don't believe in the resurrection?
If you think jehovah witnesses are saved you have no clue about what constitutes a false god, false christ and a false gospel which is what they believe. You have never studied what they believe which is clear by you remarks about them being christians. They are ANTI- christians, antichrists as per 1 John 4:1-3 and 2 John 1:7

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In fact arminians, calvinists, luthrens, catholics, anglicans,baptists,charismatics, orthodox and many other protestants came together defending the bodily Resurrection against those who opposed it and claimed Jesus rose spiritual with no body. It was a beautiful thing to watch as the body of Christ came together defending the ESSENTIAL and SALVIFIC TRUTH of His Resurrection(bodily).

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dang, does that mean I am going to receive another body that is going to wear down, and tear up again, @Jesus is YHWH?

I really hate this thing I have to live in every day, (not really every day) though if I ever do anything wrong that is not good for me. Ill write about how much I hate myself and the things I do. Like Paul in Romans 7:15-20.

• Haha
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dang, does that mean I am going to receive another body that is going to wear down, and tear up again, @Jesus is YHWH?

I really hate this thing I have to live in every day, (not really every day) though if I ever do anything wrong that is not good for me. Ill write about how much I hate myself and the things I do. Like Paul in Romans 7:15-20.
Your new body in the Resurrection will be perfect, immortal, incorruptible, imperishable and glorious !

When I was 50 I felt great not hardly any aches or pains to speak of but not at 60 I have lots of aches and pains that never seem to go away. I can't wait to be absent from this body and present with the Lord not because of this body now but to be with the One who Redeemed me from my sin and gave me life, hope and a future worth living for in the here and now.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its not debatable at all and some came out of their false doctrine denying the resurrection to believing in the bodily Resurrection and became real believers. There were some amazing testimonies.

So much for your hair splitting theory...............
There is hair-splitting in your quoted post above.
You claim, "... some came out of their false doctrine denying the resurrection..." as if they were actually denying the resurrection. "... to believing in the bodily Resurrection..." THERE'S THE HAIR-SPLITTING to then conclude, "... and became real believers." Thus inferring that they weren't believers until they aligned themselves with your doctrinal hair-splitting.

And it seems that you are glossing over the argument about how you are defining "bodily", thus weeding out anyone that doesn't align with your doctrinal hair-splitting.

Therefore, your claim that MOST Christians don't believe in the resurrection is false and VERY debatable.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you think jehovah witnesses are saved you have no clue about what constitutes a false god, false christ and a false gospel which is what they believe. You have never studied what they believe which is clear by you remarks about them being christians. They are ANTI- christians, antichrists as per 1 John 4:1-3 and 2 John 1:7
I certainly have issues with the JW institution, but I would not make a blanket statement that JWs are not Christians. I take everyone on an individual basis. It is spitual bigotry to do otherwise. God can reach individuals wherever they are. Where was Moses when God called him?

Saint Steven said:

Saint Steven said:

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In fact arminians, calvinists, luthrens, catholics, anglicans,baptists,charismatics, orthodox and many other protestants came together defending the bodily Resurrection against those who opposed it and claimed Jesus rose spiritual with no body. It was a beautiful thing to watch as the body of Christ came together defending the ESSENTIAL and SALVIFIC TRUTH of His Resurrection(bodily).
Here is your survey headline from post #3
Survey: Majority of American Christians Don’t Believe the Gospel( The core of the gospel is the Resurrection)

You cannot defend that headline without doctrinal hair-splitting. Everything about that headline is patently false.

Furthermore, no one is saved by doctrine. If so, who's doctrine? This subject is incredibly divisive.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is the doctrinal hairsplitting in plain view.
BOTH GROUPS BELIEVED IN THE RESURRECTION.
The difference was in the TYPE of body that was raised. A very debatable issue.
Yet you declare those on one side of the argument to be saved and those on the other side to be lost. This is doctrinal hairsplitting TO THE MAX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is the doctrinal hairsplitting in plain view.
BOTH GROUPS BELIEVED IN THE RESURRECTION.
The difference was in the TYPE of body that was raised. A very debatable issue.
Yet you declare those on one side of the argument to be saved and those on the other side to be lost. This is doctrinal hairsplitting TO THE MAX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You misread it as all the groups came together as ONE defending the physical, material, bodily Resurrection/Ascension of Jesus.

I should know since I wrote it and it was my experience, not yours. You are splitting hairs.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟440,704.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look up the meaning of the word soma below, it always means a physical body in relation to anthropos(man).
Are you then arguing that our physical body itself is sin? Romans 6:6knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7for he who has died is freed from sin.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you then arguing that our physical body itself is sin? Romans 6:6knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7for he who has died is freed from sin.
no I'm arguing body is material, physical not immaterial/spirit.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is your survey headline from post #3
Survey: Majority of American Christians Don’t Believe the Gospel( The core of the gospel is the Resurrection)

You cannot defend that headline without doctrinal hair-splitting. Everything about that headline is patently false.

Furthermore, no one is saved by doctrine. If so, who's doctrine? This subject is incredibly divisive.
its no more false then what you claim with your experience, it works both ways, can't have your cake and eat it too.

BTW- Jesus is divisive !

Is this not the " controversial " forum ?

Luke 12:49-56
New American Standard Bible

Christ Divides Men
49 “I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; 52 for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BTW- Jesus is divisive !
Not in reference to his church!

Matthew 12:25
Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them,
“Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined,
and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.

Mark 3:25
If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not in reference to his church!

Matthew 12:25
Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them,
“Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined,
and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.

Mark 3:25
If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
where is the church mentioned ?

eisegesis lol......................

try and exegete the passages and get back to me anyone can sling a verse and make it say what they want to fit into their little box.

but enough with this off topic let me know when you want to discuss Jesus bodily Resurrection which this thread is about.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but enough with this off topic let me know when you want to discuss Jesus bodily Resurrection which this thread is about.
I already told you that your claim that the majority of Christians don't believe in the resurrection is false. By your own admission in fact. (hairsplitting)

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I already told you that your claim that the majority of Christians don't believe in the resurrection is false. By your own admission in fact. (hairsplitting)
you know what they say about opinions eh.

Upvote 0