✟487,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say God is Trinity.
You are adding the word, it's not in the text.
No one is speaking of the Trinity in Hebrews 4, and it doesn’t give us carte blanche to add whatever we want to His Word.

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟333,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Personally I don't 'care' too much (as if it would make a difference) if it is considered by anyone to be a work of yours (or of mine?) in any case ..... If we obey God and do what is right, do what HE SAYS, being DOers of the Word and not Hearers ONLY, then we are justified/ healed/ go on.
As Jesus Says "MY sheep HEAR MY Voice and Follow Me" We will not follow another.
Some people , maybe many, might call that a work, and they go on not following Jesus, and suffer for it, right ?
As for me and my house, we will follow Jesus wherever He Goes!

Perhaps I misunderstood the post of yours I was replying to. "Rejecting things is not a work in itself".

When I saw this, a ton of verses came rushing into my mind.

Prov. 1: 24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

Hos. 4: 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

1 Sam. 15: 23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Jer. 6: 19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.

I wasn't implying it was a work of yours (or mine), although for me it is a constant struggle. I was just sharing my understanding of Scriptures regarding the practice of rejecting God's instruction, in favor of popular religious traditions and doctrines of men, or the lusts of the flesh in general.

Perhaps I was being to bold.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No one is speaking of the Trinity in Hebrews 4, and it doesn’t give us carte blanche to add whatever we want to His Word.
And there we have it. . .

See post #59.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟547,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Where does it say God is Trinity.
Sister, here is a passage where we find the trinity of God being three distinct individuals. A truth supported by the rest of the scriptures where the "Father" knows something neither of the others knows and where we are told, because He can speak from himself, that the Holy Spirit will not speak from himself but will speak whatever He may hear.

Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20 NLT)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sister, here is a passage where we find the trinity of God being three distinct individuals. A truth supported by the rest of the scriptures where the "Father" knows something neither of the others knows and where we are told, because He can speak from himself, that the Holy Spirit will not speak from himself but will speak whatever He may hear.Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20 NLT)

Nice. . .

Where does it say Son and Holy Spirit are God?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟382,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Still not one verse says God is the Trinity.
Hence why we don't teach that either.
That would be Heb 3:7-4:13, where faith is the issue being addressed.

If you mean Disobedience, rooted in faithlessness yes.

Christ, whose House we are if today we will hear His voice and harden not our hearts as in the day of provocation. As some whom heard did provoke, These whom sinned He was grieved for forty years so their carcasses fell in the desert due to their faithlessness, their sinful disobedience rooted in unbelief. So they never entered into the rest,

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
from the promised Canaan-rest from their enemies)
as a warning not to refuse to go into NT salvation-rest because of unbelief, a warning not to return to their OT religion.

Heb 4:1-5 is about God's rest. It's about our entering (v.1) into God's full-time rest (v.3b) of salvation without works. There is a spiritual rest remaining for the people of faith, in God's own full-time Sabbath-rest. Faith, the issue here, is not related to physical rest, it is related to God's full-time spiritual salvation-rest in Jesus Christ.
So let us fear lest we should come short of this rest which was preached unto them which was the Gospel. For the word preached did not profit them due to the not having faith, being disobedient sinners. But we who do believe do enter into this rest which is of the Gospel. The works for which were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place, Mt Sinia. For Mt Sinia is where He spoke of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And that would include the works for the rest for which is of the Gospel. AND in this again. And in this again what? He speaks of the seventh day if they shall enter into my rest which is the Gospel. Seeing that it remains that some must still enter in to the rest which is the Gospel, today hears His voice. Let's not harden our hearts as in the provocation. For if the rest was entering into the promised land then He would not after spoken of another day, period. And in this again, He speaks of the seventh day, if they shall enter into my rest which is the Gospel; Therefore there remains a Sabbath keeping for the people of God for he that has entered into his rest which is of the Gospel ALSO ceases from his own works AS, JUST LIKE God did from His, God did not enter into a spiritual rest. He is always in that rest for He is Spirit. He rested from the physical work of creation on the Seventh Day, So we who have entered into our rest which is the Gospel ALSO cease from our physical JUST AS God did.

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Heb 4:3 shows that the writer of Hebrews is using the example of Israel's refusal to go into promised Canaan rest (because of unbelief,
causing God to shut out--Nu 14:21-35, a whole generation of Israelites--Heb 4:3,

The Rest was the Gospel (4:2) and they refused to be obedient so God could not give them that rest, One must have the Spiritual before they can have the physical. They failed at the Spiritual so they whom He was grieved died in the desert and never entered into the promised land. Which was not the rest which was preached unto them which is the Gospel, So because of their continued disobedient unbelief the rest, another day, period was still being preached.

Not quite. . .if nothing has changed, why does the writer present it as a contrast?

Heb 4:9-11 shows that while Canaan physical rest was no longer available (Heb 4:3),
there still remained a spiritual Sabbath-rest in God for those NT Hebrews,
which was not a rest from physical works, but a rest from spiritual works to earn salvation,
because God again set a certain day, calling it TODAY (Heb 4:6-7),
which is not rest in Canaan whose doors are closed (Heb 4:3),
but is the full-time Sabbath-rest of God, in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross, where the believer rests full-time from his own spiritual works to save, and rests in Christ's work which has saved.
He that entered into his rest ALSO ceases from their own works AS God did from His.

Also means in addition to and as means just like. No changing or confusing that, any of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟547,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Nice. . .Where does it say Son and Holy Spirit are God?
Sister, the Holy Spirit is said to be God in the following passage where lying to the Holy Spirit is lying to God.

Then Peter said, “Ananias, why have you let Satan fill your heart? You lied to the Holy Spirit, and you kept some of the money for yourself. The property was yours to sell or not sell, as you wished. And after selling it, the money was also yours to give away. How could you do a thing like this? You weren’t lying to us but to God!” (Acts 5:3-4 NLT)​

The Son is said to be God in the following passage where the Word is "God" and He becomes human as the Father's one and only "Son". The Word became a Son after the incarnation of being born of a woman, but He existed before He became a Son.

In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God... So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son. (John 1:1, 14 NLT)​

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christ, whose House we are if today we will hear His voice and harden not our hearts as in the day of provocation. As some whom heard did provoke, These whom sinned He was grieved for forty years so their carcasses fell in the desert due to their faithlessness, their sinful disobedience rooted in unbelief. So they never entered into the rest,
Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
So let us fear lest we should come short of this rest which was preached unto them which was the Gospel. For the word preached did not profit them due to the not having faith, being disobedient sinners. But we who do believe do enter into this rest which is of the Gospel. The works for which were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place, Mt Sinia. For Mt Sinia is where He spoke of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And that would include the works for the rest for which is of the Gospel. AND in this again. And in this again what? He speaks of the seventh day if they shall enter into my rest which is the Gospel. Seeing that it remains that some must still enter in to the rest which is the Gospel, today hears His voice. Let's not harden not our hearts as in the provocation. For if the rest was entering into the promised land then He would not after spoken of another day, period. And in this again what? He speaks of the seventh day if they shall enter into my rest which is the Gospel; Therefore there remains a Sabbath keeping for the people of God for he that has entered into his rest which is of the Gospel ALSO ceases from his own works AS, JUST LIKE God did from His, God did not enter into a spiritual rest. He is always in that rest for He is Spirit. He rested from the physical work of creation on the Seventh Day, So we who have entered into our rest which is the Gospel ALSO cease from our physical JUST AS God did.
Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
The Rest was the Gospel (4:2) and they refused to be obedient so God could not give them that rest, One must have the Spiritual before they can have the physical. They failed at the Spiritual so they whom He was grieved died in the desert and never entered into the promised land. Which was not the rest which was preached unto them which is the Gospel, So because of their continued disobedient unbelief the rest, another day, period was still being preached.
He that entered into his rest ALSO ceases from their own works AS God did from His.
Also means in addition to and as means just like. No changing or confusing that, any of it.
See post #59.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sister, the Holy Spirit is said to be God in the following passage where lying to the Holy Spirit is lying to God.
Then Peter said, “Ananias, why have you let Satan fill your heart? You lied to the Holy Spirit, and you kept some of the money for yourself. The property was yours to sell or not sell, as you wished. And after selling it, the money was also yours to give away. How could you do a thing like this? You weren’t lying to us but to God!” (Acts 5:3-4 NLT)​
The Son is said to be God in the following passage where the Word is "God" and He becomes human as the Father's one and only "Son". The Word became a Son after the incarnation of being born of a woman, but He existed before He became a Son.
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God... So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son. (John 1:1, 14 NLT)​
You may be interested in post #59.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟487,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
See post #59 to you.
And those scriptures still do not say Jesus is the Sabbath or that we no longer need to keep the Sabbath according to the commandment, but commentary that leads people away from obeying God the way He asks, which is exactly what this passage warns us about.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And those scriptures still do not say Jesus is the Sabbath or that we no longer need to keep the Sabbath according to the commandment, but commentary that leads people away from obeying God the way He asks, which is exactly what this passage warns us about.
It falls to you to textually demonstrate they do not.

They clearly present the gospel rest of faith as God's rest for the Christian in the NT.
Which likewise explains God's emphatic command of this rest in Mosaic law, it being the figure of the complete salvation rest in his Son.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟165,317.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So are

So let us fear lest we should come short of this rest which was preached unto them which was the Gospel. For the word preached did not profit them due to the not having faith, being disobedient sinners. But we who do believe do enter into this rest which is of the Gospel. The works for which were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place, Mt Sinia. For Mt Sinia is where He spoke of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And that would include the works for the rest for which is of the Gospel. AND in this again. And in this again what? He speaks of the seventh day if they shall enter into my rest which is the Gospel. Seeing that it remains that some must still enter in to the rest which is the Gospel, today hears His voice. Let's not harden not our hearts as in the provocation. For if the rest was entering into the promised land then He would not after spoken of another day, period. And in this again what? He speaks of the seventh day if they shall enter into my rest which is the Gospel; Therefore there remains a Sabbath keeping for the people of God for he that has entered into his rest which is of the Gospel ALSO ceases from his own works AS, JUST LIKE God did from His, God did not enter into a spiritual rest. He is always in that rest for He is Spirit. He rested from the physical work of creation on the Seventh Day, So we who have entered into our rest which is the Gospel ALSO cease from our physical JUST AS God did.

So are you ceasing from your work just as God did from His? Or you repeat the same work after every 7th day rest? Is God repeat His work or His work finished?

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟547,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
NT salvation rest
Sister, there is no such thing as a "NT salvation rest" because salvation takes work on our part, as was the case with the animal sacrifices for the removal of sin. Mastery over sin is not obtained by resting, unless you die like the thief on the cross before having any opportunity to do any of the regular additional works of righteousness toward your salvation, like circumcision in the case of Abraham.

You say you have faith (pistis), for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. How foolish! Can’t you see that faith (pistis) without good deeds is inactive? Don’t you remember that our ancestor Abraham was shown to be right with God by his actions when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see, his BELIEF (pistis) and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith (pistis) complete. And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed (pisteuó) God, and God credited to him as righteousness (noun).” He was even called the friend of God. So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by BELIEF (pistis) alone. (James 2:19-24 NLT fixed)​

Our English translations are all wrong on how they translate "faith" when the Greek word used sometimes means "belief" and not "faith"! Where "faith" translates from the Greek, we know by the Hebrew cited about Abraham, that it must translate into "belief" and not "faith". As in any good definition, the defined word is not included in the definition of the two parts that formed Abraham's "faith".

And Abram believed (aman) the LORD, and the LORD counted it to him as righteousness (noun). (Genesis 15:6 NLT fixed)​

The definition of Abraham's faith above becomes the following equation.

FAITH = BELIEVED + RIGHTEOUSNESS (work or a gift when you believed, completing your faith before doing any regular work like circumcision in the case of Abraham)​

Paul, in the following passage, reveals that "faith" is ambiguous in the Greek New Testament for the two Hebrew words in the above equation of "faith" and "belief". A Greek word that is sometimes translated as "faith", which includes work, and other times as "belief", which was credited as work when you believed, granting initial forgiveness for past sins without having done any regular works of righteousness at the temple. Work at the temple that David in the below passage did not do, having received again the gift of a new faith granting initial forgiveness for having believed.

When people work, their wages are not a gift, but something they have earned. But people are credited righteousness (dikaiosuné), not because of their work, but because of their belief (pistis) in God who forgives sinners. David also spoke of this when he described the happiness of those who are credited righteousness (dikaiosuné) without working for it: “Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight. Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of sin.” Now, is this blessing only for the Jews, or is it also for uncircumcised Gentiles? Well, we have been saying that Abraham was credited righteousness (dikaiosuné) by God because of his belief (pistis). But how did this happen? Was he credited righteousness (dikaiosuné) only after he was circumcised, or was it before he was circumcised? Clearly, God accepted Abraham before he was circumcised! (Romans 4:4-10 NLT fixed)​

In the case of David receiving this blessing again as mentioned in the above passage at the beginning of his new "faith", it means that all his previous acts of God's given works of "righteousness" were forgotten and David would have died for his sin had God not brought him into a new "faith" through the prophet Nathan.

“Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live. However, if righteous (adjective) people turn from their righteousness (noun) and start doing sinful things and act like other sinners, should they be allowed to live? No, of course not! All their righteous acts will be forgotten, and they will die for their sins. (Ezekiel 18:23-26 NLT fixed)​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟487,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
They clearly present the gospel rest of faith as God's rest for the Christian in the NT.
Whats the point of posting scripture if our commentary isn’t even close
It falls to you to textually demonstrate that they do not.
Just an example…
4) For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "And on the seventh day God rested from all his work" (God's Sabbath-rest is full time, not just one day a week).
Should we ignore the scripture that clearly says “And on the seventh day God rested from all his work” which does not match your commentary of “God’s Sabbath rest is full-time, not just one day a week.“ There is no scripture that says the 4th commandment became something Jesus does for us instead of us obeying Him the way He commanded, just like the other 9 commandments. At what point does this end. If we decide we want to covet, can we alter His commandment to not covet in some creative way. When we start tinkering with His holy commandments that He wrote and He spoke, I think it’s a very bad idea as we are not above God, we even have warnings for it. Deut 4:2 Prov 30:5-6 Not one jot can be changed. Mat 5:18 and not to break or teach others to break the least of His commandments Mat 5:19-30 which essentially what this teaching is, we do not need to keep the Sabbath according to the commandment, but now Jesus became the 4th commandment and we can profane His holy day doing what we want instead of His ways Isa 58:13, which is basically teaching us to sin as the transgression of God’s law is sin. 1 John 3:4 Romans 7:7 and ironically what Hebrews 4 is warning us about being in rebellion to God and keeping the Sabbath which remains for the people of God. Resting the way God did as the scripture clearly shows working six days, resting on the seventh day. Hebrews 4:4 Gen 2:1-3 Exo 20:8-11

You stated that Jesus is the NT Sabbath, yet still have not found one scripture that supports this and no matter how many scriptures you post you still can’t find this verse in all of God’s Word and our commentary does not equal to the Text. Jesus, the apostles and His faithful followers kept the Sabbath according to the commandment- for me thats where I place my faith God’s clear spoken and written Word. Exodus 20:8-11

I guess we will have to agree to disagree and this gets sorted out soon enough. Take care.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sister, there is no such thing as a "NT salvation rest" because salvation takes work on our part,
The NT disagrees with you

Salvation (remission of sin and reconciliation with God) is by grace through faith. . .not by works. (Eph 2:8-9)
as was the case with the animal sacrifices for the removal of sin. Mastery over sin is not obtained by resting, unless you die like the thief on the cross before having any opportunity to do any of the regular additional works of righteousness toward your salvation, like circumcision in the case of Abraham.
Circumcision had nothing to do with Abraham's righteousness by faith (Ge 15:6).
Abraham was declared righteous (Ge 15:6) 15 years before he was circumcised in Ge 17. (Ro 4:9-11)

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟547,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The NT disagrees with you
Sister, It says God forgives our past sins as a gift to put us to "work" and not to give us rest from the "work" He planned for us long ago.

God saved you by his grace when you believed (a gift). And you can’t take credit for this (gift); it is a gift from God. Salvation/this gift is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things/work (ergon) he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:8-10 NLT fixed and overlaid with commentary)​
Salvation (remission of sin and reconciliation with God) is by grace through faith. . .not by works. (Eph 2:8-9)
The word "salvation" is not in the original Greek but was added by the translators in place of the "gift" of initial forgiveness, making the passage say we do not need to "work" when the original actually says He wants us to do the "work" God planned for us long ago. God forgives so that we can do the good "work" He planned for us long ago. He expects "work" and not to rest from us who have received the gift of initial forgiveness for past sins. The gift of crediting righteousness for having believed grants initial forgiveness for prior sins for having "believed". Faith requires at least one act of God's given works of righteousness and you get that first act as a gift when God credits your having believed, as your first act of "righteousness", completing your faith before doing any additional regular works of righteousness at the temple in the case of David.
Circumcision had nothing to do with Abraham's righteousness by faith (Ge 15:6).
You are credited with an act of righteousness for having "believed" and not for "faith". Faith requires at least one act of righteousness to be active.

You say you have faith (pistis), for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. How foolish! Can’t you see that faith (pistis) without good deeds is inactive? Don’t you remember that our ancestor Abraham was shown to be right with God by his actions when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see, his BELIEF (pistis) and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith (pistis) complete. And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed (pisteuó) God, and God credited to him as righteousness (noun).” He was even called the friend of God. So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by BELIEF (pistis) alone. (James 2:19-24 NLT fixed)​

Circumcision is used to show whether Abraham was accepted before he had to do the additional work of circumcision in the following passage. David is the key to understanding this gift of initial forgiveness when you have believed, where your having believed is credited as work completing your faith before doing any additional regular works of righteousness at the temple in the case of David.

When people work, their wages are not a gift, but something they have earned. But people are credited righteousness (dikaiosuné), not because of their work, but because of their belief (pistis) in God who forgives sinners. David also spoke of this when he described the happiness of those who are credited righteousness (dikaiosuné) without working for it: “Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight. Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of sin.” Now, is this blessing only for the Jews, or is it also for uncircumcised Gentiles? Well, we have been saying that Abraham was credited righteousness (dikaiosuné) by God because of his belief (pistis). But how did this happen? Was he credited righteousness (dikaiosuné) only after he was circumcised, or was it before he was circumcised? Clearly, God accepted Abraham before he was circumcised! (Romans 4:4-10 NLT fixed)​
Abraham was declared righteous (Ge 15:6) 15 years before he was circumcised in Ge 17. (Ro 4:9-11)
Abraham was not declared a "righteous" person but was credited as having done work for his having "believed". Righteousness is work and the other word righteous is a person who does all of God's works of righteousness. These two words do not mean the same as shown in the following passage.

“Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live. However, if righteous (adjective) people turn from their righteousness (noun) and start doing sinful things and act like other sinners, should they be allowed to live? No, of course not! All their righteous acts will be forgotten, and they will die for their sins. (Ezekiel 18:23-26 NLT fixed)​

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟382,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So are

So are you ceasing from your work just as God did from His? Or you repeat the same work after every 7th day rest? Is God repeat His work or His work finished?
It isn't that difficult. Stop looking for loopholes. Two things mentioned in those verses. The rest which we entered which is the Gospel. And ceasing from our own works like God did from His.
We who have entered into the rest which is the Gospel ALSO, in addition to cease from our own physical work like God did on the seventh day. TWO things not one. God ceased from physical work on the Seventh Day not spiritual work. He was not trying to obtain salvation. He is Spirit, so spiritual work never ceases, it is who He is. And He is our salvation. Our Spiritual Rest through Christ. And thereby our physical rest, We can't have true physical rest without the spiritual rest that is in God through the Gospel.
And it says on the Seventh Day specifically. This is a day not a period of time that is ongoing. Nothing in the text or anywhere does it say otherwise.

Upvote 0