Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
said by a person whom i suspect has never cast a devil out of ANY person.

Its amazing how many who have never are sone how self proclaimed experts on the topic.

Well i assure you..where there is sin in a persons life devils are not far away.
And as poibted out before.
Devils (which are spirits of pure lie and evil)are not cast out from either non Christians or Christians.
They are cast out of "human bodies" .

The human body of flesh can certainy have evil spirits in it.
Flesh and blood is corrupted and cannot enter the kingdom of God.
An evil spirit can cohabitate a human body and do very very often.
An evil spirit cannot enter another spirit.
But they can enter the shell that houses another spirit.
And where there is bondage of sin or sickness or torment.
There be very often ..devils.

Jesus gave us both authority and instructions to "drive them out"

But you'll never experience doing so while your listening to and believing the very evil spirits telling you ..no Did god reeealy say that ...no no that doesnt apoly to you no no doubt it disbelieve it...
Your just listening to the spirits of this world.
How many times in the Epistles did any of them command demons be exorcized out then from Christians?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
This is what was prophesied about the 400 years of silence.

Amos 8:11-12
11 “Behold, the days are coming,” declares the Lord God,
“when I will send a famine on the land—
not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water,
but of hearing the words of the Lord.
12 They shall wander from sea to sea,
and from north to east;
they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the Lord,
but they shall not find it.

There were no words of the Lord.
Its rather foolish quoting Amos as justification for prophecy and revelation being silenced after the apostolic period.

You have taken that verse in chapter 8 entirely out of context. From the very beginning, the whole of Amos is a rebuke against Israel's apostasy and idolatry. They had driven the Lord far from the nation and supplanted foreign gods in his place.

Now was the time of God's judgement, they had driven Him out, and now he was about to drive them out of the land and into death or captivity.

So Israel's "famine of the word" is part of God's judgement for rebellion.

In contrast, the time of the apostles and early church was a time of revival and great faithfulness and a huge harvest. A time where the word of the Lord, manifested through the gifts of the spirit was an abundant blessing throughout the church. Definitely not a time to punish the church with silence, like He punished unfaithful Israel

So the prime reason for the "famine of the word" was that the rebellious hard hearted Israelites did not want to hear the voice of God.
And just like the Israelites, hard hearted Cessationists today still do not want to hear the voice of God.
And the Cessationists have got their wish, complete deafness, blindness and silence.

However, there has always been a remnant who hunger after the hearing of God's voice, and to them, the Lord has always been speaking.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,420.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They have NO power over a christian filled with the Holy Spirit, and walking in obedience to the scriptures!

You can have a lot of spiritual problems related to evil spirits from your past, and those just don't solve themselves when you believe. You need deliverance. A lot of christians don't even know they have those evil spirits, its a shame that people have problems because of this, BUT God don't permit that a christian have a demon! no no that is not possible! this is a lie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was probably the prime mover of Mark16v17 on this thread, and never once did I claim that we are commanded to drink poison or catch snakes. Nor to my knowledge has anyone else claimed such absurdities, except Cessationists who falsely put those words in our mouths.
Mark16v15And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16“He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. 17“These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Preaching the Gospel is a command, and as demonstrated in all the previous missionary exploits, it was accompanied with the casting out demons. The apostles would therefore take this repeat instruction for granted.

The fundamental reason for casting demons out is also stated by Jesus.-
Matt12v28"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

And the reverse must also be true, if we do not cast those demons out, the kingdom of darkness remains upon that person, whether he is a believer or not.

The references to serpents and poisons simply means that when you come across a serpent or eat something poisonous, do not fear because you can deal with it as surely as you've dealt with demons.
The thing is we all know this.
They know it too.
They just ignore the basic simpmicity of it to push thier nin scriptural stance.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can have a lot of spiritual problems related to evil spirits from your past, and those just don't solve themselves when you believe. You need deliverance. A lot of christians don't even know they have those evil spirits, its a shame that people have problems because of this, BUT God don't permit that a christian have a demon! no no that no possible! this is a lie.
NBB .. As iv said before.. Devils are not cast out of christians Or non christians .they are cast out from human Bodies. They inhabit flesh temples and mess with emotions and mind.

@YeshuaFan said.... "They have NO power over a christian filled with the Holy Spirit, and walking in obedience to the scriptures!"...
And that is 100% truth.

But what must be clarified is that power means "authority" .
People miss this .
Every thief burglar and intruder has NO power..no authority to enter your house ...
But if you dont take precautions ... They will any way.
They dont have the power to but they have the ability to.
If a person walks in lukewarmness and unbelief ..they become disobedient children.
In eph 2 he writes about the prince of the power of the air that Now works in the "children of Disobedience...."
Disobedience to jesus equates to obeying the spirit of this world

Many people today are inhabited by evil spirits because of thier sin.
The evil spirits are illegal intruders.

The apistles are not here to cast them out.
But Jesus is here in us by his Hoky Spirit and he has given US the authority the legal right to drive those burglars Out.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
They have NO power over a christian filled with the Holy Spirit, and walking in obedience to the scriptures!

I take it you are now back pedalling from your earlier claim, that no Christian could have a demon?

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No but if you read Paul's teaching on the Body of Christ it is clear that each member should have a participation in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

All those folks in Hebrews 11 succeeded big time, many of them were prosperous, none of them were sick.

Jesus warns that with prosperity comes persecution. We are not looking for easy living but victory over the devil.

Victory over sin
victory over sickness and disease
victory over poverty

Victory over false teachings in the church which say good is evil and evil is good, sweet is bitter and bitter is sweet.
We are still here living under the Curse, effected by the fall of Adam, and there shall be no more sickness/disease, and all shall indeed have full prosperity with the Second Coning happens, and Jesus sets up His kingdom here upon the earth! God cares FAR more that we grow in maturity than our ease comfort and pleasures!

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God bless Joni...I believe in healing...what unbelievers say is "Joni is a wonderful person, how can she believe in a God who keeps her sick like that...."
You mock the grace of God in her life, as the Lord uses her to show to others who are facing bad situations like hers that God is faithful even when in the midst of trials and tribulations being experienced! God jas chosen to permit her to stay in that state for His glory....

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No but if you read Paul's teaching on the Body of Christ it is clear that each member should have a participation in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

All those folks in Hebrews 11 succeeded big time, many of them were prosperous, none of them were sick.

Jesus warns that with prosperity comes persecution. We are not looking for easy living but victory over the devil.

Victory over sin
victory over sickness and disease
victory over poverty

Victory over false teachings in the church which say good is evil and evil is good, sweet is bitter and bitter is sweet.
So the faith warrors, as God calls them, in Hebrews 11 that were sawn in half, killed, persecuted,lived in caves, were being hounded and live in dire situations had your overcoming living, as you describe it as being?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 28, 2018
Greenville
✟15,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
By what wisdom or power do YOU minister today? is it by human wisdom, accrued knowledge? or is it imparted to you by the Holy Ghost?

1.Corinthians.2.4-5
and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and power that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

1.Corinthians.2.14.
The unspiritual man does not receive the gifts of the Spirit of God for they are folly to him and he is not able to understand them for they are spiritually discerned.
You minister by God working through gift he has bestowed on you. Also the pattern for church throughout ages is seen in Acts. There has been a falling away from these things but it is clearly seen in prophecy that at the end of time that same working and manifestation of Gos would be seen once more. So all that we see in Acts will/is being restored again in power. Bless God for another chance for this world.

• Winner
Reactions: Billy Evmur
Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2018
Greenville
✟15,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Acts, God distributed the gifts in the two outpourings. And then only through the hands of an apostle. Only an apostle could impart them. When the apostles died off, only the ministerial gifts remained. Tongues, prophecy. word of knowledge, signs and wonders all ceased.

That is what is generally seen in Christendom today but not what the Word declares.

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2018
Greenville
✟15,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of wonders and signs, you know believe it or not, a minister was speaking trough the radio, and i got close to it (the radio), and actually he started talking to me. I tell you i'm not crazy, because he described my house, expelled a demon from me, and told me what i was thinking, i switched thoughts and he told me everytime what i was thinking. Atheists don't believe this kind of things, but christians should consider believing a fellow brother eh.
hard to believe? THERE YOU HAVE SIGNS AND WONDERS.

Was this minister filled with holiness and living free from sin?

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2018
Greenville
✟15,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its the Holy spirit who gives the gifts. That only apostles can do that doesn't make any sense.

Gifts of the Holy Spirit
12 Brothers and sisters, I want you to know about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. 2 You know that at one time you were unbelievers. You were somehow drawn away to worship statues of gods that couldn’t even speak. 3 So I want you to know that no one who is speaking with the help of God’s Spirit says, “May Jesus be cursed.” And without the help of the Holy Spirit no one can say, “Jesus is Lord.”

4 There are different kinds of gifts. But they are all given to believers by the same Spirit. 5 There are different ways to serve. But they all come from the same Lord. 6 There are different ways the Spirit works. But the same God is working in all these ways and in all people.

7 The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all. 8 To some people the Spirit gives a message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives a message of knowledge. 9 To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. 10 To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages. 11 All the gifts are produced by one and the same Spirit. He gives gifts to each person, just as he decides.

Where does the Word show that the gift of Apostles has ceased or would cease?

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
NBB .. As iv said before.. Devils are not cast out of christians Or non christians .they are cast out from human Bodies. They inhabit flesh temples and mess with emotions and mind.

@YeshuaFan said.... "They have NO power over a christian filled with the Holy Spirit, and walking in obedience to the scriptures!"...
And that is 100% truth.

But what must be clarified is that power means "authority" .
People miss this .
Every thief burglar and intruder has NO power..no authority to enter your house ...
But if you dont take precautions ... They will any way.
They dont have the power to but they have the ability to.
If a person walks in lukewarmness and unbelief ..they become disobedient children.
In eph 2 he writes about the prince of the power of the air that Now works in the "children of Disobedience...."
Disobedience to jesus equates to obeying the spirit of this world

Many people today are inhabited by evil spirits because of thier sin.
The evil spirits are illegal intruders.

The apistles are not here to cast them out.
But Jesus is here in us by his Hoky Spirit and he has given US the authority the legal right to drive those burglars Out.
Jesus has authority over every pertson saved by Him, as they have been marked out and sealed by the Holy Spirit, and greater in He than he that is in the world, Satan and his demons!

• Winner
Reactions: Billy Evmur
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I take it you are now back pedalling from your earlier claim, that no Christian could have a demon?
No. same message as always, , that no true Christian can ever be possessed by one, but can be oppressed by one!

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You minister by God working through gift he has bestowed on you. Also the pattern for church throughout ages is seen in Acts. There has been a falling away from these things but it is clearly seen in prophecy that at the end of time that same working and manifestation of Gos would be seen once more. So all that we see in Acts will/is being restored again in power. Bless God for another chance for this world.
That is what is generally seen in Christendom today but not what the Word declares.
The sign gifts being bestowed by God to someone cease at end of the Apostolic Age.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many times in the Epistles did any of them command demons be exorcized out then from Christians?
Silly question.
..how many times Did they do so?
Niether is recorded.
Still using empty ambiguities .
Sigh .
The cessationist simply has ZERO scriptural basis fir what is Nothing more then thier OPINION wjich has benn learned from other non believers.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You can have a lot of spiritual problems related to evil spirits from your past, and those just don't solve themselves when you believe. You need deliverance. A lot of christians don't even know they have those evil spirits, its a shame that people have problems because of this, BUT God don't permit that a christian have a demon! no no that is not possible! this is a lie.
What verse shows to us in the NT that a real Believer had a demon possessing them after salvation?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.