Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rebuking fixed the problem. You somehow seem to think that modern day apostles would allow division to grow and flourish like it does in modern churches.
How can you substantiate your claim that "Rebuking fixed the problem" of division?

Division isn't even a singular thing (to "fix"). Like I said, there are opportunities for "division" (differing opinions) every day. Which we seem to be having here presently. And which you define as "fleshly". Have we repented yet?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How can you substantiate your claim that "Rebuking fixed the problem" of division?

Division isn't even a singular thing (to "fix"). Like I said, there are opportunities for "division" (differing opinions) every day. Which we seem to be having here presently. And which you define as "fleshly". Have we repented yet?
So the modern day apostles give us different opinions?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No they were not teaching different opinions.
Why would Peter describe the teaching of Paul as "hard to understand" if there were not differences of opinion?

2 Peter 3:16
He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why would Peter describe the teaching of Paul as "hard to understand" if there were not differences of opinion?

2 Peter 3:16
He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
Who had those different opinions? Church members or the apostles?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets look at what paul says about that "empire"

2 Timothy 4:3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
I hope someone wouldn't use this whole topic as a reason for not being an active member in the body of Christ. Claiming that since there is "division" in the church today, that it cannot be of God, and therefore they will have nothing to do with it.

Can you see how a person might come to that conclusion? Given the "facts" presented.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Differing opinions are not a good thing

2 Peter 3:16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope someone wouldn't use this whole topic as a reason for not being an active member in the body of Christ. Claiming that since there is "division" in the church today, that it cannot be of God, and therefore they will have nothing to do with it.

Can you see how a person might come to that conclusion? Given the "facts" presented.
I hope you stick to the topic again. The topic isnt about about that.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the modern day apostles give us different opinions?
I suppose so.

Have you ever read Acts chapter fifteen? About the Jerusalem Council.
It seems that there were a number of different opinions there. A fleshly and divisive activity as you would define it. Right? Or do I misunderstand you?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suppose so.

Have you ever read Acts chapter fifteen? About the Jerusalem Council.
It seems that there were a number of different opinions there. A fleshly and divisive activity as you would define it. Right? Or do I misunderstand you?
But the apostles agreed in acts 15!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not until all the differing opinions were heard.

Acts 15:6
The apostles and elders met to consider this question.
It didnt take hundreds of years to hammer out their differences like modern churches are taking. Why is that? Because modern churches dont have real apostles.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stick to the topic. This is not about why people attend church.
I'm not so sure that it is off-topic.

In the OP you claim (infer) that there are no Apostles in the modern church today.
You say that this is evidenced by the presence of "division" in the church.
Because, you claim, that the NT apostles "fixed" division in the church.
Therefore, if there is division in the modern church this indicates "no apostles".

You go on to ask, "... how can all these church teachers be called by God if their doctrine divides us?"
Well, this begs the question. (which you want to remain off-topic)
If all the leaders of modern churches are NOT called of God, why would we follow them?
And if we weren't following them, why would we attend their churches?

That seems to be the ultimate conclusion here? Am I misunderstanding something?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It didnt take hundreds of years to hammer out their differences like modern churches are taking. Why is that? Because modern churches dont have real apostles.
You have clearly identified a "problem".
Would like to offer a "solution"?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One mind?

Acts 15:25 it seemed good to us, having [n]become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
"become"?

How did they "become" of one mind (agree) if there were not initially differences of opinion?

Upvote 0