The Real Truth About the Booming American Economy

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My engineering class was the last one to do everything by hand. I never did learn CAD. I still have my drafting tools that I inherited from my grandfather from the 1930s.

Cool. I junked all mine when I moved to CAD. I took to it like a fish to water. Then spent years collecting manuals and books on the programing language (Lisp) and discs full of hundreds of hours of software I wrote for Autocad. And then on a glorious summer's day when I retired, five minutes before I finally walked out at midday, I dumped it all into the waste paper basket.

It was like slipping the chains off. Reminded me of dumping all my text books when I finally walked out of school. Glorious!

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Cool. I junked all mine when I moved to CAD. I took to it like a fish to water. Then spent years collecting manuals and books on the programing language (Lisp) and discs full of hundreds of hours of software I wrote for Autocad. And then on a glorious summer's day when I retired, five minutes before I finally walked out at midday, I dumped it all into the waste paper basket.

It was like slipping the chains off. Reminded me of dumping all my text books when I finally walked out of school. Glorious!

Well, I also have some of his blueprints for the patents he held including the automobile windshield defroster, so the tools have some very sentimental value :)

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I celebrated my 40th year at my company a couple of years ago and they gave us a gift certificate of roughly $100 to get something we wanted. I looked at what I needed and selected a shredder as the most practical need for someone at this stage of our career.

• Haha
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My engineering class was the last one to do everything by hand. I never did learn CAD. I still have my drafting tools that I inherited from my grandfather from the 1930s.
My freshman year we were required to take a mechanical drafting class. The fellow that taught it had to be in his 60's or 70's but his hand was so steady that he could hand draw an almost perfectly straight line on the board. Unfortunately he as just as critical of our drafting as he was of his own.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Looks like a post attempting to shift the burden of proof, and also a post which didn't understand the data provided in post 196.
Just say NO you do not have data to support your post.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Does this post read as particularly bossy and controlling to anyone else?

Anyway, the data to support my post is in post 190, where the person I quoted agreed with me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As I said under Biden administration 6.5 million jobs created in 13 months and in 4 years Trump lost 8 million jobs. The statistics speaks for itself. Just because you don’t like the statistics doesn’t make it Trump bashing.

The facts tend to have an anti-Donald bias, don't they?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They'd be those 'alternative facts' that Republicans talk about.

No, the "alternative facts" are the ones the Republicans seem to embrace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does this post read as particularly bossy and controlling to anyone else?

Anyway, the data to support my post is in post 190, where the person I quoted agreed with me.
I think you need to check #190 again, you have no evidence there.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

That was just personal opinion based on anecdotal evidence. Not worth the paper it wasn't written on. The facts and figures in response were impressive though.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is an awful lot of misdirection to get around the fact that no one can present any evidence of the GOP fairy tale that kids today are lazy and entitled.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,680.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
His post was that he didn't think that the post he was quoting could be supported. It's not his responsibility to disprove somebody else's post.

• Useful
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is an awful lot of misdirection to get around the fact that no one can present any evidence of the GOP fairy tale that kids today are lazy and entitled.
I believe it was your task to provide evidence to counter that claim.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I believe it was your task to provide evidence to counter that claim.

It was nothing but opinion. How do you counter an opinion?

'Oh yes they are'.
'Oh no they're not'.

This is a forum. Not a panto (which is a reference maybe only those from the UK might get).

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
His post was that he didn't think that the post he was quoting could be supported. It's not his responsibility to disprove somebody else's post.
Says who? His statement requires the same evidence as the one he disputes, if he wants to discredit the other post.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,680.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Says who? His statement requires the same evidence as the one he disputes, if he wants to discredit the other post.
By discredit the other post do you meaning asking for evidence? Because that's what he was saying, that he didn't think the other post could be supported.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was nothing but opinion. How do you counter an opinion?

'Oh yes they are'.
'Oh no they're not'.

This is a forum. Not a panto (which is a reference maybe only those from the UK might get).
thank you for your opinion

Upvote 0