Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By what wisdom or power do YOU minister today? is it by human wisdom, accrued knowledge? or is it imparted to you by the Holy Ghost?

1.Corinthians.2.4-5
and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and power that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

1.Corinthians.2.14.
The unspiritual man does not receive the gifts of the Spirit of God for they are folly to him and he is not able to understand them for they are spiritually discerned.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By what wisdom or power do YOU minister today? is it by human wisdom, accrued knowledge? or is it imparted to you by the Holy Ghost?

The Holy Spirit only provides the direction that you answer from. For example "I had a baby!" changes to "God has provided us a child to care for and nurture."
The Holy Spirit also sends 'Notifications" that God is present and in control or "God requires your action on this." but you must depend on God to handle the details. The more you put yourself in God's hands, the better He will lead you. I don't think human wisdom exists.

1 Corinthians 2:13
And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:6-7
Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Billy Evmur
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1.Corinthians.2.4-5
and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and power that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

1.Corinthians.2.14.
The unspiritual man does not receive the gifts of the Spirit of God for they are folly to him and he is not able to understand them for they are spiritually discerned.
In Acts, God distributed the gifts in the two outpourings. And then only through the hands of an apostle. Only an apostle could impart them. When the apostles died off, only the ministerial gifts remained. Tongues, prophecy. word of knowledge, signs and wonders all ceased.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Acts, God distributed the gifts in the two outpourings. And then only through the hands of an apostle. Only an apostle could impart them. When the apostles died off, only the ministerial gifts remained. Tongues, prophecy. word of knowledge, signs and wonders all ceased.

Perhaps, what you need, is a week long vacation walking side by side with a Spirit filled believer. To see what they do, hear what they say, and see how they act. Then come back and tell us you still do not believe. But in the mean time, The Word of God will continue to be preached, through out the whole creation, with Power and Authority, including signs and wonders. Thus it has been written, and thus it shall be so!

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps, what you need, is a week long vacation walking side by side with a Spirit filled believer. To see what they do, hear what they say, and see how they act. Then come back and tell us you still do not believe. But in the mean time, The Word of God will continue to be preached, through out the whole creation, with Power and Authority, including signs and wonders. Thus it has been written, and thus it shall be so!
What makes you think I'm not baptized in the Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What makes you think I'm not baptized in the Holy Spirit?

Do you believe in casting out demons and healing the sick like the bible says?:

Mark 16:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Those who believe, not only apostles... Why would the Holy spirit stop to do things?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Where do you find scriptural assertion that there is a difference between those gifts? As Paul described:

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; f it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. -- Romans 12

And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. -- 1 Corinthians 12

Where is there a distinction made between healing or prophesying and teaching or giving or leadership?

Can we only give or teach or lead if an apostle has laid hands on us?

• Agree
Reactions: Deborah D
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do you find scriptural assertion that there is a difference between those gifts? As Paul described:

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; f it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. -- Romans 12

And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. -- 1 Corinthians 12

Where is there a distinction made between healing or prophesying and teaching or giving or leadership?

Can we only give or teach or lead if an apostle has laid hands on us?
Beyond the two outpourings, only an apostle could pass the charismatic gifts on to others. When the last apostle died, those gifts ceased as Paul said they would. There's much more to this. I began a thread earlier about this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Beyond the two outpourings, only an apostle could pass the charismatic gifts on to others. When the last apostle died, those gifts ceased as Paul said they would. There's much more to this. I began a thread earlier about this.

Its the Holy spirit who gives the gifts. That only apostles can do that doesn't make any sense.

Gifts of the Holy Spirit
12 Brothers and sisters, I want you to know about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. 2 You know that at one time you were unbelievers. You were somehow drawn away to worship statues of gods that couldn’t even speak. 3 So I want you to know that no one who is speaking with the help of God’s Spirit says, “May Jesus be cursed.” And without the help of the Holy Spirit no one can say, “Jesus is Lord.”

4 There are different kinds of gifts. But they are all given to believers by the same Spirit. 5 There are different ways to serve. But they all come from the same Lord. 6 There are different ways the Spirit works. But the same God is working in all these ways and in all people.

7 The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all. 8 To some people the Spirit gives a message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives a message of knowledge. 9 To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. 10 To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages. 11 All the gifts are produced by one and the same Spirit. He gives gifts to each person, just as he decides.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its the Holy spirit who gives the gifts. That only apostles can do that doesn't make any sense.

Gifts of the Holy Spirit
12 Brothers and sisters, I want you to know about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. 2 You know that at one time you were unbelievers. You were somehow drawn away to worship statues of gods that couldn’t even speak. 3 So I want you to know that no one who is speaking with the help of God’s Spirit says, “May Jesus be cursed.” And without the help of the Holy Spirit no one can say, “Jesus is Lord.”

4 There are different kinds of gifts. But they are all given to believers by the same Spirit. 5 There are different ways to serve. But they all come from the same Lord. 6 There are different ways the Spirit works. But the same God is working in all these ways and in all people.

7 The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all. 8 To some people the Spirit gives a message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives a message of knowledge. 9 To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. 10 To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages. 11 All the gifts are produced by one and the same Spirit. He gives gifts to each person, just as he decides.
This is true, but apart from the two outpourings, the gifts came only through an apostle's hands.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do cessationists don't believe in casting out demons? because if it is that way then we are helpless against the devil, and if they do, why leave out healing the sick and tongues?, casting demons out is in the same 2 versicles as speaking in tongues and healing...:

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do cessationists don't believe in casting out demons? because if it is that way then we are helpless against the devil, and if they do, why leave out healing the sick and tongues?, casting demons out is in the same 2 versicles as speaking in tongues and healing...:

Everything is the same. Only tongues, prophecy, and word of knowledge have been replaced by the New Testament.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I don't think human wisdom exists.
Human wisdom is just another way of describing the Tree of Knowledge of Good or Evil. Whether it appears good or evil, it still produces spiritual death because both are godless solutions from man.

James3v13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Everything is the same. Only tongues, prophecy, and word of knowledge have been replaced by the New Testament.

Prophecy hasn't ceased. Your a prophet. Paul Washer is a prophet. Anyone who teaches (expository preaching) God's Word is a prophet, when what they teach is through their understanding via the Holy Spirit then it's by direct revelation - even if its not new revelation. (New revelation has ceased and scripture closed, but not prophecy)

False prophets exist today too, and they aren't always obvious.

My opinion. Of course.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
That leaves is exactly like the Scribes, Pharisees, and Teachers of the Law. All intellectual positions that man can
manage
perfectly without God as was shown by Jesus, and as is shown in countless churches today.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't see why new of today christians wouldn't make an acts 2 chapter with all they have lived trough, since they are christians, and are DOING things. But that just a thought.
Maybe in heaven they are going to have their own books with all they did etc.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Tongues, prophecy, word of knowledge signs and wonders are ALL ministry gifts.

• Winner
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of wonders and signs, you know believe it or not, a minister was speaking trough the radio, and i got close to it (the radio), and actually he started talking to me. I tell you i'm not crazy, because he described my house, expelled a demon from me, and told me what i was thinking, i switched thoughts and he told me everytime what i was thinking. Atheists don't believe this kind of things, but christians should consider believing a fellow brother eh.
hard to believe? THERE YOU HAVE SIGNS AND WONDERS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.