Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
That's good. The 1500s the 1700s and the 1800s. A long time after the first Apostles.
I suppose the Cessationists would say "It's the devil."
The barking is a bit much, even for me. lol
When the Holy Spirit comes powerfully on someone, a major conflict often arises as other spirits, long resident within that person, also manifest themselves.

Thus the source of much of the nonsense (ie.barking and roaring) we encounter at powerful Holy Spirit meetings are simply demons reacting to what's going on.

Unfortunately many Christians fall for the lie that Christians cannot have demons, so foolishly attribute any bizarre behaviour like barking to the Holy Spirit.
It should be the responsibility of mature Christians to discern and cast those demons straight out rather than letting their demonic roarings take the limelight.

Even in Jesus's ministry, His presence produced similar effects.

• Informative
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When the Holy Spirit comes powerfully on someone, a major conflict often arises as other spirits, long resident within that person, also manifest themselves.

Thus the source of much of the nonsense (ie.barking and roaring) we encounter at powerful Holy Spirit meetings are simply demons reacting to what's going on.

Unfortunately many Christians fall for the lie that Christians cannot have demons, so foolishly attribute any bizarre behaviour like barking to the Holy Spirit.
It should be the responsibility of mature Christians to discern and cast those demons straight out rather than letting their demonic roarings take the limelight.

Even in Jesus's ministry, His presence produced similar effects.
15 years ago I started and ran the deliverance ministry of our church for 2 years, before stepping down. So I know, and agree with you, that Christians certainly have demons. And admittedly it was just my last post's opinion, that immature Christians can get emotionally and collectively 'caught up' in whatever seems to be going on. But I wouldn't have thought it was demons as you've just shared. Tell me, have you ever had personal experience with 'casting those demons straight out'? Or is this your opinion also?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
15 years ago I started and ran the deliverance ministry of our church for 2 years, before stepping down. So I know, and agree with you, that Christians certainly have demons. And admittedly it was just my last post's opinion, that immature Christians can get emotionally and collectively 'caught up' in whatever seems to be going on. But I wouldn't have thought it was demons as you've just shared. Tell me, have you ever had personal experience with 'casting those demons straight out'? Or is this your opinion also?
I started casting demons out in the mid 70s, naively at first, but being thrown in at the deep end is the best training anyone can have. I learned by experience and listening to the Holy Spirit.
So for the last 40 years, as directly commanded by Jesus himself, I have not ceased ministering deliverance to my fellow believers as a normal part of Christian living.

So yes, I believe many of the manifestations that get credited to the Holy Spirit are just demons, and we can see similar things in the gospels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have we not cast out demons in you name?
What are you implying? Jesus said...

Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Have we not cast out demons in you name?
Mark16v17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I asked questions and got no answers
Why then should I answer yours?
I found this in your signature line.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums