Douglaangu

Dance Commander
Sep 1, 2002
Visit site
✟15,542.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
I am beginning to wonder if the good outweighs the bad, when it comes to computers. There is so much filth and disgusting perversion on computers. If science is so wonderful, why don't they find a way to get that filth off of the internet.
Because its not up to 'science' to censor people.
And don't act as though inappropriate contentography is a new thing, its been around for a long, long time. The internet, television, printing press, engraving techniques, ink pens, paper and pencils only made it easier to create and induldge in.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
You know, Johnny, now that you have utterly humiliated yourself beyond all previous attempts, I need to ask this... seriously, now:

Do you really think that whatever you call "science" is responsible for the evils in the world you've mentioned, or has it merely provided a means for evil people to do what they would have done anyway?

You speak of "science" as if it were some boogyman which is breaking down your door. Are you so desperate for a devil to hate that you will make one out of "science," and direct all your irrational religious fears at it?

Because I must say, John, you've been running off nonsense, far above and beyond anything you've ever achieved before. Usually I can see a method to the madness with you, but this time, I have to believe that you are either trolling again, or you have gone completely off the deep end.

Seek help, friend.

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
I am beginning to wonder if the good outweighs the bad, when it comes to computers. There is so much filth and disgusting perversion on computers. If science is so wonderful, why don't they find a way to get that filth off of the internet. Or at least come up with a way to block it so that our children are not exposed to it.
It is the job of parents to filter what web sites a child can access. My child does not run my house and never will, nor does she have carte blanche to use whatever, whenever she wants. She has to ask permission to use things. If parents would start being parents to their kids instead of trying to be their best friend, much of this would be negated. :idea:

Also John- There was this guy I used to work with. He was a "good Chrisitan" or as they like to say, "Fine, fine Christian" Every day he used to come to work with horror stories about the www. He would go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about all of the SMUT, filth and "SATANIC perversion" on the WEB. He would name different web sites and which were more sick and perverse that others. He sometimes said if you look at this stuff for too long it turns the stomach.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
LorentzHA said:
It is the job of parents to filter what web sites a child can access.
It is not JUST the job of the parent. It is everyone's job. Here is an area where government and science have failed miserably with a rather flimsy excuse where it is the parent's job, yet they tie the parent's hands.

Even if you were to "protect" the so called rights of the smut peddlers, what about the right that people have to decency? If they want to peddle their inappropriate content, then mark it DOT inappropriate content, so I can buy a computer system that can easily block any DOT inappropriate content access.

The software they have is better than nothing. I use cyber patrol, and it helps. But there are still ways to get around it, if people do not respect my right of privacy.

If parents would start being parents to their kids instead of trying to be their best friend, much of this would be negated.
You can believe whatever you want. I think the problem is with science, I think the problem is with the court system. I think the problem is with the media today and I do not see anyone doing anything about it.

No, I take that back, I have one friend who is trying to do something about it. He has taken a public stand against Harry Potter. But he gets very little support from anyone, he is pretty much out there on his own. He is not even married, he does not even have any kids. But he cares enough about your kids and my kids to try and do something to make this a better world for them to live in.

We teach our kids in sunday school that they should dare to be a Daniel, they should dare to be like Ezekiel. But if anyone were to walk into most churchs today, with the boldness of Ezekiel, they would be shown the door and told to leave. Or they would put a gag order on them, and say, your welcome to stay as long as you don't open your mouth and say anything.

I think it is disgusting that the filth monguls go to christian forums and try to put gag orders on christians on their own web sites. If they do not want to hear christian's peddle their wears, then don't go to a christian web sights. Just like I should not go to a inappropriate contento sight if I do not want to be influence by the perversion's that the harlot monguls peddle.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Removed personal attacks.

Rule No. 1 - No "Flaming"

1) You will not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest. You may discuss another member's beliefs but there will be no personal attacks on the member himself or herself. This includes implied accusations that another member is not a Christian.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
It is not JUST the job of the parent. It is everyone's job. Here is an area where government and science have failed miserably with a rather flimsy excuse where it is the parent's job, yet they tie the parent's hands.
"it takes a village to raise a child." --Hillary Clinton.

I'm surprised, John; I wouldn't think you'd be so supportive of the Clintons.

Even if you were to "protect" the so called rights of the smut peddlers, what about the right that people have to decency? If they want to peddle their inappropriate content, then mark it DOT inappropriate content, so I can buy a computer system that can easily block any DOT inappropriate content access.
I do believe that's in the works. a sort of DOT XXX site. But who's going to make the "smut peddlers" obey? Most of them operate internationally, far out of the government's reach...

The software they have is better than nothing. I use cyber patrol, and it helps. But there are still ways to get around it, if people do not respect my right of privacy.
Is that "science"'s fault, or people's?

You can believe whatever you want. I think the problem is with science, I think the problem is with the court system. I think the problem is with the media today and I do not see anyone doing anything about it.
And you have still failed to give your definition of "science." You don't realize (or perhaps you refuse to accept) that "science" is only a tool, no better or worse than the people who use it.

No, I take that back, I have one friend who is trying to do something about it. He has taken a public stand against Harry Potter. But he gets very little support from anyone, he is pretty much out there on his own.
And's who's fault is that?

He is not even married, he does not even have any kids. But he cares enough about your kids and my kids to try and do something to make this a better world for them to live in.
If you support his right to raise my kids and your kids, then perhaps you woldn't mind giving me the chance to raise your kids for a year or so...

We teach our kids in sunday school that they should dare to be a Daniel, they should dare to be like Ezekiel. But if anyone were to walk into most churchs today, with the boldness of Ezekiel, they would be shown the door and told to leave. Or they would put a gag order on them, and say, your welcome to stay as long as you don't open your mouth and say anything.
And what exactly would Daniel or Ezekiel say? I know I could look them up in the Bible, but I'd rather hear your take on this...

I think it is disgusting that the filth monguls go to christian forums and try to put gag orders on christians on their own web sites.
Who or what are you talking about??? :scratch:

If they do not want to hear christian's peddle their wears, then don't go to a christian web sights. Just like I should not go to a inappropriate contento sight if I do not want to be influence by the perversion's that the harlot monguls peddle.
I reiterate: Who or what are you talking about??? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
I disagree. It is the PARENT's JOB! There is bad out there, but without it how would our children know right from wrong, good from bad. Sorry John, I take responsiblity for myself and my child. If everyone would start with that, it would be a good place. Children get no discipline at home (because people want to be friends with their children-spanking is not abuse.) This is a media myth. I went to a seminar in the school system we live in, on this. The they basically told the audience that non spanking was a "failed experiemnt" and they were encouraging parent to become "parents" again!

They have no discipline at school because the government has tied the hands of our teachers. Even when teacher give verbal discipline parents go to school and arhue with the teacher instead of owning up to the fact that their child is an unruly brat who needs, love, attention AND discipline!
We have produced a generation of psycopaths searching for boundaries that there parents should have set a LOOONG time ago!!

I agree that involving children or animals is SICK! But other than that who are you to say what inappropriate content is?? I am an adult. What I want to look at in my own home is none of your business nor that of our government. I do not consider the human body to be "inappropriate contentographic" perhaps, you have some deeper issues?

No one makes you look at any of it. I do not waste my money of software to block inappropriate content or anything else. That is what the off button is for, give it a try Johnny.

Anyone doing anything about what? What is your problem? That is how Hitler started by going on and on about "Smut" and "Filth" and burning that and then gradually he started burning this he found personally offensive. The human body makes you sick eh, Johnny?

No, I take that back, I have one friend who is trying to do something about it. He has taken a public stand against Harry Potter. But he gets very little support from anyone, he is pretty much out there on his own. He is not even married, he does not even have any kids. But he cares enough about your kids and my kids to try and do something to make this a better world for them to live in.
A PUBLIC stance against HARRY POTTER?????????????? What is wrong with Harry Potter???????? I took my daughter and three of her friends to see it. The kids had a ball and I found it clever. If you find Harry Potter to be sick, you and your friend need therapy!

Yes they do not like dissenting voices or even a voice of reason. Oh well as your Bible says, "The truth cuts deep and to the quick". Some of the most prejudice, small minded racist, Biggots I have ever met were at church.

I think it is disgusting that the filth monguls go to christian forums and try to put gag orders on christians on their own web sites. If they do not want to hear christian's peddle their wears, then don't go to a christian web sights. Just like I should not go to a inappropriate contento sight if I do not want to be influence by the perversion's that the harlot monguls peddle.
You have REALLY went off the deep end. Who are you talking about??Who has come to CF to peddle inappropriate content??? YOU are the only person out of all ofthe threads I have ever read that even mentions inappropriate content ! There is another young man that is fascinated by homosexuality, claims to hate it, but cannot get enough of talking about it...but you are THE ONLY one who mentions inappropriate content!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yo uknow what they say-Like a moth to the flame!! ;)

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
Whatever Nathan, your the one with the sick perverted thinking, but you try and push it off on other people. Becasue you simply refuse to be responsable.
What is so sick and perverted about his thinking?:scratch: Is it because he actually does just that, thinks??

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
LorentzHA said:
What is so sick and perverted about his thinking?:scratch: Is it because he actually does just that, thinks??
Ok, he thinks, but does he check out his thoughts against the word of God to see if they line up with the word of life?

2 Cor. 10:5
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

The Bible says that there is a way that seems right onto man, but the end thereof is destruction. There are only two ways to go, the new and the living way, or the way that leads to judgement and the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
LorentzHA said:
We have produced a generation of psycopaths searching for boundaries that there parents should have set a LOOONG time ago!!
Do you mean psychopaths? That is a legal term isn't it? A lot of people I know in the mental health profession are either already or wanting to go back to school to study law. I am not quite sure why that is. Anyways, if that is the sermon you want to preach, that is fine with me.

But other than that who are you to say what inappropriate content is??
It is not what I say, it is what the Bible says. Sin is sin, always has been, always well be. As Paul says:

Hebrews 13:4
Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

You have women "models" who want to make a quick buck but who is going to be there for them to help them pick up the peices and put their life back together when they turn 30 years old?

2 Tim. 3:6-7
For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, [7] always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

If you think that us men should be allowed to exploit "gullible women loaded down with sins" then I should tell you that the Bible does not agree.

How about you, sense your always learning, are you coming into a knowledge of the truth?

I am an adult. What I want to look at in my own home is none of your business nor that of our government.
We are not talking about what goes on in your home. How would I know what goes on in your home? What we are talking about is the computer terminal in MY home. I do not think they should be allowed to pour that open sewage into people living room.

I do not consider the human body to be "inappropriate contentographic" perhaps, you have some deeper issues?
In the Greek "inappropriate contento" means harlot.There is a day of judgement coming for harlot's and whoremongers. It is not up to me to determine for you, what God is going to judge and what He is not going to judge. But I would suggest to you, that you figure out what is acceptable to God, and what is not.

Rev. 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

There is still time for people to repent and to turn away from their sin. God gives them time, but eventually time will come to an end. People have no promise of tomorrow. We only have so much time given to us, and than that is it. For many, it is only the grace of God that their heart is still beating and their lungs are still breathing.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
LorentzHA said:
A PUBLIC stance against HARRY POTTER?????????????? What is wrong with Harry Potter???????? I took my daughter and three of her friends to see it. The kids had a ball and I found it clever. If you find Harry Potter to be sick, you and your friend need therapy!
What a hyprocrate you are. All that talk about parental responsablity and you took your daugher AND three of her friend to see Harry Potter?

If you do not even have enough sense to know that you should not expose children to witchcraft and sorcery, then there really is no use to even be having this conversation.

By the way, who do you think should do this "therapy" that you recommend? People like you? HA! Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Matthew 15:14
Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
What a hyprocrate you are. All that talk about parental responsablity and you took your daugher AND three of her friend to see Harry Potter?

If you do not even have enough sense to know that you should not expose children to witchcraft and sorcery, then there really is no use to even be having this conversation.
John, calm down, put your hatred in check, and listen very carefully...

Harry Potter is just a movie.
There is no real witchcraft or sorcery in it.
The characters are actors.
The "magic" is Hollywood special effects.

If you do not have enough sense to realize that, then there is really no use to even be having this conversation.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nathan Poe said:
If you do not have enough sense to realize that, then there is really no use to even be having this conversation.
Yes, I agree, there is no reason to have this conversation. As far as Harry Potter, we have a anti Harry Potter project planed. I am going to be using a different method than this, to deal with that.

Upvote 0

Douglaangu

Dance Commander
Sep 1, 2002
Visit site
✟15,542.00
Faith
Atheist
We are not talking about what goes on in your home. How would I know what goes on in your home? What we are talking about is the computer terminal in MY home. I do not think they should be allowed to pour that open sewage into people living room.
The only way that its going to get into your home is if you invite it there. Going to sites that are 'in cahoots' with inappropriate content sites. Going to sites that inappropriate content sites advertise on. Looking for inappropriate content sites so you can come on here and rant illogicaly about the state of 'science' and what it 'should and should not' be doing.

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:

By the way, who do you think should do this "therapy" that you recommend? People like you? HA! Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Matthew 15:14
Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."
This very, very sad! It is fantasy John! Ever watch The Wizard of Oz? There is "witch craft", etc. in there. You act as though I took my daughter and friends to see Deep Throat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
JohnR7 said:
Is it not all a little bit like the wisard of oz, a movie they use to put on TV at least once a year when we were growing up. Where Dorothy realized that we are not in Kansas anymore? Then she had the good and the evil "witch" or roll models . . .
Well, this thread has come full circle. It started with John using a movie that "promotes" witchcraft in his poor analogy and ends with him condeming movies that "promote" witchcraft.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
Yes, I agree, there is no reason to have this conversation. As far as Harry Potter, we have a anti Harry Potter project planed. I am going to be using a different method than this, to deal with that.
Might I suggest a book burning, perhaps?

Or, in keeping with the anti-witchcraft theme, how about a witch-burning?

C'mon, Johnny, let's see how serious you are...

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Nathan Poe said:
Might I suggest a book burning, perhaps?

Or, in keeping with the anti-witchcraft theme, how about a witch-burning?

C'mon, Johnny, let's see how serious you are...
As long as he doesn't try to burn the whole internet to get at the inappropriate contentography. :D

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
notto said:
As long as he doesn't try to burn the whole internet to get at the inappropriate contentography. :D
Not so... let him try.

So long as he's burning down the internet, one server at a time, he'll be too busy to start up threads like this.

So I say let's give him a lance and a horse and point him at the first windmill...

Upvote 0