ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The main problem is that their Shepherds are like Jesus warned, blind ones leading them !
Not to place blame but is their pride in spiritual things that really is a huge problem. It’s one thing to humbly have GOD working through you and another to act spiritually superior like their is anything special about that specific believer.

To hear them talk they think they are doing powerful things. Truth is only God does powerful things. Humility and sense is important

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was the apoostles doctrine perfect? Yes. They were actually called by God. So if churches today dont have perfect doctrine its because they are not called by God to teach.
Where did you find the Apostles doctrine. And don't say, "The Bible." That's not a book of doctrine. Is the doctrine in the Didache perfect? (teachings of the twelve Apostles)

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesnt matter who claims to be christian, or who we claim are christian. Thats not my point. My point is simply this, if they are all teaching conflicting doctrine how can they be called to teach?
The Apostle Paul and Peter had conflicting doctrine. The Apostle Paul and James had conflicting doctrine. Are you ready to toss them out?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where did you find the Apostles doctrine. And don't say, "The Bible." That's not a book of doctrine. Is the doctrine in the Didache perfect? (teachings of the twelve Apostles)
Sorry but i found it in the bible. I have no idea what the didache is. Could you expound please?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Apostle Paul and Peter had conflicting doctrine. The Apostle Paul and James had conflicting doctrine. Are you ready to toss them out?
And how do you know peter and paul had a disagreement? The bible in its perfect doctrine has taught us this. Correct? The scriptures do not conflict with each other.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but i found it in the bible. I have no idea what the didache is. Could you expound please?
The Didache (Teachings of the 12 Apostles) is a writing of the Early Church. In the same timeframe as the NT. It is a book of doctrine. Not considered inspired. It was not considered for the canon of the NT.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Didache (Teachings of the 12 Apostles) is a writing of the Early Church. In the same timeframe as the NT. It is a book of doctrine. Not considered inspired. It was not considered for the canon of the NT.
thank you. For me the doctrine which we have been given is pretty simple. I think the bible is enough for me.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And how do you know peter and paul had a disagreement? The bible in its perfect doctrine has taught us this. Correct? The scriptures do not conflict with each other.
Galatians 2:11-13
When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thank you. For me the doctrine which we have been given is pretty simple. I think the bible is enough for me.
The Bible is not a book of doctrine, The Didache is. That's the point.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Galatians 2:11-13
When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.
Yes that was a rhetorical question. Note that although they had a disagreement, they still managed to come to the same doctrine, unlike churches today which are splintered teaching their own traditions and misunderstandings, the bible is more than enough to instruct us and it has no fallible tradition or doctrine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes that was a rhetorical question. Note that although they had a disagreement, they still managed to come to the same doctrine, unlike churches today which are splintered teaching their own traditions and misunderstandings, the bible is more than enough to instruct us and it has no fallible tradition or doctrine.
Every Christian church develops their doctrine based on the Bible. Yet you claim they all disagree. Why?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Every Christian church develops their doctrine based on the Bible. Yet you claim they all disagree. Why?
Because they disagree first about who leads the Church. Thats a pretty big disagreement. They disagree on other things too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
His sheep know his voice and follow it.

Titus 2 But as for you, speak the things which are fitting for sound doctrine. 2 Older men are to be temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in [a]perseverance.

3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, 4 so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

6 Likewise urge the young men to be [c]sensible; 7 in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with [d]purity in doctrine, dignified, 8 sound in speech which is beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be put to shame, having nothing bad to say about us.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is [a]inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you be more specific?
The papacy? Do protestants agree with the papacy? Not this protestant. Would the Pope allow a protestant to teach Protestantism in the catholic church? No. This is because they have disagreements on many issues, one being who controls the church. Here is another example. Catholics believe that bread and wine literally becomes the Lords flesh and blood and they eat His literal flesh and blood. Protestants however believe this is merely symbolic not literal.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His sheep know his voice and follow it.

Titus 2 But as for you, speak the things which are fitting for sound doctrine. 2 Older men are to be temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in [a]perseverance.

3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, 4 so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

6 Likewise urge the young men to be [c]sensible; 7 in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with [d]purity in doctrine, dignified, 8 sound in speech which is beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be put to shame, having nothing bad to say about us.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is [a]inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
Thanks for proving my point. Finding the word "doctrine" does not prove that the Bible is a book of doctrine. As I said, doctrine is a manmade thing based on the Bible. We had to do what the Bible does not. We needed to collect all the relevant information throughout the Bible about any particular doctrine into one place.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The papacy? Do protestants agree with the papacy? Not this protestant. Would the Pope allow a protestant to teach Protestantism in the catholic church? No. This is because they have disagreements on many issues, one being who controls the church. Here is another example. Catholics believe that bread and wine literally becomes the Lords flesh and blood and they eat His literal flesh and blood. Protestants however believe this is merely symbolic not literal.
None of that is any reason to claim that Catholics are not Christians or a part of the Body of Christ. They have some legitimate complaints about Protestants as well. Should they discount you as well? That would be wrong for either side.

Sorry, you have failed to make your point here.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for proving my point. Finding the word "doctrine" does not prove that the Bible is a book of doctrine. As I said, doctrine is a manmade thing based on the Bible. We had to do what the Bible does not. We needed to collect all the relevant information throughout the Bible about any particular doctrine into one place.
Your assertion that the bible doesnt contain doctrine is absurd. Lets move on please.

Upvote 0