ElxDalto

Aug 4, 2016
Texas
✟8,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Theres some Christians that believe it will come to pass, others do not. I personally believe we are near the end. Theres different views of what the rapture will be like. Is New Babylon already established or is that after NWO is established? Will Christians have to defend ourselves from the Islam traditionalists before that comes to pass? Just been ringing around my brain and curious about other Christian views.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The idea of "the rapture" as popularly imagined is a 19th century fiction invented by John Darby and the Plymouth Brethren.

Everything else you mentioned is largely the product of 20th and 21st century apocalypticism and the popular ideas of so-called "prophecy experts" who have remained, until this very day, consistently wrong in every prediction and forecast into what is supposed to happen.

What do I believe as a Christian? What's written in the Creeds: That the Lord ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father from whence He will come again to judge the living and the dead. At His coming the dead will be raised, and there will be life everlasting in the age to come. When these things take place no one knows, only the Father knows, and it is not our business to know the times and seasons.

He'll return when He returns, until then our job isn't to speculate about "the end times", but to be faithful servants of Christ in the world doing as He commanded in the beginning.

I tend to not look at current events and attempt to divine future events based on them according to particular "end times" theories which I consider to be fundamentally erroneous.

Whatever the near or distant future holds, I look forward to the return of the Lord, the resurrection of the dead, when God makes all things new, and that future life in the age to come.

As far as the "NWO", it's conspiracy theory driven nonsense that has neither theological nor biblical support; but is rooted in a reactionary fear against new age crackpots from the 19th and 20th century such as Alice Bailey. Since I don't believe in new age woo, I don't believe in the reactionary conspiracy theory woo which is based upon said new age woo--it's all woo, and I don't believe any of it.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ElxDalto

Aug 4, 2016
Texas
✟8,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
As far as the "NWO", it's conspiracy theory driven nonsense that has neither theological nor biblical support; but is rooted in a reactionary fear against new age crackpots from the 19th and 20th century such as Alice Bailey. Since I don't believe in new age woo, I don't believe in the reactionary conspiracy theory woo which is based upon said new age woo--it's all woo, and I don't believe any of it.

-CryptoLutheran

What about the Federal Reserve Bank that lends U.S. bookoos of dough and its not even a real bank?

It always reminds me of this quote:

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
– John Adams

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What about the Federal Reserve Bank that lends U.S. bookoos of dough and its not even a real bank?

I know that people have been claiming conspiracy theories about it for decades. Because people come up with conspiracy theories for everything. There are people who used to claim that Proctor and Gamble was part of some satanic conspiracy because their old logo had a moon with a face.

Never underestimate the power of human imagination and good old fashioned stupidity.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The idea of "the rapture" as popularly imagined is a 19th century fiction invented by John Darby and the Plymouth Brethren.

Everything else you mentioned is largely the product of 20th and 21st century apocalypticism and the popular ideas of so-called "prophecy experts" who have remained, until this very day, consistently wrong in every prediction and forecast into what is supposed to happen.

What do I believe as a Christian? What's written in the Creeds: That the Lord ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father from whence He will come again to judge the living and the dead. At His coming the dead will be raised, and there will be life everlasting in the age to come. When these things take place no one knows, only the Father knows, and it is not our business to know the times and seasons.

He'll return when He returns, until then our job isn't to speculate about "the end times", but to be faithful servants of Christ in the world doing as He commanded in the beginning.

I tend to not look at current events and attempt to divine future events based on them according to particular "end times" theories which I consider to be fundamentally erroneous.

Whatever the near or distant future holds, I look forward to the return of the Lord, the resurrection of the dead, when God makes all things new, and that future life in the age to come.

-CryptoLutheran

I've not looked in the rapture idea. What are these passages saying?

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Upvote 0

ElxDalto

Aug 4, 2016
Texas
✟8,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I know that people have been claiming conspiracy theories about it for decades. Because people come up with conspiracy theories for everything. There are people who used to claim that Proctor and Gamble was part of some satanic conspiracy because their old logo had a moon with a face.

Never underestimate the power of human imagination and good old fashioned stupidity.

But this is reality, we are even more in debt thanks to our president, and why? There hasn't been this much debt before.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
But this is reality, we are even more in debt thanks to our president, and why? There hasn't been this much debt before.

Obama inherited a massive amount of debt from Bush's policies, yes; but what has that to do with anything?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Except Paul himself addressed the issue that Christ would not come until the trib happened which means he spoke against any pre-trib rapture concept because it existed as a belief in his own time. It just got popular in the 19th century.

Reactions: ElxDalto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ElxDalto

Aug 4, 2016
Texas
✟8,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Except Paul himself addressed the issue that Christ would not come until the trib happened which means he spoke against any pre-trib rapture concept because it existed as a belief in his own time. It just got popular in the 19th century.

Could you reference that, I would enjoy reading it :)

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Could you reference that, I would enjoy reading it :)

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

He shouldn't even have to speak of these things because he would have told them in person when he was with them but for some reason he decides in fact to re-tell them this:

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

This is it. The idea that Christ could come suddenly without any warning before the tribulation and Antichrist etc is what started the Pre-trib concept. This one sentence will be misunderstood and the idea that Christ could come at any time, even before the tribulation happens, is born. The facts are that Christ cannot and will not just suddenly appear because there are major events that have to take place first before he arrives but those who are unsaved and spirtually blind won't know this and so the second coming will surprise them without warning as a thief in the night but not those who are awake and watching for the right signs.

1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

And this is the part that was missed or ignored. Christ only comes suddenly, without any warning to those who are deceived, in darkness, and are worshiping a false god in the tribulation. Christ's actual appearance will be sudden and shocking to them! But not to us!

1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night

So the confusion about Christ appearing suddenly at any moment reached Paul and he wrote a second letter to explain what he meant in the first one!

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

He is saying DO NOT BE WORRIED THAT CHRIST CAN JUST SUDDENLY RETURN AND SURPRISE YOU!

Look at his words:

1. by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ

That is the second coming!

2. and by our gathering together unto him

That is the rapture!

3. that ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Don't be worried that the second coming and the rapture "is at hand" meaning they could happen right away instead of after the tribulation as Christ said in the gospels.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

There are major things that happen first which will let the faithful know the return of Christ is soon! That is mainly the Tribulation and Apostasy where essentially the whole world, all religions and even Atheists, will believe in this person who will claim and seem to be God! I believe he will claim to be Jesus Christ leading so many astray.

So Paul has just said don't be worried that the second coming and rapture can happen before the tribulation and the Apostasy led by the Antichrist! IE: a pre-trib rapture is not true, right from the mouth of Paul himself.

2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

Now he has to remind them...but some will never let go of this "any moment" doctrine that Christ can return suddenly to "rapture the Church away".

The Bible makes it clear that there is no pre-tribulation rapture. The tribulation and the appearance of the Antichrist will come first before any rapture takes place. Scripture speaks of the same order of events elsewhere:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Context is the second coming!

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

Context is the second coming!

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

This is the second coming!

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

So, the proper order of events according to scripture:

1. the second coming begins/Christ leaves heaven. (1Th 4:16) (this doesn't happen until the tribulation has ended, Mat_24:29)
2. the resurrection. (dead saints resurrect bodily in heaven and follow Christ as he returns to the Earth-second coming) (1Th 4:14-16)
3. the rapture. (living saints on Earth are gathered together from where ever they are on the Earth in order to meet Christ in the clouds when he arrives)(1Th 4:17)
This proves the pre-trib (and mid-trib) rapture to be false because the second coming comes after the tribulation not before or during it, Mat 24:29-30

A rapture before the tribulation is impossible according to Mat 24:29-30, and a rapture before the second coming is impossible according to 1Th 4:13-17.

So, the proper order of events according to scripture including Mat_24:29:

1. the great tribulation ends. (Mat_24:29)
2. the second coming begins/Christ leaves heaven. (1Th 4:16, Mat_24:30)
3. the resurrection. (dead saints resurrect bodily in heaven and follow Christ as he returns to the Earth-second coming) (1Th 4:14-16)
4. the rapture. (living saints on Earth are gathered together from where ever they are on the Earth in order to meet Christ in the clouds when he arrives)(1Th 4:17)

Again we see that certain events must happen first before a rapture takes place!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It's not stoping... It's not slowing down... We're in a hole that we can't climb out of.

Let's put forward two potential scenarios:

1. National debt continues to escalate, other bad things happen, and the United States collapses or ceases to be a significant player in world events. So what? I mean within the scale of history the US, like every other nation in the world and throughout history, is almost insignificant. Further, what does it matter in the scope of eschatology?

2. National debt goes down, things become fairly stable, America continues and we all throw a party. So what? The exact same signficance (or, lack thereof) of the previous scenario.

The United States isn't the center of the world, or the center of history. It's just one nation among hundreds, and many nations have come before and many will almost certainly come after it. The United States is, more or less, theologically irrelevant.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0